April 27, 2024, 12:45:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #781 12/3/08 - 12/5/08  (Read 304861 times)
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #540 on: December 04, 2008, 03:07:47 PM »

Frank. it was in Paulus's police statments that he went to the bank. The source was Paulus for that info. He went the first time, it was busy. he went the second time and he mentioned a name, Ruth Di ???? off  as to who he saw at the bank. Later, Leslie ( an old SM poster ) found an obit for a Ruth, same name who passed in June of 2005. There was no obit in Aruba, but it was in Germany. His reason for going to the bank was to deposit Joran's poker winnings. ?? Except Joran had lost .
I believe that that was the Monday. I am going from memory here.   
I doubt if that was ever followed up on by Aruban LE.
.. Getting bank records in Aruba is more difficult than in the USA or Canada and unless they had a reason ( Paulus as a suspect in a payoff with charges ) they would not have the right. Also, because he was a Dutch citizen, he might have had accounts there.   

I never have seen the obituary in Germany ..
Only on the aruba web site obituary..

I do not think it was ever listed in Germany..
Do you have a link please
Frank
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #541 on: December 04, 2008, 03:09:07 PM »

caesu,

Rudy may want to have some control over his "legacy." If he retires, he won't and may be a scapegoat himself.

Or it could be payback to someone. We knew this web couldn't last and it may be collapsing. I for one, would be very happy if JVDS and van der straaten and PVDS are the only ones who take the fall.

The only scenario that would be unrewarding is to see only JVDS go down alone.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #542 on: December 04, 2008, 03:09:16 PM »

Ms Klaasend, you are very quick !  Do you have all this stuff indexed ? Or just have a great memory ?

Memory and know where to look   
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #543 on: December 04, 2008, 03:12:57 PM »

Can someone confirm that Paulus went to the bank twice? Is that a fact or rumor?

It's important given that Joran talked about bribing 2 police officers.

Neither of which was van der straaten.

Well, Paulus says it so it MUST be true, right?

The fact that he builds into his story an alibi for why no transaction took place on one of the trips, the first, leads me to think this never actually happened.  He said the line was too long and yet the amount of time for him to drive back to his office then return back to the bank then drive back to work cause me to doubt that excuse.

Given all the other things attributed to Paulus doing that first day, just doesn't seem very logical this much time was devoted to driving back and forth to the bank.  He also claims to have been home by the time the kids got out of school, so guess one is free to think whatever they like in regard to his having spent the better part of his day driving back and forth to the bank.

JMO

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
johan555
Monkey Junky

hay welkom here !!!

« Reply #544 on: December 04, 2008, 03:15:59 PM »

Can someone confirm that Paulus went to the bank twice? Is that a fact or rumor?

It's important given that Joran talked about bribing 2 police officers.

Neither of which was van der straaten.

Fact.  He said the first time he went the line was too long so he went back later in the day.

From PVDS 6/23/05 statement:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=459.0

(snipped)

To your question if I tell you all the things I did on that
Monday the 30th of May 2005, I can state the following. I went to work.
The exact time I cannot remember but I think it was approximately
08.00 hours. I can also remember that around 10.00 hours I went
to the C.M.B. bank. There were long cues at the bank so I left without
having made any transaction and went back to work. I left my workplace
at approximately 15.00 hours. I arrived at the bank at approximately 15.30.
 I had gone to the C.M.B. bank that is situated in Noord.

To your question whether I went to the bank without stopping
or going anywhere else, I can state the following. I at least cannot
 remember having been anywhere else. I think I went directly to the bank.
At the bank I talked to Ruth DIJKHOFF. At the bank I deposited the
money that Joran said that he had won in the “Free Tournament in
the Holiday Inn” on the 29th of May 2005. It was approximately
500 Aruban guilders. Joran had given me 100 guilders because he
had taken over my place in the tournament.

After depositing the money I went home. I cannot exactly remember
what time it was when I got home. I think it was 16.15 hours. According
to me both Rita and Joran where at home. Whether Valentijn and Sebastian
where also there that Monday I cannot remember anymore because
Valentijn and Sebastian quite often went over to a friends house during
that time-period.
(snipped)

What he said in his other statement about the bank was totally different!
i try to find it

Wanneer domme mensen domme dingen beweren, dan moet je ze niet corrigeren, maar glimlachend gelijk geven.

http://www.nataleeholloway.smfnew.com/index.php
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #545 on: December 04, 2008, 03:18:25 PM »

No, I don't have a link to her obit. Leslie ( she is the one who founf Guido Wever on a modelling site in Holland, she looked at pictures for hours to snag that one ) was working hard on that one. The burial / service was in Germany. I do remember looking for the German newpaper obits and death notices.  I don't think we ever got anywhere on that one. It was one of those things that never went anywhere. Language problems, etc. trying to find things from Europe aren't easy for us N Americans.  We ( well, I wasn't ) weren't even 100 % sure if it was the same lady that was at the bank that Paulus mentioned.   
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #546 on: December 04, 2008, 03:20:24 PM »

By Paulus own account, it is a thirty minute drive each way to the bank.

I simply don't believe he spent two hours of his day attempting to deposit Joran's non-existent winnings from the night before but it did make for a good explanation for why he was away from his desk for an additional hour on that day.

But as I said, if Paulus said it, it must be true.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #547 on: December 04, 2008, 03:22:33 PM »

Well, I never believed that the went to the bank twice that day either.
Somewhere near the bank and he threw the bank in to cover in case his vehicle was spotted. They all lied and there was no one to say differently.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #548 on: December 04, 2008, 03:23:05 PM »

Frank. it was in Paulus's police statments that he went to the bank. The source was Paulus for that info. He went the first time, it was busy. he went the second time and he mentioned a name, Ruth Di ???? off  as to who he saw at the bank. Later, Leslie ( an old SM poster ) found an obit for a Ruth, same name who passed in June of 2005. There was no obit in Aruba, but it was in Germany. His reason for going to the bank was to deposit Joran's poker winnings. ?? Except Joran had lost .
.. Getting bank records in Aruba is more difficult than in the USA or Canada and unless they had a reason ( Paulus as a suspect in a payoff with charges ) they would not have the right. Also, because he was a Dutch citizen, he might have had accounts there.   

I've only seen the one from Aruba that mentions the funeral was held in Germany. 

http://www.mementomori.net/05148.html

We've discussed this before, but if it is the same Ruth, and his statement was given 6/23/05, then he was mentioning speaking with her a week after her death. 

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #549 on: December 04, 2008, 03:23:06 PM »

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #550 on: December 04, 2008, 03:25:32 PM »

The only site ever listed or found for Ruth D.
http://www.mementomori.net/05148.html
This is located in Aruba

If there is another please post it..
snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #551 on: December 04, 2008, 03:27:03 PM »

Does anyone know where the ship called the Panther is moored?  Is it near the Valero Refinery?  TIA
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #552 on: December 04, 2008, 03:28:41 PM »

Ruth died on June 18.  Paulus said he spent most of the day on May 30 driving to and from the bank so it would have been before her death.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #553 on: December 04, 2008, 03:29:26 PM »

Since most banks have video cameras, its too bad no one thought to verify the times. I wonder how long they keep those records?

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #554 on: December 04, 2008, 03:29:27 PM »

I never found anything in Germany about it..
June 18th was a key date in Aruba..
That is the only reason I am concerned about it..and paulus says he talks with her obviously alive and well.
Some days later she is dead and shipped out to Germany..But no record of it that I ever found, just a mention on an Aruban web site with No condolences from any friends or family..
Strange.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #555 on: December 04, 2008, 03:33:39 PM »

I never found anything in Germany about it..
June 18th was a key date in Aruba..
That is the only reason I am concerned about it..and paulus says he talks with her obviously alive and well.
Some days later she is dead and shipped out to Germany..But no record of it that I ever found, just a mention on an Aruban web site with No condolences from any friends or family..
Strange.

How do you know that she didn't die in Germany?  Perhaps she was there visiting her family or went there for health care.  Wouldn't condolences be sent to Germany?

PERSONA NON GRATA

Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #556 on: December 04, 2008, 03:34:49 PM »

Thanks, Caps.  Will Mos decide to keep the case open now or will he actually try to close it?
[/quote]

When a minister ( the Boss of Hans Mos ) said this, the only thing Mos can do is arrest Paul vd Sloot and
jan vd Straten and not tomorrow but today !!!
[/quote]

Shango Says: June 27th, 2005 at 9:51 pm
DirtyHand walks with the Babylons, the Arawaks and is consort to the fallen elder
The gods are talking

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #557 on: December 04, 2008, 03:36:23 PM »

Repeat of my previous post:

It was the very Rudy Croes who asked to remove Head Attorney Karen Janssen and Jan van der Straten from the case. We can all remember the day when he (Croes) returned from Brazil and introduced Commissioner Gerold Dompig as the new person in charge of the investigation.
-----snip--------

So this certainly is not the first time Rudy Croes has tried to throw Uncle Jan under the bus nor even Aunt Karin.

Nothing at all came of it before.  I therfore have to wonder if it will this time.  Tend to doubt it.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #558 on: December 04, 2008, 03:40:04 PM »

Over three three years following Rudy Croes words to the Beth Twitty regarding "who let this go wrong." ... he has figured it out.

GMAB

Janet

_______

Posted 8/22/2005 11:36 AM     Updated 8/22/2005 11:59 AM
Aruba leader acknowledges early mistakes in probe

ORANJESTAD, Aruba (AP) — Aruba's prime minister believes that authorities made mistakes at the start of the investigation of the Natalee Holloway case, a government spokesman said Monday.

Beth Holloway Twitty, who has often criticized authorities on the Dutch Caribbean island since her daughter disappeared on May 30, met in private with Prime Minister Nelson Oduber over the weekend.

"I think that he's in absolute agreement that the initial investigation has been so badly botched," Holloway Twitty said on NBC's "Today" show.

She said the prime minister also told her that Aruba needs to review the first stages of the investigation to find out "who let this go wrong."
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2005-08-22-aruba_x.htm

Police head hindered Holloway investigation
Published: Thursday 04 December 2008 10:28 UTC
Last updated: Thursday 04 December 2008 10:35 UTC

The Aruban Minister of Justice, Rudy Croes, has told the ANP news agency that the investigation into the 2005 disappearance of Natalee Holloway was severely hindered in its initial stages by the island's Dutch police commissioner. Mr Croes said former commissioner Jan van de Straten did this to help his friend Paul van der Sloot, the father of the chief suspect in the US high school graduate's disappearance.

Mr Croes also said that Mr Van de Straten appeared to have made a conscious decision not to arrest Joran van der Sloot and two other suspects until ten days after Ms Holloway disappeared, even though the first few days are crucial in such an investigation. He went on to say that Mr Van de Straten and Mr Van der Sloot conducted lengthy telephone conversations after the disappearance and that the commissioner deployed a team of second-rank officers to investigate it.

Mr Croes added that a Dutch minister had asked the Aruban authorities to conceal as much as possible the fact that Joran van der Sloot was Dutch.

http://www.radionetherlands.nl/news/international/6079658/Claims-that-police-head-hindered-Holloway-investigation

Good finds Janet!! Is Beth FINALLY going to receive some vindication??!!

Interesting they are throwing Straaten under the bus.  This could back fire on those that still have much to hide.  I can't wait to see who eats whom in this mess.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #559 on: December 04, 2008, 03:42:41 PM »

Ruth died on June 18.  Paulus said he spent most of the day on May 30 driving to and from the bank so it would have been before her death.

What I meant was that he mentioned seeing her on 5/30 in the statement of 6/23 (which was a week, give or take, after her death).  It's possible he threw the name in there, and since she was dead, no one could question whether what he had said was true....not that the bank visit was ever verified that we know of, either.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.