April 26, 2024, 06:08:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lester Cole, 22 killed 11/24/08, SUV Missing Jackson MS  (Read 10480 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: November 29, 2008, 05:08:20 PM »

This is a very sad and strange case.....

Jackson Man Killed, SUV Missing

Coroner Says No Visible Trauma To Man's Body

TheJacksonChannel.Com
updated 8:51 a.m. ET, Thurs., Nov. 27, 2008
JACKSON, Miss. - A man who was found dead inside a Jackson home was tied up and covered in tape, the man's relatives said.

Jackson police were called to 5245 Brookhollow Drive shortly after 4 p.m. Monday after someone discovered a man's body, later identified by family members as Lester Cole, 22. Police said officers are searching for Cole's car, a gold 1998 Jeep Cherokee with license plate number HRG 658.

John Lambert, Cole's uncle, told 16 WAPT that Cole was found in the vacant home where he grew up.

"This is very confusing. It's just a shock right now. He'd never been in any altercation, nothing out of the ordinary," Lambert said of Cole. "We're all at a loss. It's a puzzle for a person who was full of joy and a treasured life. We don't understand it right now."

Lambert said the family still owns the home, but it has remained vacant for two years. Lambert and his family stood outside waiting for police to tell them what happened.

Police are treating the case as a homicide but would not specify how Cole died. Hinds County Coroner Sharon Grisham Stewart said on Tuesday that there was no visible trauma on Cole's body, but she has not yet released the cause of death.

"We feel like it's somebody that knew him and is aware of the family to know to bring him back here," Lambert said. "It's very frustrating. They won't tell us anything or let us see anything."

Lambert said Cole disappeared Thursday.

"Today (Monday), we filed a missing persons report and, hours later, we found out he was tied up and taped up in the home he grew up in," Lambert said.

If you have information regarding this investigation, contact Jackson Crime Stoppers by dialing

601-355-TIPS

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27896855

Such a handsome young man, how sad.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 07:30:42 PM »

Slaying Victim's Family Waits For Answers
Lester Cole Killed 1 Year Ago

updated 5:54 p.m. ET, Mon., Nov . 23, 2009

The family of a man tied up and slain in his abandoned childhood home believe his murder case isn't moving fast enough.

They said police told them about key pieces of evidence but also said a backup at the state crime lab is keeping them from moving forward with this case.

JPD Sgt. Eric Smith wouldn't say much about the case except that it's open and ongoing. He feared any comment from the department would hurt the case.

The family said the police messed up the investigation before it even started.

The day Lester disappeared, his gold SUV was found burning outside a school around 4:30 p.m.

Lester died sometime after 5 p.m., according to the Hinds County coroner.

The family doesn't believe police ever ran the VIN number to find out who's car it was.

"We honestly believe that the individuals who have done this may have even been in our home and eaten in our home," Cole's mother, Lori Adams, said.

"I just believe somebody slacked on their job that day and because of that, we have to mourn the loss of our son," his stepfather, Devon Adams, said.

The first thing you see when you walk inside Devon and Lori Adams' home is a portrait of their son. He was missing for four days in November 2008 before Cole's uncle found him in his childhood home in South Jackson.

The family still owned the house but it had been vacant for two years.

According to police, Cole had a gash in the back of his head and duct tape was around his face when he was found.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34102479/ns/local_news-jackson_ms/

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 08:14:39 AM »

https://www.wlbt.com/story/20918644/cold-case-police-search-for-duct-tape-killer/

COLD CASE: Police search for duct tape killer

By Marsha Thompson | January 31, 2013 at 8:59 PM CST - Updated July 11 at 3:37 PM

JACKSON, MS (Mississippi News Now) - Jackson detectives will not give up on a cold case that left a 22-year-old man murdered, and few suspects to question. The file is open. Now it's time to track down a murderer.
The world of unsolved crimes can lead to closets full of file boxes with potential clues and questions, but one box holds the case of a 4-year-old cold murder investigation of a young Jackson man.
A Jeep went up in flames on a cold November night in 2008, and was discovered torched at Van Winkle Elementary in Jackson.
"They murdered [my son] and took him back to the house and took the truck and burned it," grieves the victim's father.
The homicide investigation of Lester Cole, Jr. began as a missing persons case, but two days after that missing persons report was filed, Cole's body was discovered.
Chief Hearn with the Jackson Police Department explains that Cole's body was found in a southwest Jackson home, vacant at the time, the house Cole grew up in. Hearn says he has no doubt that someone knows something about this case, but isn't talking.
"Yes, I'm sure. I'm sure. Looking at this case, I am positive that someone knows who done this," states Hearn.

By Marsha Thompson | January 31, 2013 at 8:59 PM CST - Updated July 11 at 3:37 PM

JACKSON, MS (Mississippi News Now) - Jackson detectives will not give up on a cold case that left a 22-year-old man murdered, and few suspects to question. The file is open. Now it's time to track down a murderer.
The world of unsolved crimes can lead to closets full of file boxes with potential clues and questions, but one box holds the case of a 4-year-old cold murder investigation of a young Jackson man.
A Jeep went up in flames on a cold November night in 2008, and was discovered torched at Van Winkle Elementary in Jackson.
"They murdered [my son] and took him back to the house and took the truck and burned it," grieves the victim's father.
The homicide investigation of Lester Cole, Jr. began as a missing persons case, but two days after that missing persons report was filed, Cole's body was discovered.
Chief Hearn with the Jackson Police Department explains that Cole's body was found in a southwest Jackson home, vacant at the time, the house Cole grew up in. Hearn says he has no doubt that someone knows something about this case, but isn't talking.
"Yes, I'm sure. I'm sure. Looking at this case, I am positive that someone knows who done this," states Hearn.

The Thursday Cole went missing, his father says he was with a female. While his son and the woman were together, Cole received a phone call, a call that seemingly would be his last.
"My son told her he had to go and meet somebody. He didn't say who it was," recalls Cole's father.
Chief Hearn says when Cole's body was discovered, police had little to go off of beyond what they could see at the crime scene: a black male lying on his back with his face and wrists duct taped.
Cole was found lying on the floor. Documents from the office of the Hinds County Coroner state Cole had been beaten and suffocated. But, the most troubling part of the case was that Cole's entire head and neck, even his wrists were bound in multiple layers of duct tape.
"What we are going to do is  review the case from the beginning," reveals Hearn.
Although the Jackson Police Department Major Crimes Investigation department was able to reveal some of the details of Cole's murder, authorities refused to release specific details,  information, they say, only the killer would know.
Cole's father could not hold back the tears as he revealed new clues in his son's killing. Cole had been in the company of two high school friends that day.

"His first cousin and another high school friend of his," reveals Cole's father of the last people to see the 22-year-old alive. His father is convinced his only son, knew his killers.
"It's hard; it's very hard," admits Cole's father. He says he wants the person responsible for the murder to be brought to justice and "prosecuted to the fullest."
While dust may have gathered on this cold case file over the years, a killer is roaming the streets. Investigators have ramped up their manhunt knowing full well that someone knows something.
"We are in the process of locating some other individuals that we need to talk with," says Hearn.
Hearn says he knows someone will say something, something that is so specific only the killer would know, and investigators will finally put this cold case to rest.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.