May 01, 2024, 02:32:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: James Burchett missing since mid 80's BODY FOUND Erie, PA  (Read 5445 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: December 26, 2008, 03:33:04 PM »

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!! We did not have James listed as missing, but I wanted you all to see this. UNBELIEVABLE!!

Police identify frozen body found near Erie
December 25, 2008

ERIE, Pa. — The frozen body found in the woods near Erie has been identified as a man whose family has been looking for him since the mid-1980s.

Erie County Coroner Lyell Cook says the father of 59-year-old James Burchett was notified on Christmas Eve that his son's body had been found near the northwestern Pennsylvania city.

Cook says Burchett's father, who lives in Tennessee, told police he has been looking for his son for more than 20 years. Cook says it remains unclear what Burchett was doing in Erie.

Burchett was apparently living in a dry culvert in the woods behind a Sam's Club in Summit Township. Police found a sleeping bag and clothes near where the body was found last weekend.

Cook is waiting for Burchett's body to thaw before conducting an autopsy.

http://www.fortmilltimes.com/124/story/402558.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2008, 03:33:35 PM »

Here is the report I had in my file from Dec. 22nd re: body found>
Man's frozen body found near Erie
Monday, December 22, 2008
The Associated Press
ERIE, Pa. -- The frozen body of an unidentified man has been found in the woods near Erie.

State police say the body was found in the woods in Summit Township behind a store. The man's identity was unknown. Police say he may have been a transient living in the area.

Police say the death is not considered suspicious at this time.

The Erie County Coroner's office says an autopsy will be conducted later in the week once the body has thawed.
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08357/936881-100.stm?cmpid=latest.xml

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.