April 30, 2024, 03:52:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shawn Waters 31, Missing in Florida (Merritt Island) Since 11/23/08 (Body Found)  (Read 6292 times)
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« on: November 30, 2008, 04:04:05 PM »

31 Year Old Shawn Waters Missing in Central Florida (Merritt Island) Since 11/23/08

http://missingexploited.com/2008/11/30/31-year-old-shawn-waters-missing-in-central-florida-merritt-island-since-112308/

31 year old Shawn Waters has been missing since Sunday evening, November 23, 2008 when he went fishing in a ganoe, a canoe with an outboard motor, near Merritt Island on Sunday evening. Waters’ truck was found near the entrance to the Pine Island conservation area on Merritt Island and Waters’ boat was found Monday afternoon at Manatee Cove, which is nearly a mile south of Pine Island. The Coast Guard has suspended its search for a missing Brevard County fisherman, Shawn Waters. It is reported that Waters was wearing a life jacket.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 04:56:57 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 04:05:34 PM »

TES Heads back to FL ...

Texas EquuSearch to Return to Central Florida, Merritt Island … To Search for Missing Shawn Waters

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2008/11/30/texas-equusearch-to-return-to-central-florida-merritt-island-to-search-for-missing-shawn-waters/

Texas EquuSearch is returning to the Central Florida are for a search; however, this time it is not for missing Caylee Anthony. TES is back in Florida to search for missing 31 year old Shawn Walters. Walters has been missing since Sunday, November 23, 2008 when he was last seen fishing near Merritt Island. Texas Equusearch moved in after Brevard County officials and the Coast Guard suspended their search for Shawn Waters on November 26.
NCMike
Scared Monkey

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 05:54:05 PM »

EquuSearch Calls In Sheriff's Dive Team While Search For Man
Monday, December 1, 2008 – updated: 5:36 pm EST December 1, 2008

MERRITT ISLAND, Fla. -- The sheriff's dive team has been called in to help with the search for a Merritt Island man who has been missing for more than a week. They were called after the private group EquuSearch spent the day searching the Indian River just south of Porcher Road on Merritt Island (see map).

http://www.wftv.com/news/18181567/detail.html

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 04:54:08 PM »

MERRITT ISLAND, Fla. -- The body of a missing boater was found Wednesday afternoon less than a mile from where his small boat was found capsized in Manatee Cove on Merritt Island.

Shawn Waters had been missing since Nov. 23. There were no outward signs of foul play nor signs of entanglement, according to Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission spokeswoman Joy Hill. The body was being transported to the medical examiner's office for a full autopsy, Local 6 News partner Florida Today reported.

Hill said a friend of Waters found the body about 10 feet off the shoreline in about 18 inches of water.

Waters, a 31-year-old father of three, was an avid boater and former lifeguard.

Those who had been searching for Waters included the U.S. Coast Guard, the Brevard County Sheriff's Office, Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission officers and EquuSearch -- a Texas-based search group, who has also assisted in the search for Caylee Anthony, a missing 3-year-old Orlando toddler.

Reports indicate Waters had gone out fishing and never returned.
http://www.local6.com/news/18196015/detail.html?rss=orlpn&psp=news

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2008, 10:28:54 AM »

SHAWN WATERS -MERRITT ISLAND - Jonathan "Shawn" Evan Waters, 31, of Merritt Island, died in an accident during a fishing trip Sunday, November 23, 2008, in the Indian River off the Pine Island Conservation Area. Shawn was born on November 28, 1976, in Baltimore, MD, to Debra Louise Capshaw. When he was a year old, he moved to Merritt Island, where he and his sister were raised by their maternal grandparents, Thomas and Barbara Capshaw. He graduated from Merritt Island High School in 1995. An accomplished athlete, he lettered in baseball, track, and soccer in high school. As a teenager, he was chosen to be on a select soccer team that traveled to Germany. He attended Florida Southern College in Lakeland and was a graduate of Chapman School of Seamanship in Stuart. For the past five years, he was the owner and operator of Waters Pool and Spa on Merritt Island. He is survived by his three children whom he loved dearly, Evan Thomas, 8, Lilian "Lily" Elizabeth, 6, and Ella Joy, 3, and their mother, Melody Russell, all of Cocoa; his mother, Debra Capshaw Daughtry (Grayson) of Columbia, SC; his sister, Taija Lynn Waters of Merritt Island; his maternal grandparents of Merritt Island; three aunts, Jessica Capshaw Green (Jeff), Tamara Capshaw Salmon (Peter), and Teri Capshaw (Brad Mack); five cousins, Alex Capshaw-Taylor Holms trom, Erin and Michael Capshaw-Taylor, and Carson and Sophie Capshaw-Mack; one nephew, Christian Waters and two nieces, Madison and Skylar Gurganus. A former lifeguard for Brevard County, Shawn was a talented surfer and avid fisherman who lived life to the fullest. He will be missed dearly by his family. A memorial service will be held at The First Baptist Church of Cocoa Beach, on Sunday, December 7th, at 2:00 p.m., with Ken Babington officiating. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to an education fund for Shawn's children at Kennedy Space Center Federal Credit Union. The family wishes to sincerely thank all of Shawn's friends who searched for him around the clock when he went missing.
http://www.legacy.com/floridatoday/Obituaries.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonID=120951901

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2008, 10:29:10 AM »

Another sad note to add to this story....
Shawn's friend Peter Sims has now passed away>>
Peter Sims   
PETER SIMS - PALM BAY - Peter Dewayne Sims, 29, passed away Monday, December 22, 2008.
http://www.legacy.com/FloridaToday/Obituaries.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonID=121831123

*Here is an article where Peter is mentioned as a searcher. Peter was the one who found Shawn's body.
http://www.wftv.com/centralfloridahomeroom/18181567/detail.html

One of Waters' friends has been searching on his own.

"Oh yeah, I've been everywhere. I got out of the kayak and hiked around a bit, searching everywhere," Pete Sims told Eyewitness News."

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.