March 28, 2024, 06:10:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "CaliNY" Found Dead 11/9/79 Caledonia, NY IDENTIFIED!  (Read 16825 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: December 01, 2008, 04:23:20 PM »

Imagine Being Found Dead and Never Identified

CaliNY was Found November 9, 1979 and Has Never Been Identified

Sometime in 1979 a mother, father, sister, brother, aunt, uncle or grandparent has lost their child. Police discover a once beautiful young woman in a cornfield of the south side of Route 20 in Caledonia, New York. Someone's daughter, sister, aunt or granddaughter has been found, yet not one person has has come forward to say she is missing or even identify her. Can you imagine?

Who is she? All that is known about the girl is that she is a white female between the ages of 13-19 years-old. She is estimated to have been around 5'3" and 120lbs possibly less. She has brown short hair that was frosted approximately four months before her untimely death. She also had brown eyes and some dentist work done at one time in her short life. She also had very visible tanning lines which means she did sunbath often.

When this young woman was found she was wearing a mutli colored plaid shirt, tan corduroy pants, blue knee socks, light blue underwear, white bra, ripple sole shoes, and a nylon man's windbreaker with black stripes down the arms. The brand of the jacket "Auto Sports Products, Inc." had not been a brand that was circulated in the United States in 1979. There was also a necklace that had been worn made out of silver beads. The necklace had three turquoise stones, with one of the stones resembling a bird. A locket was also on the necklace with of an inscription that reads: He who holds the key can open my heart.

According to the coroner, the young girl had been killed the night before she had been found. Cause of death was due to one gunshot wound to her back and the other to her head. Police are assuming that the young girl had been trying to get away from her kidnapper when he open fired. The gun used in the murder has been proven to be a .38 caliber revolver. Unfortunately the murder weapon has never been recovered, nor has the identity of this once beautiful young girl.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1255190/imagine_being_found_dead_and_never.html?cat=47

MAP
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=Caledonia,+New+York&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&resnum=1&ct=title
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 02:36:02 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 04:26:41 PM »

DOENETWORK page on CaliNY
Case File 1UFNY

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1ufny.html
Lots of photos here

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 08:48:01 AM »

Simone Stephanie Ridinger
Missing since September 2, 1977 from Sherborn, Middlesex County, Massachusetts.
Classification: Endangered Missing

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1255dfma.html

I do not know if the above missing person has been ruled out as being Caliny
I think the resemblance is uncanny

carolb
Scared Monkey

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 03:17:37 PM »

Wow Nut,
I agree that the match really fits.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, 07:50:29 PM »

CaliNY doe

and 2 photos of Simone Stephanie Ridinger below

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2010, 07:50:58 PM »

http://www.myspace.com/1ufny
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 07:55:44 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2010, 08:10:57 PM »

Wow Nut,
I agree that the match really fits.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2012, 06:33:17 AM »

************POST MORTEM***********************

PUBLISHED: 23:51 EST, 30 April 2012 | UPDATED: 00:59 EST, 1 May 2012

back to the 'pollen' -- was mentioned in 2006~~~

Breakthrough in cold case after three decades as police say POLLEN could be key to identifying mystery teenage girl shot twice in the head and dumped in fieldNew forensics revealed girl found in a New York field had pollen in her pants from southwest region

Teen wearing replica American Indian jewelry typically sold in New Mexico, Utah, Colorado and Arizona

Investigator Tom Dougherty, whose rural department rarely has to investigate even one homicide a year, said: 'We're not any closer to solving this crime than we were when it happened years ago, but we think this new information might help.
'We'd love to just identify the girl then maybe find her killer.'
Palynologists, or pollen experts, now have the ability to compare microscopic pollen samples to determine where the material originated.

snipped more/photos
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2137698/Pollen-key-identifying-murdered-teenage-girl-1979-New-York-State-cold-case.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2012, 06:47:20 AM »

updated rule-outs

Exclusions
The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent: First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA
Teresa Alfonso 1961 Florida
Lisa Borden 1960 Texas
Melinda Creech 1965 Indiana
Karen Kamsch 1962 Maryland
Tina Kemp 1964 Delaware
Deborah McCall 1963 Illinois
Angela Meeker 1965 Washington
Barbara Monaco 1960 Virginia
Marcia Remick 1962 Virginia
Simone Ridinger 1960 Massachusetts
Debra Spickler 1955 Connecticut
Sarah Tokier 1960 California
Belinda VanLith 1957 Minnesota
Anna Waters 1967 California
Christina White 1967 Washington
April Zane 1960 Illinois

https://identifyus.org/cases/6583

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2016, 02:30:17 PM »

http://crimefeed.com/2016/05/cold-case-killed-florida-teen-tammy-jo-alexander-30-years-ago/

May 26, 2016 by Michelle Sigona  COLD CASE
ane Doe. It’s the only name Tammy Jo Alexander had for 35 years. Investigators say Tammy Jo was only 16 years old when she was murdered and dumped in a cornfield in Caledonia on November 10, 1979. For more than three decades, Alexander’s clothes sat in limbo in evidence storage. It wasn’t until a few years ago that every single piece of clothing and other items left behind were shipped to the FBI crime lab.

Through a lengthy process, the lab finally positively identified the victim as Tammy Jo Alexander on January 26, 2015.

According to the FBI, Alexander was originally from Brookesville, Florida, and had a history of running away, even sometimes hitchhiking because she lived near a truck stop. A few years after her disappearance, according to ABC Action News, a friend of Alexander’s, Laurel Nowell, reached out to the local Florida police department to formally file a missing person’s report, the first time the local sheriff’s office said they had heard about the young woman going missing.

After Alexander’s remains were identified in 2015, her family spoke out to dispute the authorities’ claims, saying they filed an official missing person report more than 35 years ago.

“Beyond a shadow of a doubt there was a report,” Pamela Dyson, Tammy’s sister, insisted.

Dyson said she remembers police coming to the Alexander house to take items for DNA comparison, including a hairbrush. Dyson also told ABC Action News that although their home life was tough and they lived with a “volatile” mother, the Alexander family was always concerned about Tammy Jo’s whereabouts.

Dyson admits she never questioned her mom and stepfather about the status of the official report because they always spoke about their daughter, even up to the day they died.

“Maybe it is my naive status, but to me, when you file a report and over the years, you are given updates by your mother and your stepfather, you feel it is being handled and taken care of,” Dyson explained. “You have your faith in the law enforcement that they are doing their job. They will contact you when something is found out.” 

In the year since Alexander’s body was positively identified, 76 new leads were called in. Out of those leads, three people have formally turned over samples of their DNA. Livingston County Sheriff Investigator Brad Schneider said, “These are persons of interest and we’d like to know a little bit more about these people and their past.”   

You can view all of the items Tammy Jo was wearing when her body was found, along with a unique piece of jewelry and a key chain. https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/seeking-info/@@wanted-group-scroll-view?selected-uid=2be8ebf3-fb48-4d45-a891-8ba3cdd86907

If you know anything about Tammy Jo Alexander’s death, please submit your lead to the FBI directly.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2017, 02:36:36 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raM-amzcdhU

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.