April 27, 2024, 01:33:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, FL Missing since June 16-just reported by mother #68  (Read 267865 times)
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1660 on: December 05, 2008, 11:57:16 AM »

This is George but the Lee ons are at the bottom too

http://www.wftv.com/video/18205452/index.html

thanks to you and Boo for the links....much appreciated

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
txlisa
Monkey Junky

Annie-belle!

« Reply #1661 on: December 05, 2008, 11:57:46 AM »

Does anyone remember Diane Downs?  Ann Rule wrote about her shooting her kids because she wanted to be with her married lover (who didn't want kids (girls?).  The book was Small Sacrifices.

Casey reminds me of Diane, who was just a totally narcissistic beeyotch!

I remember that book.  I would love to see Ann Rule do a book about this case.

Lisa
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

Good grief! It's Charlie Brown.

« Reply #1662 on: December 05, 2008, 11:58:57 AM »

One thought of mine is that ALL children are exceptionally beautiful. Just the way they are -- without makeup and fancy dresses. And we will never know what talents Caylee may have had or what a wonderful young woman she may have become and that is perhaps the saddest thought of them all.

ok, nap time for this monkey. Listening to the Anthonys is draining.

I remember you, Caylee.
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #1663 on: December 05, 2008, 11:59:56 AM »

Hey Boo!  Thanks for the link...I was looking all over for it.  Psst....can I have some of that candy cane? 

I'll share my candy cane, but it's a bit sloppy and sticky!!! 

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1664 on: December 05, 2008, 12:07:57 PM »

Does anyone remember Diane Downs?  Ann Rule wrote about her shooting her kids because she wanted to be with her married lover (who didn't want kids (girls?).  The book was Small Sacrifices.

Lisa

I too have read this book and several by Ann Rule! I am sure there will be several books out about tis tragedy!!
ShariVari
Monkey Junky

the fairness of life!

« Reply #1665 on: December 05, 2008, 12:10:31 PM »

I posted this earlier on what I had read so far and got interrupted before I could comment or ask questions.

Since then, I have listened to George's visit with Casey, and watched it of course.  So I am repeating a few things.

1.  I am struck by the difference in George when he is alone and Cindy is not breathing down his neck or dominating the whole conversation.  He came across as very sincere and in pain in his interview with Casey.  He wants to get some things off his chest about their former troubles without going into detail because he knows it is all recorded.  She cries a lot and he seems genuinely hurt and worried.  Cindy, on the other hand, is rather stoic, concentrating on her notes and playing detective rather than getting emotional. 

2.  With George, Casey seems more "the little girl" who says "I just want to go home."  She says she prays each morning that she will get to go home.  At one point, he asks if someone has threatened the family, and she brushes that off.  Clearly she is not afraid to go home.  That is what she wants most.  He also suggests that they (meaning he and Cindy and Lee) could go into protective custody if she feared for their safety.  She also brushes that aside.  Clearly they are not in any danger, though they tried to convince the public that their own safety and Casey's was a factor. 

3.  George says "It gets harder and harder every day," but Casey always brings the subject back to herself and her needs.  Occasionally she seems to catch herself and mention Caylee but in short order, it is back to her being in jail, her wanting to go home, her wanting to be out for this or that reason.  We all know when she got out of jail and went home, she was on her computer and giving high fives to Lee as if all her problems were over. 

4.  Casey sheds real tears about being in jail.  Just wait til she gets to prison.  This is a picnic compared to what she will face then.

5.  As for Cindy, in the interview with George and her visiting, she at one point asks Casey, "Are we gonna be able to find her, do ya think?"  In other words, people are looking, but is she findable, and Casey says she does not know.

6.  Cindy begins that session by telling Casey, "We forgive you for anything you have said."  Right off the bat she just has to let Casey know that she is off the hook with them again.

7.  Most significantly, Cindy says, "Look up so I can see your eyes" and "You know I always want to see your eyes" and later "Please look up, I need to see your eyes."  It is not the first time she has said that to Casey, and clearly she said it because she thinks she can judge Casey's truthfulness by looking in her eyes.

8.  Casey warns them to stay away from Jesse because she is not sure he is trustworthy.  I think this is a message that he might repeat something he hears in their home or talk bad about them to the cops.  Casey does not want them sharing any info with Jesse, who might be helping the cops, in her opinion.

9.  Casey admits that she has not been out of town in spite of her long and detailed story about the time in Jacksonville and Tampa and the car wreck and all the other stuff.  She says, "It's all been local."

10.  Casey, imo, shows "consciousness of guilt" a couple of times.  She says, "I truly, truly love that little girl."  She is trying to convince even her parents of her love for Caylee.  "I wish that none of this would have ever happened."

11.  At one point, Cindy asks if anyone else has been in their house and Casey says she does not know but maybe---"I told you she had a key."  I suppose this refers to Zanny.  But it might refer to someone else they want to blame for something, like Amy.

12.  The talk about "Mark's psychol ex-wife Tara" is strange.  Casey had so many irons in the fire.  Ricardo, Tony, the plans to set up house with Amy, Mark, even talking to Mark's ex-wife on the phone. 

13.  The talk about the menus was confusing to me.  She says they were for her, not Caylee, because they included bagels and Cindy tells her that Caylee liked bagels and cream cheese, as if Casey did not know that.

14.  Cindy maintains this "amateur detective" focus throughout the visit.  I happen to think her amateur sleuthing and spinning is hurting Casey, not helping her.  Some of their talk seems very contrived and phony, such as the talk about the Bible and when Casey says that her only focus is Caylee.  But Casey does seem to have complete faith in Baez.  It seems she trusts him with her fate.  Guess the two have bonded.

Hudsunn

#6 on your list really stood out to me

it made me so angry that after Cindy forgave Casey for saying awful things, Casey acted all distracted because the phone was so loud, and Casey also pretended to misinterpret what Cindy was saying by responding, "don't worry mom, I didn't say anything".  Casey cannot even FAKE an APOLOGY!  To me, this makes an especially terrible liar, she doesn't even TRY to sound sincere.  Cindy purposely "forgave" Casey at the beginning of the meeting so that there would be no left-over animosity from their last meeting.  Casey gives that the brush-off and just dives into "little girl mode".  So infuriating!!!

JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE
mammy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1666 on: December 05, 2008, 12:12:19 PM »

Lisa

I too have read this book and several by Ann Rule! I am sure there will be several books out about tis tragedy!!

I sure hope no one can make money from a book deal in the name of Caylee, jmho.
Hudsunn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1667 on: December 05, 2008, 12:13:12 PM »

My comment about Caylee being an ordinary little girl--not exceptionally beautiful like JonBenet or exceptionally talented--was not meant to demean her but to counter the frequent references made by Cindy to her "magical" qualities.  ALL children have a certain magic in them, I suppose, but whether they are exceptional or not, they deserve to live and be happy.  It is as if Cindy MUST have a very special child, if you know what I mean.  I see Caylee as just like most little girls her age.  A child does not have to be beautiful or talented or extra-smart to be loved and cherished.  Caylee was wonderful the way she was.  I get a bit tired of the "Caylee is magical.  Her eyes just draw you in," routine because ALL children who go missing are special.  With JonBenet, her exquisite beauty, with or without makeup, and her ability to sing and dance contributed to the enormous interest in her case.  With Caylee, her sweetness and innocence charms us all, but the main interest in her case is the fact that her callous mother did not even report her as missing for 31 days.  None of us can imagine having our child go missing and us in the store shopping for pushup bras and tight t-shirts.  The extreme lack of respect shown for little Caylee by her own mother is the shocker that puts her on the covers of magazines.
ShariVari
Monkey Junky

the fairness of life!

« Reply #1668 on: December 05, 2008, 12:14:49 PM »

I can't wait till Casey goes to the state penitentary and gets a taste of prison "justice." 

Lisa

Can anyone clarify for me what happens to someone "high profile" like Casey should she get a prison sentence?  Can there be a decision made to put Casey apart from the other prisoners kind of like how it is for her in jail?  protective custody or whatever it's called? Does that exist in prison?

JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1669 on: December 05, 2008, 12:15:18 PM »

No rose colored glasses, I enjoyed your comments.  You are absolutely right about Casey's vehement and borderline violent reaction to the name Tara, whom she described as "Mark's psycho ex-wife."  Can you imagine a nut like Casey calling anyone a psycho?  Look in the mirror, Casey, and you will see what your own mom called a sociopath and what seems to be capable of psychotic reactions. 

I also agree that she got really mad at Caylee and my guess is that Caylee begged or cried to go back home to grandma and that set Casey off.  But it could have been anything.  Casey seems to turn from cheerful to menacing on a dime.  These tapes show a lot about her demeanor and her inability to completely disguise her spiteful tendencies.
Thank-you, George and Cindy gave into her and allowed her to do whatever because I believe they are afraid of her. I saw this with my mother's cousin, her son was in trouble constantly from a little boy on. They got him out of everything they possibly could, and would laugh at things he did, and believe me, they were not laughable incidents. He could turn on a dime, just like Casey. When I was 18, Tim, his sister, and a couple others shared a house. He would be verbally abuse to me when others would be around, when it was just the two of us, he was as nice as he could be to me. He is now dead from a drug overdose.
anothermonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1670 on: December 05, 2008, 12:19:59 PM »

Denial- turning people crazy all over the world! 
flossy
Monkey Junky

Got milk?

« Reply #1671 on: December 05, 2008, 12:20:44 PM »

I can't wait till Casey goes to the state penitentary and gets a taste of prison "justice." 

Lisa

Can anyone clarify for me what happens to someone "high profile" like Casey should she get a prison sentence?  Can there be a decision made to put Casey apart from the other prisoners kind of like how it is for her in jail?  protective custody or whatever it's called? Does that exist in prison?

I highly doubt she'll ever be in the general population.  Bummer!

If it's not one thing, it's an udder.
mammy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1672 on: December 05, 2008, 12:23:56 PM »

Lisa

We can sure hope!

Flossy, your avi makes me smile.  I love it!
mstam656
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1673 on: December 05, 2008, 12:25:00 PM »

Listening to LA & KC jailhouse calls....all that code talk..who are they trying to fool?  It is so obvious they are covering up that she killed Caylee and making sure she is never found!
flossy
Monkey Junky

Got milk?

« Reply #1674 on: December 05, 2008, 12:25:26 PM »

Lisa

We can sure hope!

Flossy, your avi makes me smile.  I love it!

Glad to hear it!  The credit goes to OldFart and Klaas!  They made me who I am today, lol!

If it's not one thing, it's an udder.
ShariVari
Monkey Junky

the fairness of life!

« Reply #1675 on: December 05, 2008, 12:25:47 PM »

Does anybody know where Lee works?  I promise if I find him, I will post the pictures!!

I remember Lee once sayin he was a  project manager near the beginning of the case.  I did a search in Orlando and I came up with a Transportation company that he worked for.  Something along the lines of arranging transportation for companies, visitors to Orlando...there were pictures of big charter buses on the site...now I am doing searches and can't find it again...

JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE
mstam656
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1676 on: December 05, 2008, 12:26:35 PM »

Lisa

Jeffrey Dahmer was eventually put in with other prisoners...he got what he deserved...we can only hope
Hudsunn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1677 on: December 05, 2008, 12:27:24 PM »

I haven't watched all of the Lee visits.  The parts about Casey being flirtacious with him are interesting to me.  I have a brother who is two years younger and I do not flirt with him or hold hands with him.  Nor does he call me "darling" which Lee did several times on the phone.d  But I realize that different families express themselves in different ways, and it does not automatically support the theory of an inappropriate relationship.  Casey's laughing and giggling and otherwise seeming giddy and girlish seem very inappropriate to me, given the situation.  If she laughs and gets all giggly when she is in jail and her daughter is missing and she is charged with the child's murder, one has to wonder what it would take to make her sober and thoughtful. 

I go back to the issue of arrested development.  Something in Casey is not right, as we all know.  There is a kind of gross immaturity and inability to not only take care of herself and her child but to accept any responsibility for her own actions.  She seems programmed to lie, to deceive, to spin elaborate yarns but not to face reality in any form.  It is bizarre.  She is a true child/woman.  She can fantasize her way out of anything, or so she thinks.  She can pretend even the harshest realities away by partying or buying a new outfit. 

She wants to pretend to be in control even while she is in jail!  This obviously comes from Cindy who tries to micro-manage everything from her own children's lives to the case to the police and FBI.  With her little notebook and pencil, she is Big Mama, spying on everyone, taking names and threatening to kick butt. 
dockitty
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1678 on: December 05, 2008, 12:33:44 PM »

Lisa

Sure would be a bummer....I want her to have a "girlfriend" 

DIG UP THAT BUSH IN ANTHONY YARD!!
ShariVari
Monkey Junky

the fairness of life!

« Reply #1679 on: December 05, 2008, 12:34:05 PM »

My comment about Caylee being an ordinary little girl--not exceptionally beautiful like JonBenet or exceptionally talented--was not meant to demean her but to counter the frequent references made by Cindy to her "magical" qualities.  ALL children have a certain magic in them, I suppose, but whether they are exceptional or not, they deserve to live and be happy.  It is as if Cindy MUST have a very special child, if you know what I mean.  I see Caylee as just like most little girls her age.  A child does not have to be beautiful or talented or extra-smart to be loved and cherished.  Caylee was wonderful the way she was.  I get a bit tired of the "Caylee is magical.  Her eyes just draw you in," routine because ALL children who go missing are special.  With JonBenet, her exquisite beauty, with or without makeup, and her ability to sing and dance contributed to the enormous interest in her case.  With Caylee, her sweetness and innocence charms us all, but the main interest in her case is the fact that her callous mother did not even report her as missing for 31 days.  None of us can imagine having our child go missing and us in the store shopping for pushup bras and tight t-shirts.  The extreme lack of respect shown for little Caylee by her own mother is the shocker that puts her on the covers of magazines.

ITA!  If Caylee was so special or magical to the Anthony's, then they should have raised her as such!  Instead they finger pointed at each other OR at people that don't even exist.  They only believe she is special and magical now because she is "worth" $225,000 and was on the cover of "People".  Those shallow things are what makes someone magical and worthwhile to the Anthonys.  So sickening.

JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.