March 28, 2024, 05:51:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #782 12/5/08 - 12/6/08  (Read 275519 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #960 on: December 06, 2008, 08:19:30 PM »

Diving question.......it's common knowledge that life jackets should be worn while boating, but what is the normal gear for skin diving as opposed to scuba diving?   Klaas, I know you lived near the water all of your life, I have no idea.

Skin diving would be likely just a swimsuit and a snorkle if in shallow water.  Scuba of course would be probably a wetsuit/mask and air tanks etc.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #961 on: December 06, 2008, 08:20:00 PM »

Diving question.......it's common knowledge that life jackets should be worn while boating, but what is the normal gear for skin diving as opposed to scuba diving?   Klaas, I know you lived near the water all of your life, I have no idea.
A life jacket would not allow you to dive very easily!! You would keep floating to the surface!

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #962 on: December 06, 2008, 08:21:01 PM »

do you have more pics Blonde or Klaas ?
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4145.new#new

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #963 on: December 06, 2008, 08:23:47 PM »

A life jacket would not allow you to dive very easily!! You would keep floating to the surface!

That is the point I was getting to.   I am not a good swimmer, so diving isn't top on my list.  I did think wet suit, and that's why I asked.  All of the video/still shots we've seen seem to show anyone on the deck of the Persistence with a life jacket.  The ALE getting on their little boat had regular clothes with life jackets.  We've never seen any of them suited up for a dive....or do I have to go back and rewatch the video???
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 08:25:18 PM by 2NJSons_Mom » Logged

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #964 on: December 06, 2008, 08:26:04 PM »

Our football game is on Wreck.

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #965 on: December 06, 2008, 08:26:43 PM »

So if each section is 30" then is the diagonal of each section approx 42"?  I measured from my head down to my upper thigh and it was approx 36", I am 5' 0" tall.  So it's possible.

Klaas - you're really short!

I'm 5'1/2"

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #966 on: December 06, 2008, 08:28:10 PM »

Skin diving would be likely just a swimsuit and a snorkle if in shallow water.  Scuba of course would be probably a wetsuit/mask and air tanks etc.

Snorkling/Skin Dive

Scuba

SS
Monkey Junky

« Reply #967 on: December 06, 2008, 08:28:11 PM »

That is the point I was getting to.   I am not a good swimmer, so diving isn't top on my list.  I did think wet suit, and that's why I asked.  All of the video/still shots we've seen seem to show anyone on the deck of the Persistence with a life jacket.  The ALE getting on their little boat had regular clothes with life jackets.  We've never seen any of them suited up for a dive....or do I have to go back and rewatch the video???

2NJ - I don't think we have any pictures of the Aruban divers suited up while they were on the surface.  I don't know how we could tell from the ROV pictures who the divers were because they all look alike with the wet suits, tanks, and masks.
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #968 on: December 06, 2008, 08:29:50 PM »

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #969 on: December 06, 2008, 08:31:11 PM »

Caps is a diver? ....is he a Mansur?

That trap is just sitting at the bottom of the ocean, hey FBI, go get it. Borrow it....no, TAKE it.
Its so frustrating feeling, yet again, like something is about to happen yet trying to stay calm becuz these things always lead to nothingness.

Hey Kermit, when will you be telling the additional info?

No, Caps is not a Mansur.  Shoot, Valentine van der Sloot is Scuba certified.  It is an island and I imagine many are scuba certified 

I wonder if Julia dives.  She, from memory, was into water sports.  Maybe she could get an exclusive?  Maybe she'd even be on the cover of Diario?   

I'm affraid she's so dried up and pruny that if she got into the water now she'd blow up like a balloon. 

There would be no water left in the ocean.

Who needs Persistence?  

That's better than Bounty - "the quicker picker upper".

Calgon take me away...

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #970 on: December 06, 2008, 08:31:24 PM »

Who wants to do the thread change?  I will if nobody else wants too 
Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #971 on: December 06, 2008, 08:32:41 PM »

Caps is a diver? ....is he a Mansur?

That trap is just sitting at the bottom of the ocean, hey FBI, go get it. Borrow it....no, TAKE it.
Its so frustrating feeling, yet again, like something is about to happen yet trying to stay calm becuz these things always lead to nothingness.

Hey Kermit, when will you be telling the additional info?

No, Caps is not a Mansur.  Shoot, Valentine van der Sloot is Scuba certified.  It is an island and I imagine many are scuba certified 

I wonder if Julia dives.  She, from memory, was into water sports.  Maybe she could get an exclusive?  Maybe she'd even be on the cover of Diario?   

Too Funny.  We could suggest she wear a yellow stretchy scuba suit - maybe Jossy would provide it for her.  HeeHee  That'd be one good way to keep the tourists at bay   
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #972 on: December 06, 2008, 08:33:18 PM »

Our football game is on Wreck.

Stay on topic, please.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #973 on: December 06, 2008, 08:34:28 PM »

Although we see divers on the Persistence in full gear,
I do not think it is necessary in the warm waters of
Aruba.  It is entirely possible to dive with just tanks,
a mask and swim suit....with a weight belt.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #974 on: December 06, 2008, 08:35:01 PM »

Who wants to do the thread change?  I will if nobody else wants too 

I'm not ready....not prepared!!!

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #975 on: December 06, 2008, 08:36:05 PM »

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #976 on: December 06, 2008, 08:36:10 PM »

Guess that's what I'm missing....where is the full gear??  I only saw men with life jackets on. 

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #977 on: December 06, 2008, 08:37:13 PM »

Divers and snorkelers can both wear lycra suites or wetsuits not only for warmth,  (it gets cooler as you go deeper) but also to protect their skin from jellyfish and coral.  Wet suits can be a pain because of their increased buoyancy.      I have a diver certificate, but haven't been in a couple of years. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #978 on: December 06, 2008, 08:38:03 PM »

OK, thanks texasmom.....I see one wet suit & one Trahan without shirt....LOL

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #979 on: December 06, 2008, 08:38:39 PM »

You are right Magnolia.  When we were there we took a boat from the Holiday Inn pier to the semi submerged sub (close to the cage, i understand ) and the trip took about 20 to 25 minutes by a not very fast boat that was very flat and wide. While we were there divers were in the area of the ship, and they were just wearing swim suits and tanks and a weight belt.  I have no idea how deep they went, but they were visible at 30 feet deep.  If they went to 90 feet, i am assuming it was much colder. 

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.