April 24, 2024, 10:54:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, FL Missing since June 16-just reported by mother #69  (Read 280216 times)
anothermonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1640 on: December 08, 2008, 02:17:29 PM »

Mio -- wow that is interesting. I do believe in "signs." So, the billboard read "Sawgrass" when you were there? Creepy. I left her at Sawgrass. 

It's red. It's a big red sign. Wasn't someone's psychic sister talking about a big red sign? Someone should go search there.

Denial- turning people crazy all over the world! 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1641 on: December 08, 2008, 02:18:47 PM »

Hello, New member usually I just read all the news that comes Here and Everyone here is great!

I decided to register so I can jump in from time to time (when my kids arent using MY PC...lol)....makes it hard to keep up sometimes but because of all of you and this site it makes following this case alot easier 
Welcome, your pup is a real cutie.
numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1642 on: December 08, 2008, 02:19:17 PM »

Bearly - Mini Mimi 

Wyks - I am 33 and I know better than to talk to my parents that way.    And in my younger days, let's just say my behind would have been stinging if I did. I still would never dream of it.

Seems many have forgotten their role as parents. My philosophy: Someday this child will be set free on the world. Better make sure she is a good person.

Don't even get me started on manners. So many adults don't have them. No surprise their kids don't either.

Goodanmad, you're only 33!!?? WELL THAT JUST TEARS IT!!! You are only 3 years older than my daughter!! Isn't there anybody out there pushing 50 for cripes sake!!?? 
I feel like I should be drinking metamucil & wearing crocheted house slippers! I need to get my mail out of the box; what'd i do with my cane!!?? I'm having a bad day!!!!    

Little Monken...I'm scooting my 49 year old butt down the branch to make room for you.  You are the cutest, funniest monkey in the cage!  There will be no talk of laxatives and ugly slippers.  I will make you a strawberry margarita (for fiber) and get you a pair of black satin mules...we will party like pirates on our "almost 50" limb!     
txlisa
Monkey Junky

Annie-belle!

« Reply #1643 on: December 08, 2008, 02:19:36 PM »

Mio -- wow that is interesting. I do believe in "signs." So, the billboard read "Sawgrass" when you were there? Creepy. I left her at Sawgrass. 

It's red. It's a big red sign. Wasn't someone's psychic sister talking about a big red sign? Someone should go search there.

Yes, it was MaryMary's sister.  She mentioned seeing a red sign.

Lisa
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1644 on: December 08, 2008, 02:20:20 PM »

Welcom to the cage FormerFlGirl. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
N2WISHN
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1645 on: December 08, 2008, 02:21:31 PM »

If JB needs more time before trial to prepare, when does he have to put in the motion for a continuance?  Will that happen at the pre trial on Wednesday?

Last nite on Geraldo JB said he should know by pre trial on the 11th if he will be ready for trial. Expect will ask for delay at that time if he needs one.
anothermonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1646 on: December 08, 2008, 02:23:18 PM »

As you know, my son has autism also.  He is now 15.  There is a light at the end of the tunnel and it is not a train speeding at you.  Anytime you want to talk, I am here for you.

I really appreciate that, Bearly.  I'm a wreck just trying to plan for my kiddo's first year of kindergarten! 

Denial- turning people crazy all over the world! 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1647 on: December 08, 2008, 02:23:47 PM »

Hello, New member usually I just read all the news that comes Here and Everyone here is great!

I decided to register so I can jump in from time to time (when my kids arent using MY PC...lol)....makes it hard to keep up sometimes but because of all of you and this site it makes following this case alot easier 

Welcome FFG 
Tevye
Monkey Junky

Burn, baby, burn...'Ol Sparky is waiting for you!

« Reply #1648 on: December 08, 2008, 02:25:30 PM »

Bearly - Mini Mimi 

Wyks - I am 33 and I know better than to talk to my parents that way.    And in my younger days, let's just say my behind would have been stinging if I did. I still would never dream of it.

Seems many have forgotten their role as parents. My philosophy: Someday this child will be set free on the world. Better make sure she is a good person.

Don't even get me started on manners. So many adults don't have them. No surprise their kids don't either.

Goodanmad, you're only 33!!?? WELL THAT JUST TEARS IT!!! You are only 3 years older than my daughter!! Isn't there anybody out there pushing 50 for cripes sake!!?? 
I feel like I should be drinking metamucil & wearing crocheted house slippers! I need to get my mail out of the box; what'd i do with my cane!!?? I'm having a bad day!!!!    

Ahem! metamucil??? I'm over that magic age...and the only metamucil  I know is what my MIL likes to OD on! I went back to college this fall for another degree. I personally teach all my grandkids how to climb trees, and race with remote control cars. Due to osteoporosis, I can't shovel the 3 feet of snow off our roofs, and I'm not happy about that. but I still do cartwheels in the front yard!! Use it, abuse it, and don't lose it, that's my motto!

So, repeat after me: Middle age begins at 70. Middle age begins at 70.....there, now doesn't that feel better?

Remember Ladies, get the damm mamm!     Thanks, Brandi!
Fuzzball
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1649 on: December 08, 2008, 02:25:52 PM »

Exactly. But the people who are attending the funeral won't be dead.  People who are burying their wife/mother/child/husband really shouldn't have to cope with children's needs at the same time.  It's jarring to have children fighting, crying, stealing the flowers off the grave, laughing and playing chase during the service...etc.  and I have seen all of these things happen at funerals. A child's main reaction to a funeral is, "I'm bored, can we go home now?" The secondary reaction is to see if the guy in the coffin is really dead or just faking.

Funerals are for the people mourning. And it's a very rare child under 10 who actually mourns or even particularly cares that someone's dead, unless it's their parent or sibling. They don't need to be at the funeral, and I mean that very literally--they don't have the need inside them, to sit in a room with other people who knew the deceased, listen to a lot of talk, cry, talk some more, reflect on the deceased's life, etc...a child just doesn't get the same thing out of a memorial service, or a long reception, or a viewing, that adults do.

It's not like a birthday party or a wedding, where children can play and enjoy themselves, and lend kind of a festive atmostphere. Even upbeat funerals that "celebrate the life" of the deceased, are pretty solemn occasions, where adults cry and where it's about bereaved peoples' feelings, not about making sure everyone accommodates your child.  I know it's not popular to feel that children don't need to be included in absolutely every single facet of everybody's life no matter what.  But there are some places kids don't need to be. 

At my dad's memorial, my young cousin's son (who was maybe a year old?) was bored off his keester. He ran up and down the isle, repeatedly hit his head on the ground, etc..  Did his mom come get him? Well, she didn't seem to care less, but it bothered other people.  They come to listen to whoever was speaking, etc... not get distracted by kids run amuck.

My son likes to repeat things over and over and over.. it's one of his "quirks" as I call it.  This means him saying on an almost daily basis "your dad died. your dad is dead. he died."   And I have to think to myself "Why sure, son. Let's twist the knife a little deeper into mommy's heart, why don't you?" (Knowing full well that he can't help it- that's just who he is and what he does).  My dad died 4 years ago, and it still  hurts. Can you imagine a child like mine saying these things loudly at a funeral? Right after the person has died? I don't think most people would care for this- it would be upsetting, IMO.  Or what if I brought him to a hospital, and he said "That person is dying. Are they dead yet?"  (Even if the person wasn't that ill?)    I mean, come on. LOL  It doesn't do anybody any good to hear things like that, so I keep my child removed from that situation to avoid other people being uncomfortable, or upset. 

We don't need to cater to our kids that much, that we need to allow them to scream and act like monkeys to their heart's content where and whenever they feel like it.  IMO, there is a time and a place for everything.

Funerals are not a place for very small children, true. However, many young couples have no other choice... they either don't know a babysitter, or can't afford one. It is my opinion that parents should begin teaching their children at a very young age the proper way to behave at ANY service, be it a wedding, a funeral, or something else. By six years old, they should be well taught enough that they would not be disruptive no matter where you took them. My husband and I took our son with us wherever we went most of the time... the few times we did leave him with someone, it was one of the grandmothers or an aunt. Kids have to learn to behave when out in public, and it's up to the parents to teach them. And even a 1-yr old can be controlled... I fault the mother for allowing that kind of behavior.
My son was allowed in the main sanctuary at church by the time he was a year old... and we never had a problem with him. If he fidgeted, he was given something to distract him. If he talked out loud, he was gently reminded to be quiet. About the most disruptive thing he ever did was to kneel facing backwards and smile or make faces at the teenagers sitting on the back two pews... which usually resulted in them being disruptive for giggling. But the point is... the only way a child will learn how to behave is to allow him/her to attend such things... and to show him by example. If he/she never has to go to a funeral until age 10... there is no guarantee that he will know how to behave, even then. And btw, I have seen 12-yr olds act worse than babies, simply because they were never exposed to these things when they were younger.

I doubt it's because they weren't exposed at younger ages.  It's more that they've just never had to control themselves.

Children don't learn manners out in public, they learn them at home and at school. Maybe the weekly church service is "good practice" for kids, but FTLOG don't drag your child to a once-in-a-lifetime event because they "need to be exposed" to it, or be angry for other adults for not wanting the kid there.

What a child learns from making faces and getting teens to giggle during the church service, is that 1) it's okay and cute and funny to be disruptive, 2) being the center of attention is fun, and 3) if you disrupt and distract others from what they should be doing, those people will be blamed, not you.  They won't learn manners that way.

Case in point: I never set foot in a restaurant (other than "family" restaurants,) until I was on my first date. And yet I knew how to behave. We were never included when Mom & Dad went out. That was their time, and we stayed home with a teenager from church they hired very cheaply. We learned manners at the table at home. And we learned how to behave in public, gradually, at church, at school, and on informal outings, at occasions where being kids wouldn't mess things up for everybody else. My parents had the good sense not to drag us to funerals, philharmonic concerts, weddings, etc...until we were old enough to say we wanted to go. If they couldn't get a sitter, they stayed home.

And yet none of us ever had an incident at a wedding, funeral, or concert, where we behaved inappropriately. We knew how to behave, perhaps precisely because we weren't exposed to these things young, and so we treated them as special. We knew we weren't there to be the center of attention or disrupt things.

My nephew, otoh, was taken to restaurants from the time he could be bundled into a car seat, and just included in everything as a matter of course. Yet at the same age that I went on my first date, dressed up and with my best manners on, he was shooting straws at other patrons, crawling under our table, going up to other diners and pestering them, stealing tips from neighboring tables that hadn't been bussed yet, etc....he didn't learn manners until he was 19.

We made the mistake of including him in our wedding by making him the ring-bearer, when he was 9 or 10. He threw the rings in the fountain, carried the flower girl (age 3) all over the place over her objections, and threw himself on the floor during our "first dance" at the reception, shining a flashlight up my wedding dress and lying on the petticoat so hard he pulled it right off of me. Everything had always been about him, and he didn't see why the wedding should be any exception. He also entertained the guests by turning the lights on and off and playing with the fuse box during dinner. My sister was oblivious to any of this. It didn't happen as far as she was concerned.

My point is that mere "exposure" doesn't teach a child manners.  If they're not learning it at home, they're not going to learn it by going out. And if they are learning it at home, they'll know what to do, when they go out, even if they don't go anywhere til they're 25.
Garden Gnome
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1650 on: December 08, 2008, 02:29:38 PM »

Bearly - Mini Mimi 

Ahem! metamucil??? I'm over that magic age...and the only metamucil  I know is what my MIL likes to OD on! I went back to college this fall for another degree. I personally teach all my grandkids how to climb trees, and race with remote control cars. Due to osteoporosis, I can't shovel the 3 feet of snow off our roofs, and I'm not happy about that. but I still do cartwheels in the front yard!! Use it, abuse it, and don't lose it, that's my motto!

So, repeat after me: Middle age begins at 70. Middle age begins at 70.....there, now doesn't that feel better?

Yah!!!!! I am NOT middle aged!

I worked this morning so missed the first airings on Trutv but Jack Ford is talking about it now.  Showing the jailhouse visit video where Cindy asks Casey to look into her eyes.  Lawyer saying that he thinks G & C know she did it. 

Every now and then soft as breath upon my skin, I feel you come back again....and I believe.
N2WISHN
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1651 on: December 08, 2008, 02:32:09 PM »

They're reviewing the jail videos on trutv and it is so disturbing to me how KC will not look at CA or GA. She keeps looking down at her monitor. She even makes excuses to them why she can't look at the camera so that they can really see her.  The panel describes the tapes as being surreal and say it appears the parents are aware of her guilt at having done something to Caylee.
FormerFLGirl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1652 on: December 08, 2008, 02:32:46 PM »

Thanks all for the warm welcome.

I grew up in that area (orange county FL) (orlando area) and spent Many Many hours back in the woods throughout central FL (with my bro and friends mudding and partying)so when I read about the case my first thoughts were DANG I hope we dont have to look for her in those woods...My first thoughts were FIRE ANTS they are horrible they strip almost anything dead to the bone and fast. Second thought were the gators!

Growing up in FL you tend to meet plenty of crazies like the A's. It was getting way to dangerous down there so once I started a family I left for NC and I am glad I did.

My husband had nejames as a lawyer back in 1991 he wasnt as locally known as he now seems to be...lol but he did a good job for my hubby Very Happy
we still laugh when we see him on tv though.

I've been following from day one and to me - Casey doesnt seem too bright and the only thing she is good at is lying...so it seems to me as someone has had to help her  to some degree.
Stacey
Monkey Junky Jr.

Clarence 1995-2011

« Reply #1653 on: December 08, 2008, 02:34:15 PM »

Good morning sweet saucy one!  Who is the baby in your avatar?

She is Ella,my heart and soul.....Good morning to you.

Is she your child?  How old? 
I was married once, really young, I have a son who also married very young, Ella is my grandbaby.

WHAT!!! I thought that was your baby! If that's you in that pic I have to say I hate you   

WOW you are the best lookin Granny I've ever seen.
I thought the little one was your's
You look like you are in your 20"s
I can only wish for that LOL

I just bought a pair of fuzzy slippers this weekend
with little poka dot things on the bottom so I don't slip 
Tried to get DD to get a pair and she wanted nothing to do with them
LOL

Monkey hugs

"Always be a first-rate version of yurself, instead of a second rate version of somebody else" Judy Garland
Tevye
Monkey Junky

Burn, baby, burn...'Ol Sparky is waiting for you!

« Reply #1654 on: December 08, 2008, 02:35:05 PM »

Thanks all for the warm welcome.

I grew up in that area (orange county FL) (orlando area) and spent Many Many hours back in the woods throughout central FL (with my bro and friends mudding and partying)so when I read about the case my first thoughts were DANG I hope we dont have to look for her in those woods...My first thoughts were FIRE ANTS they are horrible they strip almost anything dead to the bone and fast. Second thought were the gators!

Growing up in FL you tend to meet plenty of crazies like the A's. It was getting way to dangerous down there so once I started a family I left for NC and I am glad I did.

My husband had nejames as a lawyer back in 1991 he wasnt as locally known as he now seems to be...lol but he did a good job for my hubby Very Happy
we still laugh when we see him on tv though.

I've been following from day one and to me - Casey doesnt seem too bright and the only thing she is good at is lying...so it seems to me as someone has had to help her  to some degree.

Now, Former, do you really mean Day 1, or do you mean from Day 31? do you do Anthony math?

Remember Ladies, get the damm mamm!     Thanks, Brandi!
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1655 on: December 08, 2008, 02:36:43 PM »

They're reviewing the jail videos on trutv and it is so disturbing to me how KC will not look at CA or GA. She keeps looking down at her monitor. She even makes excuses to them why she can't look at the camera so that they can really see her.  The panel describes the tapes as being surreal and say it appears the parents are aware of her guilt at having done something to Caylee.

As a parent ..when you ask your child to look in to your eyes you know the truth without a word being spoken.If you know your child you can see into their soul.
Casey is full of ****. She isn't fooling her parents.they know what she is capable of. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
FormerFLGirl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1656 on: December 08, 2008, 02:37:35 PM »

Well I was in the county and the schools were something else...lol.....

Yeap I am absolutely sure it was day one...I remember it was warm here..

JOLfan
Scared Monkey

Proud sister of a United States Marine.

« Reply #1657 on: December 08, 2008, 02:37:36 PM »

Here in Connecticut a 90 year old man ran a 5K race this weekend and finished in 45 minutes and 49 seconds!   
http://www.connpost.com/news/ci_11163809?source=rss&extpar=ctpst

Klaas...sorry for the O/T

Everybody's got something to hide...except for me and my monkey
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1658 on: December 08, 2008, 02:38:40 PM »

Bearly - Mini Mimi 

Little Monken...I'm scooting my 49 year old butt down the branch to make room for you.  You are the cutest, funniest monkey in the cage!  There will be no talk of laxatives and ugly slippers.  I will make you a strawberry margarita (for fiber) and get you a pair of black satin mules...we will party like pirates on our "almost 50" limb!     

Hey, Thanks, numbers!! And wyks! 

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1659 on: December 08, 2008, 02:39:01 PM »

Good morning sweet saucy one!  Who is the baby in your avatar?

She is Ella,my heart and soul.....Good morning to you.

Is she your child?  How old? 
I was married once, really young, I have a son who also married very young, Ella is my grandbaby.

WHAT!!! I thought that was your baby! If that's you in that pic I have to say I hate you   

WOW you are the best lookin Granny I've ever seen.
I thought the little one was your's
You look like you are in your 20"s
I can only wish for that LOL

I just bought a pair of fuzzy slippers this weekend
with little poka dot things on the bottom so I don't slip 
Tried to get DD to get a pair and she wanted nothing to do with them
LOL

Monkey hugs

Hey,No skid is where it's at! 

~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.