April 26, 2024, 03:24:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, FL Missing since June 16-just reported by mother #69  (Read 280381 times)
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #200 on: December 06, 2008, 01:04:06 AM »

Hi Monkeys, anything new!!  Been so busy all day!!

Yep!  I have a brand new baby grandson .. 6 lbs 18 inches ... Cayden Michael ... he is perfect!  (If I must say so myself!)

Awww congrats!  I have a 2 yr old grandson with a similiar name - Kaiden.   

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
PJ
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #201 on: December 06, 2008, 01:04:54 AM »

Hello PJ.......are you here?.......hope you have caught up with us by now....

Hi HH,

Yes, I'm here but only for another minute or two.  Have lab in the morning.  
Thank you for the explanation as to why no "DP" on the table.  I have to say though that it scares me about being difficult for a jury to comprehend.  If only all jurists were Monkeys.  I'm scared now that I read your post that she will be another OJ (referencing his first trial).

PJ flower

Not all of us have to possess earthshaking talent. Just common sense and love will do. <br />- Myrtle Auvil
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #202 on: December 06, 2008, 01:06:35 AM »

Yep!  I have a brand new baby grandson .. 6 lbs 18 inches ... Cayden Michael ... he is perfect!  (If I must say so myself!)

Congratulations invision!

I was going to say that it does not get any better but ... believe me ... it does.

Hugs

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #203 on: December 06, 2008, 01:06:50 AM »

Hi HH,

Thank you for the explanation as to why no "DP" on the table.  I have to say though that it scares me about being difficult for a jury to comprehend.  If only all jurists were Monkeys.  I'm scared now that I read your post that she will be another OJ (referencing his first trial).

PJ flower
Oh God.....I have to keep the faith that that wont be a possibility, I couldnt stand that......you have mail also....and thanks for the kind words about my daughter...

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
invision
Monkey Junky

« Reply #204 on: December 06, 2008, 01:08:18 AM »

Hi HH,

PJ flower

Here PJ ... This may help explain it also ... I don't know if it will make you feel better or worse about the situation though ... LOL

It has to do with the thinking of the jurors. Jurors might be reluctant to convict Casey if they know they'll have to consider a death sentence even though no body has been found in the case.

"Now that they do not have that burden of deciding whether a life or death sentence should be imposed, it would be easier for them to accept the circumstantial evidence and find her guilty of first-degree murder," explained WFTV legal analyst William Sheaffer.

http://www.wftv.com/news/18213616/detail.html

I will no longer support lies and "mistruths", nor make excuses for people that do ... If I do, I am no better than Cindy Anthony .... I will continue to fight for the TRUTH for Caylee Marie ...
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #205 on: December 06, 2008, 01:11:24 AM »

OK mytime ... where is Duckie.

I check the Natalee Holloway room of the cage ... I check the Monkey's Lounge ... I check the Musings room ...

Oh.  I see him.  He must have been slipped into the Caylee Marie room when I was in the Natalee Holloway room.  I guess he misses you all.  Hey ... I miss you all.

GOOD NIGHT MONKEYS!!!  GOOD NIGHT ZOO GEEPERS!!!

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #206 on: December 06, 2008, 01:12:28 AM »

I check the Natalee Holloway room of the cage ... I check the Monkey's Lounge ... I check the Musings room ...

Oh.  I see him.  He must have been slipped into the Caylee Marie room when I was in the Natalee Holloway room.  I guess he misses you all.  Hey ... I miss you all.

Janet

Good Night Janet........and Duckie.

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
mammy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #207 on: December 06, 2008, 01:13:03 AM »

Janet

Goodnight Janet!
PJ
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #208 on: December 06, 2008, 01:14:02 AM »

Hi HH,

PJ flower
Oh God.....I have to keep the faith that that wont be a possibility, I couldnt stand that......you have mail also....and thanks for the kind words about my daughter...

I'm off then to check my mail and head to bed.  Your daughter is a doll and I can hardly wait for NEXT season!!!!
I just wish I could be less stressed about the outcome of the trial, but this family is so ODD.  Then I was NOT happy with the Anthony response to the DP being off the table either.

PJ flower

Not all of us have to possess earthshaking talent. Just common sense and love will do. <br />- Myrtle Auvil
mammy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #209 on: December 06, 2008, 01:15:50 AM »

Goodnight PJ!

The A's aren't your run of the mill family, that's for sure.
invision
Monkey Junky

« Reply #210 on: December 06, 2008, 01:16:43 AM »

Congratulations invision!

I was going to say that it does not get any better but ... believe me ... it does.

Hugs

Janet

Thanks all for the congrats ...

You know Janet ... My granddaughter Avelina is now 4.  I can't even begin to tell you the depth of my love that I have for her ... Today that amount of love has just doubled!

Isn't love great ... We can always make more when we need to ... we never run out!   

In this respect, and in this respect ONLY ... my heart breaks for Cindy ...

I am continuing to pray for you and your family .... just as happy as I am for me and mine ... my heart is equally as heavy for you and yours ... Thank you for your unselfish blessings!  You are a good person ...

I will no longer support lies and "mistruths", nor make excuses for people that do ... If I do, I am no better than Cindy Anthony .... I will continue to fight for the TRUTH for Caylee Marie ...
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #211 on: December 06, 2008, 01:16:58 AM »

Hi HH,

PJ flower

I'm off then to check my mail and head to bed.  Your daughter is a doll and I can hardly wait for NEXT season!!!!
I just wish I could be less stressed about the outcome of the trial, but this family is so ODD.  Then I was NOT happy with the Anthony response to the DP being off the table either.

PJ flower

Im sure all will come out for the best!!!!!!!!!!Also you never know,,,,,you might get a ticket to join us.........Have a nice night and good luck tomorrow....

PJ
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #212 on: December 06, 2008, 01:18:26 AM »

Hi HH,

PJ flower

Here PJ ... This may help explain it also ... I don't know if it will make you feel better or worse about the situation though ... LOL

It has to do with the thinking of the jurors. Jurors might be reluctant to convict Casey if they know they'll have to consider a death sentence even though no body has been found in the case.

"Now that they do not have that burden of deciding whether a life or death sentence should be imposed, it would be easier for them to accept the circumstantial evidence and find her guilty of first-degree murder," explained WFTV legal analyst William Sheaffer.

http://www.wftv.com/news/18213616/detail.html

Please forgive if the quote stack is to long !
That does make sense of course but with the A's having from now until the trial to keep harping about a "live Caylee", I just get nervous.  If the jurors knew what death smelled like (I don't) then the tapes of the A's would carry more weight (I think).

PJ flower

PJ
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #213 on: December 06, 2008, 01:19:45 AM »

Good Night Janet.  Sleep Peacefully!

PJ flower

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #214 on: December 06, 2008, 01:23:37 AM »

Well ... consider LE is not conducted any official searches as part of the investigative process ... I assume that the DP will never be an issue.

I guess the forensic report results are inconclusive that Caylee Marie's remains were in the trunk of Casey's vehicle which implies "circumstantial" evidence.

Janet

++++++++++

State Not Seeking Death Penalty For Casey Anthony
Friday, December 5, 2008 – updated: 6:05 pm EST December 5, 2008

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- The State Attorney's Office announced late Friday that they will not be seeking the death penalty for murder charges 22-year-old Casey Anthony is facing in the death of her daughter.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DOCUMENTS: Court Order | Press Release
VIDEO REPORT: Casey Avoids Death Penalty Threat
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In a release about the decision, the State Attorney's Office wrote: "This afternoon, after consideration of the law and unique facts applicable to the above case, the State filed its notice that it is not in the best interest of the people of the State of Florida to pursue the death penalty as a potential sentence. Therefore, the State of Florida will not be seeking the death penalty against defendant Casey Anthony."

Eyewitness News previously reported it was unlikely that prosecutors would seek the death penalty against Casey without having found Caylee's body.

On Wednesday, the defense filed a motion asking prosecutors what legal reasons, called "aggravating circumstances," under the law they would use to argue Casey deserves the death penalty. Possible reasons would be that the murder was cold, calculated and premeditated, that the victim was younger than 12 and that the victim was in the custody of the defendant, therefore more vulnerable.

If something were to change, for instance if Caylee's body were to be found before the case goes to trial, prosecutors could change their minds and decide to go for the death penalty.

Casey is facing several charges in connection with the disappearance and suspected murder of her daughter, Caylee. The charges include first-degree murder, aggravated child abuse, aggravated manslaughter and providing false information to a law enforcement officer.

_____

invision
Monkey Junky

« Reply #215 on: December 06, 2008, 01:26:45 AM »

PJ sez

That does make sense of course but with the A's having from now until the trial to keep harping about a "live Caylee", I just get nervous.  If the jurors knew what death smelled like (I don't) then the tapes of the A's would carry more weight (I think).

PJ

Well they have from now until trial to prove at least one CREDIBLE "tip" on a "live Caylee" ... so far there hasn't been any ... doesn't look good for them!

As far as "smelling death" .. I don't think that carries as nearly much weight as the DNA and Body Farm Air Samples stating scientifically that there WAS death ... (in the trunk)

Keep that in mind ... 

da sparkenator
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #216 on: December 06, 2008, 01:26:50 AM »

Oh my goodness, I finally listened to most of the new videos of the jail visits, and I can honestly say I feel brain dead.  Like ABSOLUTELY!

I noted a few things:

1.  What's with Case Face being so "Perky" (or flirtatious) when she talks to her brother.  That left a bad taste in my mouth!  Reminds me of some kind of incestuaous version of Bonnie and Clyde!

2.  When Sindy asked Case Face to look directly at her, to see her eyes, and Case Face burst out crying I thought that was Casey's way of avoiding looking directly at her mother.  She knows her mother can read her!

3.  Case Face is a really artful lier, I could fall for some of the stuff she said myself.  For instance, it really gave me pause when she said that she never saw a picture or line up or was given an opportunity to help make a sketch of Zenaida. 

4.  On the other hand, as to #3 above, and some other times like when she talked about Hawkin's ex wife, I think I saw some examples of just how angry/evil she can get.

As to the decision not to seek the death penalty, yea I must admit I am worried she isn't even going to get life.  BUT, it's going to be a lot easier to get a jurors to vote life than death because even if they find Caylee, the body will be in such a state that the method of death will be down right impossible to be determined.

Gee, like most of us I follow all the true crime stuff and I believe like most of us that there is no such thing as a perfect crime.  After all, she isn't a professional criminal.  It rocks my belief system that all you need is a 31 day headstart and the ability to pathologically lie!  That's hard to accept . . . and I hope there is some evidence that we aren't aware of to tip things in the direction of finding Casey guilty. 

On a general note, I have enjoyed your company in the short time I have been a Monkey.  This really is a wonderful forum and you all have different things to bring to the table so to speak:  backgrounds in nursing/science/law, graphics capabilities that make reading the board delightfully pleasing to the eyes (Brandi I really admire your talents).  Most of all I love your senses of humor.

Have a great evening, I will go back to admiring and lurking!

Karen

What day is it?  How long have I been here?
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #217 on: December 06, 2008, 01:27:56 AM »

Janet

Goodnight Janet - Goodnight my little friend Duckie!  And Yes Duckie, we will try again tomorrow!!  XOX
mammy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #218 on: December 06, 2008, 01:28:16 AM »

PJ sez

That does make sense of course but with the A's having from now until the trial to keep harping about a "live Caylee", I just get nervous.  If the jurors knew what death smelled like (I don't) then the tapes of the A's would carry more weight (I think).

PJ

Well they have from now until trial to prove at least one CREDIBLE "tip" on a "live Caylee" ... so far there hasn't been any ... doesn't look good for them!

As far as "smelling death" .. I don't think that carries as nearly much weight as the DNA and Body Farm Air Samples stating scientifically that there WAS death ... (in the trunk)

Keep that in mind ... 

It would be nice if the jury could smell it.  Then they would know that the A's had to know what it was in the car.
invision
Monkey Junky

« Reply #219 on: December 06, 2008, 01:34:17 AM »

Have no fear Janet

-snipped-

Forensic evidence  (DNA Testing & Body Farm Air Samples - circumstantial but important)

Other examples of circumstantial evidence are fingerprint, blood analysis or DNA analysis of the evidence found at the scene of a crime. These types of evidence may strongly point to a certain conclusion when taken into consideration with other facts, but if not directly witnessed by someone when the crime was committed, they are still considered to be circumstantial in nature. However, when proved by expert witnesses, they are usually sufficient to decide a case especially in the absence of any direct evidence. Owing to the development in forensic methods, old undecided case (or cold cases) are frequently resolved.

A popular misconception is that circumstantial evidence is less valid or less important than direct evidence. This is only partly true: direct evidence is generally considered more powerful, but successful criminal prosecutions often rely largely on circumstantial evidence, and civil charges are frequently based on circumstantial or indirect evidence. In practice, circumstantial evidence often has an advantage over direct evidence in that it is more difficult to suppress or fabricate. Eyewitness testimony is notoriously inaccurate at times, and many persons have been convicted on the basis of perjured or otherwise mistaken testimony. Good strong circumstantial evidence can be a far more reliable basis on which to make a determination of guilt. It should be noted that circumstantial evidence normally requires a witness, such as the police officer who found the evidence, or an expert who examined it, to lay the foundation for its admission. This witness, sometimes known as the sponsor or the authenticating witness, is giving direct (eye-witness) testimony, and could present credibility problems in the same way that any eye witness does.

Much of the evidence against Timothy McVeigh was circumstantial, for example. Speaking about McVeigh's trial, University of Michigan law professor Robert Precht said, "Circumstantial evidence can be, and often is much more powerful than direct evidence". [1] The recent Scott Peterson trial was based heavily on circumstantial evidence.

However, there is sometimes more than one logical conclusion inferable from the same set of circumstances. In cases where one conclusion implies a defendant's guilt and another their innocence, the 'benefit of the doubt' principle would apply. Indeed, if the circumstantial evidence suggests a possibility of innocence, the prosecution has the burden of disproving that possibility.

-snipped-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circumstantial_evidence

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.