April 27, 2024, 05:37:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, FL Missing since June 16-just reported by mother #69  (Read 280473 times)
anothermonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1400 on: December 08, 2008, 08:36:42 AM »

Exactly.  But the people who are attending the funeral won't be dead.  People who are burying their wife/mother/child/husband really shouldn't have to cope with children's needs at the same time.  It's jarring to have children fighting, crying, stealing the flowers off the grave, laughing and playing chase during the service...etc.  and I have seen all of these things happen at funerals. A child's main reaction to a funeral is, "I'm bored, can we go home now?" The secondary reaction is to see if the guy in the coffin is really dead or just faking.

Funerals are for the people mourning. And it's a very rare child under 10 who actually mourns or even particularly cares that someone's dead, unless it's their parent or sibling. They don't need to be at the funeral, and I mean that very literally--they don't have the need inside them, to sit in a room with other people who knew the deceased, listen to a lot of talk, cry, talk some more, reflect on the deceased's life, etc...a child just doesn't get the same thing out of a memorial service, or a long reception, or a viewing, that adults do.

It's not like a birthday party or a wedding, where children can play and enjoy themselves, and lend kind of a festive atmostphere. Even upbeat funerals that "celebrate the life" of the deceased, are pretty solemn occasions, where adults cry and where it's about bereaved peoples' feelings, not about making sure everyone accommodates your child.  I know it's not popular to feel that children don't need to be included in absolutely every single facet of everybody's life no matter what.  But there are some places kids don't need to be. 

At my dad's memorial, my young cousin's son (who was maybe a year old?) was bored off his keester. He ran up and down the isle, repeatedly hit his head on the ground, etc..  Did his mom come get him? Well, she didn't seem to care less, but it bothered other people.  They come to listen to whoever was speaking, etc... not get distracted by kids run amuck.

My son likes to repeat things over and over and over.. it's one of his "quirks" as I call it.  This means him saying on an almost daily basis "your dad died. your dad is dead. he died."   And I have to think to myself "Why sure, son. Let's twist the knife a little deeper into mommy's heart, why don't you?" (Knowing full well that he can't help it- that's just who he is and what he does).  My dad died 4 years ago, and it still  hurts. Can you imagine a child like mine saying these things loudly at a funeral? Right after the person has died? I don't think most people would care for this- it would be upsetting, IMO.  Or what if I brought him to a hospital, and he said "That person is dying. Are they dead yet?"  (Even if the person wasn't that ill?)    I mean, come on. LOL  It doesn't do anybody any good to hear things like that, so I keep my child removed from that situation to avoid other people being uncomfortable, or upset. 

We don't need to cater to our kids that much, that we need to allow them to scream and act like monkeys to their heart's content where and whenever they feel like it.  IMO, there is a time and a place for everything.

Denial- turning people crazy all over the world! 
Lucinda
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1401 on: December 08, 2008, 08:40:24 AM »

sorry for the OT, I think this avatar will be better for me then.  Is this one OK?  Maybe brandi can jassy me up with her talent.  (please brandi 
Peaches, ((((monkey hugs))))) 

Way cool!!!

hope noone else has it, and now its mine    any new bugger comes in with this avater, give em monkey hell, cos this is Lucindas 

Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

January 8th, 1935 On this day, a King was born !

« Reply #1402 on: December 08, 2008, 08:40:48 AM »

Morning monkeys. I see it's probably good to have been away from the cage for the weekend. Boy oh boy.

Happy .. err ... Monday. ??? 

Good Morning...

Yeah Monday !!! 
Kids are back to school and it's now peaceful again

We will never be able to make a woman want her child. But we as a society could make a safe haven for those children in that situation. Let not one more child die from lack of wanting... We could call it the Caylee House.
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

Good grief! It's Charlie Brown.

« Reply #1403 on: December 08, 2008, 08:42:03 AM »

Cindy will dominate Larry King and he will let her get away with lying over and over.

I have been thinking about one aspect of the tapes.  You guys know how the Anthonys brag about having a code that they use since their conversations at the jail are recorded.

One thing that struck me as very odd.  At one point, Cindy tells Casey that they are looking for Caylee and that others are looking for her, too.

Cindy says, "Is she findable, do you think?"  It is a very deliberate question, not something that pops out of the blue.  She seems to phrase it just so.

Casey replies.  "I hope so, Mom."  The emphasis is on the word Hope.

They are very aware of being recorded, and my first thought was that Cindy was testing Casey to see what Casey would say.

But then, I thought about it more.  Was Cindy saying, "Let me know if you think she can be found."  In other words, if she is not found, that is better for you, Casey.  As long as she is not found, we can keep saying that she is out there alive.  So, was Cindy really asking Casey, in their famous code talk, "Did you get rid of the body so it will never be found?"

"Findable" is such an odd word choice.  Why didn't Cindy say, "Do you think we can find her?" or "Do you think we can find Zanny?"  If they believe Casey, they believe that Caylee is with the nanny...right?

Casey could have answered in several ways.  The most obvious answer, considering the story about the nanny, is "First you have to find the nanny.  That is the only way to find Caylee."

But when she said, "I hope so, Mom," was Casey really responding in code talk and saying, "I hope I put her where she can never be found."  Was that Casey's way of saying, I doubt anyone will find her. 

Is this too weird for me to even be talking about?  No.  The Anthonys are running a game here of code talking, lies, half-truths, made-up stories, contradictions and conflicting reports.

just catching up ... trying to focus on case-related material and be *positive.*  This post is VERY interesting to me. I thought the language used was strange too. And if we pay close attention to the word choice as Hudsunn has done, we may be able to decode it. My first thought was: Is Caylee findable? = Is Caylee dead? Interesting ... 

I remember you, Caylee.
anothermonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1404 on: December 08, 2008, 08:44:44 AM »

Good morning monkeys!  Here's some hot chocolate \_/? and some s'more poptarts [::] !  Play nice and have a great day.  Santa, if you are reading this, all I want for Christmas is to find Caylee......... and of course, Natalee.

Oooo!  Brandi! We need a drooling monkey emoticon, stat!!   

Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1405 on: December 08, 2008, 08:45:12 AM »

sorry for the OT, I think this avatar will be better for me then.  Is this one OK?  Maybe brandi can jassy me up with her talent.  (please brandi 

Way cool!!!

hope noone else has it, and now its mine    any new bugger comes in with this avater, give em monkey hell, cos this is Lucindas 

I think I already welcomed you before but just in case...Welcome !!!

Brandi will fix you right up for Christmas...she's very talented! and helpful!

We will never be able to make a woman want her child. But we as a society could make a safe haven for those children in that situation. Let not one more child die from lack of wanting... We could call it the Caylee House.
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1406 on: December 08, 2008, 08:47:12 AM »

Exactly.  But the people who are attending the funeral won't be dead.  People who are burying their wife/mother/child/husband really shouldn't have to cope with children's needs at the same time.  It's jarring to have children fighting, crying, stealing the flowers off the grave, laughing and playing chase during the service...etc.  and I have seen all of these things happen at funerals. A child's main reaction to a funeral is, "I'm bored, can we go home now?" The secondary reaction is to see if the guy in the coffin is really dead or just faking.

Funerals are for the people mourning. And it's a very rare child under 10 who actually mourns or even particularly cares that someone's dead, unless it's their parent or sibling. They don't need to be at the funeral, and I mean that very literally--they don't have the need inside them, to sit in a room with other people who knew the deceased, listen to a lot of talk, cry, talk some more, reflect on the deceased's life, etc...a child just doesn't get the same thing out of a memorial service, or a long reception, or a viewing, that adults do.

It's not like a birthday party or a wedding, where children can play and enjoy themselves, and lend kind of a festive atmostphere. Even upbeat funerals that "celebrate the life" of the deceased, are pretty solemn occasions, where adults cry and where it's about bereaved peoples' feelings, not about making sure everyone accommodates your child.  I know it's not popular to feel that children don't need to be included in absolutely every single facet of everybody's life no matter what.  But there are some places kids don't need to be. 

At my dad's memorial, my young cousin's son (who was maybe a year old?) was bored off his keester. He ran up and down the isle, repeatedly hit his head on the ground, etc..  Did his mom come get him? Well, she didn't seem to care less, but it bothered other people.  They come to listen to whoever was speaking, etc... not get distracted by kids run amuck.

My son likes to repeat things over and over and over.. it's one of his "quirks" as I call it.  This means him saying on an almost daily basis "your dad died. your dad is dead. he died."   And I have to think to myself "Why sure, son. Let's twist the knife a little deeper into mommy's heart, why don't you?" (Knowing full well that he can't help it- that's just who he is and what he does).  My dad died 4 years ago, and it still  hurts. Can you imagine a child like mine saying these things loudly at a funeral? Right after the person has died? I don't think most people would care for this- it would be upsetting, IMO.  Or what if I brought him to a hospital, and he said "That person is dying. Are they dead yet?"  (Even if the person wasn't that ill?)    I mean, come on. LOL  It doesn't do anybody any good to hear things like that, so I keep my child removed from that situation to avoid other people being uncomfortable, or upset. 

We don't need to cater to our kids that much, that we need to allow them to scream and act like monkeys to their heart's content where and whenever they feel like it.  IMO, there is a time and a place for everything.

My son would see older people and say, "You're old, you're going to die soon."   

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
anothermonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1407 on: December 08, 2008, 08:47:33 AM »

OX 35, Orlando) --  On Sunday evening, the grandmother of missing Orlando toddler Caylee Marie Anthony spoke with FOX 35 about the State of Florida's decision not seek the death penalty in the first degree murder case against her daughter, Casey Anthony.

"I don't think they have much of a case at all," said Cindy following a candlelight vigil for Caylee at the Eastside Baptist Church in Orlando. "I don't think they have a death penalty case at all, so I wasn't surprised."

She added that the whole notion of raising a death penalty case against her daughter was ridiculous.  "I think we should be out there looking for Caylee and not focused on a few lies Casey told to the Sheriff's Office. The evidence will speak for itself."[/color]

<SNIP>

hmm.. a FEW lies? How about everything Casey said was a lie??   

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1408 on: December 08, 2008, 08:48:59 AM »

Way cool!!!

Some days it is hell in monkeyland.      Let's make today a good day in the cage.   

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1409 on: December 08, 2008, 08:54:00 AM »

Thought for the day:

Rehashing a sore subject will leave re-hash marks in the cage.  Better to pause for a minute than have to clean up your chit later!   

I believe in miracles!
anothermonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1410 on: December 08, 2008, 08:55:10 AM »

My son would see older people and say, "You're old, you're going to die soon."   

I shouldn't laugh, but 

When my neighbor died a few weeks ago, I couldn't go to the funeral (as I couldn't take my son). So we went to the store and bought flowers and a card, and walked them over to the house before the service, when I saw that his daughter was there.  Because I did not want my son to say anything upsetting, I sat with him for several minutes, briefly explaining that she would be very sad, and we did not want to make her cry. That he needed to be quiet and only let mommy talk.  (He said "Ok, I'll whisper"  ) and I said no, whispering is not ok either.  All I can say  is thank goodness he listened to me and kept quiet.   She started crying as soon as she saw me.  Sigh.. 

anothermonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1411 on: December 08, 2008, 08:56:24 AM »

Thought for the day:

Rehashing a sore subject will leave re-hash marks in the cage.  Better to pause for a minute than have to clean up your chit later!   

Darn re-hash marks. Sometimes, they require extra soak time to get out. 

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1412 on: December 08, 2008, 08:58:35 AM »

Thought for the day:

Yup and sometimes they require that you soak your head, too!   

I believe in miracles!
anothermonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1413 on: December 08, 2008, 08:58:54 AM »

Morning monkeys. I see it's probably good to have been away from the cage for the weekend. Boy oh boy.

Happy .. err ... Monday. ??? 

Seems pretty decent so far. 

Can somebody explain a bit about the pre-trail hearing? What exactly happens there? Does the state have to give their basic case, and that's that? Or what..

anothermonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1414 on: December 08, 2008, 08:59:32 AM »

Thought for the day:

A swirly!!??    Omg...  I've never had one of those, and I never plan to! 

Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1415 on: December 08, 2008, 09:04:53 AM »

Thought for the day:

don't say hash Bearly or someone might start smokin' you again 

find a happy place...find a happy place...find a happy place 

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1416 on: December 08, 2008, 09:05:35 AM »

Thought for the day:

A swirly!!??    Omg...  I've never had one of those, and I never plan to! 

I actually had to look that up.  I never heard of a swirlie before, yuk.     

I meant soak your head in clean soapy water to get clean thoughts.   

I believe in miracles!
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1417 on: December 08, 2008, 09:06:49 AM »

I just hope they don't put any more pictures of other peoples children on the show..the A's are just asking for a good lawsuit....and should have gotten one by now.

ITA SS, whoever the little mall girl belongs to should shut down their MySpace site for having that picture on there!!!  I'd be pizzed!!!

I hope they show that picture on LK - so maybe whoever she belongs to will come forward. 

Just a thought about that picture - is there any chance the picture was doctored to look like her?    Does anyone know if LE interview the person who took it - or are the A's keeping that info to themselves?    Have they given the tag number of the car to LE?

I don't think it needs to be...it wouldn't take long to go to a childrens playroom and find a child that resembles Caylee

This should be a criminal act in itself...obstruction? long overdue

I haven't heard anymore..but I doubt it...

O/T I just thought of something...we now have a sassy kitty and a saucy kitty...hope we don't have and catfights 

We do think alike.  Not about the fights, just about the sassy and saucy kitties.   
Meow?????????

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1418 on: December 08, 2008, 09:13:26 AM »

Thought for the day:

don't say hash Bearly or someone might start smokin' you again 

find a happy place...find a happy place...find a happy place 

I believe in miracles!
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

Good grief! It's Charlie Brown.

« Reply #1419 on: December 08, 2008, 09:13:30 AM »

Thought for the day:

I thought those were called "Scooby-Doos." 
Seriously, I learned from nephew what that means. It's not the character. Turns out it means something else. 

I remember you, Caylee.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.