April 27, 2024, 01:51:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, FL Missing since June 16-just reported by mother #72  (Read 321162 times)
mammy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #400 on: December 11, 2008, 09:04:44 PM »

Any thoughts on why the hell there would be duct tape ON the skull itself?? 
I believe.....there was duct tape around the bag.....like to keep it closed, not on the skull it self....

Yes, but they have said there are reports that tape was found on the skull itself.. not just on the bag?
I have only heard it was on the bag to hold it closed...the rest has been people speculating I think....

The man that found the body said the skull had duct tape across the mouth.  LE will not deny or confirm that it's true.
anothermonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #401 on: December 11, 2008, 09:04:55 PM »

Great news, Dolce!!

Denial- turning people crazy all over the world! 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #402 on: December 11, 2008, 09:05:19 PM »

They are going to go through the Anthony home and yard with a fine tooth comb, according to the Nancy Grace Show. They have now taped off more of an area.
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #403 on: December 11, 2008, 09:05:24 PM »

No one but LE and utility man saw the bag or anything. TM saw where the bag was. I guess he was questioned and his logs looked at to determine the answer to the question :
Was this area searched, and if so, why didn't we find it then. Answer, it was under water and the water just receeded about a week and 1/2 ago. Grass under bag, dead and brown with an indentation. Grass all around weedy and green.
LKL tomorrow ! Are they all crazy. ?

Danielle Van Dam was found in an area that had previously been searched.

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
Hiding Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #404 on: December 11, 2008, 09:05:27 PM »

This morning was the pre-trial and heard that Casey was to appear.  Anything showing her on the news today?  I saw a segment showing her with a pink purse and head band but wondered if this was shot earlier?  Anyone know?

Casey was never scheduled to appear at the pre-trial hearing today. She did not appear. It took just a few minutes. Jose Baez got the trial delayed until at least March. (Instead of Jan. 5)
Thanks Brandi. I'd heard on the news this morning she was going to appear so we'd get to see her.  Do you know what video I was talking about earlier?  She was leaving Baez's office and walked out to a car by an unknown man.  She was laughing it up and wearing a white shirt.  I'd never seen the video until today?
3bboysmom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #405 on: December 11, 2008, 09:05:32 PM »

OK, I have a question, that I don't want to ask, but I want to know the answer to.
I know that the soft tissue is probably gone, but does hair decompose, and if so how long? 
I remember in the olden days they used to make hair "art" with hair from their family and loved ones, but wouldn't that help to identify whether it was likely a girl or a boy? 

Also would that hair still show chloroform in it?

I'm pretty sure that hair would still be present.  I just remember in the Lori Hacking case, when they opened the bag she was in, they said her hair spilled out.  I think she was pretty decomposed, too (sorry, that sounds so gross).
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #406 on: December 11, 2008, 09:05:50 PM »

http://www.wesh.com/news/18253946/detail.html

Sheriff: Definite Possibility Remains Are Caylee
Baez Files Emergency Motion Regarding Newly Found Remains

POSTED: 10:47 am EST December 11, 2008
UPDATED: 6:11 pm EST December 11, 2008

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A warrant is being sought to search the Anthony family home Thursday after remains of a small child were found nearby, according to a sheriff's spokesman.

Orange County Sheriff's Office spokesman Jim Solomons confirmed the remains were found in a sealed plastic bag along Suburban Drive by a meter reader who called authorities about 9:30 a.m. The utility worker that discovered the remains said a skull rolled out of the bag when he picked it up. Sources close to the investigation told WESH 2 and NBC News that duct tape was found on the mouth.

A medical examiner took the remains from the scene on Thursday afternoon.

Earlier Thursday, the Orange County Jail was notified and expected to inform Casey Anthony of the situation.

Sources said that upon hearing the news, Casey Anthony had what was described as an anxiety attack and requested sedatives.

Todd Black, the spokesman for Jose Baez, who is Casey Anthony's attorney, said Anthony's camp is currently taking a wait-and-see attitude regarding the discovery.

Black said they want to find out what exactly the discovery is sooner rather than later.

Baez went to the Orange County Jail to be with his client. Later Thursday, Baez filed an emergency motion to ensure his involvement in the testing of the newly found remains. A hearing is scheduled for Friday at 11:30.

Investigators have been at the scene all day, which is one third of a mile away from the Hopespring Drive home where Casey Anthony, 22, was staying with her parents, Cindy and George Anthony, and daughter, Caylee. (View Map)

WESH 2's Michelle Meredith reported that the area has been searched in the past because Casey Anthony spent time in the wooded area with her friends when she was in high school. Meredith said the area is very thick with trees and other vegetation.

According to Equusearch, volunteers tried to search the area, but it was underwater. When they returned, the area was blocked by a chain-link fence.

Tim Miller of Equusearch said he believes the remains are Caylee's and he expects to attend her funeral within a week.

"I feel very optimistic that these are the remains of Caylee. We don't have any other missing children in the Orlando area, especially that close to the Anthony home," Miller said.

Capt. Angelo Nieves said investigators will continue to evaluate and process the scene thoughout the day and likely into the night.

"It is very early. We want to proceed carefully and methodically," Nieves said.

"I am not at liberty to provide any additional information that could compromise this case," Nieves said when prodded by reporters to draw conclusions regarding Caylee's disappearance.

Meredith said the feeling on the scene shortly after the find was much more urgent than when bounty hunter Leonard Padilla found possible bones weeks ago in a retention pond.

"It appears they have something very significant," Meredith said. "It is being taken very, very seriously."

Leonard Padilla said his team did not search the area where the bones were found, but he drove by it several times.

The exact age or the gender of the child is unknown, and investigators are not connecting the remains to the Anthony case, but Orange County Sheriff Kevin Beary said it is definitely a possibility that the remains are Caylee's.

Beary said it is confirmed that a human skull was found. He also said the area where the discovery was made was flooded during earlier searches.

Casey Anthony is charged with first-degree murder. Prosecutors said she killed her daughter, Caylee, who was 2 years old when she was reported missing in July.

The Anthony family has been notified. They were still in California after Wednesday night's "Larry King Live" television appearance, but WESH 2's Bob Kealing reported that they are currently headed back to Orlando.

Lead investigator John Allen called grandmother Cindy Anthony after the body was found, WESH 2's Bob Kealing said.

Earlier this week, the state attorney's office decided to not seek the death penalty for mother Casey Anthony, but a source from the state attorney's office said Thursday that if the body does belong to Caylee, the death penalty may be back on the table.
3bboysmom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #407 on: December 11, 2008, 09:06:29 PM »

OK, I have a question, that I don't want to ask, but I want to know the answer to.
I know that the soft tissue is probably gone, but does hair decompose, and if so how long? 
I remember in the olden days they used to make hair "art" with hair from their family and loved ones, but wouldn't that help to identify whether it was likely a girl or a boy? 

Also would that hair still show chloroform in it?

I'm pretty sure that hair would still be present.  I just remember in the Lori Hacking case, when they opened the bag she was in, they said her hair spilled out.  I think she was pretty decomposed, too (sorry, that sounds so gross).

And one of the forensic guys said it was possible that chloroform could be detected in the hair.
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #408 on: December 11, 2008, 09:07:24 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,465424,00.html

The skeletal remains of a small child were found Thursday near the home of missing Orlando girl Caylee Anthony's family.

There was no immediate word on whether the bones, reportedly discovered wrapped in a plastic bag and bound with duct tape, were those of a boy or a girl.

"All we know is that remains of a child have been found," a police spokeswoman told FOXNews.com.

Orange County sheriffs and forensics teams were working at the scene at the intersection of South Chickasaw Trail and Suburban Drive, on the edge of the Anthonys' neighborhood about 10 miles southeast of downtown Orlando.

Sheriff's Office spokesman Jim Solomons said that a utility worker found the body at 9:32 a.m. EST Thursday in a wooded area less than a half-mile from the house Caylee lived in with her grandparents and mother.

The water meter reader reportedly picked up the bag and a small skull rolled out that sources say strongly resembled that of a little girl.

There were reports of duct tape around the mouth area of the child's skull.

Police said the Anthony family has been notified of the discovery and no one is being allowed in their house. Sheriffs were preparing a search warrant for the Anthony home, MyFOXOrlando.com reported.
yea  but the skull p[rolly got caught on the tape after it fell out of the bag....Heck I  dont know, I just  know that the bag was taped shut with the tape.........anything else I dont want to think  about!!!

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
anothermonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #409 on: December 11, 2008, 09:07:35 PM »

Who is Dr. G?

Dr G Medical Examiner. Has her own show. She rocks!!  http://health.discovery.com/fansites/drg/drg-fansite.html

Denial- turning people crazy all over the world! 
littleone
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #410 on: December 11, 2008, 09:08:06 PM »

I will be so grateful if this is Caylee, but could we have Natalee too???  (And a live Madeline?)

Stacy too please.  And Trenton. 

Sooooooooo many missing....   

I would love to add Mr. Ray Gricar to the list...

Warning: NEVER~and I mean NEVER try to keep a secret from Rob. He is SNOOPY and will find it in 30 seconds. (Someone could/should have told me)
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #411 on: December 11, 2008, 09:08:12 PM »

Ok I am going to ask a stupid question here...stop me if you have heard this one...

If duct tape was found on the mouth, how is that possible if it bones? Would the duct tape not leave with the soft tissue and fall off into the bag? 

BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #412 on: December 11, 2008, 09:08:16 PM »

OK you want real creepy? I'm watching CSI and they started by showing a black garbage bag, tied, thrown into shallow water with the body of a man inside and then a time lapse of what happens to the body over time in the rainy weather conditions! And you thought you can't write this stuff!! What are the chances of this!!!!

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #413 on: December 11, 2008, 09:09:22 PM »

This morning was the pre-trial and heard that Casey was to appear.  Anything showing her on the news today?  I saw a segment showing her with a pink purse and head band but wondered if this was shot earlier?  Anyone know?

Casey was never scheduled to appear at the pre-trial hearing today. She did not appear. It took just a few minutes. Jose Baez got the trial delayed until at least March. (Instead of Jan. 5)
Thanks Brandi. I'd heard on the news this morning she was going to appear so we'd get to see her.  Do you know what video I was talking about earlier?  She was leaving Baez's office and walked out to a car by an unknown man.  She was laughing it up and wearing a white shirt.  I'd never seen the video until today?

Don't recall the video you are mentioning, no.

I did watch the pre-trial hearing on a video this morning. It is probably still up on a news site. I just have no time to look it up for you right now. And, as I said, Casey did not attend.

Hiding Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #414 on: December 11, 2008, 09:10:10 PM »

Ok I am going to ask a stupid question here...stop me if you have heard this one...

If duct tape was found on the mouth, how is that possible if it bones? Would the duct tape not leave with the soft tissue and fall off into the bag? 
  Not a stupid ? cause I had thought the same thing!
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #415 on: December 11, 2008, 09:10:18 PM »

Defense attorneys want to change venues ... Rumor has it that the Martians think Casey is guilty as hell.
Whoohoo let her come to Naples!  I will have a "WELCOME SLUNT" sign up just for her.
Let her go to Naples, but Dolce, please go to bed. I worry about you. Or at least eat something fattening. Please
LOL Hey!  My doctor said I was healthy and doing good at our last check up.  She said the babies are healthy as well.
Good. That is all I need to know. I just worry about you. Keep those babies safe and free from reading about crazy people. Glad to know you are well. I do worry about you.

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #416 on: December 11, 2008, 09:10:36 PM »

Not necessarily and there may still be some soft tissue as well.
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #417 on: December 11, 2008, 09:10:53 PM »

Yes it would!!!

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
cherjers
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #418 on: December 11, 2008, 09:11:05 PM »

Not sure if you all caught this thread on WS, but it's about the woman who took the bag/s of trash from the Anthony home.. the one with the cut up hat in it.   The woman still has the bag/s and it's possible it was from the same roll as the bag with these remains. 

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76255
I never would have thought of that--I hope le does
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #419 on: December 11, 2008, 09:11:09 PM »

yeah, good question

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.