April 27, 2024, 03:56:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, FL Missing since June 16-just reported by mother #72  (Read 321216 times)
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1380 on: December 12, 2008, 12:33:44 PM »

Link to courtroom?

Pretty please? 

BTgirl it's over.  If a video of the proceedings shows up we'll be sure to post it.

Thanks, Klaas.

I Stand With The Girl
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1381 on: December 12, 2008, 12:33:44 PM »

I haven't been around much lately, lots going on being so close to having my daughter.. and it seems lately everything I say gets ignored. So I am not really expecting an answer but..

If anyone could spare a moment, who might know - If (or should I say WHEN) Baez and whoever else loses this trial for Casey, will she still be responsible to PAY for all of these members of her defense team?? How does this work?
Normally the State picks up the bill for anyone that can not afford to pay for the trial defense themselves BUT the court only pays "reasonable fees" unless they get approved in advance. I have not heard anything about motions to approve payment made yet. But it may be that the experts have not done anything yet and JB may decided not to have them do anything since it is pretty clear what happened and who did it.
Kobe hasn't even looked at the evidence yet, and after Dr Lee examined the car we haven't heard a peep from him.
jrzgrl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1382 on: December 12, 2008, 12:33:50 PM »

Did anyone else notice the green pesticide sprayer that they took from the A's house? Right after they show the blue shop vac ... caught my attention...strange.

Someone probably has already commented in this (am trying to catch up) but my first thought was whomever cleaned the car probably sprayed trunk with insectacide to kill maggots, larvae, etc.   JMO

Ok way OT but had to say what a handsome squirrel   
yeknomaras
Scared Monkey

read the name backwards! :)

« Reply #1383 on: December 12, 2008, 12:33:54 PM »

if duct tape was attached to her mouth you can bet she was not completely down to a skeleton. there's still soft tissue on the body.... this means they have a lot more to test.

Bring Caylee home.
<3
ShariVari
Monkey Junky

the fairness of life!

« Reply #1384 on: December 12, 2008, 12:35:07 PM »

KLAAS or anyone who was here yesterday

what happened with that bit torrent thing?  Were there pictures or videos of Casey? If so

Andrea_Kulikowski@yahoo.com

please email me any links or info pertaining to this

i am very interested...
thank you!!!!!

JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

Good grief! It's Charlie Brown.

« Reply #1385 on: December 12, 2008, 12:35:18 PM »

I haven't been around much lately, lots going on being so close to having my daughter.. and it seems lately everything I say gets ignored. So I am not really expecting an answer but..

If anyone could spare a moment, who might know - If (or should I say WHEN) Baez and whoever else loses this trial for Casey, will she still be responsible to PAY for all of these members of her defense team?? How does this work?

I don't know the answer, but would like to know, also.  Just wanted you to know that I see you.    Best wishes for a smooth delivery and congrats on your daughter!!

Yes, I think they still have to be paid win or lose. I don't think it's like a car accident deal where "we only get paid when you do." I'd say the law firm will pay for the experts and then bill whomever is paying for Casey's defense. I sure would like to know who is paying ...

I remember you, Caylee.
txlisa
Monkey Junky

Annie-belle!

« Reply #1386 on: December 12, 2008, 12:35:21 PM »

Has anyone seen this ???

I was just googling Jose Baez to see if I could find his last statement -

Hah ~ I guess he is " Somebody" now ... His website for his Law Firm
Looks like a Movie Star ... 

http://www.baezlawfirm.com/index.html

"Aggressive, Experienced, Trusted Criminal Defense"  Bwahahahaha!

Jose is a legend in his own mind!

Lisa
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1387 on: December 12, 2008, 12:35:28 PM »

Win or lose attorneys, experts get paid. What kind of arrangement, regarding fees, I have no idea, the Anthonys are not rich, so I'll assume the money is coming from tv appearances, book deals, etc. Experts alone, get hundreds of dollars, hourly pay.

Worst case scenario is they don't get paid and write eventually write it off as a loss on taxes?  just a thought.
they could inflate the amount owed exponentially i'd think and actually come out ahead on taxes, plus all the media deals.

We have done this like 20 times before and never before did anything bad happen....JORAN
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1388 on: December 12, 2008, 12:35:37 PM »

Did anyone else notice the green pesticide sprayer that they took from the A's house? Right after they show the blue shop vac ... caught my attention...strange.

Someone probably has already commented in this (am trying to catch up) but my first thought was whomever cleaned the car probably sprayed trunk with insectacide to kill maggots, larvae, etc.   JMO

Very possible Kirby
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1389 on: December 12, 2008, 12:35:42 PM »

I like the judge and the prosecutorial team ~ ! 

Regarding the new addition to the defense team : Poor Dr. Baden      Lordy Day!

Can't stand her after the Spector trial.....but at least we don't have to listen to sentences interrupted with ummmmmms every other word, when she speaks instead of buttkiss baez

I didn't watch that trial and had never seen her before - someone here earlier posted about her being the new defense addition.  I like Dr. Baden....I do not care for her.   
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1390 on: December 12, 2008, 12:35:56 PM »

I don't know the answer, but I've been wondering the same thing. Where is all the money coming from?

Today Show.  Larry King Live.  Book/movie deals!

I contend that this is the reason that Jose Baez objected to the "gag" order motion put forward by the State Attorney's office.  I suspect that all monies for guest appearances (photo rights)  by Cindy and George on these shows are going directly into a defence fund for Casey.

Strickland again ruled in favor of the defense on that one and ... therefore the money train is still rolling into Station Baez.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
CynInOregon
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1391 on: December 12, 2008, 12:35:58 PM »

I was wondering what significance it might have, and that makes sense.

www.myspace.com/cynthiawalker

In Loving Memory of Our Beautiful Angel Heather and Precious Angel Caylee.
txlisa
Monkey Junky

Annie-belle!

« Reply #1392 on: December 12, 2008, 12:37:31 PM »

I don't know the answer, but I've been wondering the same thing. Where is all the money coming from?

I contend that this is the reason that Jose Baez objected to the "gag" order motion put forward by the State Attorney's office.  I suspect that all monies for guest appearances (photo rights)  by Cindy and George on these shows are going directly into a defence fund for Casey.

Strickland again ruled in favor of the defense on that one and ... therefore the money train is still rolling into Station Baez.

Janet

Going on LKL again tonight, hmmm.  Maybe this is in order to pay for Mrs. Baden?

Lisa
3bboysmom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1393 on: December 12, 2008, 12:38:09 PM »

I'm wondering here anyone have thoughts?  How the defense is being paid?  I just heard of all the high profile people on the defense team.  Dr. Laura Baden(Dr.Baden's wife) Dr. Henry Lee, Dr. Koblelenski...those people dont come cheap and aren't known to just volunteer their time either.

I am wondering that, too.  Do they have a wealthy backer?  Why, oh why, would anyone pay to help the defense of KC?  There has to be something in it for them.

Or some connection to her to hide ... 

Hmmmm...now that is worth looking into!!
monkeemama
Scared Monkey

Mama's Little Monkees!

« Reply #1394 on: December 12, 2008, 12:38:18 PM »

Thanks 3bs!! And everyone else!

I keep thinking about the vaccuums.. what would they be looking for with those? Vaccuumed up hair? Matter from the car - if those were used to vaccuum it out?? I just keep thinking of Beary saying that there was something found that links the remains to something in the Anthony house. What are yalls personal opinions/possibilities on what was taken vs his statements?!
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1395 on: December 12, 2008, 12:38:22 PM »

Janet

Going on LKL again tonight, hmmm.  Maybe this is in order to pay for Mrs. Baden?

Lisa
Bingo, Mrs Baden does not come cheap.
ShariVari
Monkey Junky

the fairness of life!

« Reply #1396 on: December 12, 2008, 12:38:30 PM »

Normally the State picks up the bill for anyone that can not afford to pay for the trial defense themselves BUT the court only pays "reasonable fees" unless they get approved in advance. I have not heard anything about motions to approve payment made yet. But it may be that the experts have not done anything yet and JB may decided not to have them do anything since it is pretty clear what happened and who did it.

I believe that I learned that the State ends up picking up the bill if the defense runs out of money at any point, because if the defense has to go out and find "cheaper or more reasonably priced experts, the entire case could be compromised and a mistrial could be declared.  Does anyone else remember learning something similar in school?

JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

Good grief! It's Charlie Brown.

« Reply #1397 on: December 12, 2008, 12:38:40 PM »

at Red

No soup for Baez.

I remember you, Caylee.
JodyO
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1398 on: December 12, 2008, 12:38:49 PM »

Caylee not having cloths on would tell me that she got something all over the cloths and removed them.  Could it have been vomit from KC's oding Caylee or maybe blood?

Blaze, "maybe" whoever removed Caylee's clothes counted on Caylee's body being decayed and difficult to identify without her clothes.   But, then on the otherhand, why would someone place the bag with her clothes close to her body?  Maybe to deter attention away from KC, it was suppose to look like a different type of crime; something that KC saw on one of her crime shows.   Then again, yhinking back on KC saying that Caylee's body is close by, and also saying/ asking something about Caylee's clothes still not being found knocks that theory out.  I don't watch crime or criminal programs, so to me, this is the most twisted set of circumstances I have ever heard.  I think I should change my name to "Totally Confused."

Earlier on Fox News, they had one of their usual segments with a "typical" defense lawyer and a prosecutor talking about what the finding of the bag with remains means to this case. The prosecutor said the location and content bolster the prosecution's case and the search of the "crime scene" (the Anthony's home) again indicate that evidence in the contents of the bag or at the location most likely can be tied to where the crime occurred, etc. The defense attorney went off on this long tangent about how this helps Casey as the finding yesterday indicates typical predator child sexual molester, kidnapper-snatcher, and an attempt to pin the crime on the poor dead grieving Mommy. A truly imaginative effort IMO that will be exceedingly difficult to sell to any jury.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1399 on: December 12, 2008, 12:38:54 PM »

I like the judge and the prosecutorial team ~ ! 

Regarding the new addition to the defense team : Poor Dr. Baden      Lordy Day!

Can't stand her after the Spector trial.....but at least we don't have to listen to sentences interrupted with ummmmmms every other word, when she speaks instead of buttkiss baez

I didn't watch that trial and had never seen her before - someone here earlier posted about her being the new defense addition.  I like Dr. Baden....I do not care for her.   

Sheriff: Clues link body to Anthony 
Last Edited: Friday, 12 Dec 2008, 10:03 AM EST 
Created: Friday, 12 Dec 2008, 9:11 AM EST

Defense team grows

If Linda Kenney-Baden's name sounds familiar, you may recognize her as an author,  trial attorney and legal commentator who has been involved in other high-profile criminal cases.

She recently represented music producer Phil Spector in a murder trial and offered analysis during the controversy surrounding the death of super model Anna Nicole Smith.   Her husband is forensic expert Dr. Michael Baden of the HBO series Autopsy. 

Kenney-Baden will be joining Casey's attorney, Jose Baez, in court at 11:30 a.m. Friday morning for an emergency hearing to preserve evidence gathered on Thursday.  The motion was filed by Baez on Thursday afternoon.  We will be streaming the hearing live on MyFoxOrlando.com.

"I'm concerned about my client, period.  We are requesting to have access to this information," said Baez. "As it [evidence] is being tested, we would like our people present, especially if it's destructive in nature by the testing."

"There are basically two kinds of test that government and medical investigators will conduct," said FOX 35 Senior Legal Analyst Judge Andrew Napolitano.  "One is a visual observation of the scene.  The other type of test is on tissue and materials from the contents of the bag." 

Judge Napolitano said those tests can frequently destroy the tissue on which the tests were taken, which gives cause for Baez to file the motion.

"The defense wants to be there to be sure they physically observe the tests, so if the government says, 'we physically tested this bone and here's what it showed us,' then the defense investigators will know, in fact, that it was this bone.  As well, if there is only a small amount of physical evidence that they want to test, they may both need to run their own tests at the same time, because this small amount of whatever it may be -- let's say skin or tissue -- may be gone forever," Napolitano added.

<snipped>

A spokeswoman with the state attorney's office said Thursday that officials wouldn't comment until the investigation was complete.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=8058117&version=5&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.