April 28, 2024, 01:26:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #13 12/16/08 -02/02/09  (Read 191570 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #100 on: December 24, 2008, 02:54:56 PM »

CBB,The photos are beautiful.I hope you enjoy your new camera.I have a digital camera and I think it still holds mysteries I have yet to discover. 
Wishing you a very Merry Christmas.

Also wishing ALL MONKEYS A MERRY CHRISTMAS,HAPPY HOLIDAYS, AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #101 on: December 24, 2008, 03:54:19 PM »

WOW, CBB!!!  It's beautiful!!!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
CarolynV
Scared Monkey

« Reply #102 on: December 24, 2008, 08:49:31 PM »

Hi everyone. I need help if you can give it.

My mom and dad have a beloved black lab. They love this dog. I am telling you, I used to be the baby. I am not the baby anymore, this dog is.  Anyway, Zoe has become sick and has lost 14 lbs since Thanksgiving. She doesn't poop anymore, she just squirts.  They live in the woods and the vet is on vacation and they plan to take the dog to the vet on the 2nd, but is there anything they can do in the meantime?  She is keeping food down today so far. I guess I want to know can they give her pedialyte or pediasure until the vet gets back? Or is there anything else they can give her?

Thanks for anything you can do and Merry Christmas!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #103 on: December 24, 2008, 09:09:42 PM »

My mom and dad have a beloved black lab. They love this dog. I am telling you, I used to be the baby. I am not the baby anymore, this dog is.  Anyway, Zoe has become sick and has lost 14 lbs since Thanksgiving. She doesn't poop anymore, she just squirts.  They live in the woods and the vet is on vacation and they plan to take the dog to the vet on the 2nd, but is there anything they can do in the meantime?  She is keeping food down today so far. I guess I want to know can they give her pedialyte or pediasure until the vet gets back? Or is there anything else they can give her?

You might want to feed your dog exclusively chicken and rice.  It may help the loose bowels.  This is what vets have had us do in the past, when our dogs had gastroenteritis and other stomach ailments.  It could be intestinal parasites.  I also wonder if your folks dog may have gotten into some garbage and got a bacterial infection or ate something over rich and it's affecting her pancreas?

I saw this online:

"In an older dog, IBD (Irritable Bowel Disease), or intestinal cancer are added to the list of possibilities.  An intestinal biopsy will diagnose either of these problems.  Steroids can be used to lessen the clinical signs.  I would recommend speaking to your veterinarian to ensure there isn't a risk for either of these conditions.

I would recommend a visit to your veterinarian to determine the cause of the diarrhea.  It is not normal to have chronic diarrhea problems."
http://www.wral.com/lifestyles/pets/blogpost/1388678/

Is there anyway any vet could at least give some advice to you about how to care for the dog until the appointment?  I know you all must be worried out of your minds!  If she continues to drink water, that is really, really good. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #104 on: December 24, 2008, 09:31:47 PM »

Anna - so sorry to hear your EX is being an A**.  There's got to be a way to find where his money is hidden.

CBB - beautiful tree and pics!

To all.....

Merry Christmas to All!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #105 on: December 24, 2008, 10:48:23 PM »

I'm bringing this from the Monkey Lounge, where GreatOwl had posted it:

http://www.tankmastergunner.com/silent%20night.htm

This has been around for over 20 years, but I seem to be hearing it played more this year.  I have run across other variations depending upon the branch of service.

A Soldier's Silent Night

TWAS THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS, HE LIVED ALL ALONE,

IN A ONE BEDROOM HOUSE MADE OF PLASTER AND STONE.

I HAD COME DOWN THE CHIMNEY WITH PRESENTS TO GIVE,

AND TO SEE JUST WHO IN THIS HOME DID LIVE.

I LOOKED ALL ABOUT, A STRANGE SIGHT I DID SEE,

NO TINSEL, NO PRESENTS, NOT EVEN A TREE.

NO STOCKING BY MANTLE, JUST BOOTS FILLED WITH SAND,

ON THE WALL HUNG PICTURES OF FAR DISTANT LANDS.

WITH MEDALS AND BADGES, AWARDS OF ALL KINDS,

A SOBER THOUGHT CAME THROUGH MY MIND.

FOR THIS HOUSE WAS DIFFERENT, IT WAS DARK AND DREARY,

I FOUND THE HOME OF A SOLDIER, ONCE I COULD SEE CLEARLY.

THE SOLDIER LAY SLEEPING, SILENT, ALONE,

CURLED UP ON THE FLOOR IN THIS ONE BEDROOM HOME.

THE FACE WAS SO GENTLE, THE ROOM IN SUCH DISORDER,

NOT HOW I PICTURED A UNITED STATES SOLDIER.

WAS THIS THE HERO OF WHOM I'D JUST READ?

CURLED UP ON A PONCHO, THE FLOOR FOR A BED?

I REALIZED THE FAMILIES THAT I SAW THIS NIGHT,

OWED THEIR LIVES TO THESE SOLDIERS WHO WERE WILLING TO FIGHT.

SOON ROUND THE WORLD, THE CHILDREN WOULD PLAY,

AND GROWNUPS WOULD CELEBRATE A BRIGHT CHRISTMAS DAY.

THEY ALL ENJOYED FREEDOM EACH MONTH OF THE YEAR,

BECAUSE OF THE SOLDIERS, LIKE THE ONE LYING HERE.

I COULDN'T HELP WONDER HOW MANY LAY ALONE,

ON A COLD CHRISTMAS EVE IN A LAND FAR FROM HOME.

THE VERY THOUGHT BROUGHT A TEAR TO MY EYE,

I DROPPED TO MY KNEES AND STARTED TO CRY;

THE SOLDIER AWAKENED AND I HEARD A ROUGH VOICE,

"SANTA DON'T CRY, THIS LIFE IS MY CHOICE;

I FIGHT FOR FREEDOM, I DON'T ASK FOR MORE,

MY LIFE IS MY GOD, MY COUNTRY, MY CORPS."

THE SOLDIER ROLLED OVER AND DRIFTED TO SLEEP,

I COULDN'T CONTROL IT, I CONTINUED TO WEEP.

I KEPT WATCH FOR HOURS, SO SILENT AND STILL

AND WE BOTH SHIVERED FROM THE COLD NIGHT'S CHILL.

I DIDN'T WANT TO LEAVE ON THAT COLD, DARK, NIGHT,

THIS GUARDIAN OF HONOR SO WILLING TO FIGHT.

THEN THE SOLDIER ROLLED OVER, WITH A VOICE SOFT AND PURE,

WHISPERED, "CARRY ON SANTA, IT'S CHRISTMAS DAY, ALL IS SECURE."

ONE LOOK AT MY WATCH, AND I KNEW HE WAS RIGHT.

"MERRY CHRISTMAS MY FRIEND, AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT."

God bless the men and women serving in our armed forces.  Merry Christmas!

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Katysmom
Monkey Junky

Everyone needs a helping hand once in a while

« Reply #106 on: December 24, 2008, 10:59:14 PM »

This sounds like what my little Sherlock had before he died.  Prostrate cancer.  The vet gave him some medicine and said if it wasn't cancer the prostrate would shrink and he'd be fine....if it didn't shrink there was nothing else to do.  His advice was to give me mineral water, we used grape which he loved and we gave him small doses of mineral oil.  He did give us a box of packets of "FortifFlora" which helps whith the nausea.  We just sprinkled a little bit of it over his food.  The vet also told us to let him eat anything he wanted since he wasn't interested in dog food anymore.  Ken went to the deli and had them thin slice ham and turkey meat which he loved and ate right up.
Does your town have an emergency vet?  Check your yellow pages.  Surprisingly, they aren't much more expensive than a normal vet.
My heart is with Zoe and let's hope for a Christmas miracle.

If love could of saved you, you would of lived forever
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #107 on: December 25, 2008, 12:08:33 AM »

Merry Christmas to all Monkeys and their families.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #108 on: December 25, 2008, 02:15:40 AM »

Klaas, The Scared Monkeys tree is so beautiful!

Did you know that my gift to you this year was to NOT mention a Scared Monkeys Tree and mugs??? 

It was only because I love you, 'cause I wanted new mugs REALLY badly!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #109 on: December 25, 2008, 03:11:37 AM »

Hi Carolyn! The advice given here by katysmom and Muffy is good advice. 14 pounds since Thanksgiving is a very significant weight loss and the dog needs to get to the vet as soon as possible. I agree with the advice that if there is a 24 hr Emergency Care Vet network in a neighboring town, it would be a good idea.

It's just impossible to know what's really going on without an exam and most likely testing. I don't know how likely it is but it's also  possible the dog has an intestinal obstruction from something he swallowed, and that's causing the stool problems because it's all that can get around the obstruction. When that happens, toxins can build and impaction behind the obstruction can occur.

I can't vouch for the site, but here is a link to a site where you can communicate with a licensed vet online:

http://tinyurl.com/8mx8rv

I'm sorry I'm no help other than that. I hope it's nothing serious, and I understand how your parents feel about the dog. Mine means the world to me, too! I'll say a little prayer that the site will prove helpful!
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #110 on: December 25, 2008, 03:17:02 AM »

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL MY MONKEY FRIENDS

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #111 on: December 25, 2008, 10:21:11 AM »

CarolynV
Scared Monkey

« Reply #112 on: December 25, 2008, 11:19:51 AM »

Good Morning and Merry Christmas!  I just talked to my Mom and Dad and my brother is driving up north the 5 hrs to take her to an out of town vet. The roads are almost impassible, but he's doing it anyway for the new baby of the family. Thank you for the advice and kind thoughts.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #113 on: December 25, 2008, 12:03:59 PM »

Good Morning and Merry Christmas!  I just talked to my Mom and Dad and my brother is driving up north the 5 hrs to take her to an out of town vet. The roads are almost impassible, but he's doing it anyway for the new baby of the family. Thank you for the advice and kind thoughts.

Merry Christmas to you too, Carolyn!

Please let us know they made it safely! I admire the dedication it's taking to make the trip today, but worry about the road conditions! Thanks for keeping us informed!!!

I'm keeping the fingers crossed that this trip will have a great outcome!!
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #114 on: December 25, 2008, 02:36:12 PM »

Hello my Monkey Mates. MERRY CHRISTMAS to each and everyone. Have a safe and happy holiday season. Miss you. I will post more in the coming year - that is one of my NY's resolutions.  javascript:void(0);  javascript:void(0);
crazybabyborg
« Reply #115 on: December 25, 2008, 03:01:39 PM »

Hello my Monkey Mates. MERRY CHRISTMAS to each and everyone. Have a safe and happy holiday season. Miss you. I will post more in the coming year - that is one of my NY's resolutions.  javascript:void(0);  javascript:void(0);

And you've BEEN missed, Sunfreak! I'll look forward to seeing you more often! Merry Christmas!!
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #116 on: December 25, 2008, 04:40:54 PM »

My dog had this problem too, as long as she is getting enough water and is not dehydrated she can take Pepto Bismol. I'm sorry this post was late, I just read this today. Good luck, I will pray for the baby.

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #117 on: December 25, 2008, 06:17:02 PM »

My DIL just emailed me this ecard 

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #118 on: December 25, 2008, 10:21:19 PM »

Well, it's great to see you SunFreak2.....Merry Christmas...and we'll be waiting to see you post in a few days....

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #119 on: December 25, 2008, 10:22:02 PM »

My DIL just emailed me this ecard 

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.