April 27, 2024, 04:37:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #13 12/16/08 -02/02/09  (Read 191546 times)
Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #120 on: December 26, 2008, 12:05:35 AM »

Could someone tell me how to bring or bump a post from a closed thread to whatever is the open thread at the moment .... so that the bumped post will be in a blue box ?   TIA

BG

The naked truth is always better than the best dressed lie.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #121 on: December 26, 2008, 01:01:59 AM »

Could someone tell me how to bring or bump a post from a closed thread to whatever is the open thread at the moment .... so that the bumped post will be in a blue box ?   TIA

BG

You can't actually quote it but you can copy it and paste it.  Me and the  moderators can quote it.  You can click on the post and copy the url and paste that.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #122 on: December 26, 2008, 01:02:26 AM »

For our Jewish friends:

Sleuth
Monkey Junky

« Reply #123 on: December 26, 2008, 01:50:15 AM »

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL MY MONKEY FRIENDS

Tib - so nice of you to share that picture of me Smile

Here is another holiday photo....

Check every detail-check it twice. At least check it once. FIND NATALEE
Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #124 on: December 26, 2008, 02:04:05 AM »

BG

You can't actually quote it but you can copy it and paste it.  Me and the  moderators can quote it.  You can click on the post and copy the url and paste that.

Thank you, Klaas

The naked truth is always better than the best dressed lie.
Lucinda
Monkey Junky

« Reply #125 on: December 26, 2008, 04:42:30 AM »

Merry Christmas monkeys.  I have a suggestion, proposal to ask red, and admins/moderators.  Could we get a members only section in here, that guests cant read?  Just notice a lot of members are opening up with personal details, and because of the real friendly ties to fellow monkeys, it would be nice to have a members only area, that guests cant read.  Is this a dumb idea?  Anyways, just thought id ask 

Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #126 on: December 26, 2008, 08:41:12 AM »

Nic, the pictures look great.  They are not too big.

Monken, the cakes look wonderful!  Cute cakes from a cute Monkey, what more can you ask for?

Thanks Bearly and everyone else! I haven't checked in to musings lately, i swear it has slipped my mind! I've barely had time to keep up on the Caylee thread either! I'll post some more pics now that I know how; I made all the kids individual cakes for Christmas this year, just for fun!  Love you all!!! Monken 

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #127 on: December 26, 2008, 11:21:42 AM »

Merry Christmas monkeys.  I have a suggestion, proposal to ask red, and admins/moderators.  Could we get a members only section in here, that guests cant read?  Just notice a lot of members are opening up with personal details, and because of the real friendly ties to fellow monkeys, it would be nice to have a members only area, that guests cant read.  Is this a dumb idea?  Anyways, just thought id ask 

Lucinda ~  This has been discussed off and on since I've been with Scared Monkeys, and I don't think there will be a members only area.  We're pretty transparent here.  Even with a "members only" area, you would need to exercise caution about personal information, imo.   Even  posters on what they believe to be PRIVATE forums  find their information and pictures  shared on the internet.   One thing you could do is have a free, throw away email like a hotmail account.  Don't use your real name or information when setting it up.  That way, if there is a problem, you can get rid of the account.  JMHO 

Edited to add:  You could email Klaas at smklaas@hotmail.com and ask her about it.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2008, 11:25:14 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #128 on: December 26, 2008, 12:54:16 PM »

Lucinda ~  This has been discussed off and on since I've been with Scared Monkeys, and I don't think there will be a members only area.  We're pretty transparent here.  Even with a "members only" area, you would need to exercise caution about personal information, imo.   Even  posters on what they believe to be PRIVATE forums  find their information and pictures  shared on the internet.   One thing you could do is have a free, throw away email like a hotmail account.  Don't use your real name or information when setting it up.  That way, if there is a problem, you can get rid of the account.  JMHO 

Edited to add:  You could email Klaas at smklaas@hotmail.com and ask her about it.

Muffy is right.  There won't be a private members area on SM.  Basically it is what you see is what you get.
CarolynV
Scared Monkey

« Reply #129 on: December 26, 2008, 05:08:22 PM »

Hi everyone. Just to note to let you know that our Zoe did not make it, she had a huge mass, and they made the decision  that nobody wants to make.

Thanks for your help.
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #130 on: December 26, 2008, 05:08:26 PM »

No idea or question is dumb..  The question you need to ask yourself is would you announce personal information in a public gathering such as a grocery or department store just because you happen to know 4-5 of the people there personally.  The internet is a very public forum no matter what safe guards are put into place.  It is possible to turn up even private forum information through a google search.  Some of those here use a secondary e-mail to communicate with those who are close and eventually may even share their primary contact e-mail.  Some of us just do not reveal more than what we know would be common knowledge anyway.  I have not had problems with giving out my e-mail addy just because of a firewall and a very stringent spam filter and reporting program.  Remember even if a person is an accepted member does not necessarily guarantee they are who they say they are.  On the other hand, this tends to be one of the safer forums you can participate in.  Just use caution and common sense.

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #131 on: December 26, 2008, 05:15:21 PM »

You have stated that very well, GreatOwl.  Thank you.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #132 on: December 26, 2008, 06:07:50 PM »

Hi everyone. Just to note to let you know that our Zoe did not make it, she had a huge mass, and they made the decision  that nobody wants to make.

Thanks for your help.

CarolynV,I am so sorry.I am sure this decision was very painful for you and my heart goes out to you.Take care.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #133 on: December 26, 2008, 06:12:26 PM »

No idea or question is dumb..  The question you need to ask yourself is would you announce personal information in a public gathering such as a grocery or department store just because you happen to know 4-5 of the people there personally.  The internet is a very public forum no matter what safe guards are put into place.  It is possible to turn up even private forum information through a google search.  Some of those here use a secondary e-mail to communicate with those who are close and eventually may even share their primary contact e-mail.  Some of us just do not reveal more than what we know would be common knowledge anyway.  I have not had problems with giving out my e-mail addy just because of a firewall and a very stringent spam filter and reporting program.  Remember even if a person is an accepted member does not necessarily guarantee they are who they say they are.  On the other hand, this tends to be one of the safer forums you can participate in.  Just use caution and common sense.

Nicely said GreatOwl.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #134 on: December 26, 2008, 06:14:05 PM »

I can tell you from past experience that RED will now NOT allow any private "members only" sections at SM.  Private areas only cause problems and he is against it.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2008, 06:57:42 PM by klaasend » Logged
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #135 on: December 26, 2008, 06:22:21 PM »

Thanks for your help.

I'm so sorry Carolyn 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #136 on: December 26, 2008, 10:24:21 PM »

Thread  in the monkey lounge to list New Year's Resolutions for 2009:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4299.msg599783#msg599783

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #137 on: December 26, 2008, 11:03:58 PM »

I have created a new forum at SM called FASHION.  Please feel free to start new topics in the FASHION forum

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?board=43.0
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #138 on: December 27, 2008, 03:10:09 AM »

Thanks for your help.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Lucinda
Monkey Junky

« Reply #139 on: December 27, 2008, 06:08:32 AM »

thats cool, I respect that. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.