April 27, 2024, 11:06:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #13 12/16/08 -02/02/09  (Read 191562 times)
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #200 on: January 06, 2009, 01:03:04 AM »

January 5th, we have signed a contract for the house rebuild and it was a rough ride (1 year and 3 months). We found a great (new)builder who has a wonderful decorator/designer working for/with him and preparation of the lot began today. He is within our budget and then some. I am happy and at peace for the first time in a long while.
I hope to post pictures at some point, to share my happiness with you all.

Thanks to all the monkeys, sweet angel Peaches included, who were here for me during this time.

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #201 on: January 06, 2009, 01:16:56 AM »

Anna, an adorable puppy with an adorable name. Thanks for showing us.

I forgot to add this. As some of you recall, I lost all family photos I had from my immediate family and my parents and all the photos they had (dating back to 1800's). I was depending on my cousin to get some of our family photos. Well guess what. She had sold her big house and bought a smaller one and was gutting it and completely redoing. She stored her antiques, photos, clothing for the cold season, etc while her house was being redone. Ike came through and took out their storage unit. Hundreds of units and only 6 were destroyed. Destroyed meaning, nothing was there---nothing.

My point in telling this is not for sympathy or anything else. My point is, do those things you think about right now. Do not procrastinate. Count your blessings.

Bottom line is, I feel blessed---even if a round about way. 

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
pinkbanana
Monkey Junky

« Reply #202 on: January 06, 2009, 05:08:50 PM »

Hi this is my first time in here....

I have a question...has there ever been a Monkey Reunion/get together ?
I have spoken with so many WONDERFUL people monkeys in here that I feel like I've known forever and I would LOVE to put faces with names. 
Even give some, some pink banana hugs.

pb

STILL Standing With The GIRL, Natalee Holloway!
Caylee Anthony, Rest In Peace Little SUNSHINE.
Where is Haleigh Cummings?
BLESS ALL THE CHILDREN! BLESS ALL THE MISSING! BLESS YOU!
Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #203 on: January 06, 2009, 05:28:35 PM »

Anna, an adorable puppy with an adorable name. Thanks for showing us.

I forgot to add this. As some of you recall, I lost all family photos I had from my immediate family and my parents and all the photos they had (dating back to 1800's). I was depending on my cousin to get some of our family photos. Well guess what. She had sold her big house and bought a smaller one and was gutting it and completely redoing. She stored her antiques, photos, clothing for the cold season, etc while her house was being redone. Ike came through and took out their storage unit. Hundreds of units and only 6 were destroyed. Destroyed meaning, nothing was there---nothing.

My point in telling this is not for sympathy or anything else. My point is, do those things you think about right now. Do not procrastinate. Count your blessings.

Bottom line is, I feel blessed---even if a round about way. 

Shell, I don't know the back story on the loss of your home, but you mentioned Hurricane Ike ... not asking you in particular where you live, but I'm in Southeast Texas, the Golden Triangle area... are you in this area as well ?   Was wondering if you lost your home during one of our hurricanes of the past few years. 

The naked truth is always better than the best dressed lie.
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #204 on: January 07, 2009, 09:24:39 PM »

I am so fricking excited tonight!! I got my dream job!! I am now the manager at a super duper upper class dog kennel complete with veterinary services! This place hasn't opened yet so I get to start from scratch with all the forms, files and decisions!! The owner called tonight and offered me the position. It was miraculous too b/c I hadn't heard from her since November. I went on another interview today and as I pulled up to the bldg I said a prayer. Thank you Lord for this opportunity but I really want the kennel job. Not more than one minute later, I get a v/m from Michelle asking me to call her. I waited till I got home and called, and she offered!! I am just walking on air right now!! This place will have luxury suites, warm water therapy pools, an outdoor pool in the shape of a milkbone with spitting fountains for the dogs to play in. They will also have a puppy program that will potty train your puppy while you are at work!!! I'm so impressed. This will encompass all my skills. Like I have been training my whole career for this place!! I even get to deal with OSHA and ADA!!

OK, that's it, just excited!!! Thanks for listening!!!       

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #205 on: January 07, 2009, 09:28:33 PM »

I am so fricking excited tonight!! I got my dream job!! I am now the manager at a super duper upper class dog kennel complete with veterinary services! This place hasn't opened yet so I get to start from scratch with all the forms, files and decisions!! The owner called tonight and offered me the position. It was miraculous too b/c I hadn't heard from her since November. I went on another interview today and as I pulled up to the bldg I said a prayer. Thank you Lord for this opportunity but I really want the kennel job. Not more than one minute later, I get a v/m from Michelle asking me to call her. I waited till I got home and called, and she offered!! I am just walking on air right now!! This place will have luxury suites, warm water therapy pools, an outdoor pool in the shape of a milkbone with spitting fountains for the dogs to play in. They will also have a puppy program that will potty train your puppy while you are at work!!! I'm so impressed. This will encompass all my skills. Like I have been training my whole career for this place!! I even get to deal with OSHA and ADA!!

HOW WONDERFULL BOO!!! 
I am so very happy for you!!  CONGRATS!!

higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #206 on: January 07, 2009, 09:28:59 PM »

Thats great Boo....congradulations,,,,,,sounds like a real cool place....YAY!

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #207 on: January 07, 2009, 09:30:11 PM »

Boo I am so happy for you...what a wonderful place to work and manage.  My guys would love it...they (sorry, I only have one now) would be right at home!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #208 on: January 07, 2009, 09:31:12 PM »

That's really cool.   Congratulations!
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #209 on: January 07, 2009, 09:31:47 PM »

Good for you Boo, sounds like a great job.
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #210 on: January 07, 2009, 09:33:08 PM »

Oh Booo. I am so excited for you. A pool. Joe is gonna want one now at daycare. Oh I forgot he is scared of water. Good for you I am so proud!

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #211 on: January 07, 2009, 09:33:47 PM »

Great news Boo. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

January 8th, 1935 On this day, a King was born !

« Reply #212 on: January 07, 2009, 09:33:53 PM »

Congratulations Boo...I'm very happy for you ! 

We will never be able to make a woman want her child. But we as a society could make a safe haven for those children in that situation. Let not one more child die from lack of wanting... We could call it the Caylee House.
rmcalo
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #213 on: January 07, 2009, 09:37:16 PM »

Hey, congrats!!! Don't you just love when your prayers are answered? This sounds wonderful. I have always wanted to work with animals myself. You are going to love it.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #214 on: January 07, 2009, 09:41:25 PM »

Congratualtions Boo!

Maybe you could make a booking/reservation for Mr. and Mrs. Tamikosmom for two weeks next summer.

Have you scaped your Christmas tree off the ceiling yet?

Hey ... how is your father doing?  IIRC ... his surgery was scheduled for January.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #215 on: January 07, 2009, 09:42:38 PM »

WOW - congratulations!  Sounds like a wonderful job!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #216 on: January 07, 2009, 09:46:57 PM »

Congratulations on your new job Boo !

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #217 on: January 07, 2009, 09:53:30 PM »

Wow Boo....that's great news!  I'm really excited for you; that company is lucky to have you.   
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #218 on: January 07, 2009, 10:16:29 PM »

Congrats, Boo! I'm so happy for you!! 

I Stand With The Girl
nicnic
Scared Monkey

« Reply #219 on: January 07, 2009, 10:43:09 PM »

Nic,Those are really nice photos. 

thank you! I just saw this..I'm slackin on my reading here!
It was hard work, but I loved every minute of it. except that one day, when I smashed my finger. also, there was a couple of days my knees had the worst carpet burn ever, but other than that..pure bliss! I've already drawn out the sketches for this year's Dickens show. The stage will have the toyshop, but will have victorian village buildings behind it, to make it look like a real street out of a dicken's novel. and the toyshop will be more 3-d. it will be like looking through a big window into the interior of it..
gosh I'm ranting! LOL. I'll post a pic of it.

p.s. Cbb and bearly- thank you! I'm glad you like the pics!
and I know this is totally beyond LATE, but CBB, your Christmas tree is absolutely gorgeous!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.