April 27, 2024, 01:45:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #13 12/16/08 -02/02/09  (Read 191529 times)
RaggedyAnn
Scared Monkey

« Reply #220 on: January 07, 2009, 10:49:26 PM »

CONGRATS Boo Monkey!!!  I have an obese minpin and a little yorkie and it would be wonderful to have a monkey like you to take care of them.  We are going on a cuise this summer and I am stressing about leaving my "babies".

Good luck!

I'm just a Raggedy Ann living in a Barbie doll world.
nicnic
Scared Monkey

« Reply #221 on: January 07, 2009, 10:54:13 PM »

here is what I wanted: ( but she (music director) said we had to keep the toyshoppe.LOL)

so..I had to change it to keep the toyshoppe..

and here's what the cover of the 2009 program will look like maybe:

I'll have to take pictures of the set so we can compare how close they end up looking like the sketches. Smile
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #222 on: January 08, 2009, 01:01:23 AM »

here is what I wanted: ( but she (music director) said we had to keep the toyshoppe.LOL)

I'll have to take pictures of the set so we can compare how close they end up looking like the sketches. Smile

Did you do these sketches?  Very nice!
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #223 on: January 08, 2009, 02:30:37 AM »

Bud's Girl---I lost my house in Firestorm '07. It was my cousin who lost the stored contents of her storage unit in Ike(family pictures). She was redoing a house and had antiques etc stored. I could have gotten a lot of photos from her but she lost hers too.

Klaas---I have been here sporadically lately and I did not know what happened to your FIL and nephew. Saying prayers for your family.

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #224 on: January 08, 2009, 02:36:14 AM »

Anna, an adorable puppy with an adorable name. Thanks for showing us.

I forgot to add this. As some of you recall, I lost all family photos I had from my immediate family and my parents and all the photos they had (dating back to 1800's). I was depending on my cousin to get some of our family photos. Well guess what. She had sold her big house and bought a smaller one and was gutting it and completely redoing. She stored her antiques, photos, clothing for the cold season, etc while her house was being redone. Ike came through and took out their storage unit. Hundreds of units and only 6 were destroyed. Destroyed meaning, nothing was there---nothing.

My point in telling this is not for sympathy or anything else. My point is, do those things you think about right now. Do not procrastinate. Count your blessings.

Bottom line is, I feel blessed---even if a round about way. 

Shell, I don't know the back story on the loss of your home, but you mentioned Hurricane Ike ... not asking you in particular where you live, but I'm in Southeast Texas, the Golden Triangle area... are you in this area as well ?   Was wondering if you lost your home during one of our hurricanes of the past few years. 

And yes, she lives in Southeast Texas, Golden Triangle area. The storage unit was wiped out. Her beach house was on Crystal Beach. She said it took 2 hours before she could even locate where her beach house was. All the landmarks were gone. Crystal Beach is pretty much gone, from what I hear. So sad. I have not been there in years, but it was where we spent many summers.

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #225 on: January 08, 2009, 02:40:02 AM »

I am so fricking excited tonight!! I got my dream job!! I am now the manager at a super duper upper class dog kennel complete with veterinary services! This place hasn't opened yet so I get to start from scratch with all the forms, files and decisions!! The owner called tonight and offered me the position. It was miraculous too b/c I hadn't heard from her since November. I went on another interview today and as I pulled up to the bldg I said a prayer. Thank you Lord for this opportunity but I really want the kennel job. Not more than one minute later, I get a v/m from Michelle asking me to call her. I waited till I got home and called, and she offered!! I am just walking on air right now!! This place will have luxury suites, warm water therapy pools, an outdoor pool in the shape of a milkbone with spitting fountains for the dogs to play in. They will also have a puppy program that will potty train your puppy while you are at work!!! I'm so impressed. This will encompass all my skills. Like I have been training my whole career for this place!! I even get to deal with OSHA and ADA!!

OK, that's it, just excited!!! Thanks for listening!!!       

Awww, that is wonderful. I often wish I had had a job in the past where I worked with animals. Vet, zoo, anything!

da sparkenator
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #226 on: January 08, 2009, 02:46:10 AM »

Congrats Boo!!!!   

What day is it?  How long have I been here?
nicnic
Scared Monkey

« Reply #227 on: January 08, 2009, 09:06:24 AM »

Did you do these sketches?  Very nice!

yep! with a good ole' bic lead pencil. haha.
thank you!
rmcalo
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #228 on: January 08, 2009, 10:31:43 AM »

Beautiful illustrations.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #229 on: January 08, 2009, 10:25:17 PM »

Incredible! WoW~

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #230 on: January 08, 2009, 10:48:39 PM »

Nicnic=  another artistic/clever/talented monkey. Very nice work.

nicnic
Scared Monkey

« Reply #231 on: January 08, 2009, 11:26:37 PM »

aww..thanks guys Smile
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #232 on: January 08, 2009, 11:49:49 PM »

Speaking of earthquakes/fires/hurricanes/tornados

Yes in Ca we have earthquakes and fires but I have also been through a a few hurricanes. Katrina and Ike, I was NOT there for but I do have family and friends who were there. My cousin was telling me about the snake problem---a friend went into his house and killed 7 snakes, the exterminator came and told him to leave the house immediately. Apparently, they lay their eggs in attic area and hatch there after water recedes. He said if he killed 7 or so in the lower part of the house, the attic was surely full of 100's of them. EWWW 

She also said there are still missing people, and when they (searchers)pulled back sections of the grass, they were finding bodies.  We do not always hear the extent of the problems people have. The story dies down. The aftermath is horrible. With the fire, we say we were all burned twice. Once by the fires, then again by how the insurance companys treated us. Not all insurance companys, but the majority of them. Then, after the rebuilding starts, the mortage companys hold on to needed money. Some folks are having to fight for their funds to be released.

Fires/earthquakes/ hurricanes/tornados/mudslides/avalanches etc---always something. It is  next to impossible to live anywhere that is disaster free. As life moves on, those who went through the disaster still deal with the aftermath. It is the same as losing someone to death or any event that makes a major change in ones life. We can't worry about those things, but we can give thanks when things are going well for us and offer prayers for those who are hurting.

blurrymonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #233 on: January 09, 2009, 12:41:20 AM »

I am so fricking excited tonight!! I got my dream job!! I am now the manager at a super duper upper class dog kennel complete with veterinary services! This place hasn't opened yet so I get to start from scratch with all the forms, files and decisions!! The owner called tonight and offered me the position. It was miraculous too b/c I hadn't heard from her since November. I went on another interview today and as I pulled up to the bldg I said a prayer. Thank you Lord for this opportunity but I really want the kennel job. Not more than one minute later, I get a v/m from Michelle asking me to call her. I waited till I got home and called, and she offered!! I am just walking on air right now!! This place will have luxury suites, warm water therapy pools, an outdoor pool in the shape of a milkbone with spitting fountains for the dogs to play in. They will also have a puppy program that will potty train your puppy while you are at work!!! I'm so impressed. This will encompass all my skills. Like I have been training my whole career for this place!! I even get to deal with OSHA and ADA!!

OK, that's it, just excited!!! Thanks for listening!!!       

Boo, I am SOOO happy for you!  That's wonderful news, and I'm sure you'll be great at it.  I too have been out of work, and I know how demoralizing it can be.  Congrats!
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #234 on: January 09, 2009, 09:06:19 AM »

Hi this is my first time in here....

I have a question...has there ever been a Monkey Reunion/get together ?
I have spoken with so many WONDERFUL people monkeys in here that I feel like I've known forever and I would LOVE to put faces with names. 
Even give some, some pink banana hugs.

pb

Pink, i think about this same thing all the time! I would love that. 

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
JuJu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #235 on: January 09, 2009, 09:28:24 AM »

morning monkey peeps!!!

I'm here Monken

Regrets, I've had a few......
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #236 on: January 09, 2009, 09:33:12 AM »

morning monkey peeps!!!

I'm here Monken

Hi, Juju, I was waiting for you on the Caylee thread! Sorry!

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #237 on: January 09, 2009, 09:34:08 AM »

When did you find out about your fibro? I was diagnosed  6 years ago.

Phaedrus
JuJu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #238 on: January 09, 2009, 09:37:11 AM »

i was diagnd back in the 80's when people had never heard of fibro.  it has been pure hell and i am just so tired from it

JuJu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #239 on: January 09, 2009, 09:43:53 AM »

i am sorry it takes me so long to reply...i have dial up

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.