April 27, 2024, 10:55:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #13 12/16/08 -02/02/09  (Read 191560 times)
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #300 on: January 14, 2009, 11:17:05 AM »

Lucinda:

I just wanted to send a great big monkey hug your way as I saw last night/early morning you felt like you were being ignored in the Caylee thread. 

I hardly ever see you on bc I think you are in a different continent?  But I just wanted to let you know that I read all of your posts and always enjoy them.  Never reply because you're always "offline" when I'm on. 

All monkeys are IMPORTANT!  You included and I hope this doesn't discurage you from returning!

Lovinlife

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #301 on: January 14, 2009, 02:03:19 PM »

Islandmonkey,

Have I mentioned that I want to live where you do?!?!?!?!?! It's snowing here and 7 degrees, why do we do this to ourselves?  My son's school is about .75 mi from where we live but it's in a rural area so there aren't many sidewalks. 

I have seen you post before about your little place of paradise and if I ever figure out how, I'm planting myself right there with ya!

Lovin

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #302 on: January 14, 2009, 02:55:54 PM »

Islandmonkey,

Have I mentioned that I want to live where you do?!?!?!?!?! It's snowing here and 7 degrees, why do we do this to ourselves?  My son's school is about .75 mi from where we live but it's in a rural area so there aren't many sidewalks. 

I have seen you post before about your little place of paradise and if I ever figure out how, I'm planting myself right there with ya!

Lovin

Well, come on then! We consider it freezing when it gets below 60 degrees, brrrrrrrr. But in all seriousness, where we live his school is on the beach and it has the highest level of parent involvement in the school, it's a wonderful charter school and it actually became a school when a very wise, compassionate man donated his home on the beach for the beach kids to go to school on the Island. We live 1/2 a block away and sometime I drive him on my way to work, but mostly he skateboards. Zero crime, unless you include a bar fight once or twice a yr., no locked doors, no fences, everyone looks out for you, h@ll we don't even take the keys out of the car at night. I wish everyone could enjoy our blessed piece of heaven. By the way, what state do you live in??

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #303 on: January 14, 2009, 03:37:07 PM »

Islandmonkey,

I live in NE Ohio and let me tell ya when that big snow machine (AKA Lake Erie) starts pumping look out.  My mom has a beach house in SC so I love the ocean and always have.  I have looked at your myspace and photographs (beautiful by the way) and always take a mental vacation, even when I can't take a physical one.  A friend of mine lives on Sanibel Island, FL and is always teasing me to come down there and work.  Too much family up here at this point but it still sits in the back of my mind.  You just never know.  It does sound like Heaven on earth though!  It sounds like a wonderful, safe place to raise kids & also enjoy your golden years.

Lovin

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #304 on: January 14, 2009, 04:18:01 PM »

Islandmonkey,

I live in NE Ohio and let me tell ya when that big snow machine (AKA Lake Erie) starts pumping look out.  My mom has a beach house in SC so I love the ocean and always have.  I have looked at your myspace and photographs (beautiful by the way) and always take a mental vacation, even when I can't take a physical one.  A friend of mine lives on Sanibel Island, FL and is always teasing me to come down there and work.  Too much family up here at this point but it still sits in the back of my mind.  You just never know.  It does sound like Heaven on earth though!  It sounds like a wonderful, safe place to raise kids & also enjoy your golden years.

Lovin

It is~LOl about the Golden yrs as I'm just 40yrs old ....I grew up in the Carolina when I was in elementary school, where in SC does she live. I'm glad you can take a mental vacation to myspace. I see alot of cars from Ohio when I am in Destin, Fl.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #305 on: January 14, 2009, 05:12:24 PM »

Islandmonkey~

I DID NOT mean you were in your golden years, just that it sounds like a good place to stay and enjoy your golden years WHEN they get here!  I did not mean to imply you were old!  I'm on the downward slide to 40 myself and feel like I'm still 21! 

My mom has a place in Surfside Beach, just south of Myrtle.  She stays there about 60%of the time but comes home to Ohio for the summers because she can't stand to be away from her kids/grandkids!  My brother is mentally handycaped and he still lives here in OH in a group home.  We lost my Dad last year (they were together 50yrs) so she gets awfully lonely.  She also rents it for the summer to absorb some of the costs. 

Dolce has teased me a ton about Ohio drivers! So I know there are a lot of "snow birds" down that way.  I'm going to look your little slice of heaven up on the map and target that with Monster.com!  You just never know!  I'm in accounting and that is a very flexable field. 

Lovin

Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #306 on: January 14, 2009, 05:37:14 PM »

Islandmonkey~

I see you're near the panhandle.  HHHMMM isn't there a military base there in Pensacola?  Job opportunities are probably pretty good? 

Lovin

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #307 on: January 14, 2009, 06:14:18 PM »

Islandmonkey~

I see you're near the panhandle.  HHHMMM isn't there a military base there in Pensacola?  Job opportunities are probably pretty good? 

Lovin

Yes, I live on Pensacola Beach and there is the Navy base is P-cola, there is Ft. Eglin near Ft. Walton and another base near Navarre .......so, should be plenty of job opp's. Actually, when I was looking for a pplace to move I had it narrowed down to 2 places in Florida, one near Naples and P-Cola Beach. I loved the fact that the Island had controlled access and such great schools, so I landed here. It was also the only place that gave me a guaranteed minimum salary which is rare because I work in a commision based job, so I think an accounting background would serve you well here. I moved here right after my 40th birthday, it was always a dream to live someone on the Redneck Riviera, so I say go for it. I wish I would have done it years ago. You'd love it no doubt.

I grew up going to Myrtle Beach and Garden City because we lived about 60 miles inland, but the water and sand are so different there than here~it's really hard to go back because I, nor my kids really ever want to leave. We even stay here for our vacation.

[
JuJu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #308 on: January 15, 2009, 09:35:04 AM »

Hi Island!

I live in Mobile, Al, but I go to gulf shores every chance i get....your photos and postcards are beautiful!  i refer to myself as beach bitch...lol...i feel like i am at "home" there....it soothes my soul

Regrets, I've had a few......
JuJu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #309 on: January 15, 2009, 09:40:21 AM »

Hi Monken,

how are you doing?  you can find a lot of information at Fibromyalgia.net, and National Fibromyalgia Association

Regrets, I've had a few......
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #310 on: January 15, 2009, 09:52:57 AM »

Islandmonkey~

ITA about the Gulf, the water and sand are truly something to be seen.  Do you get to do much snokling?  Do you get to see much sea life?  We used to vacation near Sarasota but mom & dad wanted a place that they could drive to from here in a day trip, so they went w/Myrtle area.  It's OK, but not as pretty as the gulf coast!

Lovin

Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #311 on: January 15, 2009, 10:44:02 AM »

Numbersgirl~

Just wanted to say hello  and see how you were doing?  Keeping up w/work and the Caylee case?  I can't seem to get caught up so I just skip ahead sometimes!  I can't beleive January is almost over!  I hope all is well!

lovinlife

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #312 on: January 15, 2009, 11:10:02 AM »

Hi Island!

I live in Mobile, Al, but I go to gulf shores every chance i get....your photos and postcards are beautiful!  i refer to myself as beach bitch...lol...i feel like i am at "home" there....it soothes my soul

H$ll, you're technically my neighbor
thanks for your compliments on the photos, although it is HARD to take a bad photo on the beach don't you think..........the one in my siggy line was actually taken by my 8yr old son. I've been called the bitch all my life, but hey-I worked hard for that title, and yes I feel very calm and decompressed every day once my car crosses over onto the Island, I'm NEVER moving...nnnnever!

[
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #313 on: January 15, 2009, 11:14:29 AM »

Islandmonkey~

ITA about the Gulf, the water and sand are truly something to be seen.  Do you get to do much snokling?  Do you get to see much sea life?  We used to vacation near Sarasota but mom & dad wanted a place that they could drive to from here in a day trip, so they went w/Myrtle area.  It's OK, but not as pretty as the gulf coast!

Lovin

Well, no I don't snorkel too much here~I was spoiled by the snorkeling in Provodenciales TCI~IMO, the most beautiful snorkeling anywhere. I do dee quita a bit of sea life. Last yr when I first moved my son and I saw a HUGE sea turtle, he was at least 5 foot across in diamater, but he was injured by a jet ski and dying, I swam out there and pulled him as close to shore as I could get him/her (?) and called the Island Authority, only after that did I realize I was shark bait out there with a wounded sea turtle. More than anything we see dolphins really close, they are very playful here and the young ones ride the waves in like kids, it's so amazing to watch.

[
numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #314 on: January 15, 2009, 03:29:48 PM »

Lovinlife...Hi..thanks for thinking of me!  Yeah, I'm with you on time flying.  I can't believe it's the middle of January already.  I try to keep up with the Caylee case as much as I can.  SM always has the latest and I sneak a few peeks during work (don't tell the boss).  How are things with you?  I saw that you and your son were sledding..I bet that was a blast.  Hopefully you'll be able to go again this weekend...a little warm-up is coming.   
numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #315 on: January 15, 2009, 03:51:20 PM »

Hey there Admiral (Seasearcher)...so sorry to hear of all you're going through.  Two years ago my brother had a re-occurence of Hodgkin's Disease.  First time was 13 years ago and then wham! got it again.  He was lucky enough to be treated at Cleveland Clinic the second time...WONDERFUL PLACE!  He had a stem cell transplant and is doing great.  If you would like any information about it, please let me know.  I know exactly how you feel right now...I was terrified but his treatment went beautifully and I am so grateful. Please know, there's much hope.  Please let me know if I can do anything.
Lucinda
Monkey Junky

« Reply #316 on: January 16, 2009, 07:10:53 AM »

Lucinda:

I just wanted to send a great big monkey hug your way as I saw last night/early morning you felt like you were being ignored in the Caylee thread. 

I hardly ever see you on bc I think you are in a different continent?  But I just wanted to let you know that I read all of your posts and always enjoy them.  Never reply because you're always "offline" when I'm on. 

All monkeys are IMPORTANT!  You included and I hope this doesn't discurage you from returning!

Lovinlife

Thanks mate, Im really embarrassed about my tantrum/spit.  I want to eat all my words up.  Noone has ever made me feel ignored in here, was just being in a self pity mode.  I get that way at times, depression its called.  I realise that when this room goes fast, posts go unmissed, I am guilty of that myself trying to keep up.  I will never stop posting in here, this is the best site on the whole internet.  Please everyone forgive me for my tanty the other morning.  Im OK, and Im sorry for my outburst.  I love you guys, you all are awesome.

Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

January 8th, 1935 On this day, a King was born !

« Reply #317 on: January 16, 2009, 08:40:30 AM »

Hey there Admiral (Seasearcher)...so sorry to hear of all you're going through.  Two years ago my brother had a re-occurence of Hodgkin's Disease.  First time was 13 years ago and then wham! got it again.  He was lucky enough to be treated at Cleveland Clinic the second time...WONDERFUL PLACE!  He had a stem cell transplant and is doing great.  If you would like any information about it, please let me know.  I know exactly how you feel right now...I was terrified but his treatment went beautifully and I am so grateful. Please know, there's much hope.  Please let me know if I can do anything.

I appreciate your thoughts numbersgirl...I know the names of some of these medical things but have little of no knowledge of them..My sis had Hodgkin's about 5 years ago and they treated it with chemo/radiation...supposedly it was wiped out 100% but I struggle with the whole concept anyway and don't trust doctors at all..so we'll see. At this point, they don't believe the new lump is related..they tested her thyroid? and lymph system?? in what ever way docs do that and say results were negative..they suspect it may just be scar tissue built up around an old wire that's still in her from a previous pacemaker...she is 100% dependent on a pacemaker to live, if it stops..she stops.. I think they want to be sure what it is before removing this old wire (that's what I've been told by my mum who is in contact with her all the time) the docs are concerned because she is always very tired..I don't know why that would be a concern as I always tired too.. but my  mum is known to keep things from me so I don't get stressed..which has the opposite effect because I know this..

We'll just have to wait for more info after the CT scan? which is in a couple of weeks...unfortunately the Clinic you mentioned is not an option...she's in England and not allowed over here (long story) so she's stuck with socialized medicine (Obama fans take note) which is substandard to the American heath system..hopefully things are going to turn out all right..she's been through a lot in her life and I hope hasn't run out of lives, but the cat's all come to her for advise on long living 

Again thanks for the kind words...I'll jot your name down too (seems like a few monkeys have medical backgrounds) if I have any questions...I'll look you up 

my dad has a sign on his office was that says " A friend in need, is a bloody nuisance" don't know why, but it just came to mind.. 

We will never be able to make a woman want her child. But we as a society could make a safe haven for those children in that situation. Let not one more child die from lack of wanting... We could call it the Caylee House.
numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #318 on: January 16, 2009, 11:26:12 AM »

Thanks for the reply Admiral-Sea...I'll keep you and Sis in my prayers.  I will share this with you...when my brother was diagnosed a second time, I was beyond worried.  The first time, he was treated conventionally (like your Sis), and had the "all-clear" for many years.  The second time, doctors didn't know if it was a "new cancer" or a re-occurence of the old.  Didn't matter though....much, much better treatment this time around.  Like your Sis, his heart was weakened by the first round of chemo.  Anyway..please know that new meds, etc. have brought him back around and even his heart disease is controlled...please try not to be too stressed.  Medicine has come a very long way even in 5 short years.  Cleveland Clinic is really first rate (especially for heart) and folks come from all over the world to be treated there.  There's a chance they could get her into US as part of their research program.  Please, please let me know if I can help!
GabbyG
Scared Monkey

« Reply #319 on: January 16, 2009, 02:32:20 PM »

Hi everyone!  I want to make an effort at not being so shy, and post more often to get acquainted with everyone. I have been a Monkey since Natalee's case but havent posted much because I am still on dinosaur dialup and it's SO slow!! I have decided to just suffer with the "slow" and go ahead and post, one of my New Year's resolutions is to make an effort at participating in Scared Monkeys. Anyway I thought I would come chat here too to get better acquainted.
SS and Numbers, I am so sorry for the health problems in your families! Sending prayers up that answers will be found to help your loved ones.
I do medical transcription at home, typing doctors' dictation, have done this for 33 years and have had exposure to almost all the specialties, and have also taught several courses on medical terminology. One thing I can help with is taking medical terms and breaking them down into layman's language, so if I can help anyone with that just let me know, I will be happy to try to help you understand the medical jargon a little better. I can also share some very good medical and medicine links on the net for specific info. Just let me know if I can help, I will be happy to.

Please Angels, watch over all our lost children.

My Emmy, my ears. I am deaf and my Lab Emmy hears for me, and does her job well! She is my fur baby and is much loved. Applaud our working animals, they have earned it.

"A lie told a thousand times becomes the truth" -- Joran van der Sloot
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.