April 27, 2024, 05:45:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #13 12/16/08 -02/02/09  (Read 191549 times)
Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

January 8th, 1935 On this day, a King was born !

« Reply #320 on: January 16, 2009, 03:28:57 PM »

Hi everyone!  I want to make an effort at not being so shy, and post more often to get acquainted with everyone. I have been a Monkey since Natalee's case but havent posted much because I am still on dinosaur dialup and it's SO slow!! I have decided to just suffer with the "slow" and go ahead and post, one of my New Year's resolutions is to make an effort at participating in Scared Monkeys. Anyway I thought I would come chat here too to get better acquainted.
SS and Numbers, I am so sorry for the health problems in your families! Sending prayers up that answers will be found to help your loved ones.
I do medical transcription at home, typing doctors' dictation, have done this for 33 years and have had exposure to almost all the specialties, and have also taught several courses on medical terminology. One thing I can help with is taking medical terms and breaking them down into layman's language, so if I can help anyone with that just let me know, I will be happy to try to help you understand the medical jargon a little better. I can also share some very good medical and medicine links on the net for specific info. Just let me know if I can help, I will be happy to.

Thanks for the prayers Gabby...I know how you feel...I've been here since NH but didn't start posting a lot until recently in the Caylee thread..jump right in..everyone's great... and very patient in my case 

I really appreciate the offer to explain the medical jargon..that's where I really get lost..
I think any word with more than 12 letters in it should come with subtitles 

Thanks Again
SS

We will never be able to make a woman want her child. But we as a society could make a safe haven for those children in that situation. Let not one more child die from lack of wanting... We could call it the Caylee House.
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #321 on: January 16, 2009, 03:30:13 PM »

Hi everyone!  I want to make an effort at not being so shy, and post more often to get acquainted with everyone. I have been a Monkey since Natalee's case but havent posted much because I am still on dinosaur dialup and it's SO slow!! I have decided to just suffer with the "slow" and go ahead and post, one of my New Year's resolutions is to make an effort at participating in Scared Monkeys. Anyway I thought I would come chat here too to get better acquainted.
SS and Numbers, I am so sorry for the health problems in your families! Sending prayers up that answers will be found to help your loved ones.
I do medical transcription at home, typing doctors' dictation, have done this for 33 years and have had exposure to almost all the specialties, and have also taught several courses on medical terminology. One thing I can help with is taking medical terms and breaking them down into layman's language, so if I can help anyone with that just let me know, I will be happy to try to help you understand the medical jargon a little better. I can also share some very good medical and medicine links on the net for specific info. Just let me know if I can help, I will be happy to.

Hi GabbyG, nice to meet you.  I too am trying to expand myself outside of the Caylee thread!  And also trying not to lose my job doing it!

A-1 glad you made it safely to your destination!

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #322 on: January 16, 2009, 03:33:29 PM »

Hey there Gabby!  It's good to see you again.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #323 on: January 16, 2009, 04:27:24 PM »

Hi Gabby....thanks so much.  Prayers mean alot.  When my brother was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Disease 13 years ago, my parents were still living.  He moved back home and they took care of him.  He was sooo sick from the chemo.  I would go to my parents house for lunch, dinner and on weekends to help out, give them a break and just be there for all three of them.  It broke my heart to see him suffer.  Since that time, both parents have died and my brother lives 1 hour away.  I was so scared trying to figure out how I could take care of him.  Long story short....he went to Cleveland Clinic and the treatment was completely different.  There are much better therapies today and he really didn't suffer like before.  I will be foreever grateful for what we experienced there.  It truly changed my life experiencing the level of care and compassion we received.  He's doing very well now and I know that each day is a gift.  Thank you so much for your kind offer.  I will watch for you in the cage...please don't be shy. ((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))  Numbers
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #324 on: January 16, 2009, 04:41:00 PM »

Awesome photo that San emailed me today from work of the plane crash/landing on the Hudson yesterday:

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #325 on: January 16, 2009, 04:44:10 PM »

Awesome photo that San emailed me today from work of the plane crash/landing on the Hudson yesterday:

WOW...great picture...thanks San and Klaas............this truly was a miracle!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #326 on: January 16, 2009, 05:07:59 PM »

WOW...great picture...thanks San and Klaas............this truly was a miracle!!

I agree. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
GabbyG
Scared Monkey

« Reply #327 on: January 16, 2009, 05:19:44 PM »

Thanks for the prayers Gabby...I know how you feel...I've been here since NH but didn't start posting a lot until recently in the Caylee thread..jump right in..everyone's great... and very patient in my case 

I really appreciate the offer to explain the medical jargon..that's where I really get lost..
I think any word with more than 12 letters in it should come with subtitles 

Thanks Again
SS

Hi SS, thanks for your comment! I had a BIG grin about medical terms needing subtitles   haha  GREAT way to say it, and you are absolutely right! It's odd that even yet today most doctors dont seem to be aware that they really NEED to use layman's language when talking to patients and families.

Please Angels, watch over all our lost children.

My Emmy, my ears. I am deaf and my Lab Emmy hears for me, and does her job well! She is my fur baby and is much loved. Applaud our working animals, they have earned it.

"A lie told a thousand times becomes the truth" -- Joran van der Sloot
GabbyG
Scared Monkey

« Reply #328 on: January 16, 2009, 05:33:57 PM »

Hi Gabby....thanks so much.  Prayers mean alot.  When my brother was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Disease 13 years ago, my parents were still living.  He moved back home and they took care of him.  He was sooo sick from the chemo.  I would go to my parents house for lunch, dinner and on weekends to help out, give them a break and just be there for all three of them.  It broke my heart to see him suffer.  Since that time, both parents have died and my brother lives 1 hour away.  I was so scared trying to figure out how I could take care of him.  Long story short....he went to Cleveland Clinic and the treatment was completely different.  There are much better therapies today and he really didn't suffer like before.  I will be foreever grateful for what we experienced there.  It truly changed my life experiencing the level of care and compassion we received.  He's doing very well now and I know that each day is a gift.  Thank you so much for your kind offer.  I will watch for you in the cage...please don't be shy. ((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))  Numbers

Im SO glad things are going so well now Numbers, that's awesome!! Prayers DO come true! And thanks for your welcome, and you too Muffy! Your words are much appreciated! I am looking forward to interacting a lot more. major {{{{{hugggggs}}}}} back!

Please Angels, watch over all our lost children.

My Emmy, my ears. I am deaf and my Lab Emmy hears for me, and does her job well! She is my fur baby and is much loved. Applaud our working animals, they have earned it.

"A lie told a thousand times becomes the truth" -- Joran van der Sloot
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #329 on: January 16, 2009, 06:15:34 PM »

Should I enter this into our Missing Person Database??

Feces-tossing monkey missing from Clearwater

January 14, 2009
CLEARWATER, Fla. (AP) - A monkey is on the loose in Tampa Bay.

Wildlife officials say the rhesus monkey isn't dangerous but the species is known to throw feces when mad.

Authorities have been trying to capture the primate since Tuesday afternoon. It managed to evade a bucket truck and tranquilizer dart.

Gary Morse with the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission says the adult male is thought to have escaped from an unlicensed source. It was last seen in Clearwater.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/sfl-bn-0114monkey,0,2612638.story

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #330 on: January 17, 2009, 12:04:51 PM »

Nut.............

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #331 on: January 18, 2009, 03:57:40 AM »

Imagine being in your 50's and everything you have worked for and accumulated, including things of sentimental value, daily use and otherwise, is reduced to a horrible stench and ashes. Every heirloom and relic is ash. Every photo of all relatives many as far back as the 1800's and your children from birth onward, is reduced to ashes. No photos: baby books, first drawings, confirmations, Easters, Christmas mornings, first day of school. All those events one takes a photo of. Grandfathers highchair, Great Grandfathers letter to his parents from the gold rush, your childs first drawing and first day at school and many, many more cherished momentos are all gone. They do live in the memory. That is the good news.

You can't even imagine until it happens to you. And it probably will not.

Our lot is graded and trenched in preparation for the foundation. That is a wonderful thing but, the loss still sometimes overwhelms me. If I get emotional on other threads, please try to understand. I am getting closer to going home. It has been an emotional journey.

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
dottie
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #332 on: January 18, 2009, 03:58:48 AM »

Islandmonkey~

I DID NOT mean you were in your golden years, just that it sounds like a good place to stay and enjoy your golden years WHEN they get here!  I did not mean to imply you were old!  I'm on the downward slide to 40 myself and feel like I'm still 21! 

My mom has a place in Surfside Beach, just south of Myrtle.  She stays there about 60%of the time but comes home to Ohio for the summers because she can't stand to be away from her kids/grandkids!  My brother is mentally handycaped and he still lives here in OH in a group home.  We lost my Dad last year (they were together 50yrs) so she gets awfully lonely.  She also rents it for the summer to absorb some of the costs. 

Dolce has teased me a ton about Ohio drivers! So I know there are a lot of "snow birds" down that way.  I'm going to look your little slice of heaven up on the map and target that with Monster.com!  You just never know!  I'm in accounting and that is a very flexable field. 

Lovin

Hey Lovinlife, I was just reading your post and just wanted to say that my mom also has a place at Surfside Beach does the same thing stays about 60% of the time to be a resident.  Do you have a throw away e-mail address.  We'll have to see if they know each other.  It's a close knit community.  My mom & Dad are from NC. 
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #333 on: January 18, 2009, 03:06:41 PM »

I was going to try to do some basic computer advice but looks like no one is here. I only do Windows so I can not be of any help on a mac.

The first thing I need is for you to identify which browser you are using. Mozzila or Internet Explorer. Might be a couple of extra steps for Mozilla.

Ok Basically if you need to rid your computer of cookies.

choose 1. Start
2 programs
3 accessories
4 disc cleanup

after disc cleanup comes up you get a menu that says which disc do you want to clean up?

Choose C

It will take a short while depending on how long it has been since your last clean up but first it will tell you which things you can safely get rid of . Primarily you want to get rid of temporary files.

Just a swinging with the tribe
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #334 on: January 18, 2009, 03:08:58 PM »

I will give instructions for disc defragment later unless Klaas or San or some other smart monkey does them first. It is my nap time.

Just a swinging with the tribe
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #335 on: January 18, 2009, 03:10:53 PM »

Imagine being in your 50's and everything you have worked for and accumulated, including things of sentimental value, daily use and otherwise, is reduced to a horrible stench and ashes. Every heirloom and relic is ash. Every photo of all relatives many as far back as the 1800's and your children from birth onward, is reduced to ashes. No photos: baby books, first drawings, confirmations, Easters, Christmas mornings, first day of school. All those events one takes a photo of. Grandfathers highchair, Great Grandfathers letter to his parents from the gold rush, your childs first drawing and first day at school and many, many more cherished momentos are all gone. They do live in the memory. That is the good news.

You can't even imagine until it happens to you. And it probably will not.

Our lot is graded and trenched in preparation for the foundation. That is a wonderful thing but, the loss still sometimes overwhelms me. If I get emotional on other threads, please try to understand. I am getting closer to going home. It has been an emotional journey.

Shell,I can't imagine the pain you've been through with losing all those things that meant so much to you.
I'm happy for you in that things are moving forward for you.Just remember every day you are closer to going home.Oh what a wonderful day that will be.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #336 on: January 18, 2009, 03:18:35 PM »

I was swinging on the swings in the park in Austin.  It is 70 degerees here.  I asked my Granddaughter if she likes snow.  She said "no, it doesn't snow in Austin, cause if it did God would have to change the rules.  Hmmmm, I guess shes's right.  A1

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #337 on: January 18, 2009, 03:21:23 PM »

I see people mentioning problems with ads on the SM site in the Caylee thread. I just want to tell those who use Firefox this:

I run Windows XP and I use Firefox (version 2.0.0.20) as my browser. Since I started using an extension called AdBlock Plus (version 1.0.1) I see NO ads on the SM forum. NONE at all. No popups, no still ads. NONE. You can find the extension by doing a simple google search for it.

I hope this helps some people. I am going to post this in the thread about computer help, if I can find it Wink

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #338 on: January 18, 2009, 03:22:35 PM »

Hey Always  Glad you're enjoying good weather. Have fun. 

~ Peter Frampton
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #339 on: January 18, 2009, 03:24:44 PM »

Hey Always  Glad you're enjoying good weather. Have fun. 
Thank you.!!!!

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.