April 27, 2024, 10:31:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #13 12/16/08 -02/02/09  (Read 191558 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #360 on: January 19, 2009, 07:51:57 PM »

SunnyinTX ~  I just LOVE your Tim avatar! 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
blurrymonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #361 on: January 19, 2009, 09:13:41 PM »

Just wanted to say that I've got over my snit, and many thanks for everyone's kind words.  I apologize, having driven around for a while and played "Piece Of My Heart" at top volume, I now feel halfway human.

Fuzzy is partly right--the word "suicide" did jump right out at me, but, as always there is more to the story.

I am not comfortable with armchair diagnoses of mental disorders, or physical ones, for that matter. 

My husband left a note that he thought he had Parkinson's disease, and the principal at his school later told me she had advised him at the end of the school year to see a doctor, because she thought he might be diabetic.  He refused to see a doctor, so I don't know to this day what was the matter with him, except that he was in a bad place in his life.  He never had any diagnosis of anything, he just decided that he had an incurable disease, and that life was intolerable.

He shot himself the day he was supposed to start back teaching school.

I'm putting this here, because I don't want to start a pity party, especially in a new cage.

Thanks.

Janetruth, I left a general post for all in the conversation this afternoon in the Caylee thread, but I don't think your response was out of line, with what you've endured.  I was so sad and shocked when I heard your story.  You'll be in my prayers.

I completely agree with you about amateur diagnoses, mental or otherwise.  I had an experience with it recently.  I was frantic because I had severe abdominal pain and was terrified of surgery, cancer, etc.  The doctors couldn't figure it out and ran tons of tests, but it was probably just a pulled or torn muscle.

Anyway, monkey hugs to you and I hope the whole topic didn't upset you too much.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #362 on: January 19, 2009, 09:14:57 PM »

Free cosmetics available at many department stores  Anyone in the Houston vicinity?
By MARY FLOOD
Copyright 2009 Houston Chronicle
Jan. 19, 2009, 7:05PM
Free upscale mascara, perfume and body lotion will be available in some Houston department stores on Tuesday in what is no doubt the sweetest smelling national class-action lawsuit settlement ever.

A 2003 California lawsuit filed against department stores and cosmetics manufacturers alleged the businesses conspired to keep prestige cosmetics prices high. The case settled and though no wrong doing was admitted, the result was a $175 million giveaway in which each eligible consumer gets one free piece of make up or fragrance worth from $18 to $25.

The stores in Houston that will set up a giveaway table near their cosmetics counters Tuesday morning are Macy’s, Dillard’s, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom and Saks Fifth Avenue.
<snipped>

COSMETICS GIVEAWAY

Cosmetics available at some stores include:

• Chanel’s Coco Mademoiselle body lotion (3.4 fluid oz)

• Clarins Energizing Morning Cream (30 ml)

• Calvin Klein Euphoria Bath and Shower Crème (6.7 oz)

• Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair (15 ml/0.5 oz)

• Clinique Moisture Surge (30 ml/1 oz)

• My Insolence Eau de Toilette (15 ml)

• Lancôme Fatale Mascara

• Ralph Lauren Romance Shower Gel (6.7 oz.)

• Very Irresistible Givenchy Eau de Toilette (15 ml)

SOURCE: www.cosmeticssettlement.com
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/6219677.html

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
blurrymonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #363 on: January 19, 2009, 09:19:40 PM »

Just wanted to say that I've got over my snit, and many thanks for everyone's kind words.  I apologize, having driven around for a while and played "Piece Of My Heart" at top volume, I now feel halfway human.

Fuzzy is partly right--the word "suicide" did jump right out at me, but, as always there is more to the story.

I am not comfortable with armchair diagnoses of mental disorders, or physical ones, for that matter. 

My husband left a note that he thought he had Parkinson's disease, and the principal at his school later told me she had advised him at the end of the school year to see a doctor, because she thought he might be diabetic.  He refused to see a doctor, so I don't know to this day what was the matter with him, except that he was in a bad place in his life.  He never had any diagnosis of anything, he just decided that he had an incurable disease, and that life was intolerable.

He shot himself the day he was supposed to start back teaching school.

I'm putting this here, because I don't want to start a pity party, especially in a new cage.

Thanks.

Janetruth, I left a general post for all in the conversation this afternoon in the Caylee thread, but I don't think your response was out of line, with what you've endured.  I was so sad and shocked when I heard your story.  You'll be in my prayers.

I completely agree with you about amateur diagnoses, mental or otherwise.  I had an experience with it recently.  I was frantic because I had severe abdominal pain and was terrified of surgery, cancer, etc.  The doctors couldn't figure it out and ran tons of tests, but it was probably just a pulled or torn muscle.

Anyway, monkey hugs to you and I hope the whole topic didn't upset you too much.

Maybe I'm too tired to post.  My second paragraph has no point unless I mention that a family member who'd had her gallbladder removed and I had diagnosed it as that, and I spent a lot of time worrying over nothing.
janetruth
Scared Monkey

« Reply #364 on: January 20, 2009, 12:39:14 AM »

The more I learn, the more I realize that I don't know anything.

Thanks, monkeys!

I am sorry that others are going through hard times...
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #365 on: January 20, 2009, 12:47:35 AM »

Hi Jane;
I was reading here this afternoon and the armchair musings and diagnosis of Casey
was getting to me.
A person never knows sometimes what another person has in their mind. 
I was very sorry to hear about your husband. I know that it must be very difficult to deal with his death. From my family, I know that we carried on to the extreme for at least two years being angry at my cousin, angry at her mother, angry at her ex husband angry at his new wife and just plain angry at the entire world. I was even angry at the minister who conducted the funeral service.
Sometimes I have to let go and let God.
I don't think anyone was being unkind on purpose, but something struck a nerve with me also. I understood what you said at the time you made your post.
Please take care.

janetruth
Scared Monkey

« Reply #366 on: January 20, 2009, 09:35:41 AM »

Hi Jane;
I was reading here this afternoon and the armchair musings and diagnosis of Casey
was getting to me.
A person never knows sometimes what another person has in their mind. 
I was very sorry to hear about your husband. I know that it must be very difficult to deal with his death. From my family, I know that we carried on to the extreme for at least two years being angry at my cousin, angry at her mother, angry at her ex husband angry at his new wife and just plain angry at the entire world. I was even angry at the minister who conducted the funeral service.
Sometimes I have to let go and let God.
I don't think anyone was being unkind on purpose, but something struck a nerve with me also. I understood what you said at the time you made your post.
Please take care.

Thing is, I get to feeling sorry for myself.  I have two grown daughters, each of whom has one son.  I have a son in college.  I really have no other family living.

Jim and I had been married for seven years, after being friends for 15.  I had loved him without letting him know for eleven of those years.  Of course, he was the only one who didn't know.

I thought I knew him.  I thought life with him would be my reward for a lifetime of loneliness, in or out of marriage.  I thought there was nothing that we couldn't get through together.

It has been 17 months since it happened, and I am no closer to understanding it than I was the next day.  I've just got used to sleeping without him next to me.  Sometimes I tell myself that there are things I will never understand.  Black holes.  Internal combustion engines.  My husband's suicide.  At other times, I just rage.

Thanks for helping.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #367 on: January 20, 2009, 11:50:14 AM »

Shell ~ SunnyinTX's post says it for me too.  No, I've never had a catastrophic loss as you have, but after you have shared your experiences with us, it has made me sit up and pay attention and do a household inventory, video'd my belongs, got with my insurance agent and made changes to the policy, have started scanning photos, and yet I realized I still don't think I could be prepared for what you have been through.  It would just make a terrible thing more bearable.  And I thank you for sharing with us, with what you are feeling, with the advice you've given and I wish I could ease your sadness.  You've been a monkey friend to us here for a long, long time. 

All good things to do....we have a safety deposit box where I put special mementos...pictures (originals) I ad photo copies and keep the photo copies at home...but the originals are in the box....other things that mean something to me but have no value to anyone else..I do the same thing with....

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #368 on: January 20, 2009, 11:51:29 AM »

SunnyinTX ~  I just LOVE your Tim avatar! 

Thanks Muffy...ME TOO!!!  little txlady posted it and I grabbed it and Klaas made it into the avie for me....

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #369 on: January 20, 2009, 11:53:11 AM »

Free cosmetics available at many department stores  Anyone in the Houston vicinity?
By MARY FLOOD
Copyright 2009 Houston Chronicle
Jan. 19, 2009, 7:05PM
Free upscale mascara, perfume and body lotion will be available in some Houston department stores on Tuesday in what is no doubt the sweetest smelling national class-action lawsuit settlement ever.

A 2003 California lawsuit filed against department stores and cosmetics manufacturers alleged the businesses conspired to keep prestige cosmetics prices high. The case settled and though no wrong doing was admitted, the result was a $175 million giveaway in which each eligible consumer gets one free piece of make up or fragrance worth from $18 to $25.

The stores in Houston that will set up a giveaway table near their cosmetics counters Tuesday morning are Macy’s, Dillard’s, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom and Saks Fifth Avenue.
<snipped>

COSMETICS GIVEAWAY

Cosmetics available at some stores include:

• Chanel’s Coco Mademoiselle body lotion (3.4 fluid oz)

• Clarins Energizing Morning Cream (30 ml)

• Calvin Klein Euphoria Bath and Shower Crème (6.7 oz)

• Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair (15 ml/0.5 oz)

• Clinique Moisture Surge (30 ml/1 oz)

• My Insolence Eau de Toilette (15 ml)

• Lancôme Fatale Mascara

• Ralph Lauren Romance Shower Gel (6.7 oz.)

• Very Irresistible Givenchy Eau de Toilette (15 ml)

SOURCE: www.cosmeticssettlement.com
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/6219677.html

not anymore.....but is this offer available throughout the country??

Rest in Peace Caylee

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #370 on: January 20, 2009, 01:10:43 PM »

Sunny ~  sorry I didn't get back with you sooner.  Here is a website: Full details of the giveaway are available at www.cosmeticssettlement.com

always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #371 on: January 20, 2009, 01:35:47 PM »

Im here Steel, are you?

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
Steel Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

KOT

« Reply #372 on: January 20, 2009, 01:36:19 PM »

Hello A-1!  Well, since you were getting on the plane out of Texas, I had to take my two kids up to Basking Robins for the banana splits.  They were yummy too!

Perhaps next time you are in the area!
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #373 on: January 20, 2009, 01:37:50 PM »

Hello A-1!  Well, since you were getting on the plane out of Texas, I had to take my two kids up to Basking Robins for the banana splits.  They were yummy too!

Perhaps next time you are in the area!
Ok, that would be fun.  We got in trouble just as we left the Caylee thread!!!  Sorry about that.

Steel Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

KOT

« Reply #374 on: January 20, 2009, 01:38:14 PM »

Im here Steel, are you?

I am here.  How was your flight home?  Did some unsavory passenger get you sick on the plane?
Steel Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

KOT

« Reply #375 on: January 20, 2009, 01:38:53 PM »

Im here Steel, are you?

I am here.  How was your flight home?  Did some unsavory passenger get you sick on the plane?

Okay, lets figure out which quote stack we will be working from!  LOL!
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #376 on: January 20, 2009, 01:39:11 PM »

I am not home yet.  Family asked me to stay until tomorrorow.  We have a guest with us Steel.

always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #377 on: January 20, 2009, 01:40:59 PM »

This is a difficult way to chat and we are being watched..   Get my email from Klaas sometime -kay????

always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #378 on: January 20, 2009, 01:43:21 PM »

Ok????

Steel Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

KOT

« Reply #379 on: January 20, 2009, 01:44:00 PM »

I am not home yet.  Family asked me to stay until tomorrorow.  We have a guest with us Steel.

Austin is a nice area.  Hope you enjoyed your stay.  Heard you got down to the college action the other day.  That is a fun area - especially at night.  But, alas I am getting too old for that crowd!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.