April 28, 2024, 08:32:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #13 12/16/08 -02/02/09  (Read 191589 times)
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #460 on: January 22, 2009, 06:53:06 PM »

What was the reason that so many Monkeys left the cage and join the CnG in the first place?

My understanding is that The Cage was not being upheld by any stretch of the imagination.

Janet

I can only speak for myself, but I think for the most part it wasn't an issue of leaving the cage to go there instead.  It was a place in which to post in addition to SM.  I had fun cheering on the group who was quitting smoking, and had a few great laughs in chat and on a few of the threads.  It was fun while it lasted, and that's all she wrote.

Flossy - I agree.  I believe most of the members went there because they were invited and wanted to check it out, not because they were unhappy here. 

I went there because I knew people who were posting there, and it looked like a fun place. The only two threads there that I ever read or posted in were the one where people were trying to stop smoking as a group, and the thread where women exchanged tips about things like makeup. I post at a lot of different forums for a lot of different reasons. It isn't the kind of thing where I get unhappy at one place and leave and post at another place. I typically post at lots of different forums for different reasons. Heck, I even post at a forum where sock monkeys talk to one another. 

I Stand With The Girl
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #461 on: January 22, 2009, 06:53:14 PM »

What was the reason that so many Monkeys left the cage and join the CnG site in the first place?

My understanding is that The Cage was not being upheld by any stretch of the imagination.

Janet

Some unhappy or banned monkeys got together and started a new forum.  The rallied to get new members with false promises and a bunch of lies!! 

In all honesty, I think we just ponds in a dirty game of chess.  Janet, SM was my first forum I ever joined and I just got sucked into some of the propaganda!  Boy, I was dumb!!  LOL

Thank mytime.

I was wondering where everybody went.  It must have been a large carrot that was dangled.

Janet

Janet - there are not many there.  Even the ones that joined there still mostly posted here!  Maybe it was just the Holidays that kept people from posting a lot?? 
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #462 on: January 22, 2009, 06:55:10 PM »

Anyway ... CBB would you please fix me up for Valentine Day.  A function at our church implies I want to look reaaaaly pretty.  Hubby and I have been chosen as contestants on the "Dating Game".

If we do not win ... 43 years of marriage ... poof!

Janet

You better study up!!   
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #463 on: January 22, 2009, 06:59:11 PM »

mytime ... Ducky and I will see ya on the Caylee Marie thread.

Hugs.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #464 on: January 22, 2009, 07:02:03 PM »

Hugs.

Janet

No Janet, Ducky and I will meet you there!! 

XOXOX
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #465 on: January 22, 2009, 07:02:08 PM »

What was the reason that so many Monkeys left the cage and join the CnG in the first place?

Janet

I can only speak for myself, but I think for the most part it wasn't an issue of leaving the cage to go there instead.  It was a place in which to post in addition to SM.  I had fun cheering on the group who was quitting smoking, and had a few great laughs in chat and on a few of the threads.  It was fun while it lasted, and that's all she wrote.

Flossy - I agree.  I believe most of the members went there because they were invited and wanted to check it out, not because they were unhappy here. 

I went there because I knew people who were posting there, and it looked like a fun place. The only two threads there that I ever read or posted in were the one where people were trying to stop smoking as a group, and the thread where women exchanged tips about things like makeup. I post at a lot of different forums for a lot of different reasons. It isn't the kind of thing where I get unhappy at one place and leave and post at another place. I typically post at lots of different forums for different reasons. Heck, I even post at a forum where sock monkeys talk to one another. 

Same here! I have belonged to SM since the very early days of Natalee's disappearance. SM was my first forum and since then I have belonged to many others.
BT is right, the thread for women was a HOOT! I don't think I posted there many times and had only visited their chat room briefly on a couple of occasions. I was invited, knew others who were posting there, and I wanted to check it out and see what it was all about.
I , like Mytime,Flossy,BT and quite a few others got poofed with no explanation as to why we could no longer view the forum. I did e-mail the admin over there and never got any response
as to why I was poofed. I have never caused trouble on any forum I have belonged to and never gotten timed out or banned before, so it is quite perplexing as to what I did wrong.

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #466 on: January 22, 2009, 07:06:22 PM »

Janet

I went there because I knew people who were posting there, and it looked like a fun place. The only two threads there that I ever read or posted in were the one where people were trying to stop smoking as a group, and the thread where women exchanged tips about things like makeup. I post at a lot of different forums for a lot of different reasons. It isn't the kind of thing where I get unhappy at one place and leave and post at another place. I typically post at lots of different forums for different reasons. Heck, I even post at a forum where sock monkeys talk to one another

I used to be at a forum where our dachshunds "posted" to each other.   

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #467 on: January 22, 2009, 07:07:06 PM »

Hugs.

Janet

No Janet, Ducky and I will meet you there!! 

XOXOX

Get real!  Ducky is mine ... all mine.  Klaas gave him to me when I first joined the cage and ... we have been thisclose ever since.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #468 on: January 22, 2009, 07:08:21 PM »

Janet

I went there because I knew people who were posting there, and it looked like a fun place. The only two threads there that I ever read or posted in were the one where people were trying to stop smoking as a group, and the thread where women exchanged tips about things like makeup. I post at a lot of different forums for a lot of different reasons. It isn't the kind of thing where I get unhappy at one place and leave and post at another place. I typically post at lots of different forums for different reasons. Heck, I even post at a forum where sock monkeys talk to one another

Where in the world would you find these forums??   
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #469 on: January 22, 2009, 07:12:40 PM »

WARNING - if you get an Antispywear 2009 Pop up - detecting viruses - you are infected! This antispywear 2009 is a new and tricky little bugger.  Do not buy it!!! You can call Microsoft at (866) 727-2338  and they will help you remove it.  Many virus protectors are not detecting it!! 

Here is a link to from Microsoft to scan your computer!  They ask you to perform the scan before you call!

http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/center/howsafe.htm

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #470 on: January 22, 2009, 07:13:50 PM »

WARNING - if you get an Antispywear 2009 Pop up - detecting viruses - you are infected! This antispywear 2009 is a new and tricky little bugger.  Do not buy it!!! You can call Microsoft at (866) 727-2338  and they will help you remove it.  Many virus protectors are not detecting it!! 

Here is a link to from Microsoft to scan your computer!  They ask you to perform the scan before you call!

http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/center/howsafe.htm

They will help remove any virus for free!!
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #471 on: January 22, 2009, 07:16:01 PM »

Janet

Where in the world would you find these forums??   

I found the doxie forum by cruising the net shopping for coats that actually fit a dachshund.  (we live in snow country) 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #472 on: January 22, 2009, 07:18:39 PM »

What was the reason that so many Monkeys left the cage and join the CnG site in the first place?

Janet

Some unhappy or banned monkeys got together and started a new forum.  The rallied to get new members with false promises and a bunch of lies!! 

In all honesty, I think we just ponds in a dirty game of chess.  Janet, SM was my first forum I ever joined and I just got sucked into some of the propaganda!  Boy, I was dumb!!  LOL

Thank mytime.

I was wondering where everybody went.  It must have been a large carrot that was dangled.

Janet
I feel like I'm reading about a parallel universe ~ I had no idea that existed.....they must have run out of carrots to dangle in front of me.  hee.   
flossy
Monkey Junky

Got milk?

« Reply #473 on: January 22, 2009, 07:19:24 PM »

Janet

Flossy - I agree.  I believe most of the members went there because they were invited and wanted to check it out, not because they were unhappy here

I hope so.  Some posts submitted to private sites have a way of resurfacing and ... haunting the posters.

Janet

Oh, I'm sure that's the case!  Once it's on the internet, it is there for all to see.  Unless I'm sending a private email, I won't post anything that I'm not comfortable with everyone else seeing.  (This proves that I'm not very bashful, lol)

If it's not one thing, it's an udder.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #474 on: January 22, 2009, 07:22:27 PM »

O/t again - has anyone see BT girl???  I am missing her.

She last posted at SM on 1/19/09.  She can likely be found at Goldmonkey or CnG (unless she has been banned like so many others recently from CnG)

I was reading in the Caylee thread and saw myself mentioned. I kinda feel like a celebrity now. 

Always1 - thanks for missing me. I've been trying to read in the Caylee thread when I can and keep up there , but I've been really busy so haven't done any posting. I haven't had a chance to read the most recent documents, so I'm trying to get the high points of them from what others are saying about them.

Actually, I HAVE been banned from C&G, although I totally have no clue why. I made a supportive post in the stop smoking thread over there, and the next thing I knew, I was no longer a member. No idea what's up with that. 

Thanks again, A1.

Hey BT, you little sock monkey!  I'm glad to see you here posting again. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #475 on: January 22, 2009, 07:35:22 PM »

I asked to be removed as a member of CnG about two nano seconds before the wacko bannings began.  No reason was given for some of the things done on the forum, just as no reasons given for the random bannings.

IMO, would not be nice to discuss the actual things that went on there, as it is after all intended to be a private forum ...... just suffice it to say as I put in a post a couple days ago, it proved to be the school of hard knocks for some of us there, and it gave us a whole new respect for Klaas and the other mods at SM.   
At least Klaas gives a shout out of STOP IT NOW     or the courtesy of a warning or a reason for things not allowed.   Not kissing @$$, just sayin ...

The naked truth is always better than the best dressed lie.
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #476 on: January 22, 2009, 07:45:14 PM »

I asked to be removed as a member of CnG about two nano seconds before the wacko bannings began.  No reason was given for some of the things done on the forum, just as no reasons given for the random bannings.

IMO, would not be nice to discuss the actual things that went on there, as it is after all intended to be a private forum ...... just suffice it to say as I put in a post a couple days ago, it proved to be the school of hard knocks for some of us there, and it gave us a whole new respect for Klaas and the other mods at SM.   
At least Klaas gives a shout out of STOP IT NOW     or the courtesy of a warning or a reason for things not allowed.   Not kissing @$$, just sayin ...

Hi BG, I totally agree with all but discussing the private part!!  There are no secrets on the internet nor I will I keep secrets for liars!!  Nope, I just won't do it!  There BS needs to be exposed!  I don't want anyone believing the sh!t they are spewing about Klaas snd SM!!

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #477 on: January 22, 2009, 08:01:56 PM »

Hi BG, I totally agree with all but discussing the private part!!  There are no secrets on the internet nor I will I keep secrets for liars!!  Nope, I just won't do it!  There BS needs to be exposed!  I don't want anyone believing the sh!t they are spewing about Klaas snd SM!!

That is what I was referring to.  I cannot comprehend why Monkeys would post on a private form that is "spewing" ... undermining the Scared Monkey's Forum ... undermining Klaasend.  However ... it does appear that some CnG Monkeys have seen the light ... recognized the truth and ... have returned to the cage.

Nevertheless ... by protecting the "spewing" at CnG is abetting its continuation.

If CnG has an independent focus in regards to the issues and ... choses an independent road as a means to an end ... that is fine.  However ... to deviate from its focus by devoting  precious time to undermine the Scared Monkey's site and its administrator ... a site that has one objective ... and an administrator who has one objective ... an objective to to persue justice for missing people ... IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.

mytime ... another hug.

Janet

_____

BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #478 on: January 22, 2009, 08:10:15 PM »

O/t again - has anyone see BT girl???  I am missing her.

She last posted at SM on 1/19/09.  She can likely be found at Goldmonkey or CnG (unless she has been banned like so many others recently from CnG)

I was reading in the Caylee thread and saw myself mentioned. I kinda feel like a celebrity now. 

Always1 - thanks for missing me. I've been trying to read in the Caylee thread when I can and keep up there , but I've been really busy so haven't done any posting. I haven't had a chance to read the most recent documents, so I'm trying to get the high points of them from what others are saying about them.

Actually, I HAVE been banned from C&G, although I totally have no clue why. I made a supportive post in the stop smoking thread over there, and the next thing I knew, I was no longer a member. No idea what's up with that. 

Thanks again, A1.

Hey BT, you little sock monkey!  I'm glad to see you here posting again. 

Thanks, Muffy. It's nice to get a chance to talk to everyone.

I Stand With The Girl
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #479 on: January 22, 2009, 08:16:44 PM »

That is what I was referring to.  I cannot comprehend why Monkeys would post on a private form that is "spewing" ... undermining the Scared Monkey's Forum ... undermining Klaasend.  However ... it does appear that some CnG Monkeys have seen the light ... recognized the truth and ... have returned to the cage.

Nevertheless ... by protecting the "spewing" at CnG is abetting its continuation.

If CnG has an independent focus in regards to the issues and ... choses an independent road as a means to an end ... that is fine.  However ... to deviate from its focus by devoting  precious time to undermine the Scared Monkey's site and its administrator ... a site that has one objective ... and an administrator who has one objective ... an objective to to persue justice for missing people ... IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.

mytime ... another hug.

Janet

Janet, C&G does have a Natalee thread, but I never really read there and didn't post there. As I said earlier, I only read and posted on the No Smoking thread and the Women's Only thread. I don't think people were going there instead of SM, but in addition to SM. It didn't seem to me to be an either/or proposition. There are lots of internet forums on various topics that I post on, all for different reasons. C&G seemed like a pleasant place where people went to discuss how to stop smoking, what's the best eye shadow, and what their favorite jokes were. I have no idea why so many seemingly innocuous posters suddenly got banned, but life goes on, and in the universal scheme of things, I guess it doesn't really matter.

I Stand With The Girl
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.