April 27, 2024, 09:10:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #13 12/16/08 -02/02/09  (Read 191510 times)
snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #580 on: January 25, 2009, 01:11:53 AM »

IBE are you ok buddy? 
crazybabyborg
« Reply #581 on: January 25, 2009, 01:12:21 AM »

Are you alone, IBE??

Klaas? I can't remember............does IBE live alone?
snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #582 on: January 25, 2009, 01:13:12 AM »

IBE please talk to us.  We're here for you.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #583 on: January 25, 2009, 01:16:01 AM »

Just wish to talk, if anyone out there.

Went to my best friend's memorial service today. Lots of people gave little talks, nicely about her. I sang two lines of a song we used to sing... I only knew 2 lines of it and she knew all of it.. so I told them I'd fill in with the "dumpty dumps with the beat"

Was going down an alley and a "lady" was going the other way.. we hit. Luckily it wasn't head on. She had her front light dingling and a few inches back gone. I said I'd turn around and we could talk about it. She was calling me a "b" and giving me the  finger. I turned around and then started to take her licsc. plate number.... she didn't have one!

She got in the car and sped down the alley and I was right behind her, thinking I'd turn into the American Legion and call the police for I knew she had more than $500 damage and I probably did too.

I called the PD.. ended up that I had lots of her paint chips all over my hood, my turn signals don't work and I have a scruffed up bumper!!! My car is a 1990 car!

Hers was a Maxima.. turned out it may have been stolen. I have a sore neck, left wrist, top of my head, eye socket and lower back.

Thanks for listening.... I just feel so icky about loosing my friend and I have another who has Lou Gehrig's disease, can't talk, move and is only taking water now. Maybe soon for another funeral.

Yes CBB I am here

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #584 on: January 25, 2009, 01:16:16 AM »

Yes, IBE lives alone.  She's probably typing out the story of what happened and how.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #585 on: January 25, 2009, 01:18:39 AM »

Am going to switch off dial up and "borrow" wireless

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #586 on: January 25, 2009, 01:19:26 AM »

IBE, did you go get checked out at the hospital? Are you alone?

I'm so sorry this has happened to you and there's lots of support for you emotionally right here, but if there's something physical going on, we need to take care of that first..........
crazybabyborg
« Reply #587 on: January 25, 2009, 01:21:05 AM »

Yes, IBE lives alone.  She's probably typing out the story of what happened and how.

I thought so, but wasn't sure. Thanks, Klaas!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #588 on: January 25, 2009, 01:22:03 AM »

IBE - you poor thing.  Please promise me if you start getting a headache you go right away to the ER.

I'm so sorry you are going through all this with your friends and now this.  How far away does your adopted family live from you?  Can they keep an eye on you and make sure you are OK after the accident?
sleddogs
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #589 on: January 25, 2009, 01:24:45 AM »

IBE,

First & foremost, please take care of yourself.

Mrs. & I will both say a prayer for you.

Al

Who said Siberian Huskies are too big to be lap dogs?

If ya ain't the lead sleddog, the scenery never changes.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #590 on: January 25, 2009, 01:24:55 AM »

The pain is going away.. I tried to use Arnica. My dog was in the car... He is OK

I just don't know... maybe I hit her.. no I saw her over her half Be PD was there in 1 min... better than where I used to live.

I miss my friend so much.. we talk about 2-3 times a day... she had depression too by the time we'd finish a phone call we'd be ready to go out and I 'd go pick her up. She was 10 yrs. older.

Do you know... she died of kidney failure... I took her to all the Dr. and none of them knew??

I have cirrosis of thhe liver (can't even spell it) not the drinking kind.. it the kind where the duct is... I had a biopsy over 10 yrs ago.. The last time I was at the Dr. I ask him shouldn't we be doing something about this... it was an "a duh" time...

I just don't understand.

monkeymike
Scared Monkey

« Reply #591 on: January 25, 2009, 01:26:01 AM »

I hope you are okay. Now I am worried. Let us know. What an awful day.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #592 on: January 25, 2009, 01:32:38 AM »

The pain is going away.. I tried to use Arnica. My dog was in the car... He is OK

I just don't know... maybe I hit her.. no I saw her over her half Be PD was there in 1 min... better than where I used to live.

I miss my friend so much.. we talk about 2-3 times a day... she had depression too by the time we'd finish a phone call we'd be ready to go out and I 'd go pick her up. She was 10 yrs. older.

Do you know... she died of kidney failure... I took her to all the Dr. and none of them knew??

I have cirrosis of thhe liver (can't even spell it) not the drinking kind.. it the kind where the duct is... I had a biopsy over 10 yrs ago.. The last time I was at the Dr. I ask him shouldn't we be doing something about this... it was an "a duh" time...

I just don't understand.

Oh, IBE! What an awful experience for you!! It's all so hard, and I know you were horribly shaken from the loss of your friend, and the accident has just added trauma to it. I'm glad you decided to talk it out.

IBE, you said the top of your head was hurting and so was your neck and eye socket. Wrist too, but I'm more curious about the injuries to your head and face. Did your head hit the steering wheel, and did the police ask you if you wanted to go get checked out at the hospital?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #593 on: January 25, 2009, 01:34:57 AM »

I just don't understand.

IBE ((((((HUGS))))))

OK, if something is sore like your wrist maybe you should be icing it.

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/whiplash/page6_em.htm

Whiplash Treatment

Self-Care at Home

Home care is intended to relieve the pain and minimize the amount of inflammation in the soft tissues of the neck.

Apply ice to the neck for 20 minutes at a time each hour for the first 24 hours while awake. Do not apply ice directly to the skin. Place a towel between the ice and the neck. Continue to use ice therapy until the pain stops. (After you see the doctor, follow his or her directions for ice therapy.)

Take acetaminophen for pain relief or ibuprofen for anti-inflammatory action. Avoid ibuprofen if you have a past medical history of gastritis, duodenitis, peptic ulcer disease, reflux, or other stomach problems.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #594 on: January 25, 2009, 01:35:37 AM »

I lost a post..

I have some good news though

am taking 2 online courses via West Los Angeles College... one in outdoor survival and one in writing you life story... that course was last minute for I had intended to take the Cert. in Spiritual Healing. If you take their online courses besure to go via WLA site and not ed2 go and you save about $40

My adopted family lives about 4 ml. and they aren't answering the phone. It Sat. maybe they are out with the kids.

Feeling better just knowing you guys care!! Thanks

snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #595 on: January 25, 2009, 01:37:03 AM »

IBE even if you hit her she had no right to treat you ike that.  I'm glad your dog is ok.  I'm glad that your pain is going away, but I wish you would go to the ER or Urgent Care and get checked out.

I'm so terribly sorry about your friend.

If the Dr. doesn't do something about your liver problem please see another Dr.

I just wish we lived closer.  I'd take you for a cup of coffee.  You're such a sweetheart.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #596 on: January 25, 2009, 01:41:28 AM »

I lost a post..

I have some good news though

am taking 2 online courses via West Los Angeles College... one in outdoor survival and one in writing you life story... that course was last minute for I had intended to take the Cert. in Spiritual Healing. If you take their online courses besure to go via WLA site and not ed2 go and you save about $40

My adopted family lives about 4 ml. and they aren't answering the phone. It Sat. maybe they are out with the kids.

Feeling better just knowing you guys care!! Thanks

Take a look at all the monkeys you gathered on a dime, IBE! And it's almost 2:00am Eastern! Yes, IBE, you are much cared for and loved !!!  {{HUGS!!}}

Klaas has posted some really good home care instructions.

Will your adopted family see where you have called and call you back when they get in?
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #597 on: January 25, 2009, 01:45:45 AM »

Am still on dial up  afraid to "borrow" a neighbor's wireless

Had a whip lash in 1989 from a guard in Mayco running through Vons and running into me.!.

Was on a skate board movie called "Skateboard" (a cult classic now) and two extras were getting too close to the ramps. I came up behind them and put my arm around them and turn them around to go back and the skateboarder went out of control and hit me. At that speed he would have really hurt the young children. It threw me up in the air and knock me unconsciencous. (sp) I woke up and the first aid man was wanting to cut my suede jacket... He thought my arm was hurt. I was so angry at myself but thankful at the same time... I just had returned to work about a month before from an injury on location... rain.. fell, on back and wrists... I just came home and soaked myself in Arnica.

Darn.. can't even hook up to spell chekc

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #598 on: January 25, 2009, 01:49:26 AM »

Today I recd a ck from TES.. Tim Miller for the contribution I made toward the cookbooks.. What's going on?

snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #599 on: January 25, 2009, 01:53:04 AM »

IBE you really should write a book.  You have done some amazing things that people really would be interested in.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.