April 27, 2024, 11:20:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #13 12/16/08 -02/02/09  (Read 191518 times)
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #600 on: January 25, 2009, 01:53:21 AM »

The local ER is where my friend was... they didn't discover her kidney problem.. they took her into detox with out medicine.. I didn't even know she drank at home... never smelled it never saw it.

The nursing home found out the kidney problem.

I'll go to Cedars or UCLA if I have more stuff. I have 800 ml of Ibepro whatever.. left over from the denist... I have no pain at the denist.. I glub Calundula

Am so happy you all rallied around Thanks

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #601 on: January 25, 2009, 01:53:45 AM »

Today I recd a ck from TES.. Tim Miller for the contribution I made toward the cookbooks.. What's going on?

I read where they aren't doing the cook book.  Don't know why.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #602 on: January 25, 2009, 01:54:57 AM »

Am still on dial up  afraid to "borrow" a neighbor's wireless

Had a whip lash in 1989 from a guard in Mayco running through Vons and running into me.!.

Was on a skate board movie called "Skateboard" (a cult classic now) and two extras were getting too close to the ramps. I came up behind them and put my arm around them and turn them around to go back and the skateboarder went out of control and hit me. At that speed he would have really hurt the young children. It threw me up in the air and knock me unconsciencous. (sp) I woke up and the first aid man was wanting to cut my suede jacket... He thought my arm was hurt. I was so angry at myself but thankful at the same time... I just had returned to work about a month before from an injury on location... rain.. fell, on back and wrists... I just came home and soaked myself in Arnica.

Darn.. can't even hook up to spell chekc

Your life has been so interesting, IBE!! Full of hazards, too! I'm not familair with Arnica. What is it?

That course in writing your life story might end up being the best one, after all. Yours would be a real page turner!

You're typing, so I'm assuming you can move your wrist. Any headache or blurred vision, IBE?
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #603 on: January 25, 2009, 02:01:31 AM »

Well now, that's an idea... I'd tell the good things about the film industry and teaching K-12, all subjects there. Have worked with great crews, students, moms and actors.

Am going to brag... Helen Hunt, Willie Aames, Eric Olsen, Kristie McNichols, and "little Vickie"  who got me out of my shyness.. She was the youngest on How the West was Won.

On did Black Sheep Squadron; helped a survivor one of 2 who was electricuted..

My spelling and grammar are bad tonight

Was important in the "Twighlight" movie where Vic Morrow and the two children were killed. I had the "proof" that turned it from a civil case to criminal. Had the lugs loosened on my car, and a man with a gun out front. Some of the  people who testified committed suicide or were run off the road. There were things about that "accident" that never were made public.

Gee, I am really it all let out tonight.

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #604 on: January 25, 2009, 02:03:09 AM »

Hey Monkeys! If you are lurking for IBE, please say hello! I've told her she can gather a crowd, anytime. 

IBE, you've got a real rally going on!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #605 on: January 25, 2009, 02:03:16 AM »

Today I recd a ck from TES.. Tim Miller for the contribution I made toward the cookbooks.. What's going on?

I guess there was a problem with an office person at TES.  They pocketed the Cookbook money or at least I'm hearing something like that.  Many people never received their cookbooks but their checks were cashed anyway.  Tim Miller is making sure nobody was out the money.  Keep in mind, Tim Miller had nothing to do with that cookbook it was all Mrskub's deal.

IBE - I have to call it a night.  Please ice your neck or anything else that's hurting per the directions I posted.  If you start feeling funny dial 911 if you have to.

Love ya IBE..please listen to your body.

Nite
crazybabyborg
« Reply #606 on: January 25, 2009, 02:10:44 AM »

Well now, that's an idea... I'd tell the good things about the film industry and teaching K-12, all subjects there. Have worked with great crews, students, moms and actors.

Am going to brag... Helen Hunt, Willie Aames, Eric Olsen, Kristie McNichols, and "little Vickie"  who got me out of my shyness.. She was the youngest on How the West was Won.

On did Black Sheep Squadron; helped a survivor one of 2 who was electricuted..

My spelling and grammar are bad tonight

Was important in the "Twighlight" movie where Vic Morrow and the two children were killed. I had the "proof" that turned it from a civil case to criminal. Had the lugs loosened on my car, and a man with a gun out front. Some of the  people who testified committed suicide or were run off the road. There were things about that "accident" that never were made public.

Gee, I am really it all let out tonight.

OMG! Do you have an autograph collection? Who's nice and who isn't?

IBE, you really should start writing down the stories. You would end up with a collection that could be woven into a really fascinating book! Most of us live so far away from any movie making locations, but we watch them, so we're interested in the inside stories!
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #607 on: January 25, 2009, 02:11:19 AM »

Vision is OK.. just got my new reading glasses Friday ((smile))

Arnica is made of (hold on will get the bottle) oh shoot.. it's made of arnica leaves (I think the leaves) that grow in the Alps and the Rockies (I think) It's mixed with alcohol so it won't ferment. It's used on bruises, fingers in doors, overexertion, sore muscles. It is Homeopathic and I buy it at the Santa Monica Homeopathic Drug store about 700 Broadway... it comes in small and large bottles.. a large bottle lasts me maybe 4 years. I carry one in the car and have one in the house.

Peasants used to get the leaves and treat those injured in the mountains. A 16 bottle costs about $56... (it has really gone up, but unless you use it alot, it lasts a very long time) (my last bottle before this one was $36)

Calundula is a merigold???? is also Homeopathic and comes in a sort of like cottege cheese thingie with a screw on top.. it can be used on cuts. I have used it on cuts in dog's eye, used it in root canel, By the way... I think this plant can be eaten.

I take a glob every two days and so does the dog. The cat likes Vit. E!

snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #608 on: January 25, 2009, 02:11:32 AM »

IBE you take good care of yourself.  Try to get a good nights rest.  Like Klaas says if you start feeling funny call 911.

{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}

We're always here for you buddy.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #609 on: January 25, 2009, 02:12:45 AM »

I guess there was a problem with an office person at TES.  They pocketed the Cookbook money or at least I'm hearing something like that.  Many people never received their cookbooks but their checks were cashed anyway.  Tim Miller is making sure nobody was out the money.  Keep in mind, Tim Miller had nothing to do with that cookbook it was all Mrskub's deal.

IBE - I have to call it a night.  Please ice your neck or anything else that's hurting per the directions I posted.  If you start feeling funny dial 911 if you have to.

Love ya IBE..please listen to your body.

Nite

Goodnight, Klaas! I'll be here for a while. 

Sleep Well and God Bless!!
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #610 on: January 25, 2009, 02:13:12 AM »

IBE,

Please take care of yourself....I am sorry for your loss and the car incident.  ((((HUGS)))).

As for the TES Cookbook....I read this in the Monkey Lounge earlier:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=3660.msg628260#new

Hi Monken,

I just received a call from TES telling me the cookbook isn't going to happen and asking what I wanted done with the check I sent.  I told her to keep it as a donation.  I just hope calling all of us isn't another drain on their resources.  Hope this helps.

Not very good business practice by mrskub...imo....

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #611 on: January 25, 2009, 02:15:43 AM »

IBE~I don't think we have ever met on SM, but I know from all the post i've read that you are loved........pls take care of yourself and don't hesitate to go to the ER if you start feeling dizzy etc.

It sounds very much like you have led a very interesting life, and I hope you share more with a new monkey like me. If you ever need to just "get away", you can come visit and be surrounded by peace and love............

Hugs and prayers for you from IM

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #612 on: January 25, 2009, 02:17:20 AM »

I have no autographs and hardly any pictures. Working there was my career and there were things done and not done.

I had to stop in 1997 because I was a veggie for about 2 mos.. I call it that.. don't really know what is was.. what I know now is that I should have gone to a nursing home and said here I am!! I live alone and checked myself in, if possible. I lost my cognitive ability and have worked each year to bring it back.

Being Pres. for 4 years off and on of the American Legion auxiliary and being here with all you Good Monkeys have helped me.

Sorry,,, am on a roll. Only my neck hurts, a small headache but I haven't taken the 800 thing yet.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #613 on: January 25, 2009, 02:18:00 AM »

Vision is OK.. just got my new reading glasses Friday ((smile))

Arnica is made of (hold on will get the bottle) oh shoot.. it's made of arnica leaves (I think the leaves) that grow in the Alps and the Rockies (I think) It's mixed with alcohol so it won't ferment. It's used on bruises, fingers in doors, overexertion, sore muscles. It is Homeopathic and I buy it at the Santa Monica Homeopathic Drug store about 700 Broadway... it comes in small and large bottles.. a large bottle lasts me maybe 4 years. I carry one in the car and have one in the house.

Peasants used to get the leaves and treat those injured in the mountains. A 16 bottle costs about $56... (it has really gone up, but unless you use it alot, it lasts a very long time) (my last bottle before this one was $36)

Calundula is a merigold???? is also Homeopathic and comes in a sort of like cottege cheese thingie with a screw on top.. it can be used on cuts. I have used it on cuts in dog's eye, used it in root canel, By the way... I think this plant can be eaten.

I take a glob every two days and so does the dog. The cat likes Vit. E!

Snoopy, you're a real sweetie! If you haven't been told that lately, Let me remind you !! 

So, IBE? This Arnica; do you just put a ittle in a bath and soak, if you're sore?

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #614 on: January 25, 2009, 02:26:15 AM »

Shoot forgot 14 yrs Knots Landing. Boy was that a blast! They were so nice when I had my house fire and lost 3 cats and a dog from the plastic ... you don't smell it... it happens before the smoke alarms go off... They collected $$ for me. I kept it pinned to my underpants and never looked in the envelope for two weeks!! They gave me 2 weeks off with pay.

We were family on that show... divorces, marriages, deaths, lots of kids!!

PS I think the lady that does the (senior moment) commercials is Vicki Schreck from How the West Was Won (series). I close my eyes and the voice is hers, the little quirks of her eyes and hands are hers.

Sometimes I'd see Helen Hunt and even as an adult, I still see the little neat quirks.

You spend all day with them!! Much longer than in public school!! and with the parents and guardians.

Oh, I think Kent King Masters, the young black girl on Knots Landing is on General Hosp.. Anyone know??? She won a scholarship to USC!!!

snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #615 on: January 25, 2009, 02:26:48 AM »

IBE was one of the first people to speak to me at Scared Monkeys.  IBE was the first person to send me a PM.  She and Msmarple.  Ibe and my son share a very special day for a Birthday.

IBE your write that book I'll buy it.
snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #616 on: January 25, 2009, 02:29:38 AM »

you dang it.  Not your. lol
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #617 on: January 25, 2009, 02:35:44 AM »

IBE ... I have been lurking for quite a while and ... the right words will not come.  I am sorry.  However ... thoughts and prayers are with you.

Good Night.

Janet
11:35 PM PT

++++++

BE NOT AFRAID - I GO BEFORE YOU ALWAYS

http://www.video4viet.com/watchfull.html?id=QBH-Eh9Bjjg&title=Be%20Not%20Afraid,%20I%20Go%20Before%20You%20Always

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
crazybabyborg
« Reply #618 on: January 25, 2009, 02:37:03 AM »

Shoot forgot 14 yrs Knots Landing. Boy was that a blast! They were so nice when I had my house fire and lost 3 cats and a dog from the plastic ... you don't smell it... it happens before the smoke alarms go off... They collected $$ for me. I kept it pinned to my underpants and never looked in the envelope for two weeks!! They gave me 2 weeks off with pay.

We were family on that show... divorces, marriages, deaths, lots of kids!!

PS I think the lady that does the (senior moment) commercials is Vicki Schreck from How the West Was Won (series). I close my eyes and the voice is hers, the little quirks of her eyes and hands are hers.

Sometimes I'd see Helen Hunt and even as an adult, I still see the little neat quirks.

You spend all day with them!! Much longer than in public school!! and with the parents and guardians.

Oh, I think Kent King Masters, the young black girl on Knots Landing is on General Hosp.. Anyone know??? She won a scholarship to USC!!!

I got locked out a minute!! 

IBE, you were at Knots Landing?? Oh, I can't think of the girl's/woman's name, but she was in the movie, "Play Misty For Me" with Clint Eastwood, and was a regular on Knots Landing. I always thought she was just beautiful !!!

Hey, IBE, have you taken the Ibuprofin yet? You should do that.

Doesn't Islandmonkey live in a beautiful place? She's a newer monkey, and a really good one!!   
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #619 on: January 25, 2009, 02:37:11 AM »

I'd try Epson salts for that. Arnica comes in a brown bottle and because of the expense.. it works just to rub it on.

Homeopathically they do have Arnica in pill form. I should go get mine... used in time of trauma... I just remembered!!

If I had to go to the hospital for an operation I'd take Arnica for about 3 days before.

In the 70's I was using it for my pets. The Vet became quite interested.. but thought I was a tad wacky and ended up writing about for Pets and Homeopathic medicine.

Have to take a break and find the Ibepro whatever.

No will go get the Arnica pills instead!! Thanks for reminding me.

Monkeys. Thank you very much. Yes, I'd come visit for I love the pictures you take.

The earthquake we had here last night was only a 3.4 but quite close.. it swayed and there was a jolt. The there was a 2.0 about an hour later. They sound small, but if you are sitting on top of the area or it's not too far.. the itty bitty ones make you know they are there.

the TV today said they thing the big one will come sooner... In my CERT class they said it will be about a 7-8 and the shaking will go on for 3 minutes.

It may be three weeks or more before Fire or PD can come and help. If they can get to there... they will help the hospitals first. Our city has a law or something like that that if you are in the city as a worker and it happens you stay.

If you are FD or PD and live somewhere and can't get here, you shelter in place.

Have become too lax.. must work on survival tomorrow.

Thanks again..IBE

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.