April 27, 2024, 01:46:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #13 12/16/08 -02/02/09  (Read 191530 times)
snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #640 on: January 25, 2009, 03:09:51 AM »

I'll watch for that commercial.  So Vickie was one of your students?
crazybabyborg
« Reply #641 on: January 25, 2009, 03:12:08 AM »

FOR YOU IBE~ I'd love to have you or any monkey visit..........Hope this one turns out better.
CBB~Can you edit my HUGE photo or delete plsssssssssss. Thanks, IM

If you really want me to, I can, but I LIKE IT!!!

IBE, Did you see the picture Islandmonkey made for you? I think it's beautiful!! I told you she was a keeper !   
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #642 on: January 25, 2009, 03:12:17 AM »

IBE~ Your job sounds very interesting, what exactly was it though?? I'm curious as I know a couple of older movie people, no a listers-but if I recall correctly Gene Darfler was in a lot of old westerns......

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #643 on: January 25, 2009, 03:15:03 AM »

Ok.. Thanks all.

Those are beautiful pictures. I am going to put them on my desktop.

Here's how great the Monkeys are besides here on the Thread... When Donna Joe went missing Ms. Red matched me up with Tim Miller. Klaas matched me up with her family. Then the man I have been talking to for 30 1/2 years turned out to be the Orange Co. (CA) sheriff's spokesman the county where the missing person's report was done! Small world

God does have a plan. Just like with Natalee and Caylee but we here on earth just don't know it yet.

Thank you Monkey Family. I am here for you guys too.

"IBE"

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #644 on: January 25, 2009, 03:18:13 AM »

Ok.. Thanks all.

Here's how great the Monkeys are besides here on the Thread... When Donna Joe went missing Ms. Red matched me up with Tim Miller. Klaas matched me up with her family. Then the man I have been talking to for 30 1/2 years turned out to be the Orange Co. (CA) sheriff's spokesman the county where the missing person's report was done! Small world

God does have a plan. Just like with Natalee and Caylee but we here on earth just don't know it yet.

"IBE"
Oh, you just made my day~I'm honored that you'd put one on your desktop. I agree, Monkeys are the best...

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
crazybabyborg
« Reply #645 on: January 25, 2009, 03:19:37 AM »

Ok.. Thanks all.

"IBE"

I know you are, IBE. You always have been here when anyone was in need. Get some rest, and PLEASE cal 911 if you get sick at all, ok?

Check in with us tomorrow, PLEASE? I'll be checking. 

Sweet dreams and may I suggest that you go to bed tonight remembering good times in your career or online with Scared Monkeys??

God Bless You IBE! You are well loved by so many!   
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #646 on: January 25, 2009, 03:26:58 AM »

Under CA law, minors who work in the Industry have to go to school on the set with teachers who are trained in this area. Must have k-12 CA Cred., teach all subjects (some I did well in, others not, but teacher's manuals helped and if we had a good production mgr. the co. would buy them for me) Also part of the job was to enforce child labor laws and safety, be the go between the moms, the production schedule etc.

At times I had to file a violation against the company who was also employing me. What kept us straight was we could be help liable. I can't put this like I used to.

We used to have union seniority which was helpful so there was no blackballing but that was done away with and the laws were made "looser" ironically after the deaths on Twilight Zone (the movie)

I imagine it is much harder now but some of my co-teachers are still in it.

We had the "power" to shut down the set. I used it only once when the crew, cast, the children and I were all ill. The company said if I would rule it so, they could collect insurance to cover the shoot for that day. Sometimes, I'd catch a crew filming without one of us and they have to stop shooting the children until the TWW came.. we were called Teacher-Welfare Workers, Studio Teachers or Set Teachers... like and disliked.

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #647 on: January 25, 2009, 03:29:48 AM »

Under CA law, minors who work in the Industry have to go to school on the set with teachers who are trained in this area. Must have k-12 CA Cred., teach all subjects (some I did well in, others not, but teacher's manuals helped and if we had a good production mgr. the co. would buy them for me) Also part of the job was to enforce child labor laws and safety, be the go between the moms, the production schedule etc.

At times I had to file a violation against the company who was also employing me. What kept us straight was we could be help liable. I can't put this like I used to.

We used to have union seniority which was helpful so there was no blackballing but that was done away with and the laws were made "looser" ironically after the deaths on Twilight Zone (the movie)

I imagine it is much harder now but some of my co-teachers are still in it.

We had the "power" to shut down the set. I used it only once when the crew, cast, the children and I were all ill. The company said if I would rule it so, they could collect insurance to cover the shoot for that day. Sometimes, I'd catch a crew filming without one of us and they have to stop shooting the children until the TWW came.. we were called Teacher-Welfare Workers, Studio Teachers or Set Teachers... like and disliked.

I haven't taught in a long time, IBE, but I, too, am still certified to teach K-12. I'd have a hard time with some of the Senior level math, now!! 
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #648 on: January 25, 2009, 03:30:17 AM »

OK CBB!

Will do so and will check for new avatar tomorrow. Night all! thank you for all the help.

I have told too much about myself tonight! so much can be cross referenced on the Internet.

Thanks for all your help! I feel much better

Dog has 4 feet crossed... must "go" bye I feel a tad drained.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #649 on: January 25, 2009, 03:33:44 AM »

OK CBB!

Will do so and will check for new avatar tomorrow. Night all! thank you for all the help.

I have told too much about myself tonight! so much can be cross referenced on the Internet.

Night, hon! I love You, IBE! 
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #650 on: January 25, 2009, 03:35:14 AM »

OK CBB!

Night IBE~ you can get my e-mail from Klaas if you ever want to chat, I'd love to learn more from you...

[
crazybabyborg
« Reply #651 on: January 25, 2009, 03:38:56 AM »

You don't have to go look, IBE. Here it is. See? Your Valentine Rose is blooming and it's just full of promise for you!  And you're just sparkling, too!!

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/crazybabyborgs/Valentine%20Avatar/IBE.gif
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #652 on: January 25, 2009, 03:39:00 AM »

Yes, the math! and the science! I'd like to take some alg. and ++ math online to make up for what I didn't understand.

I visited my "adopted by love" grandchildren's school. What I used to teach in 3rd grade they are learning in the 2nd!

I mentored a girl a few years ago. She dropped out of HS and today I saw here. She is back in the individual learning and is on the debate team. I am so proud. The other girl was so depressed and work Gothic clothes, all black. She is now studying to be a nurse.

You know, I remember my teachers. I wonder how many we have touched and blossomed forth later. I have faith in our children and the Country.

Opps.. dog's eyes crossed ((just kidding))

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #653 on: January 25, 2009, 03:42:47 AM »

Wow CBB,

my little imp gets prettier every year! Remember when she didn't have any hair?

One time Johann, I think, said late at night I had the ugliest avatar. I took it like the avatar was part of the family!

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #654 on: January 25, 2009, 03:45:37 AM »

Night CBB and IBE~It's almmost 3 am here and I have a rambuncious 3rd grader myself who will want to get up and go to the beach tomorrow.

Love and Hugs to you both~IM

[
crazybabyborg
« Reply #655 on: January 25, 2009, 03:45:37 AM »

Yes, the math! and the science! I'd like to take some alg. and ++ math online to make up for what I didn't understand.

I visited my "adopted by love" grandchildren's school. What I used to teach in 3rd grade they are learning in the 2nd!

I mentored a girl a few years ago. She dropped out of HS and today I saw here. She is back in the individual learning and is on the debate team. I am so proud. The other girl was so depressed and work Gothic clothes, all black. She is now studying to be a nurse.

You know, I remember my teachers. I wonder how many we have touched and blossomed forth later. I have faith in our children and the Country.

Opps.. dog's eyes crossed ((just kidding))

So do I! It's encouraging despite the gloom in the news, isn't it? Between the teaching I've done in schools, and church, and as Program Director at our local Girl's Club, I run into the kids all the time. I've seen so many "turn around". They aren't kids anymore when I see them, either!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #656 on: January 25, 2009, 03:46:44 AM »

Night CBB and IBE~It's almmost 3 am here and I have a rambuncious 3rd grader myself who will want to get up and go to the beach tomorrow.

Love and Hugs to you both~IM

Back atcha, Islandmonkey!! Sleep Well, Thanks, and God Bless!! 
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #657 on: January 25, 2009, 03:47:36 AM »

Hi IBE - just had to log in and send you big Aussie hugs.  Please take care and seek medical help if you do not improve.

I know arnica well - my mother used to dab it on us whenever we got any bumps or injuries as kids. Great stuff.

I remember the fun times we all had when I first joined SM, and all your wonderful stories of times at the movie lot.  I am still around and still praying for peace and answers for Natalee's family.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
crazybabyborg
« Reply #658 on: January 25, 2009, 03:49:31 AM »

Wow CBB,

my little imp gets prettier every year! Remember when she didn't have any hair?

One time Johann, I think, said late at night I had the ugliest avatar. I took it like the avatar was part of the family!

I don't blame you!! 

I think of all of them as my family!! Yes, I do remember your no hair days! Klaas found you the hat, and then I helped the hat "evolve". 
crazybabyborg
« Reply #659 on: January 25, 2009, 03:54:33 AM »

Hi IBE - just had to log in and send you big Aussie hugs.  Please take care and seek medical help if you do not improve.

I know arnica well - my mother used to dab it on us whenever we got any bumps or injuries as kids. Great stuff.

I remember the fun times we all had when I first joined SM, and all your wonderful stories of times at the movie lot.  I am still around and still praying for peace and answers for Natalee's family.

Tibro!!! It's great to see you!! How are you? You're another one that hasn't picked up your avi!

Since IBE was talking about her "no hair" days, I dug this up for her. Yep, I think we owe Klaas a LOT of gratitude. The hat was a fabulous idea!! 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.