April 28, 2024, 02:06:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #13 12/16/08 -02/02/09  (Read 191571 times)
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #680 on: January 25, 2009, 01:06:47 PM »

Good Morning

IBE, I do hope you are feeling well today! I read the posts from last night and feel so bad for you. However, by the end of your posting, you seemed to be in much better spirits and for that I am thankful.
Huge Hugs to you!

None, excellent post, btw, and hope you are having a wonderful Sunday

Morning Muffy, hope all is well with you also

And to all the rest of you wonderful monkeys, Have a Wonderful Sunday!!!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #681 on: January 25, 2009, 01:18:09 PM »

Good Morning

IBE, I do hope you are feeling well today! I read the posts from last night and feel so bad for you. However, by the end of your posting, you seemed to be in much better spirits and for that I am thankful.
Huge Hugs to you!

None, excellent post, btw, and hope you are having a wonderful Sunday

Morning Muffy, hope all is well with you also

And to all the rest of you wonderful monkeys, Have a Wonderful Sunday!!!

Hi Artcolley

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #682 on: January 25, 2009, 02:03:18 PM »

Hi IBE,
I hope you're feeling much better today!  I'm worried about you, so if you don't feel better today; please get some medical attention.  I wish I'd been here last night, I enjoyed reading your posts.  For once, I actually went to bed at a decent time, lol.  I'm usually a night owl.  You're special to all of us, so please take care of yourself!

Love and hugs,
tm

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #683 on: January 25, 2009, 03:10:40 PM »

Do you think we can get ROBOTS back? I miss him.
I miss ROBOTS and CARPE. Terribly.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #684 on: January 25, 2009, 04:47:26 PM »

Do you think we can get ROBOTS back? I miss him.
I miss ROBOTS and CARPE. Terribly.

The best I can do is:

MISSING AND MISSED

Right now, I'd settle for seeing IBE! I'm going to go check if she's posted on another thread today........
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #685 on: January 25, 2009, 05:12:55 PM »

Name:  IBE
Position:  Scared Monkey
Date Registered:  May 22, 2006, 10:48:23 PM
Last Active:  Today at 05:02:59 AM

Hopefully, IBE will be back tonight to give us an update on how she's feeling. 

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #686 on: January 25, 2009, 05:47:00 PM »

Name:  IBE
Position:  Scared Monkey
Date Registered:  May 22, 2006, 10:48:23 PM
Last Active:  Today at 05:02:59 AM

Hopefully, IBE will be back tonight to give us an update on how she's feeling. 

Thanks 2NJ, I hope we hear from her too!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
SS
Monkey Junky

« Reply #687 on: January 25, 2009, 05:49:14 PM »

IBE - I do hope that you're feeling better today.  My thoughts are with you.  We love you.
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #688 on: January 25, 2009, 06:00:50 PM »

IBE- Hope your feeling better and I will say a prayer for you.

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #689 on: January 25, 2009, 07:19:02 PM »

Do we have anyone who has dealt with drug addicts? specifically heroin
? My best friends granddaughter has been on heroin for about 6 months....she refuses to go into rehab...she has 2 small children. MY friend, who has been unknowingly supporting her habit (she financially supports the granddaughter and 2 children)is at her wits ends. Her granddaughter tells her she has stopped....she is supposedly taking some kind of drug treatment....not methadone, but something similar. I don't believe the girl has stopped. Is there any way to tell other than a drug test?  The granddaughter has lost about 50 lbs in the past 6 months and I think DCF is going to get involved soon. 

Sunny two things:

1.  it means that you have no strikes against you at all

2.  Why don't you post this in the prayer thread, maybe someone that reads there and not here will know something about heroin.

#1. Whew, wiping my brow 
#2 good  idea...I'll do that
Thank you

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #690 on: January 25, 2009, 07:20:00 PM »

sharing what was shared with me

Thanks
today...I truly believe in this photo

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #691 on: January 25, 2009, 07:23:20 PM »

? My best friends granddaughter has been on heroin for about 6 months....she refuses to go into rehab...she has 2 small children. MY friend, who has been unknowingly supporting her habit (she financially supports the granddaughter and 2 children)is at her wits ends. Her granddaughter tells her she has stopped....she is supposedly taking some kind of drug treatment....not methadone, but something similar. I don't believe the girl has stopped. Is there any way to tell other than a drug test?  The granddaughter has lost about 50 lbs in the past 6 months and I think DCF is going to get involved soon.

Sunny

Ten years ago my youngest brother and wife had to administer tough love to their then 20 year old son.  He was not on heroin.  It is called "crack" or "meth".  He was lying to them ... stealing from them.  He made several sincere attempts himself to come clean but ... always relapsed.

Finally ... his parents demanded that he leave the house.  They did not want contact with him unless he was in rehab along with ... a weekly drug test confirming that he was not using.

Although my brother and SIL were one in the decision to throw him out ... it was still very difficult for them and ... tested their marriage.  There was that game called the blame game and ... it was played over and over again.

It did not happen overnight but ... the solid family and faith foundation that he was raised on became the saving grace.  He search for an in-patient rehab center and ... eventually found one that would except him.  It was run by the Salvation Army.  He was fortunate that his employer agreed hold his position for 6 months and also agreed to pay half the costs.  His parents and extended family contributed and ... the Salvation Army contributed ... the remainder.

Today ... my nephew is 30 years ... married and ... has two beautiful children.  On the surface they appear to be the perfect family living a perfect life.  However ... a while back my hephew shared with me when a stressful situation arises in his life ... it takes all his will power, his faith in God and ... the prayers and support of his family to get through.  It appears that "recovery" is a life long process and ... is not a cure.

Why will they kids listen?  Why can they not learn that they are playing with fire when they make the choice to "try".

Janet

I know my fried would do that were it not for the 2 small children.............it hurts me so much to see her in such pain over this young woman......she has been in denial of the situation for so long and thought she could FIX her.....I keep telling her she can't fix someone who doesn't wnt to be fixed...........   thanks for sharing this part of your life with us....drugs are such killers of our young people futures

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #692 on: January 25, 2009, 07:27:35 PM »

Just wish to talk, if anyone out there.

Went to my best friend's memorial service today. Lots of people gave little talks, nicely about her. I sang two lines of a song we used to sing... I only knew 2 lines of it and she knew all of it.. so I told them I'd fill in with the "dumpty dumps with the beat"

Was going down an alley and a "lady" was going the other way.. we hit. Luckily it wasn't head on. She had her front light dingling and a few inches back gone. I said I'd turn around and we could talk about it. She was calling me a "b" and giving me the  finger. I turned around and then started to take her licsc. plate number.... she didn't have one!

She got in the car and sped down the alley and I was right behind her, thinking I'd turn into the American Legion and call the police for I knew she had more than $500 damage and I probably did too.

I called the PD.. ended up that I had lots of her paint chips all over my hood, my turn signals don't work and I have a scruffed up bumper!!! My car is a 1990 car!

Hers was a Maxima.. turned out it may have been stolen. I have a sore neck, left wrist, top of my head, eye socket and lower back.

Thanks for listening.... I just feel so icky about loosing my friend and I have another who has Lou Gehrig's disease, can't talk, move and is only taking water now. Maybe soon for another funeral.

Yes CBB I am here

IBE....I am so sorry to read this.....I hope you have been to the hospital to be checked out thoroughly!!  and I am sorry you lost your friend......it's difficult  to lose someone we love.

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #693 on: January 25, 2009, 07:29:46 PM »

I lost a post..

I have some good news though

am taking 2 online courses via West Los Angeles College... one in outdoor survival and one in writing you life story... that course was last minute for I had intended to take the Cert. in Spiritual Healing. If you take their online courses besure to go via WLA site and not ed2 go and you save about $40

My adopted family lives about 4 ml. and they aren't answering the phone. It Sat. maybe they are out with the kids.

Feeling better just knowing you guys care!! Thanks

Always know......WE CARE and someone is here 24/7.....

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #694 on: January 25, 2009, 07:36:39 PM »

IBE  I didn't mean to abandon you.  I knew you were in good hands with all your monkey buddies.  I had to run.  Our neighbors home burnt down.  They have lost everything.  Thankfully they all got out safely.  They were able to save the dog, but their kitty cat perished.  I've been running them cloths, shoes, coats, coffee, and just being there for them.   They of course are devistated.  Their son is away at school so thankfully he has some things.  Their daughter also has an apartment at her college so she has some things.  Mark and Linda lost everything.  Please keep them in your prayers.

I have seen hundreds of fires these past years with the business that we are in, but I have never had to stand with someone and watch everything they own be destroyed.  I felt so helpless.  It truly gives me a whole new perspective.

Please keep the Schmitz family in your prayers.

Snnoopy...please let me know if there is anything I can do....JUST CALL ME and I'll do it!! Prayers for the Schmitz family

Rest in Peace Caylee

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #695 on: January 25, 2009, 07:39:24 PM »

Hi

Everyone!! thank you for last night.

Forgot to tell you, Arnica Lotion is great for sprained ankles, bee stings, spider bites... takes away the pain immediately and mades everything heal faster.

Have a headache but I'll know in the next hour if it's my usual AM waking up headache or part of the accident.

My little Geo Prism.. I am so proud of it. 1990  Just scuffed up bumper, and the turnsignals don't work. (So far, I haven't looked under the hood) Still can't believe how many paint chips from her car were scattered on my hood. I collected them all just in case.

My main fear was they'd come looking for me. But then again, reason would say they wouldn't for they had no lisc. plate. The PD thinks the car may have been stolen. She was going fast in the alley and was over her center. Glad it wasn't head on..I have a fear of air bags.

When I was Auxiliary Pres. I had forgotten some notes at home so I rushed backing out of the parking lot to go get them and come back. Hit a Marine Vet's big bumper. Didn't damage his car, thank goodness, but my taillight broke into pieces. I picked them all up and glued them back except two are missing. Have been afraid I'd get a ticket someday.

Last night when the second PD car came in, he came in behind me. He thought the other car had hit the talllight.. I blurted out something to the effect.. oh please don't give me a ticket, see I have it glued together and I have been looking on eBay but they only have right sided ones. He burst out laughing.

We all laughed for now there were 3 PD cars there, 3 men and a K-9. plus my dog in the car.

Found out something... a cellphone in that area 911 calls the highway patrol and not the local PD.. so you might want to check yours out around your neighborhood.. well, then again, they might answer. The CHP put us on hold

Again, thank you Good Monkeys.

Remember the time we were online very late at night and Miss Develon (sp?) child went missing and all of us did our collective mind and told her what to do?

Everything there came out OK

PS about those online courses I told you about.. well in the "Writing Your Life Story" you don't have to turn in anything and the the instructor (she) says not ever worry about doing it at all and if you wish, start writing after the course ends.

There is one lesson ever 2 wks. (you have 2 wks) to finish each one and two weeks grace at the end of the class before the final. They give you practice quizzes and I bet those are on the final.

They start in Jan, Feb, March. I think I will take the Spiritual Healing one and the Alternative medicine one after I recover from these.. The courses are repeated I think starting in May or June

West Los Angeles College online

Thank all of you Scared Monkeys, the guests for being here for all of us and especially for me, last night! Very Happy

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #696 on: January 25, 2009, 07:41:36 PM »

meant "makes" not "mades" shellchecker caught it but suggested "mates" I changed the spelling and forgot to hit the change button (a duh)

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #697 on: January 25, 2009, 07:45:16 PM »

Sunny

Ten years ago my youngest brother and wife had to administer tough love to their then 20 year old son.  He was not on heroin.  It is called "crack" or "meth".  He was lying to them ... stealing from them.  He made several sincere attempts himself to come clean but ... always relapsed.

Finally ... his parents demanded that he leave the house.  They did not want contact with him unless he was in rehab along with ... a weekly drug test confirming that he was not using.

Although my brother and SIL were one in the decision to throw him out ... it was still very difficult for them and ... tested their marriage.  There was that game called the blame game and ... it was played over and over again.

It did not happen overnight but ... the solid family and faith foundation that he was raised on became the saving grace.  He search for an in-patient rehab center and ... eventually found one that would except him.  It was run by the Salvation Army.  He was fortunate that his employer agreed hold his position for 6 months and also agreed to pay half the costs.  His parents and extended family contributed and ... the Salvation Army contributed ... the remainder.

Today ... my nephew is 30 years ... married and ... has two beautiful children.  On the surface they appear to be the perfect family living a perfect life.  However ... a while back my hephew shared with me when a stressful situation arises in his life ... it takes all his will power, his faith in God and ... the prayers and support of his family to get through.  It appears that "recovery" is a life long process and ... is not a cure.

Why will they kids listen?  Why can they not learn that they are playing with fire when they make the choice to "try".

Janet

I know my fried would do that were it not for the 2 small children.............it hurts me so much to see her in such pain over this young woman......she has been in denial of the situation for so long and thought she could FIX her.....I keep telling her she can't fix someone who doesn't wnt to be fixed...........   thanks for sharing this part of your life with us....drugs are such killers of our young people futures

Sunny ... many acts of immaturity can be rectified without too many consequences once realization sets in.  However ... the "just one time" in regards to addictive drugs often implies a ruin life or ... a lifetime of being thisclose to relapsing.  Then there are the affected lives of all those people who love you.

My brothers battle with alcoholism and ... my nephews battle with drug addiction has been a humbling experiencing for our family.  It has taught us to relate to others in a similar situation.

You are right.  The "tough love approach" is complicated in regards to your friend when the two little ones are considered.

I do not know the legality of it all but ... could your friend not get temporary custody of the children as well as a restraining order against the mother as long as she is not in a recovery program.

My brother and wife insisted that my nephew take a drug test each week for two years to prove their son was not using.  The understanding was ... he would not be welcome in the home if he did not comply.  That along with a lot of other incentives and support ... my nephew took personal responsibility for his bad choices.  Maybe a similar approach may work in regards to your friend's situation.

Hey... I do not know but ... I feel for you and ... I feel for your friend.  It is a nightmare.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #698 on: January 25, 2009, 08:20:39 PM »

IBE~ so glad to see you back tonight, I put Arnica on my list of things to pick up at the health food store around the corner from my office, they have everything you could ever want that's homeopathic.

Hugs and Prayers,~IM

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #699 on: January 25, 2009, 08:26:24 PM »

Oh Snoopy, I had that happen in the LR but the soot ruined everything else and the vinyl/plastic fumes killed my 3 cats and dog (you don't smell it) would have killed me too, but I wasn't home (the TV exploded)

1) watch out for Post Traumatic Stress
2) have them immediately hire an insurance adjuster (he gets a % but worth it)
3} I hope they don't have State Farm (my personally most dislike Co) odds collecting are better in Vegas.. between the firs kn 92 and I was just moving back in (still work to be done) we had the earthquake of 94..this month.. I fought with them for 7 years.
4) the places like Sears, Penney's have all your purchases of your appliances and will give you a list
4) I hired a former Fed. fire inspector for a second opinion. State Farm was very mean to me.
Take videos right night of everything.. as you take from the ashes.

5) start them making a list of what is lost and guessing the value
it helps them cry and also remember good times
6) wear N95 masks at all times in soot, long sleeves, cover your hair, wear gloves even the plastic throw away are great. Do not buy skimpy white masks. Pay a dollar more and get N95

Ins. will pay up to a year or more for other housing. I rented fully furnished apt. in Oakwood including dishes. Then I decorated it with my own touches and the Virgo in me, made sure I could use it in the home when I had to move.

Renting a home would be nice for a family with a place for the animals. I had to "hid" new cat but when the EQ hit, you'd be surprised how many came out under coats.

get Homeopathic Arnica Lotion for bruises, over tired muscles and Calendula Ointment for cuts, et al.

Get Psych. help.. with all I had been threw in my life, I thought I could get through this.. sure haven't and it's been 16 years. Family support is really important and friends.

Clean towels and clothes, what you are doing is great.
http://www.beprepared.com in Utah is great. I have another site I'll add later.

Be sure to put down all the current costs of replacement see if that is in the policy

Don't let insurance company talk you out of anything that you need and deserve. They will try... go over their heads if necessary. I don't know how many times regional came to me. Go to the State Ins. Commissioner if needed.

They started out saying I was hard to work with.. it was only they wanted to fix only the hole in the tile roof the firemen cut. Not the rest of the roof where they walked with their 50lb backpack, their 180 lbs and the heavy hoses. Luckily I had taken pictures from a new home next door, 2nd floor and had pictures of the roof that was only a month old.

It's your insurance agent that should be on job, the one that helps... if he doesn't go over your head. I was frauded by a co. that agent recommended and the cleaning lady and I had to clean all the 1932 plaster!! you know with the raised small looks like cloud things... took us 1/2 hr for each 6 inches. Maybe the fumes from all that lead to the Fibromyalgia or the bug stuff they used to spray on location before we filmed.

Have them contact friends and relative for any pictures with they wearing jewelry and house furniture in them

If your hard wood floor are 1/2 thick +++ made sure you get full credit for them in the new home.

think of the new home as a place to design things you'd like like those really neat kitchen cabinet drawers and pull out pantries (I don't have them, but fun to think about) In a trailer, the pantry would roll on its own

FEMA came in after the 94 quake and put in steel stuff under the trailer but I have heard the sides and roof raise up and fall, better than being impaled I guess. Fire and explosion are my fears.

I found that preparing my car for emergencies helped for I found I was doing something after the fire to protect me. You feel naked.

One night I was crying outside my former home (the one with the fire) and I heard a cat cry... it was a little black kitten. I named her Phoenix (from the ashes) She had been abandoned. When I worked weekends at CompUSA I took her with me, even to the studio job. I'd had all those window coverings. She had the run of the car, water, food and a kitty litter in the car. At lunch I spend time with her. She became someone for me to take care of.

Later my girlfriend who is now dying from Lou Gehrig's disease found an abandoned cat on her porch. We advertised but no one claimed her. She was white and gold and I named her Pretty Lady.When my mom died 7 yrs ago next week, I had to go back to Indiana. I left them at home here, and a friend was supposed to take care of them. They caught some kind of flue and passed on. Never will I leave a pet with someone else's care!

My head hurts and am crying. have to stop

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.