April 28, 2024, 11:16:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #13 12/16/08 -02/02/09  (Read 191596 times)
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #780 on: January 29, 2009, 03:34:33 PM »

Klaas, Nutt, Mods: Is there a way to copy & paste from a pdf file? Like the doc. dumps? I usually save them in my doc. so i can go back & read, but copy & paste is not the same when i try it from this type file! Help Please! 

Monken - the doc dumps in the Caylee case are usually scans.  There are some ways but not very effective.  Easier to do screen captures.

Thanks, Klaas!

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #781 on: January 29, 2009, 04:01:30 PM »

Hey all! I've been busy on a cake today; has anyone heard of "Ben 10"? Here's a pic! It's Mardi Gras cake tomorrow! 

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
Seamonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #782 on: January 29, 2009, 06:13:53 PM »

Hey all! I've been busy on a cake today; has anyone heard of "Ben 10"? Here's a pic! It's Mardi Gras cake tomorrow! 

wow cool monken!!! I showed my daughter...she said "Im a fan and tell her i really like that!"
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #783 on: January 29, 2009, 06:31:42 PM »

wow cool monken!!! I showed my daughter...she said "Im a fan and tell her i really like that!"

Thank you Sea & your daughter!! 

Phaedrus
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #784 on: January 29, 2009, 07:04:02 PM »

What a great lookin' cake Monken 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #785 on: January 29, 2009, 07:18:28 PM »

blurrymonkey ~  You can test things here at the test thread:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=1924.msg602621#new

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #786 on: January 29, 2009, 08:25:00 PM »

JSM, what is wrong with JOe??

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #787 on: January 29, 2009, 08:45:32 PM »

He stayed home yesterday while I went to work because of the ice. I came home and he had a horrible cough. I called the vet and brought him in. Needless to say he didn't cough at all when we were there. The vet told Joe his mama is crazy. He woke me up this morning at 3 am coughing then again at 6 am. I have been giving him Robutussing because the vet told me to give it to him. I am so worried about him tonight. He is fine, except for the cough. Thanks Leroy for asking about my baby doll. 

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #788 on: January 29, 2009, 08:51:54 PM »

He stayed home yesterday while I went to work because of the ice. I came home and he had a horrible cough. I called the vet and brought him in. Needless to say he didn't cough at all when we were there. The vet told Joe his mama is crazy. He woke me up this morning at 3 am coughing then again at 6 am. I have been giving him Robutussing because the vet told me to give it to him. I am so worried about him tonight. He is fine, except for the cough. Thanks Leroy for asking about my baby doll. 

Oh no, i am so sorry.  Leroy hasn't gotten sick yet but I know I would freak out if he did.  Hopefully the medicine works.  did the vet mention kennel cough? Last time I took Leroy to the vet they gave him something to prevent that.

NewfieMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #789 on: January 29, 2009, 09:02:09 PM »

Oh no, i am so sorry.  Leroy hasn't gotten sick yet but I know I would freak out if he did.  Hopefully the medicine works.  did the vet mention kennel cough? Last time I took Leroy to the vet they gave him something to prevent that.
I have to tell my funny kennel cough story.  My brother took his dog to the kennel ... first time she'd been kenneled so they told him she had to have kennel cough medicine.  They took the syringe and started squirting ... dog moved and my brother got it in his mouth!  I will have to say it worked.  My brother has never had kennel cough!   

... trying to chase down all the Anthony's lies ... this may take a while ...
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #790 on: January 29, 2009, 09:04:13 PM »

I have to tell my funny kennel cough story.  My brother took his dog to the kennel ... first time she'd been kenneled so they told him she had to have kennel cough medicine.  They took the syringe and started squirting ... dog moved and my brother got it in his mouth!  I will have to say it worked.  My brother has never had kennel cough!   

LMAO    

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #791 on: January 29, 2009, 09:05:51 PM »

Thanks Leroy. Because he didn't cough in front of the vet he wasn't sure. But Joe got his bordetella vaccine early January the vet did tell me it is like a flu shot. Sometimes the virus mutates and the vaccine doesn't cover that strand of virus. Luckily because he goes there every day, its not going to cost me anything. Joe is feeling fine thank God, its just that I am a freak of a dog mama. Even the vet told Joe his mama is crazy.  I trust that man so much. He is a great vet!

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Garden Gnome
Scared Monkey

« Reply #792 on: January 29, 2009, 09:09:55 PM »

Sorry to butt in but our dog, Daisy goes to day care, too.  A couple of months ago, she came home with a nasty cough and the vet put her two kinds of meds.  She was on an antibiotic for a few days and a cough pill.  There was another dog that came to day care sick and gave it to Daisy.  It went right through with quite a few of the dogs getting sick, just like kids.  If he continues to cough, you might want to see if you can get a scipt for an antibiotic.

Good luck, I know how hard it is when the doggies get sick.  We have four!

Every now and then soft as breath upon my skin, I feel you come back again....and I believe.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #793 on: January 29, 2009, 09:10:17 PM »

JSM ~  Your vet didn't think Josef had kennel cough then?  I don't know what you know about kennel cough.  You may want to look it up on the internet.  I had some experience with it not too long ago.   Dogs can get it from contact with other dogs.  There is a vaccine for it, given either intranasal or as an injection.  The intranasal works within days, the other takes up to a month to be effective, and I found that is not guarantee they won't get it.  I had to board my dogs for 3 days last summer, and they came home with kennel cough, despite having had the vaccine.  I had to give them cough medicine and antibiotics.  I had five (5) coughing dogs in my bedroom and none of them wanted to take their medicine.  I took one to the vet straightaway and got them meds.    I'm glad they got over it, and am looking for someone that could care for them in my home if I have to go again.  Hopefully, your Joe will be feeling better soon.  I know it's hard when our fur babies aren't well. 

And to add to this, my two cockatiels, Beaker and Bird were also "coughing".  They like to mimic the dog barking and therefore, they mimiced the dogs coughing.   
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 09:13:37 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #794 on: January 29, 2009, 09:12:54 PM »

The changes a dog makes in your life...it is amazing!  I've never been a dog owner until my now ex-boyfriend got me Leroy for my 30th birthday.  Two months later the jerk decides he's "lost that loving feeling for me"...whatever the hel!! that means, but luckily he let me take Leroy.  I had no idea what I was getting into.  I never understood people's love for their pets until now...Leroy is seriously my life!  As much as he stresses me out, I dont know how I would have gotten through the last few months without him.  Which leads me to my next story...bear with me...I dont do this much...LOL.

So yesterday and today I called off work which I never do.  And since I now live on my own and feel guilty if I dont come right home from work because of Leroy....and because I have to hurry and log on to SM...LOL...I have not been around family and friends as much as I used to.  So this morning my mom stops by on her way to work.....busts through my front door and bursts into tears!  She says she is so worried about me lately because I haven't been around as much and a friend I work with called her and told her I haven't been to work in 2 days.

Needless to say, I told my mom my good monkey friends and Leroy have been keeping me company and I am just fine! 

There....that's all for now!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #795 on: January 29, 2009, 09:15:44 PM »

Awwww.  Leroy is your bestest buddy.  I'm glad you got custody of Leroy.  I've seen some terrible squabbles in break ups over who gets the pets. 

Garden Gnome
Scared Monkey

« Reply #796 on: January 29, 2009, 09:22:46 PM »

Awwww.  Leroy is your bestest buddy.  I'm glad you got custody of Leroy.  I've seen some terrible squabbles in break ups over who gets the pets. 

Boy, ain't that the truth.  We had friends up north that divorced and they reached an agreement about the house, the kids but when fur baby custody came up, well, let's say the fur flew!

When Daisy was sick we used either a slice of cheese or a slice of bologna to get the pills down.  I can't imagine trying to give a liquid cough syrup to a dog!  And that stuff tastes yucky!  They have pills that work just as well.

Every now and then soft as breath upon my skin, I feel you come back again....and I believe.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #797 on: January 29, 2009, 09:30:15 PM »

Boy, ain't that the truth.  We had friends up north that divorced and they reached an agreement about the house, the kids but when fur baby custody came up, well, let's say the fur flew!

When Daisy was sick we used either a slice of cheese or a slice of bologna to get the pills down.  I can't imagine trying to give a liquid cough syrup to a dog!  And that stuff tastes yucky!  They have pills that work just as well.

I gave the dogs grape flavor cough medicine , because it tastes better.  I squirted it into the side of the mouth with a plastic syringe.  After the first couple of times, they KNEW what was coming...  Only one of the dogs is a big baby when it comes taking pills and he can figure out it's a pill, no matter if it's with cheese, a pill pocket or steak.  He spits it out.  So I put it in his mouth, hold his muzzle and stroke his neck.  Sometimes it works.

Garden Gnome
Scared Monkey

« Reply #798 on: January 29, 2009, 09:37:46 PM »

I gave the dogs grape flavor cough medicine , because it tastes better.  I squirted it into the side of the mouth with a plastic syringe.  After the first couple of times, they KNEW what was coming...  Only one of the dogs is a big baby when it comes taking pills and he can figure out it's a pill, no matter if it's with cheese, a pill pocket or steak.  He spits it out.  So I put it in his mouth, hold his muzzle and stroke his neck.  Sometimes it works.

I would rather give meds to a dog than to a cat!  They are the absolute worst and their little claws are so sharp!

Daisy is a rescue dog, part American Bull Dog.  She is an eighty pound boob and has never, ever met a stranger.  Loves everyone.  She is deaf, has the eye malady that affects bull dogs, has "hot spots", had a small tumor near tail (operable and non cancerous), in other words, she is a money pit.  She is the most lovable dog I have ever seen and all of us would crawl through hell for her!

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #799 on: January 29, 2009, 09:41:56 PM »

Sorry to butt in but our dog, Daisy goes to day care, too.  A couple of months ago, she came home with a nasty cough and the vet put her two kinds of meds.  She was on an antibiotic for a few days and a cough pill.  There was another dog that came to day care sick and gave it to Daisy.  It went right through with quite a few of the dogs getting sick, just like kids.  If he continues to cough, you might want to see if you can get a scipt for an antibiotic.

Good luck, I know how hard it is when the doggies get sick.  We have four!
Thanks so much GG. I thought Josef was the only day care dog in the world until I came here on the monkeys. I'm glad your doggy is doing well. Joe is fine except for the cough. He will see his vet tomorrow while he is at daycare. Thanks so much. I am not as worried now that you said other dogs get this way. Thanks again!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.