April 27, 2024, 04:30:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #13 12/16/08 -02/02/09  (Read 191545 times)
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #800 on: January 29, 2009, 09:55:26 PM »

JSM, what is wrong with JOe??
He stayed home yesterday while I went to work because of the ice. I came home and he had a horrible cough. I called the vet and brought him in. Needless to say he didn't cough at all when we were there. The vet told Joe his mama is crazy. He woke me up this morning at 3 am coughing then again at 6 am. I have been giving him Robutussing because the vet told me to give it to him. I am so worried about him tonight. He is fine, except for the cough. Thanks Leroy for asking about my baby doll. 

Oh no, i am so sorry.  Leroy hasn't gotten sick yet but I know I would freak out if he did.  Hopefully the medicine works.  did the vet mention kennel cough? Last time I took Leroy to the vet they gave him something to prevent that.
I have to tell my funny kennel cough story.  My brother took his dog to the kennel ... first time she'd been kenneled so they told him she had to have kennel cough medicine.  They took the syringe and started squirting ... dog moved and my brother got it in his mouth!  I will have to say it worked.  My brother has never had kennel cough!   

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #801 on: January 29, 2009, 09:57:30 PM »

He stayed home yesterday while I went to work because of the ice. I came home and he had a horrible cough. I called the vet and brought him in. Needless to say he didn't cough at all when we were there. The vet told Joe his mama is crazy. He woke me up this morning at 3 am coughing then again at 6 am. I have been giving him Robutussing because the vet told me to give it to him. I am so worried about him tonight. He is fine, except for the cough. Thanks Leroy for asking about my baby doll. 

Oh no, i am so sorry.  Leroy hasn't gotten sick yet but I know I would freak out if he did.  Hopefully the medicine works.  did the vet mention kennel cough? Last time I took Leroy to the vet they gave him something to prevent that.
He got the intranasal early January, but the vet told me it is like a flu shot. The strains mutate, so it is possible he has bordetella. Only thing is he didn't cough once while he was at the vet? Crazy dog! 

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #802 on: January 29, 2009, 10:01:09 PM »

JSM ~  Your vet didn't think Josef had kennel cough then?  I don't know what you know about kennel cough.  You may want to look it up on the internet.  I had some experience with it not too long ago.   Dogs can get it from contact with other dogs.  There is a vaccine for it, given either intranasal or as an injection.  The intranasal works within days, the other takes up to a month to be effective, and I found that is not guarantee they won't get it.  I had to board my dogs for 3 days last summer, and they came home with kennel cough, despite having had the vaccine.  I had to give them cough medicine and antibiotics.  I had five (5) coughing dogs in my bedroom and none of them wanted to take their medicine.  I took one to the vet straightaway and got them meds.    I'm glad they got over it, and am looking for someone that could care for them in my home if I have to go again.  Hopefully, your Joe will be feeling better soon.  I know it's hard when our fur babies aren't well. 

And to add to this, my two cockatiels, Beaker and Bird were also "coughing".  They like to mimic the dog barking and therefore, they mimiced the dogs coughing.   
Hi muffy. 5 dogs and 2 birds. You are a Noah's ark. Joe takes the intranasal and has never had a problem. I just gave him his Robutussin a minute ago. The vet didn't hear him cough yesterday and didn't want to give him antibiotics if he didn't have to. Thanks for letting me whine about him. You are a good Muffy Bee. I hope you are warm tonight! Hugs JSM

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #803 on: January 29, 2009, 10:07:39 PM »

The changes a dog makes in your life...it is amazing!  I've never been a dog owner until my now ex-boyfriend got me Leroy for my 30th birthday.  Two months later the jerk decides he's "lost that loving feeling for me"...whatever the hel!! that means, but luckily he let me take Leroy.  I had no idea what I was getting into.  I never understood people's love for their pets until now...Leroy is seriously my life!  As much as he stresses me out, I dont know how I would have gotten through the last few months without him.  Which leads me to my next story...bear with me...I dont do this much...LOL.

So yesterday and today I called off work which I never do.  And since I now live on my own and feel guilty if I dont come right home from work because of Leroy....and because I have to hurry and log on to SM...LOL...I have not been around family and friends as much as I used to.  So this morning my mom stops by on her way to work.....busts through my front door and bursts into tears!  She says she is so worried about me lately because I haven't been around as much and a friend I work with called her and told her I haven't been to work in 2 days.

Needless to say, I told my mom my good monkey friends and Leroy have been keeping me company and I am just fine! 

There....that's all for now!

Oh Leroy, that is the story of my life! Your Leroy is my Josef! Only thing is my Josef kept me sane through my Grandmother's hospice care. Then the boyfriend kicked us to the curb. You are a good fur mama! Hugs. I also come home to the SM too. Love to all SM!

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #804 on: January 29, 2009, 10:35:56 PM »

Awwww.  Leroy is your bestest buddy.  I'm glad you got custody of Leroy.  I've seen some terrible squabbles in break ups over who gets the pets. 

Thanks Muffy I am glad I got custody too.  We had "shared custody" for a few weeks but that was getting too confusing for him because he was so young. 

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #805 on: January 29, 2009, 11:16:23 PM »

Hi! Sorry to be so late in responding ... pic #2 (from a  previous post) of Marilyn Monroe is not me. I tend to think it is Mrs.Red.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #806 on: January 29, 2009, 11:16:50 PM »

MM, I hope you all I meant all I said about you and your Grandbabies.  I pray they are well and home by now!!!!  A1

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
marymary
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #807 on: January 29, 2009, 11:25:31 PM »

MM, I hope you all I meant all I said about you and your Grandbabies.  I pray they are well and home by now!!!!  A1

Thank you Always...you are so sweet and that picture of you is adorable, you look like my sister did when she was very young, very pretty.

The babies are doing better.  Girl baby is eating all meals from bottle, and so is boy now.  She may be home very soon...days.   Boy still has a little problem with his oxygen levels.  If they improve soon they can take him off canula and hopefully he'll be coming home soon after her.  He weighs 6lbs 1oz she weighs 5lbs 10ozs.  We are all very anxious for them to be home and healthy.

Again, thank you, I appreciate your asking...and hope all is well with you and yours too.     MM
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #808 on: January 29, 2009, 11:28:47 PM »

That sounds really good MM.  I am so happy for them and you!!!

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
O4Bull
Monkey Junky

Boycott ALL the Scamthonys THEY are ALL LIARS.

« Reply #809 on: January 29, 2009, 11:52:38 PM »

JSM ~  Your vet didn't think Josef had kennel cough then?  I don't know what you know about kennel cough.  You may want to look it up on the internet.  I had some experience with it not too long ago.   Dogs can get it from contact with other dogs.  There is a vaccine for it, given either intranasal or as an injection.  The intranasal works within days, the other takes up to a month to be effective, and I found that is not guarantee they won't get it.  I had to board my dogs for 3 days last summer, and they came home with kennel cough, despite having had the vaccine.  I had to give them cough medicine and antibiotics.  I had five (5) coughing dogs in my bedroom and none of them wanted to take their medicine.  I took one to the vet straightaway and got them meds.    I'm glad they got over it, and am looking for someone that could care for them in my home if I have to go again.  Hopefully, your Joe will be feeling better soon.  I know it's hard when our fur babies aren't well. 

And to add to this, my two cockatiels, Beaker and Bird were also "coughing".  They like to mimic the dog barking and therefore, they mimiced the dogs coughing.   
Muffy,
I just had to comment about your bird!  My bird also mimics my dogs and when I say "speak" she "barks".  She also tells the dogs to "speak".  If I say "what's the doggie say?" she will say "woof woof", then she asks me "what's the doggy say"  and I have to say "woof woof".

She says "bye, I love you" in the morning when we leave, tells us to "come here" when she wants out of her cage, and says "awwww, it's oh-kaaay" when she drops a treat.

If we say "hahahaha" (make a laughing sound) she will say "that's FUNNY!"
She can sing "twinkle twinkle little star" (just that part, LOL) but she can also sing "if you're happy and you know it, clap your hands" then makes a clik clik sound like she's clapping.

She's a hoot!  We've taught her to say a whole bunch of stuff and she is both annoying and amazingly cute.

I could go on and on... LOL! (and I guess I did)
O4Bull
Monkey Junky

Boycott ALL the Scamthonys THEY are ALL LIARS.

« Reply #810 on: January 29, 2009, 11:54:32 PM »

Sorry, JSM

I also meant to say I hope your baby is feeling better soon.  I don't think I've ever heard a dog cough.  One of my dogs likes to chase bees and they are always stinging her.  We give her Benadryl for that.

Give Joe a hug from me!  I just love dogs.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #811 on: January 30, 2009, 01:17:14 AM »

Chatting with IBE the other night has inspired me. Let's play Scared Monkeys Trivia. 

Some are current, some are not. I'm hoping both newer posters and those who have been here a while will get a kick out of it. Please, post your own brainstorms and see how many posters you can stump!! I'll get us going:

Do you know these Monkeys?

7. (hint: no, it's not me!)

8. What Monkey couple were surrounded by a heart of fire?

9. What Monkey's claim to fame was "Bless Your Heart" and a tiara?

10. What Monkey's name was both a means of transportation and squirrel food?

11. What Monkey made coffee mugs and t-shirt designs for us? I'm drinking from one right now!

I think the answers will surprise some of you!!     

OK, all but #2 and #3 have been definitely answered. I'll post the answers in a day or two if we can't get it. Don't go back and look if you haven't seen the Trivia Quiz, just give it a try!   

HINTS: #2: Marilyn was not the first avatar for this poster. She made the monkey bus with a Tinkerbell.
          #3: Still a poster, who pops into the Caylee and Natalee threads. Avatar History includes wind........
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #812 on: January 30, 2009, 03:28:06 AM »

I have to tell my funny kennel cough story.  My brother took his dog to the kennel ... first time she'd been kenneled so they told him she had to have kennel cough medicine.  They took the syringe and started squirting ... dog moved and my brother got it in his mouth!  I will have to say it worked.  My brother has never had kennel cough!   

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #813 on: January 30, 2009, 03:31:14 AM »

Oh, how terrible!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #814 on: January 30, 2009, 03:37:46 AM »

The changes a dog makes in your life...it is amazing!  I've never been a dog owner until my now ex-boyfriend got me Leroy for my 30th birthday.  Two months later the jerk decides he's "lost that loving feeling for me"...whatever the hel!! that means, but luckily he let me take Leroy.  I had no idea what I was getting into.  I never understood people's love for their pets until now...Leroy is seriously my life!  As much as he stresses me out, I dont know how I would have gotten through the last few months without him.  Which leads me to my next story...bear with me...I dont do this much...LOL.

So yesterday and today I called off work which I never do.  And since I now live on my own and feel guilty if I dont come right home from work because of Leroy....and because I have to hurry and log on to SM...LOL...I have not been around family and friends as much as I used to.  So this morning my mom stops by on her way to work.....busts through my front door and bursts into tears!  She says she is so worried about me lately because I haven't been around as much and a friend I work with called her and told her I haven't been to work in 2 days.

Needless to say, I told my mom my good monkey friends and Leroy have been keeping me company and I am just fine! 

There....that's all for now!

Oh Leroy, that is the story of my life! Your Leroy is my Josef! Only thing is my Josef kept me sane through my Grandmother's hospice care. Then the boyfriend kicked us to the curb. You are a good fur mama! Hugs. I also come home to the SM too. Love to all SM!

I love these pet stories.  I hope your baby gets well.

wth is wrong with these guys, they sure don't know a keeper when they see one--losers.   

Something strong and sexy is waiting around the corner, I just know it (and I don't mean Joe).   

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #815 on: January 30, 2009, 03:39:59 AM »

Thank you Always...you are so sweet and that picture of you is adorable, you look like my sister did when she was very young, very pretty.

The babies are doing better.  Girl baby is eating all meals from bottle, and so is boy now.  She may be home very soon...days.   Boy still has a little problem with his oxygen levels.  If they improve soon they can take him off canula and hopefully he'll be coming home soon after her.  He weighs 6lbs 1oz she weighs 5lbs 10ozs.  We are all very anxious for them to be home and healthy.

Again, thank you, I appreciate your asking...and hope all is well with you and yours too.     MM

Wonderful, MM.  Your blessings are twice as nice!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #816 on: January 30, 2009, 03:41:11 AM »

That sounds really good MM.  I am so happy for them and you!!!

Hey Saucy1, I have not seen you.  Hope all is well.  I love your picture, it tells me a million things!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #817 on: January 30, 2009, 03:42:41 AM »

Muffy,
I just had to comment about your bird!  My bird also mimics my dogs and when I say "speak" she "barks".  She also tells the dogs to "speak".  If I say "what's the doggie say?" she will say "woof woof", then she asks me "what's the doggy say"  and I have to say "woof woof".

She says "bye, I love you" in the morning when we leave, tells us to "come here" when she wants out of her cage, and says "awwww, it's oh-kaaay" when she drops a treat.

If we say "hahahaha" (make a laughing sound) she will say "that's FUNNY!"
She can sing "twinkle twinkle little star" (just that part, LOL) but she can also sing "if you're happy and you know it, clap your hands" then makes a clik clik sound like she's clapping.

She's a hoot!  We've taught her to say a whole bunch of stuff and she is both annoying and amazingly cute.

I could go on and on... LOL! (and I guess I did)

What kind of bird?

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #818 on: January 30, 2009, 03:52:18 AM »

Chatting with IBE the other night has inspired me. Let's play Scared Monkeys Trivia. 

Some are current, some are not. I'm hoping both newer posters and those who have been here a while will get a kick out of it. Please, post your own brainstorms and see how many posters you can stump!! I'll get us going:

Do you know these Monkeys?

7. (hint: no, it's not me!)

8. What Monkey couple were surrounded by a heart of fire?

9. What Monkey's claim to fame was "Bless Your Heart" and a tiara?

10. What Monkey's name was both a means of transportation and squirrel food?

11. What Monkey made coffee mugs and t-shirt designs for us? I'm drinking from one right now!

I think the answers will surprise some of you!!     

What a great idea, CBB!  You are such a talented and fun monkey!  That is why I love you so much!!!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #819 on: January 30, 2009, 03:57:00 AM »

I just noticed that Number 3 isn't aswered either! No definitive answer yet on #2.  Oh, you guys have done great!

Mere got 11!

I'll post all the answers, with pics after all are answered!

2  Jacqui  (CBB, didn't you have the one with the hat down her arm at one point?)

3. Port Valerie.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 04:38:02 AM by Bearlyhere » Logged

I believe in miracles!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.