April 28, 2024, 12:41:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #13 12/16/08 -02/02/09  (Read 191566 times)
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #840 on: January 31, 2009, 03:23:04 PM »

Hi all.  I just had to share this as I thought it was precious.  Hope it's okay for me to post here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ron8saK8It4&feature=related

Hope you all have a good day!

That was beautiful HM. I think after Connie finished singing they continued to have my favorite female singer

Eva Carpenter continue singing the song.

Just a swinging with the tribe
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #841 on: January 31, 2009, 03:42:20 PM »

Monken, you are very talented, those cakes look great, hope you all have a fun birthday party.
jjm323
Scared Monkey

« Reply #842 on: January 31, 2009, 06:46:28 PM »

Sean Goldman, 4, was kidnapped and taken to Brazil by his mother in 2004.  His father, David, has been struggling with Brazil to have his son returned to him, here in the USA.  One of David Goldman's friends started a thread here months ago.  If you are not familiar with this case, please see thread in Crimes Against Children Forum:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4281.msg629762;boardseen#new

Dateline program aired last night 1/30/09.  If you didn't see it, please read the transcript:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28878143/

Thank you for your efforts to draw attention to this case.   There are strong similarities to the judicial corruption in this case and the Natalie Holloway case.     After kidnapping Sean, David's wife Bruna married a prominent Brazilian family lawyer. She then died giving childbirth in Brazil in August 2008.  However, even though the mother is dead, and David is the biological father, the corrupt Brazilian court system has refused to allow David to even SEE Sean.  In Brazil, just like in Aruba, the Brazilian courts are bending over backwards to protect a rich and powerful political family, at the expense of an American father who has not seen his son in 4 years.

I urge all monkeys to visit www.bringseanhome.org and get involved.  Public opinion and pressuring the government of Brazil is David's only chance.  And unlike in the Natalee Holloway case, your efforts can bring about a happy ending for father and son!
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #843 on: January 31, 2009, 07:23:19 PM »

Here's the Mardi Gras cake all!  Can't wait to eat it!!

MONKEN....save me a piece!   

I hope you have a great time at the party.  I would love to play in the "bouncy" thing.

Thank you! Everyone got in on the blow-up including the adults! We're all wiped out, but had a blast!! 

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #844 on: January 31, 2009, 07:26:47 PM »

This is a really pretty cake.

Thank you, San! 

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #845 on: January 31, 2009, 07:28:23 PM »

I want cake. 

I wish you all could have come, I'll post a pic of the "inside" of the cake! I always color it too! 

Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #846 on: January 31, 2009, 07:29:50 PM »

Wow.  You're so talented.  It must take forever to make a cake like this one.   All of your cakes are fantastic.
Have fun at the party today!

Thank you, Sassy! It takes 4 to 5 hours from start to finish, depending on the design!

Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #847 on: January 31, 2009, 07:31:25 PM »

That is a great cake. I do cakes, like in a theme style. i haven't done one in a theme for a while, but I can describle ones.
It was bears at the beach and I used those teddy graham bears. Those drink parasols,
life savers for life savers, blue icing for the water. Crushed vanilla cookies for the sand. 
Chairs for the bears made out of fruit rollups. etc.
Made a castle one one year, used upside down ice cream cones for the turrets and
those oblong wafer cookies for the wall on top of the cake.

Hey, Kat, Thanks! I've seen those cakes in Taste of Home mag., I think, they're really cool.

Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #848 on: January 31, 2009, 07:33:03 PM »

Monken, you are very talented, those cakes look great, hope you all have a fun birthday party.

Thanks No rose! We had fun but I'm so tired I could drop!    I'll post some pics when I get them downloaded! 

Phaedrus
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #849 on: January 31, 2009, 07:34:13 PM »

Thanks No rose! We had fun but I'm so tired I could drop!    I'll post some pics when I get them downloaded! 
Dont post a picture, just send me a piece!!!!  Hugs!

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #850 on: January 31, 2009, 08:54:23 PM »

Oh Oh Oh, I might have one....is #10 Nut ??????

I thought about guessing that as well Leroy but she said it was also a mode of transportation. Unless Nut later changed his name to Carnut. I think it must be Carnut because of the way it is worded. JMHO
[/quote]

Well shoot Sam, I think your right!  I was thinking Nut's truck as his avi but I think I read it wrong!  "A" for effort for me    

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
crazybabyborg
« Reply #851 on: January 31, 2009, 08:56:11 PM »

Monken, those cakes are AWESOME~~~!!! If they taste anywhere near as good as they look, I'd gain 25 lbs. in the same room with them!!!!

You guys have correctly answered all the questions in the quiz now. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I'll put it in a list now. Sam, you are right! I was Marilyn, and that was my 4th of July version, but it wasn't my very first avatar! I can't find a copy of it, but it's on the bus picture, and in the cookbook. 
crazybabyborg
« Reply #852 on: January 31, 2009, 09:25:44 PM »

SM TRIVIA QUIZ AND ANSWERS

Chatting with IBE the other night has inspired me. Let's play Scared Monkeys Trivia. 

Some are current, some are not. I'm hoping both newer posters and those who have been here a while will get a kick out of it. Please, post your own brainstorms and see how many posters you can stump!! I'll get us going:

Do you know these Monkeys?

answer: Rob

answer: CBB

answer:  I don't think anyone got this........ I'm including it in the next one!

answer: Angie

answer: 2nj

answer: Muffybee

7. (hint: no, it's not me!)

answer: Blonde

8. What Monkey couple were surrounded by a heart of fire?

answer: Red and Mrs. Red             

9. What Monkey's claim to fame was "Bless Your Heart" and a tiara?

answer: darleenofalabama

10. What Monkey's name was both a means of transportation and squirrel food?

answer: Carnut     

11. What Monkey made coffee mugs and t-shirt designs for us? I'm drinking from one right now!

answer: Klaasand!

I think the answers will surprise some of you!!     

The bonus question:

answer: lilpuma

Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #853 on: February 01, 2009, 01:29:29 AM »

Urgent message :
Please send cakes to Canada.
We are a cold, tired and hungry people.
Maybe Obama can bring it. He is coming to Canada as the first other country he is visiting.
I want to know how you color the cake on the inside.
You are very talented.
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #854 on: February 01, 2009, 09:04:47 AM »

Urgent message :
Please send cakes to Canada.
We are a cold, tired and hungry people.
Maybe Obama can bring it. He is coming to Canada as the first other country he is visiting.
I want to know how you color the cake on the inside.
You are very talented.

Hi Kat, for you:
and it's secret! 

Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #855 on: February 01, 2009, 09:06:50 AM »

SORRY, FORGOT TO RESIZE!! 

Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #856 on: February 01, 2009, 09:10:26 AM »

TRIMM, THIS IS FOR YOU, MY CRIMSON TIDE OBSESSED NEPHEW-IN-LAW AND THEIR DOG BISCUIT!!! 

Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #857 on: February 01, 2009, 09:14:15 AM »

Party girls making and wearing their masks!!

Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #858 on: February 01, 2009, 09:25:59 AM »

FUNJUMP FUN!! 

Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #859 on: February 01, 2009, 09:28:51 AM »

I DON'T KNOW HOW THAT OTHER PIC GOT IN THERE AGAIN BUT HERE'S ANOTHER!! 

Phaedrus
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.