April 28, 2024, 12:48:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #13 12/16/08 -02/02/09  (Read 191568 times)
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #860 on: February 01, 2009, 12:28:10 PM »

Party girls making and wearing their masks!!

What a cool party idea.   They look so cute in their masks and beads.   
I have 3 grown girls - and I miss those days so much - the sleepovers, parties, arts & crafts, etc.
Looks like the party was a huge success!
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #861 on: February 01, 2009, 07:15:06 PM »

SM TRIVIA QUIZ AND ANSWERS

Chatting with IBE the other night has inspired me. Let's play Scared Monkeys Trivia. 

Some are current, some are not. I'm hoping both newer posters and those who have been here a while will get a kick out of it. Please, post your own brainstorms and see how many posters you can stump!! I'll get us going:

Do you know these Monkeys?

answer:  I don't think anyone got this........ I'm including it in the next one!

How about PortValerie?

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #862 on: February 01, 2009, 11:32:58 PM »

Ty Monken for the pix of inside the cake.
I will stand at the mailbox waiting for cake ! 
I like the Mardi Gras idea and the masks are way cool GrandMa ! I have a ten year old GD also. I am in love with my two gd's. 
crazybabyborg
« Reply #863 on: February 02, 2009, 02:15:04 AM »

SM TRIVIA QUIZ AND ANSWERS

Chatting with IBE the other night has inspired me. Let's play Scared Monkeys Trivia. 

Some are current, some are not. I'm hoping both newer posters and those who have been here a while will get a kick out of it. Please, post your own brainstorms and see how many posters you can stump!! I'll get us going:

Do you know these Monkeys?

answer:  I don't think anyone got this........ I'm including it in the next one!

How about PortValerie?

How about a WINNER!!!! Where have you been Great Owl??? 

Yes, it's Port Valerie!! Now, they're totally answered correctly!! Great Job, GO!! 
crazybabyborg
« Reply #864 on: February 02, 2009, 02:17:44 AM »

Monken? It looks like you guys had a BLAST!!! The cakes look just awesome!! Oh, what a great idea for a Mardis Gras theme!! You are one VERY talented Monkey!!!

I want CAKE!!!
ilovegoodies
Scared Monkey

« Reply #865 on: February 02, 2009, 07:14:01 AM »

I wanted to give an update about my nephew who was killed in the auto accident. the officer investigating the accident said the driver who was 15 , only had a learner's permit and shouldn't have been driving. He ran off the road onto a low shoulder and over corrected. He had not been drinking. We do not know what charges if any will be brought against him His family is distraught too because they loved Jack . It is our fervent hope that the driver is not charged since he will suffer enough from the loss of his friend. They had to use the high school for his service in order to have enough room. Someone who wished to remain anonymous  went to the funeral home and paid for the funeral. My sister is of course devastated and plans to come here with me to get away for a few days. I told her about the concern and kindness of the monkeys and she asked me to thank each and every one. I was just overwhelmed by the outpouring of messages and I cannot tell you how much it meant to my family as well as me.
Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #866 on: February 02, 2009, 08:06:42 AM »

I wanted to give an update about my nephew who was killed in the auto accident. the officer investigating the accident said the driver who was 15 , only had a learner's permit and shouldn't have been driving. He ran off the road onto a low shoulder and over corrected. He had not been drinking. We do not know what charges if any will be brought against him His family is distraught too because they loved Jack . It is our fervent hope that the driver is not charged since he will suffer enough from the loss of his friend. They had to use the high school for his service in order to have enough room. Someone who wished to remain anonymous  went to the funeral home and paid for the funeral. My sister is of course devastated and plans to come here with me to get away for a few days. I told her about the concern and kindness of the monkeys and she asked me to thank each and every one. I was just overwhelmed by the outpouring of messages and I cannot tell you how much it meant to my family as well as me.

ILG -  I received your email address and will write you in a few days after you've had some time to spend with your sister.  Maybe in some way I can be of some help to her, for reasons I don't want go into here.  Please know thoughts and prayers are still with all of you.
BG

The naked truth is always better than the best dressed lie.
Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #867 on: February 02, 2009, 08:08:22 AM »

ack, I didn't mean to bold my entire response, sorry bout that

The naked truth is always better than the best dressed lie.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #868 on: February 02, 2009, 08:16:47 AM »

Good morning ILG.  (((Hugs))) for you during this very difficult time. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #869 on: February 02, 2009, 08:26:30 AM »

Good Morning ILG.I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #870 on: February 02, 2009, 08:36:21 AM »

Good morning ILG - I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Your nephew would be proud knowing that you are in so much pain but still thinking of the driver. God bless.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #871 on: February 02, 2009, 08:56:23 AM »

I am so sorry for your loss. May God bless you and your family. Because I can't physically give you a hug: 

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #872 on: February 02, 2009, 08:59:08 AM »

Monken,I saw that picture....ROLL TIDE.      

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #873 on: February 02, 2009, 09:04:14 AM »

Monken,I saw that picture....ROLL TIDE.      

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #874 on: February 02, 2009, 09:25:31 AM »

Ty Monken for the pix of inside the cake.
I will stand at the mailbox waiting for cake ! 
I like the Mardi Gras idea and the masks are way cool GrandMa ! I have a ten year old GD also. I am in love with my two gd's. 

Thanks you so much Kat! I have a 10 year old & a 3 year old and they are completely different personalities! They are soooo spoiled but that's what Gr'parents do! 

Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #875 on: February 02, 2009, 09:30:31 AM »

Monken? It looks like you guys had a BLAST!!! The cakes look just awesome!! Oh, what a great idea for a Mardis Gras theme!! You are one VERY talented Monkey!!!

I want CAKE!!!

Thanks, CBB! She's old enough now to plan her theme a year in advance! She already wants "Grease' for next year!  Gotta design a cake for that one!  Her B'day is today & the weather is usually terrible! We were blessed this weekend with beautiful weather! Thank God we didn't have to have everything inside; had to do that before & it took days to get my house back in order! 

Phaedrus
jjm323
Scared Monkey

« Reply #876 on: February 02, 2009, 11:41:48 AM »

You can now watch the NBC Dateline Special on the Sean Goldman International Child Abduction Online.

http://www.bringseanhome.org/dateline.html
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #877 on: February 02, 2009, 01:31:33 PM »

Thinking of you and your sister, Goodies.  I hope she will find comfort being with you.  I too hope that there are no charges for that poor driver.  He will have to live the rest of his life with this.  That is enough.

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #878 on: February 02, 2009, 02:22:22 PM »

Why would a man act like he is a "friend" of George Anthony's, a man who is in dire need of psychological help, and then this called "friend" runs and posts it all over the internet?

Why would the same man pretend to be something he not??  Ah, it is a small world- funny when you meet some one who works with him!!

Why would a grown man have to post a text message from his "friend" George - asking total strangers how he should handle it??

Why would this same man whine to me about being banned from SM then turn around and lie about me??

IMO, this man has no integrity, no common decency.  He claims not to have an hidden agenda!!  Yet, it so obvious that this man needs to feel important and fill some empty whole in his own life!!  He has a sick need for attention!!

Hey George - watch out!! With friends like him - who needs enemies!!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #879 on: February 02, 2009, 02:28:43 PM »

You call?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.