April 19, 2024, 05:15:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #13 12/16/08 -02/02/09  (Read 191400 times)
crazybabyborg
« Reply #280 on: January 12, 2009, 01:36:06 AM »

With all the talk of Elvis, I just wanted to share these with whoever might be interested! 

Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

January 8th, 1935 On this day, a King was born !

« Reply #281 on: January 12, 2009, 07:36:28 AM »

These are great CBB..hope you don't mind if I add them to my photobucket 
I have the bottom two from Klaas when she got me rockin' the other night but the others I've never seen... 

We will never be able to make a woman want her child. But we as a society could make a safe haven for those children in that situation. Let not one more child die from lack of wanting... We could call it the Caylee House.
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #282 on: January 12, 2009, 10:28:33 AM »

Thank you,Sea! I don't believe I've seen He Touched Me but I would love too! Is it on DVD? I'll look for it. I'll get the Tupelo pics & post them, too. I love it when I find an Elvis fan. I also have all kinds of mags & papers about his death. We were in Florida & on the way home stopped at a lot of stores & places picking up anything about Elvis. I have all of that stuff packed up & now I'm going to have to dig it out! My Mom swears I have her big book on Elvis! I don't think I do but you know Mothers  Oh, i also have an Elvis license plate I got in Memphis shortly after he died, too! I gotta go find that stuff & will post what I can! Goodnight for now 

Hi Monken...that was quick 

I have to make a correction...the Trilogy isn't played during the funeral on "He Touched Me"
I'm watching is now..I recorded it from TNN channel..it changed names..not sure what it's called now as I don't have TV any more.. I think they play the Trilogy during his funeral in the movie "This is Elvis" I'll check that but I'm pretty confident now...
You can buy He Touched Me..they advertised it during the show.. here is a link to Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/He-Touched-Me-Gospel-Presley/dp/8474029465/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1231733828&sr=1-3
It's not cheap...I wish I could burn you a copy..I'll see how big the file is but it's probably a few hundred megs..tough to email.. anyway, you can buy it if you're interested 

SS

Thank you, Sea, & that was nice of you to offer! I know my Mom would love to see the gospel dvd. I'll find it!  I have "This is Elvis" on video;I think. i know I have Aloha from Hawaii & several others. Nice chatting with ya, BBL! 

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #283 on: January 12, 2009, 10:29:44 AM »

With all the talk of Elvis, I just wanted to share these with whoever might be interested! 

You're so sweet, CBB!!! 

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #284 on: January 12, 2009, 10:36:20 AM »

Hi, Klaas, since we can't trade emails, could you please set up a thread in musings or what's cooking for info on the TES cookbooks? That way Marlee or Mrskub can leave info there for us to check. I've emailed Marlee with the last email address I had for her from  Oct. but I didn't hear back. I also emailed Mrskub this morning. i don't know how to set up a thread or i would do it. If you do, let me know where, Thanks, Klaas!! 

Phaedrus
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #285 on: January 12, 2009, 10:41:47 AM »

Hi, Klaas, since we can't trade emails, could you please set up a thread in musings or what's cooking for info on the TES cookbooks? That way Marlee or Mrskub can leave info there for us to check. I've emailed Marlee with the last email address I had for her from  Oct. but I didn't hear back. I also emailed Mrskub this morning. i don't know how to set up a thread or i would do it. If you do, let me know where, Thanks, Klaas!! 

Monken I'm happy to do that for you, I'll set it up in the Monkey Lounge I guess.  The problem is this, the cookbook really has nothing to do with Scared Monkeys.  It was not thought up by Administers of this site and we have no control over it.  In fact, we would not have done it because of possible issues with the TES non profit status.  That said I'll set up a thread.

I will say that Mrskub in November started a forum called ChatnGrumble and they have recruited many members from Scared Monkeys.  I imagine that someone that reads here and now posts there will tell her or already has told her you are trying to get ahold of her.

Give me a few minutes and I'll set up a thread.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #286 on: January 12, 2009, 10:46:50 AM »

Monken I'm happy to do that for you, I'll set it up in the Monkey Lounge I guess.  The problem is this, the cookbook really has nothing to do with Scared Monkeys.  It was not thought up by Administers of this site and we have no control over it.  In fact, we would not have done it because of possible issues with the TES non profit status.  That said I'll set up a thread.

I will say that Mrskub in November started a forum called ChatnGrumble and they have recruited many members from Scared Monkeys.  I imagine that someone that reads here and now posts there will tell her or already has told her you are trying to get ahold of her.

Here is the link, it's in the Monkey Lounge:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=3660.0
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #287 on: January 12, 2009, 10:55:00 AM »

I knew that mrskub had started a thread a while back...had found it and was going to reply to Monken, and my anti-virus program decided to update and I was frozen in two threads.  I guess I'll give myself E for effort.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #288 on: January 12, 2009, 11:10:07 AM »

I knew that mrskub had started a thread a while back...had found it and was going to reply to Monken, and my anti-virus program decided to update and I was frozen in two threads.  I guess I'll give myself E for effort.

Ha ha ha, I wondered why you were in that thread..too funny 
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #289 on: January 12, 2009, 11:27:03 AM »

I had no idea about any of this!  TES is getting the money for those cookbooks, aren't they!?  And have you been to Mrskub's site?  Thank you! 

Phaedrus
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #290 on: January 12, 2009, 12:58:41 PM »

I had no idea about any of this!  TES is getting the money for those cookbooks, aren't they!?  And have you been to Mrskub's site?  Thank you! 

Monken - I know nothing about the TES Cookbooks.  It was not sponsored by SM nor did anyone have anything to do with it in a official capacity.  It was the idea of Mrskub. 

As far as Mrskub's website, NO, I have not been there.  It is an INVITE only private forum but I have information that they have said some pretty bad things about ME, Red and SM.  This information I have received from many people that were invited to the site and shocked at what they were seeing. 

It apprears that Mrskub took issue with me when I told her I didn't think it was RIGHT to take recipes from the old SM Cookbook to fill up the TES Cookbook.
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #291 on: January 12, 2009, 01:39:27 PM »

Monken - I know nothing about the TES Cookbooks.  It was not sponsored by SM nor did anyone have anything to do with it in a official capacity.  It was the idea of Mrskub. 

As far as Mrskub's website, NO, I have not been there.  It is an INVITE only private forum but I have information that they have said some pretty bad things about ME, Red and SM.  This information I have received from many people that were invited to the site and shocked at what they were seeing. 

It apprears that Mrskub took issue with me when I told her I didn't think it was RIGHT to take recipes from the old SM Cookbook to fill up the TES Cookbook.

I'm so sorry, Klaas! Thank you for setting up the thread!

Phaedrus
JuJu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #292 on: January 12, 2009, 02:03:50 PM »

Hi Monken,

how are you!

Regrets, I've had a few......
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #293 on: January 12, 2009, 02:54:03 PM »

Hi Monken,

how are you!

Hey, Juju!!  How are you! As usual I'm waaaay behind; trying to do 10 things at once! When I finish all my rat-killin' I'll be back for longer, later on & hope you will too!! 

Phaedrus
crazybabyborg
« Reply #294 on: January 12, 2009, 03:55:20 PM »

Sea Searcher and Monken:

Well, ThankYou, Thank You Very Much!

Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

January 8th, 1935 On this day, a King was born !

« Reply #295 on: January 12, 2009, 04:02:24 PM »

Sea Searcher and Monken:

Thanks CBB... 

We will never be able to make a woman want her child. But we as a society could make a safe haven for those children in that situation. Let not one more child die from lack of wanting... We could call it the Caylee House.
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #296 on: January 12, 2009, 05:05:22 PM »

Sea Searcher and Monken:

I Love it!!! Thanks, CBB!!   

Phaedrus
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #297 on: January 13, 2009, 12:00:55 AM »

Sea Searcher and Monken:

I love this.very cool..........................here's to the King!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
da sparkenator
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #298 on: January 13, 2009, 12:10:48 AM »

FWIW, I agree with your thoughts on the cookbook.  I wouldn't want to do anything to cause a problem or endanger equusearch and/or Tim Miller.  A site that says bad tings about Tim and Red, not interested.  I graduated from kindergarten a long time ago!!!

What day is it?  How long have I been here?
da sparkenator
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #299 on: January 13, 2009, 12:44:08 AM »

Hello!!!!  Echo echo echo!!!!  I'm bored, somebody talk to me!!!!!  Ok, I'll wander over to the music/Elvis stuff.  I'll make me a peanut butter nanner samwich to take with . . .

What day is it?  How long have I been here?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.