March 28, 2024, 05:14:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, FL Missing since June 16-just reported by mother #75  (Read 308088 times)
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

Good grief! It's Charlie Brown.

« Reply #1680 on: December 16, 2008, 11:41:52 AM »

George and Cindy Anthony arrive at Universal Studios.

George being dragged along by Cindy like one of her dogs. And look at his face. He looks utterly destroyed. And Cindy? Well, she looks like Cindy again.

How recent is this pic?

I remember you, Caylee.
CharlieGirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

~JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE~

« Reply #1681 on: December 16, 2008, 11:41:54 AM »

I am off to the gym.  THis case has me stressed and i need a little outlet. BBL

Bye Perri, have a good one Smile
sirensong
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1682 on: December 16, 2008, 11:42:10 AM »

Sorry if already posted

http://www.wftv.com/news/18282120/detail.html

snip:    Conway admits the Anthonys have made conflicting statements in the past. They will be re-interviewed by investigators. He said, for the next interview they give to authorities, there will not be any conflicting statements.

QuietMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1683 on: December 16, 2008, 11:42:37 AM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-caylee1608dec16,0,1146462.story

Will tiny clues lead to answers about Caylee Anthony?
Sarah Lundy

Bianca Prieto and Amy L. Edwards, Sentinel Staff Writers

December 16, 2008

For five days, federal and Orange County authorities have toiled in the woods where a child's skull was discovered in a plastic bag.

Investigators hauled out boxes of brush and dirt. Crime-scene technicians on their hands and knees combed through debris. Others shook soil through sifters, searching for any tiny particle that might help determine whether the remains are of missing Caylee Marie Anthony.

Five long days -- and yet the work has just begun.

Sheriff's officials said Monday that the lot, a quarter-mile from the home of the child's grandparents, could remain a crime scene for several more days as the evidence crews and various experts, including an anthropologist, an entomologist and a botanist, search methodically for more clues.

After that will come weeks of careful laboratory work designed to make sense of what investigators have found. Already, pieces of the remains have been sent to the FBI lab in Virginia. More will follow.

Forensic experts say the process of identifying a decomposed body -- especially a child -- is not easy, and finding out how that child died can be an even greater challenge. DNA typing, bone inspections, toxicology tests and trace-evidence analysis are just some of the work to be done in the coming days.

"It's just like an archaeological excavation in some cases," said Bill Schneck, founder of Microvision Northwest, a forensic-consulting company in Washington state.

Investigators want to confirm whether the bones belong to Caylee, who disappeared in June. Caylee's mother, Casey Anthony, 22, insists her daughter was kidnapped by a baby sitter, but a grand jury has charged her with killing her daughter, who was 2 when she disappeared.

For now, there is no solution to the puzzle, just many new pieces and players:

Medical examiner

Orange-Osceola Medical Examiner Dr. Jan Garavaglia must make the final decision -- who is the child in the woods off Suburban Drive and how did the youngster die? She'll get assistance from a slew of scientific experts.

Typically, the medical examiner starts by separating evidence from the body, said Palm Beach County Medical Examiner Dr. Michael Bell, who is not associated with the case.

"If there's clothing, clothing comes off. If there's other stuff that's on the body, that will get removed. Everything gets documented, photographed," Bell said.

Sheriff's officials have not disclosed what they found with the child's bones, some of which were inside a plastic bag. But a sheriff's source disclosed Monday that additional bones were found elsewhere in the woods during the weekend.

Often, investigators rely on dental records to confirm an adult's identity, Bell said. But when dealing with young children who have not been X-rayed, DNA will be key, he said.

A sample of DNA, a person's unique genetic blueprint, can be extracted from a hair, a piece of bone or a tooth. The medical examiner collects the sample, then bags it and sends it to a lab.

The examiner then conducts an autopsy, studying the remains to determine the cause of death. Having a skeleton with little or no soft tissues makes the job more difficult.

DNA

DNA found in the nucleus of a cell from the remains can be compared with samples of Caylee's DNA collected at her home.

However, getting a good sample can be more difficult when dealing with a decomposing body left outside for months, said Margaret Wallace, associate professor at John Jay College in New York City.

If nuclear DNA is not available, authorities can turn to mitochondrial DNA, found elsewhere in the cell. This is DNA passed from a mother to her children. Mitochondrial DNA from the remains would have to be compared with samples from Caylee's mother. This would determine whether the dead child was related to Anthony.

DNA is a prominent identification tool, but it's not the only one.

Forensic anthropologist

The skeleton can hold many answers.

Donna Boyd, a professor of anthropology at Radford University in Virginia and co-director of the school's Forensic Science Institute, said the first step for a forensic anthropologist investigating a set of remains is to make a list of what bones are found.

From this, the anthropologist creates a biological profile. With adults, authorities can figure out age, sex, racial type and stature. Children are more difficult because they have not developed as much.

Sex and race are nearly impossible to determine, she said, but age is possible by looking at the size of the bones and teeth.

Bones can be examined for evidence of trauma. Anthropologists can determine whether these injuries, such as broken bones, occurred before the person died, around the time of death or afterward, Boyd said.

Choking isn't as easy to detect. However, a specific bone in the throat can break if strangled -- serving as a red flag to investigators, she said.

What happened to the remains after death can be just as important. Animal bite marks and potential water damage are studied.

"It helps you understand where the remains have been and what happened to them," Boyd said.

Trace evidence

While many experts focus on the body, others try to piece together a story from everything found around the remains.

Investigators sifting through the soil may be looking for fabric from clothing, bone fragments, plastic, rubber from shoes and even duct tape, said Schneck of Microvision Northwest, a trace-evidence expert who has been featured on the TV show Forensic Files.

"If they know what she was wearing, they might be able to find some clothing fragments," Schneck said. The clothing might help provide identification before DNA results come back.

"Duct tape could hold a treasure trove of stuff -- fingerprints, hair and fibers," Schneck said.

The ripped edge of duct tape also can be matched to the roll it came from, even if it has since been used, Schneck said. Investigators have not said whether they have found duct tape in the Anthony home.

The soil could be an important clue, Schneck said.

When someone buries a body, soil often gets on the suspect's shoes and the tools used to dig the grave. Once the burial is done, the dirt can end up in another place, such as the suspect's home.

The composition of the soil differs greatly from one place to another. Schneck looks at bacterial composition, minerals and color of soil when comparing them. If soil from the crime scene shows up at the suspect's home or car, that is good indication, he said.

Early on, investigators found soil in the trunk of Casey Anthony's car. It's unknown where that soil came from or if it has been tested.

I haven't even finished reading this, but I was wondering about this that I bolded:

DNA found in the nucleus of a cell from the remains can be compared with samples of Caylee's DNA collected at her home.

Wouldn't they have her DNA from the paternity test? We know they did a paternity test to see if JG was her father, so they obviously have Caylees DNA. Just wondering cause I don't know how good is DNA that they get from items in the home?

RIP Sweet Puppy
txlisa
Monkey Junky

Annie-belle!

« Reply #1684 on: December 16, 2008, 11:42:53 AM »

George being dragged along by Cindy like one of her dogs. And look at his face. He looks utterly destroyed. And Cindy? Well, she looks like Cindy again.

How recent is this pic?

Poor guy needs get his balls away from Cindy.

Lisa
Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

January 8th, 1935 On this day, a King was born !

« Reply #1685 on: December 16, 2008, 11:44:04 AM »

Emergency Hearing In Casey Case
Tuesday, December 16, 2008 10:46:45 AM

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2008/12/16/is_it_caylee.html
ORLANDO -- The case against Casey Anthony heads back into the courtroom Tuesday for a new emergency hearing.

The hearing was scheduled for Tuesday afternoon after Anthony's defense team filed several new motions, calling for the prosecution to turn over photographs, video recordings and drawings taken at the scene where the remains of a small child were discovered Thursday.

Geez, Jose, why don't you just get the SA to do the whole case for you, opening statement to closing argument???
The scene hasn't even been cleared yet.

Not only that but the ME hasn't even confirmed the identity of the remains yet..Baez has no business requesting info on any crime scene at this point..he should get smacked pretty hard this afternoon... what a schmuck 

Has anyone heard anything more on the third search warrant for the A's house?

TIA

We will never be able to make a woman want her child. But we as a society could make a safe haven for those children in that situation. Let not one more child die from lack of wanting... We could call it the Caylee House.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1686 on: December 16, 2008, 11:45:16 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys !!!

It's Finally going to Snow !!!! and it's Coffee Time !!!!

...Running toward SS with my sled and a can of hot chocolate to share!!!

I got plenty of Hot Chocolate for you but you might want to wait until the snow actually falls or the sleigh ride might be a little bumpy.

uploading a shitload sledload of snow for you to enjoy, while ya wait.     courtesy of nebraska. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1687 on: December 16, 2008, 11:45:31 AM »

in Vickys photos there is an album stating July4 in tampa, wasnt this when casey said ZG and sis went to tampa??

anyone know?? If so I think its a safe bet to where they are going next......

Just when you think she cant get any crazier....she DOES

I think Casey said she spent July 4 with "Jeff Hopkins" in Jacksonville.  But now I am wonder if Vicky was in a car wreck in Tampa?  I'm too chicken to e-mail her!

Lisa

Lisa, I wonder why this Vicky hasn't contacted LE about all the similarities regarding herself & ZG.  (Maybe she has and we don't know).  But you would think if she is onto Casey using her life, she would atleast have her profile set to private???   

Good question, but I do know that LE has spoken to her.  Her interview just hasn't been released.

Lisa

Oh really    Hmmmmm very 
Iiasen is online according to her My-space.....................go ahead charlie girl...ask him something......Im too chicken!

No way HH, I fell for Old Fart doing that to me last time.

I had to take Xanax after talking to TB and worrying for a month that I may be contacted by LE......  YOU DO IT   
AHAAAAAHAAAA..........chicken........................But then so am I

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
CharlieGirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

~JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE~

« Reply #1688 on: December 16, 2008, 11:46:17 AM »

HH & Perri, I bet QuietMonkey would talk to Iiason......

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1689 on: December 16, 2008, 11:47:48 AM »

Island....I would hope there would some way to forward that Article about Lee to the SA...Someone?

The last time in the PS case~I just emailed the prosecutor directly the info I had found, I thought if he didn't want it he could just delete it, so I never expected a response-but he emailed my back and asked me to call. My info was not just on the "experts", it was on the statistics of intra oral gws's and how many suicides intra oral are with a handgun vs long gun or shot gun. Anyway, just call the SA's office and ask for DIRECT email for whomever will be prosecuting the case. 

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1690 on: December 16, 2008, 11:48:33 AM »

Look at the evil look Cindy is giving.
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1691 on: December 16, 2008, 11:48:57 AM »

HH & Perri, I bet QuietMonkey would talk to Iiason......

Lets ask and see..................always good to pass the buck!!!

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
pinkbanana
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1692 on: December 16, 2008, 11:50:53 AM »

How recent is this pic?

George ALWAYS has that " HELP ME" look on his face. 

pb

STILL Standing With The GIRL, Natalee Holloway!
Caylee Anthony, Rest In Peace Little SUNSHINE.
Where is Haleigh Cummings?
BLESS ALL THE CHILDREN! BLESS ALL THE MISSING! BLESS YOU!
BluesyGram
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1693 on: December 16, 2008, 11:52:18 AM »

Look at the evil look Cindy is giving.

He looks like he is having diarrhea pains.
Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1694 on: December 16, 2008, 11:52:53 AM »

Sorry if already posted

snip:    Conway admits the Anthonys have made conflicting statements in the past. They will be re-interviewed by investigators. He said, for the next interview they give to authorities, there will not be any conflicting statements.

If the old statements were conflicting, how can a new statement not conflict with the old ones.  This makes no sense. 
BluesyGram
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1695 on: December 16, 2008, 11:54:28 AM »

Sorry if already posted

If the old statements were conflicting, how can a new statement not conflict with the old ones.  This makes no sense. 

I think they mean this time the statements won't conflict with one another....they are going to memorize 'em better this time.
Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

January 8th, 1935 On this day, a King was born !

« Reply #1696 on: December 16, 2008, 11:55:08 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys !!!

It's Finally going to Snow !!!! and it's Coffee Time !!!!

...Running toward SS with my sled and a can of hot chocolate to share!!!

I got plenty of Hot Chocolate for you but you might want to wait until the snow actually falls or the sleigh ride might be a little bumpy.

uploading a shitload sledload of snow for you to enjoy, while ya wait.     courtesy of nebraska. 

Thanks Wyks...I hope these weather people are right about this one..I wish my job had such a big margin for error 

We will never be able to make a woman want her child. But we as a society could make a safe haven for those children in that situation. Let not one more child die from lack of wanting... We could call it the Caylee House.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1697 on: December 16, 2008, 11:57:20 AM »

Morning..

I just have to wonder about this new attorney for the Anthonys. He might be a great guy, as some here are saying, but I really do wonder how wise it is for him to be discussing the Anthonys theories at all? Yes, he wants to be their spokesperson, and he wants to protect them against future possible charges.. but what does a fake babysitter have to do with any of that? IMO he tarnishes his own credibility by saying how they still believe a ZG has something to do with this, and that Casey is innocent.

I agree anothermonkey!  Am guessing it's called CYA (covering your ass).  Isn't there a pending lawsuit from 'the other' Zenieda?  (sp)  IMO, this guy is trying to do it all, be all to the A's.  Probably what they actually needed from the get-go. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1698 on: December 16, 2008, 11:57:50 AM »

Sorry if already posted

This makes no sense, so now the remains are found and now lets be honest, way to late. But there is no way they are going to be honest, if they keep up with the phantom nanny scenario. And if they go against the nanny scenario, it goes against Casey's defense. Stay tune, should be interesting.
CasuallyCool
Monkey Junky

What a beauty!!!

« Reply #1699 on: December 16, 2008, 11:57:54 AM »

How recent is this pic?

According to the Orlando Sentinnel, this photo was taken of George and Cindy Anthony leaving the Orange County Jail Video Visitation Center Tuesday, July 29, 2008, after not getting to see nor speak with their daughter.

Do No Evil 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.