April 19, 2024, 04:28:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, FL Missing since June 16-just reported by mother #75  (Read 310573 times)
Tevye
Monkey Junky

Burn, baby, burn...'Ol Sparky is waiting for you!

« Reply #460 on: December 15, 2008, 03:34:09 PM »

Posted on Monday, 12.15.08

Missing girl: Grandparents hope skull not Caylee's
The Associated Press

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The grandparents of missing toddler Caylee Anthony hope that a child's skull found near their home doesn't belong to their granddaughter, but are realistic about the possibility that the recently uncovered remains may be hers, their attorney said Monday.

George and Cindy Anthony are asking for privacy until the medical examiner is able to identify the remains found last week in woods near their home, attorney Bradley Conway said.

"They're not grieving yet because we don't know whose body this is," Conway said. "But if it is identified as Caylee, they are going to go through that grief process privately, and when they're ready to speak they will."

The Anthony's 22-year-old daughter, Casey Anthony, was charged with first-degree murder months after the girl disappeared in June. She is being held without bond at the Orange County Jail.

Authorities said Casey Anthony waited a month to report her daughter missing last July. She initially told police that she left the child with a baby sitter, but detectives said her story was untrue. Her parents still believe her story and support her, the attorney said.

Caylee and her mother lived with George and Cindy Anthony. The grandparents have returned home after spending time in a hotel while investigators searched their house for evidence late last week. Their attorney said that items were taken from their home which were not on a search warrant.

Crime scene technicians and detectives on Monday continued to search the woods near the Anthony home, where the skull was found last week by a meter reader. Capt. Angelo Nieves, a spokesman for the Orange County Sheriff's Office, said he couldn't confirm reports that more bones had been found in the area over the weekend.

"There have been significant finds there at the location," Nieves said. "We're not providing additional information as to what evidence has been recovered."

Conway said the grandparents were not being investigated for any crimes, such as obstruction of justice. George and Cindy Anthony have been fingerprinted by investigators but only to rule them out as suspects. They are cooperating with detectives, he said.

"They have not obstructed any investigation," Conway said. "They haven't destroyed any evidence. They have in no way interfered with what the ... sheriff's office has to do."

The Anthonys have placed cameras at their house and hired a security team because they are wary of neighbors or others who may try to profit from Caylee's disappearance by selling information or photos to tabloids, Conway said.

"They don't know who to trust other than themselves and the team that is assigned to protect and defend them," he said.
End Quote

Of course they don't want anyone profitting off Caylee...anyone except themselves, of course!!

Remember Ladies, get the damm mamm!     Thanks, Brandi!
anothermonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #461 on: December 15, 2008, 03:34:43 PM »

PS...Has anyone seen the Anthony family cat Since the interview Cindy did????

Why do you ask? Do you think it's in the fireplace?

Just kidding. I think. 

the woods could be casey's personal fire pit. wonder if there are any gas cans found in the area?  (although surely somebody would have smelled or spotted a fire if she'd have set one in there, right? Being so close to homes?

Denial- turning people crazy all over the world! 
Hudsunn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #462 on: December 15, 2008, 03:36:34 PM »

Ann, if Casey is smart she will plea-bargain.  If not, and the death penalty is reinstated, I think that a jury might well send her to Death Row.  She is about as likeable as Scott Peterson.  Without the death penalty, I think she will get life in prison with no parole.  But Casey and her parents all cling to their little fantasies of getting off scot-free.  So she may not want to make any kind of plea and the prosecution may not offer one on their own.  She has already turned down one.  Casey fully expected at first to walk away from this without a scratch.  I think she is stunned that things are going to wrong for her.  She has always relied on lies and they have gotten her a long way with her parents and with gullible friends.
Blaze
Scared Monkey

« Reply #463 on: December 15, 2008, 03:38:21 PM »

Living in Florida, their home probably doesn't have a fire place, huh?

I doubt their home has a fireplace although I know some high end ones do
There are some older homes that due, and they are an option for newer homes as well.  We opt'ed not to have one in our home due to the space it took up, and the fact that we really have no use for one.  Here is is almost Christmas, and our coldest day was 61 degrees.  Today a nice sunny 74.
Thanks, Dolce.
One of our other gracious monkeys looked at picture of the Ants house, but didn't see a fireplace. Thanks for the repsonse.
Anninflorida
Scared Monkey

« Reply #464 on: December 15, 2008, 03:39:28 PM »

Of course they don't want anyone else selling any pics or info to the media!!! They want to monopolize on all profits from this tragedy for themselves.  Can you spell G-R-E-E-D-Y ????
Golden Oldie
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #465 on: December 15, 2008, 03:39:38 PM »

I don't think we're going to hear anything new from any of the Anthony clan, including KC, until after the remains have been positively identified and a possible cause of death established.

Oh, goodie, goodie.  Guess that means we don't have to watch cin cin's lips flap and her go yap, yap, yap for awhile.  YIPPIE!!!  

"Life must be lived forward, but can only be understood backwards." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
anothermonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #466 on: December 15, 2008, 03:40:04 PM »

Of course they don't want anyone else selling any pics or info to the media!!! They want to monopolize on all profits from this tragedy for themselves.  Can you spell G-R-E-E-D-Y ????

They make me sick!!!

Denial- turning people crazy all over the world! 
Scatty
Monkey Junky

« Reply #467 on: December 15, 2008, 03:41:16 PM »

Poor little kitty!!! Killsey probably vented on the cat first, and then got bolder. Where's the kitty??
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #468 on: December 15, 2008, 03:42:01 PM »

Lovinlife, you did a good job with that post.  I remember the Jesse Davis case.  I also agree that justice will be served in this case.  Oh, the defense and the Anthonys and some crime pundits are going to spew and sputter and spin, but no jury is going to understand for one moment why Casey did not report her missing child, why she partied and shopped instead of searching for her child, why her friends noticed no changes in her demeanor, why she abandoned a car that smelled like death, why she lied constantly, etc.

Circumstantial evidence and suspicious behavior can be just as strong and compelling as any other evidence at a trial.  I think Casey will go to jail for the rest of her life for this terrible crime.

TY Hudsunn, I think your posts are wonderful.  I agree w/you on her conviction and many other opinions you have posted.  The cream will rise and the $hit will sink... the cream is Caylee and the other is Casey before anyone blasts into me.

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
misitx5
Monkey Junky

« Reply #469 on: December 15, 2008, 03:42:59 PM »

I hope not!!!
JodyO
Scared Monkey

« Reply #470 on: December 15, 2008, 03:43:27 PM »

Ann, if Casey is smart she will plea-bargain.  If not, and the death penalty is reinstated, I think that a jury might well send her to Death Row.  She is about as likeable as Scott Peterson.  Without the death penalty, I think she will get life in prison with no parole.  But Casey and her parents all cling to their little fantasies of getting off scot-free.  So she may not want to make any kind of plea and the prosecution may not offer one on their own.  She has already turned down one.  Casey fully expected at first to walk away from this without a scratch.  I think she is stunned that things are going to wrong for her.  She has always relied on lies and they have gotten her a long way with her parents and with gullible friends.

Reminds me of OJ. He turned down serving a year on 3 yr. sentence in prison because he couldn't believe anyone would actually send him to jail. At least OJ had some basis in the past to believe that... I wonder if she will be more inclined to listen to her attorneys than he was.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #471 on: December 15, 2008, 03:43:35 PM »

Oh! Oh! Oh!

I can!

A-N-T-H-O-N-Y

Do I win the spelling bee?

Wink

Blaze
Scared Monkey

« Reply #472 on: December 15, 2008, 03:43:52 PM »

Hello everyone,

What is the significance of the Anthony house possibly having a fireplace?  TIA

What about that story way back about a rave party in the woods?

Thanks

Hi Tony,
It was just something I was wondering in my head about the fireplace.  Sometimes my imagination can get a way from me when I think of all possibilities, with that family.  Had thought they could be burning notes, papers, evidence, etc.
perriwinkle
Monkey Junky Jr.

If you were a crayon, what color would you be?

« Reply #473 on: December 15, 2008, 03:44:01 PM »

Hello Monkeys!  I'm gonna try to do a "hudsunn" post so bare with me.  I hope I can put my thoughts as eloquently as she does but those are some big shoes to fill!  Also, mods--i think this has relevance but if you don't see it, please feel free to remove.  In case any of you are still concerned that Caylee will not get justice:

Since the beginning this case has drawn me in as another "local" case here in my neck of the woods did in July 2007.  That case was of Jessie Marie Davis a young single mother of a 2yr old and 8 1/2 months pregnant who went missing and the person who took her left her 2 year old at the home alone for over 24 hours.  Speculation immediately went to the "father" (I use that term loosely) a police officer.  To make a long story short, he made a deal and turned in where he dumped the body in order to get the death penalty taken off the table.  They called him out by using cell phone pings from the time of disappearance.  By the time this happened she & her unborn baby had been lying in a secluded area for over a month exposed in the July/August heat.  Cause of death was unable to be determined.  The "father" took the stand in his own defense claiming that it was an accident.  The jury didn't buy it and convicted on two counts and received LWOP.  I believe that the gross neglect for his other child, by leaving him home alone attributed to the sentence.  Just as which I believe Casey's behavior in the 31 days after Caylee went missing will have the jurors see the light.

Also, there was an accomplice.  A "friend" helped dispose of the body.  She made a deal for her testimony (which was very, very week IMO) and is just now being released from prison.

I just thought I'd share and maybe some of you who are afraid that justice will not be served will change your mind.  I do believe some sort of justice will be served just maybe not the needle some are hoping for...

Are you a Buckeye?

I am not (actually a Butler Bulldog) , but I live in the city of "The" Ohio State.....

I remember this case and was so glad that they caught their killer and found Jessie Marie Davis.  Now if only they could find Brian Schaffer.

We could learn a lot from crayons...

some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names, and all are different colors, but they all exist very nicely in the same box.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #474 on: December 15, 2008, 03:44:03 PM »

Why is he milling around talking to onlookers... This bugs the crap out of me!!!!!!

Me too.  I know he's a publicity whore, but it's now time to respectfully take a step back when it comes to the actual scene, which has nothing to do with him.   

I appreciate his info about the inner workings of the crazy Ant home, but he's stepping over the line being at the scene.   

Well, since he won't be "Finding Caylee in Blanchard Park little Econ" in front of all the media~I guess he just stands around waiting and hoping someone will ask for his photograph or his 11th theory on the case so far.......Grrrrrrrr

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #475 on: December 15, 2008, 03:44:08 PM »

The Anthonys have placed cameras at their house and hired a security team because they are wary of neighbors or others who may try to profit from Caylee's disappearance by selling information or photos to tabloids, Conway said.

Of course there is no mention of how much the neighbors' lives have been disrupted.  And if the neighbors were going to be selling things, don't you think that their faces would have been all over the news by now.  The neighbors have shown restraint as far as I can see. 
Hudsunn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #476 on: December 15, 2008, 03:44:37 PM »

One thing that can be said about Casey thus far---she has not tried to throw Tony or Amy under the bus.  She had an opportunity to try to cast doubt on Tony when Kristina asked if Tony was involved and she very clearly exonerated him.  She also said she felt guilty about stealing from Amy, though her reason for saying that was self-serving, because she added that she had been desperate then.  She said she distrusted Jesse, but I think that is just because she thought he would not say good things about her or the family to the cops.  He knew too much about them.  But Cindy has tried to implicate everyone from Jesse to Ricardo to Amy and God knows who else. 

I think it is very possible that one of the three Anthonys -- George, Cindy or Lee --  disposed of evidence very knowingly and deliberately.  I also think they made a concerted effort to throw police off the trail and keep them from finding the body.  If you think about it, they constantly said that Caylee was seen in other states or Puerto Rico and only once at a mall in Orlando when someone reported seeing her there.  They were most eager to jump on the rumor that Caylee had been seen at an Orlando airport leaving soon after the arrest of Casey.

It is possible they knew or suspected that Caylee was "close by" from what Casey old them and that they worked hard to send the cops on wild-goose chases to other states and other cities in Florida.
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #477 on: December 15, 2008, 03:45:20 PM »

Posted on Monday, 12.15.08

Missing girl: Grandparents hope skull not Caylee's
The Associated Press

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The grandparents of missing toddler Caylee Anthony hope that a child's skull found near their home doesn't belong to their granddaughter, but are realistic about the possibility that the recently uncovered remains may be hers, their attorney said Monday.

George and Cindy Anthony are asking for privacy until the medical examiner is able to identify the remains found last week in woods near their home, attorney Bradley Conway said.

"They're not grieving yet because we don't know whose body this is," Conway said. "But if it is identified as Caylee, they are going to go through that grief process privately, and when they're ready to speak they will."

The Anthony's 22-year-old daughter, Casey Anthony, was charged with first-degree murder months after the girl disappeared in June. She is being held without bond at the Orange County Jail.

Authorities said Casey Anthony waited a month to report her daughter missing last July. She initially told police that she left the child with a baby sitter, but detectives said her story was untrue. Her parents still believe her story and support her, the attorney said.

Caylee and her mother lived with George and Cindy Anthony. The grandparents have returned home after spending time in a hotel while investigators searched their house for evidence late last week. Their attorney said that items were taken from their home which were not on a search warrant.

Crime scene technicians and detectives on Monday continued to search the woods near the Anthony home, where the skull was found last week by a meter reader. Capt. Angelo Nieves, a spokesman for the Orange County Sheriff's Office, said he couldn't confirm reports that more bones had been found in the area over the weekend.

"There have been significant finds there at the location," Nieves said. "We're not providing additional information as to what evidence has been recovered."

Conway said the grandparents were not being investigated for any crimes, such as obstruction of justice. George and Cindy Anthony have been fingerprinted by investigators but only to rule them out as suspects. They are cooperating with detectives, he said.

"They have not obstructed any investigation," Conway said. "They haven't destroyed any evidence. They have in no way interfered with what the ... sheriff's office has to do."

"They don't know who to trust other than themselves and the team that is assigned to protect and defend them," he said.
End Quote

Of course they don't want anyone profitting off Caylee...anyone except themselves, of course!!

HER PARENTS STILL BELIEVE HER STORY AND SUPPORT HER!!!!??? WTF??? They can't even get it right through their damned attorney & LE took things not on the search warrant, OMG!!! Can't they do that anyway! Here we go again!! They'll never stop spinning, I had hope for their sanity & was beginning to feel a little sympathy for them! I should've known they'd do this!!! AAAARRRRGGGHHH!!!! 

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #478 on: December 15, 2008, 03:45:46 PM »

Hi Monkeys, I'm too far behind to catch up so I started on page 95 of the last thread. I did see this on the last thread, from No Rose Colored glasses:

"What a beautiful memorial, with flowers, and stuffed animals, I hope no one gets any lame idea to go and destroy it. If that story about a birthday party is true, all I can say is what mother would go over and yell about her daughter not getting attention? The world revolves around Casey at least in her eyes. Can you just imagine the jealousy she had for Caylee?"

What's the story about the birthday party? Could someone please fill me in? TIA
When Casey was in the 6th grade she went to a friends b-party, and called her mom, upset that no one was paying attention to her. Cindy went over to the party and got mad at the mother of the b-girl, because Casey was not getting any attention. I don't know if this is a true story, but would seem to fit.
Monkey See Monkey Don't Do
Scared Monkey

« Reply #479 on: December 15, 2008, 03:46:00 PM »

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.