April 19, 2024, 10:58:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, FL Missing since June 16-just reported by mother #75  (Read 310559 times)
Mon Quixote
Scared Monkey

« Reply #840 on: December 15, 2008, 06:41:03 PM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/18285004/detail.html

No Reward For Meter Reader Who Found Skull
Monday, December 15, 2008 – updated: 6:18 pm EST December 15, 2008

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- It was a meter reader who found the remains that could be Caylee Anthony. He's having a tough time and does not want to talk with the media and he is so disturbed by what he found his bosses have given him some time off of work.

When the Orange County meter reader discovered a skull in the woods not too far from Caylee Anthony's home his supervisor called 911.

That phone call makes the meter reader ineligible for a $5,000 Crimeline reward. To collect the reward, you have to call Crimeline first before you call 911.

"You have to initiate a tip with Crimeline at 1-800-423-TIPS," explained Detective Barb Bergin, Crimeline. "We don't have enough money to pay rewards to everyone who calls 911."

Bergin encourages people to call 911 if there is an emergency, but Crimeline calls are answered 24 hours a day.

"As calls come in, if it's something that needs an emergency or needs law enforcement, we have people in place for that to happen immediately," Bergin said.

Bounty hunter Leonard Padilla offered a $50,000 reward for Caylee's body, but pulled the money when people complained searchers were tearing up their yards looking for remains.

"I don't want to get sued," Padilla said.

Still, Padilla plans thinks the meter reader deserves some kind of reward and he plans to write him a check if the remains belong to Caylee.

"It's going to be a figure between five and ten grand involved easily," he said. "Nobody looks at bags out here in these palmettos, they just walk by it. This guy had the foresight to go over and do it."

Crimeline detectives told Eyewitness News they never make exceptions. You have to call the tip line first if you want to be eligible for a reward. While they have received complaints from people who called 911 first and then tried to collect the money, they always stick to their policy.

Crimeline has achieved a lot fighting crime in Central Florida. During the last year, Crimeline tips have generated 1,100 arrests and solved 1,200 cases.

Crimeline gave out $340,000 in rewards. That money comes from a trust fund in the Attorney General's Office.

Klaas, that is a ridiculous policy, imo.  Just think if he would have called Crimeline first everyone would be screaming he is a money grubbing blankety blank.  Thats not fair.   

It isn't fair.  This man did not set out to find Caylee, it was completely serendipitous.  Who, besides people actively looking for a reward, keep the Crimeline number handy?  Think about it, the guy would have also been dinged for *not* having called 911 first.  We've all said, this man's life was changed in an instant and things will take a long time to get back to normal for him, if ever.  This guy didn't do anything wrong, he did everything right - he brought Caylee home and it stinks that they aren't going to give him at least part of the reward. 

I bet LP does pony up some dough.  On the cynical side, it's good press.  On the other side, it's just a nice thing to do.

A poet once said, "This is the way the world ends, not with a bang, but with a whimper..." That line makes me think of Caylee and the way these remains were found.  It wasn't during any of the big (or little) searches, there was no big circus surrounding the actual find, it was quiet, and there was a collective whimper of sorts when we all heard.  The bang happens now in the aftermath.

Just my two cents...
C
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #841 on: December 15, 2008, 06:41:09 PM »

No Reward For Meter Reader Who Found Skull
Monday, December 15, 2008 – updated: 6:18 pm EST December 15, 2008

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- It was a meter reader who found the remains that could be Caylee Anthony. He's having a tough time and does not want to talk with the media and he is so disturbed by what he found his bosses have given him some time off of work.

When the Orange County meter reader discovered a skull in the woods not too far from Caylee Anthony's home his supervisor called 911.

That phone call makes the meter reader ineligible for a $5,000 Crimeline reward. To collect the reward, you have to call Crimeline first before you call 911.

"You have to initiate a tip with Crimeline at 1-800-423-TIPS," explained Detective Barb Bergin, Crimeline. "We don't have enough money to pay rewards to everyone who calls 911."

Bergin encourages people to call 911 if there is an emergency, but Crimeline calls are answered 24 hours a day.

"As calls come in, if it's something that needs an emergency or needs law enforcement, we have people in place for that to happen immediately," Bergin said.

Bounty hunter Leonard Padilla offered a $50,000 reward for Caylee's body, but pulled the money when people complained searchers were tearing up their yards looking for remains.

"I don't want to get sued," Padilla said.

Still, Padilla plans thinks the meter reader deserves some kind of reward and he plans to write him a check if the remains belong to Caylee.

"It's going to be a figure between five and ten grand involved easily," he said. "Nobody looks at bags out here in these palmettos, they just walk by it. This guy had the foresight to go over and do it."

Crimeline detectives told Eyewitness News they never make exceptions. You have to call the tip line first if you want to be eligible for a reward. While they have received complaints from people who called 911 first and then tried to collect the money, they always stick to their policy.

Crimeline has achieved a lot fighting crime in Central Florida. During the last year, Crimeline tips have generated 1,100 arrests and solved 1,200 cases.

Crimeline gave out $340,000 in rewards. That money comes from a trust fund in the Attorney General's Office.

I will be interested to see IF LP actually does this or is it going to turn out like the 500 bounty hunters who were coming to look for Caylee

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
anothermonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #842 on: December 15, 2008, 06:41:15 PM »

Just watched Capt. Angelo Nieves latest presser and boy is he one strictly business cool cucumber. I like him. 

There is something about him.... 

Denial- turning people crazy all over the world! 
N2WISHN
Monkey Junky

« Reply #843 on: December 15, 2008, 06:41:32 PM »

"In the statement, George and Cindy Anthony say if the remains are Caylee's, the babysitter Casey Anthony says she left Caylee with may have played a role in her death."

OMG !!!   seriously ? I mean, I knew it was coming...but still... oh I am so freaking mad.

I really can't believe this new attorney allowed them to make that stupid statement.... guess I gave him more credit than I should have

He is representing them for FREE. That tells me he's like all the rest. Why would any attorney want to represent those scum bags for free. Guess he's just another one of the pack trying to make a name for himself. Hope he's a lousy lawyer. They need to go down and pay for all the trouble they caused.
CharlieGirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

~JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE~

« Reply #844 on: December 15, 2008, 06:42:17 PM »

Boo-  how did things go today? 
Things went well due to all your prayers. Got woke up at 5am b/c they resched to 8am. Hate those early morning calls! They scare me! He smiled when I told him you guys were praying for him and he says thanks. The tests, etc. say it isn't as bad as they had thought. No surgery, going to resch for Jan. b/c where he does need a stent, it's too long of an area. So docs are going to consult and proceed in January.

I have to say, all your prayers and comments have blessed my heart. I read each one and cried that you guys really care for me and each other. Joining this board has to be one the best decisions I made this year. So many friends I never had before! Caylee is one blessed little angel to have you people too!! Thank you again!

Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #845 on: December 15, 2008, 06:42:31 PM »

There is something about the light from the TV camera that is prophetic.

George and Cindy Anthony were allowed to return to their family home on Hope Spring Drive
near the crime scene

CynInOregon
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #846 on: December 15, 2008, 06:42:43 PM »

Things went well due to all your prayers. Got woke up at 5am b/c they resched to 8am. Hate those early morning calls! They scare me! He smiled when I told him you guys were praying for him and he says thanks. The tests, etc. say it isn't as bad as they had thought. No surgery, going to resch for Jan. b/c where he does need a stent, it's too long of an area. So docs are going to consult and proceed in January.

I have to say, all your prayers and comments have blessed my heart. I read each one and cried that you guys really care for me and each other. Joining this board has to be one the best decisions I made this year. So many friends I never had before! Caylee is one blessed little angel to have you people too!! Thank you again!
isnt it a true blessing that we were all able to come together in the name of one beautiful little Caylee Marie?
you are in my familys prayers
Cyndi

www.myspace.com/cynthiawalker

In Loving Memory of Our Beautiful Angel Heather and Precious Angel Caylee.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #847 on: December 15, 2008, 06:42:46 PM »

I love this comment found on another forum:

----

"I believe the A's have left the territory of Obstruction (misdemeanor) and have strolled into the valley of Criminal Accessory after the fact. (felony)."

We can only HOPE!!!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #848 on: December 15, 2008, 06:42:56 PM »

"Immunity" disgusts me!  "...... we will quit lying only if you promise not to put us in jail. Our sorry butts are are are worth more than providing the truth about our murdered grandbaby." 

Mon Quixote
Scared Monkey

« Reply #849 on: December 15, 2008, 06:43:43 PM »

"In the statement, George and Cindy Anthony say if the remains are Caylee's, the babysitter Casey Anthony says she left Caylee with may have played a role in her death."

OMG !!!   seriously ? I mean, I knew it was coming...but still... oh I am so freaking mad.

I really can't believe this new attorney allowed them to make that stupid statement.... guess I gave him more credit than I should have

New attorney doesn't have grammar/spell/style check either...  on going when they meant ongoing.  Stupid and simple but just reflects their attention to details.  This was also poorly written.  I guess the old adage, "You get what you pay for" is holding true.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #850 on: December 15, 2008, 06:44:25 PM »

Conway to seek imunity for his clients

Anthonys: "We Pray These Remains Are Not Caylee"
Monday, December 15, 2008 – updated: 4:18 pm EST December 15, 2008

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The new lawyer for George and Cindy Anthony spoke to the public Monday (watch video). He said he didn't know about plans to prosecute them on charges related to the case, but he did tell Eyewitness News that he is seeking immunity for Caylee's grandparents.

Attorney Brad Conway says he just wants to make sure his clients are protected. He wants to make sure charges aren't filed later.

http://www.wftv.com/news/18282120/detail.html

innocent people don't need immunity

That's what I was thinking!!!!     WOW   
OK - back to reading.....  I'll never catch up.   You guys are too fast!

I know the feeling...sometimes it best to just start her and now

Rest in Peace Caylee

CharlieGirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

~JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE~

« Reply #851 on: December 15, 2008, 06:45:02 PM »

I bet LP does pony up some dough.  On the cynical side, it's good press.  On the other side, it's just a nice thing to do.

A poet once said, "This is the way the world ends, not with a bang, but with a whimper..." That line makes me think of Caylee and the way these remains were found.  It wasn't during any of the big (or little) searches, there was no big circus surrounding the actual find, it was quiet, and there was a collective whimper of sorts when we all heard.  The bang happens now in the aftermath.

Just my two cents...
C

Very well said Smile
Mon Quixote
Scared Monkey

« Reply #852 on: December 15, 2008, 06:45:56 PM »

BIG monkey ((hugs)) with a Get Well Nanner basket for your dad thrown in.  Thnx for the update.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #853 on: December 15, 2008, 06:45:57 PM »

That's good news!

Thanks for the update, and I am very happy to hear he is doing better. We will continue to send him good thoughts!

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #854 on: December 15, 2008, 06:46:05 PM »

thanks for sharing this news with us,,,,

Rest in Peace Caylee

eyecanCOOK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #855 on: December 15, 2008, 06:46:26 PM »

"Immunity" disgusts me!  "...... we will quit lying only if you promise not to put us in jail. Our sorry butts are are are worth more than providing the truth about our murdered grandbaby." 
all I can say plechhhhhhhhhhhh where is the justice here?  I feel bad for them because that child was loved or more that child was a leverage tool...if you do this we will do this...terrible ending.

Kindness is a word the deaf and dumb can understand. No ciggies for one year....ok on to year two
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #856 on: December 15, 2008, 06:46:51 PM »

are the anthonys back at their house ?

I think they are....s.till waiting to hear about a new search warrant being  served!?!?!?

Rest in Peace Caylee

Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

January 8th, 1935 On this day, a King was born !

« Reply #857 on: December 15, 2008, 06:47:07 PM »

Yeah Lenny !! 

That's cool.   I do think Leonard has a big heart - just don't always agree with his theories.

Of course a nice TV presentation of the check won't hurt his image either but so what....I can't believe the meter guy can't collect a reward just because he called 911...how many people carry crimestopers phone number with them...If it's Caylee (and I think it is) then he deserves a reward.

He's got a Big Heart and a Cool Hat 

We will never be able to make a woman want her child. But we as a society could make a safe haven for those children in that situation. Let not one more child die from lack of wanting... We could call it the Caylee House.
CharlieGirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

~JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE~

« Reply #858 on: December 15, 2008, 06:48:59 PM »

Something is certainly wrong with this Wreck   
Fuzzball
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #859 on: December 15, 2008, 06:50:08 PM »

FoxNews just said that other bones are actually being found at the site that may or may not be related to the remains discovered and believed to be Caylee's. I think there is much more going on here than we all suspected.

The "other bones" might not be human. If there were animals in that area that would scatter Caylee's bones, then there is predation and scavenging and you'd expect to find bones of various animals in that area too.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.