April 20, 2024, 02:43:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, FL Missing since June 16-just reported by mother #76  (Read 355234 times)
marymary
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #740 on: December 17, 2008, 12:22:31 AM »

Hi all!

If anyone is still awake, I just want to ask you feelings on why the prosecution is shutting out the defense to the degree that they are?

First, when the defense asked for the tips that LE had, they only put the PHYSICS tips on a disc and then charged them $600+ and said they would not release anymore tips until they paid that amount

Second, they have been soooo uncooperative in letting the defense have ANY access to the crime scene or autopsy.  I know for a fact that in other cases (even the Scott Peterson case) defense experts were allowed to exam the remains, etc

Why are they doing this?  I can understand not allowing them to do anything to interfere, but this goes way beyond that.  I fear they are going to hurt their case if they do this out of some kind of spite, rather than a valid reason!  It has me worried!

Any thoughts?

I think because they know they are up against a group of vulchers who will say and do anything to win!!!  I believe LE and FBI know what happened and are protecting their case.  JMO
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #741 on: December 17, 2008, 12:22:31 AM »

Klaas - I was told to ask you if my post remind you of Angela?? 

I wonder if Casey is now believing her own lies?   

Angela or Angie911?

Oh I dont know!  Lots of typos though!!

LOL, nope you don't remind me of Angie 
da sparkenator
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #742 on: December 17, 2008, 12:22:43 AM »

Hi guys!  I've been searchin things.  Remember the cable in the bag.  Last I saw everyone was thinking it was a dryer lint removal kit.  Have there been any other suggestions?  I think I have a really good one (really husbands) but don't want to waste time....let me know.

What do you think it is?
It looks like a dog trolley cable we used to have at home.  Here's some pics.
What do you think?

It does look alot like that but those tiny dogs certainly wouldn't be tethered with something like this would they?  I don't think so. 

Perhaps CIndy used it to tether George!   

What day is it?  How long have I been here?
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #743 on: December 17, 2008, 12:26:05 AM »

Hi all!

If anyone is still awake, I just want to ask you feelings on why the prosecution is shutting out the defense to the degree that they are?

First, when the defense asked for the tips that LE had, they only put the PHYSICS tips on a disc and then charged them $600+ and said they would not release anymore tips until they paid that amount

Second, they have been soooo uncooperative in letting the defense have ANY access to the crime scene or autopsy.  I know for a fact that in other cases (even the Scott Peterson case) defense experts were allowed to exam the remains, etc

Why are they doing this?  I can understand not allowing them to do anything to interfere, but this goes way beyond that.  I fear they are going to hurt their case if they do this out of some kind of spite, rather than a valid reason!  It has me worried!

Any thoughts?

I don't believe the prosecution has been uncooperative at all.  I think the defense has been out of line and the judge apparantly feels the same way.

ITA!  The defense needs to stop whining!!  Did they care about Caylee??  Nope!!! Not at all!!  Bunch of cry babies waiting for their big payday!!  IMHO!
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #744 on: December 17, 2008, 12:27:27 AM »

Hi all!

Second, they have been soooo uncooperative in letting the defense have ANY access to the crime scene or autopsy.  I know for a fact that in other cases (even the Scott Peterson case) defense experts were allowed to exam the remains, etc

Why are they doing this?  I can understand not allowing them to do anything to interfere, but this goes way beyond that.  I fear they are going to hurt their case if they do this out of some kind of spite, rather than a valid reason!  It has me worried!

Any thoughts?

JMO~

For one, I don't think the law states anything about defense "experts" to being allowed on an active crime scene, and IIRC from reading the Florida statutes, the autopsy is supposed to be confidential, especially considering they are just bones and not positively identified, the ME has complete discretion over what she thinks is needed to fully and thoroughly investigate cause and manner of death. Once she has and the remains are identified the next of kin has all the say in what happens next. I, for one don't trust the defense "experts", especially after Dr. Lee was found by a court to have hidden/destoyed evidence that was critical in showing homicide vs suicide, nor do I have any respect for him as he is sold to the highest bidder and has an ego the size of Casey. 

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
janetruth
Scared Monkey

« Reply #745 on: December 17, 2008, 12:34:20 AM »

Hi all!

Any thoughts?

I think that Baez has jumped the gun a bit.  The defense gets to the crime scene after the police are done.  the police are not done.  I don't know what happened with the tips.

As far as autopsy goes, they have not yet definitively indentified the remains as Caylee's. Can you imagine the ruckus if the ME let Baez observe, and it WASN'T Caylee?

Lawsuit, right there.

He needs to hold his horses and let the police do their job.
Truth Seeker
Scared Monkey

« Reply #746 on: December 17, 2008, 12:36:11 AM »

I am afraid that they have been.  I am not pro defense here, but they are treating this different than other cases and I am worried that their actions are going to give Casey grounds for appeal.

When Dale Earnheart Sr. died in Florida, his wife had a big battle with the coroner's office NOT TO RELEASE the autopsy photos and records.  It was ground-setting when she won that case.

NOW they are the one's who don't want to release the photos and reports in THIS CASE?

Selective decisions just won't cut it in an appeals case.  The coroner's office was on the side of the press in the Dale Earnheart case to allow the release of the photos and reports to the press.  They said "That is the way we do it hear in Florida", we are an open discovery state.
janetruth
Scared Monkey

« Reply #747 on: December 17, 2008, 12:40:58 AM »

I am afraid that they have been.  I am not pro defense here, but they are treating this different than other cases and I am worried that their actions are going to give Casey grounds for appeal.

When Dale Earnheart Sr. died in Florida, his wife had a big battle with the coroner's office NOT TO RELEASE the autopsy photos and records.  It was ground-setting when she won that case.

NOW they are the one's who don't want to release the photos and reports in THIS CASE?

Selective decisions just won't cut it in an appeals case.  The coroner's office was on the side of the press in the Dale Earnheart case to allow the release of the photos and reports to the press.  They said "That is the way we do it hear in Florida", we are an open discovery state.

Truth Seeker, they have not yet completed their investigation.  After that, the laws kick in.  While it is an ongoing investigation, they are under no obligation to release any crime scene evidence.  In fact, just the opposite.  They must not compromise the investigation.

The death of Dale Earnheart was not a crime.  There was no crime scene.
marymary
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #748 on: December 17, 2008, 12:40:59 AM »

I am afraid that they have been.  I am not pro defense here, but they are treating this different than other cases and I am worried that their actions are going to give Casey grounds for appeal.

When Dale Earnheart Sr. died in Florida, his wife had a big battle with the coroner's office NOT TO RELEASE the autopsy photos and records.  It was ground-setting when she won that case.

Selective decisions just won't cut it in an appeals case.  The coroner's office was on the side of the press in the Dale Earnheart case to allow the release of the photos and reports to the press.  They said "That is the way we do it hear in Florida", we are an open discovery state.

Maybe because they don't know for sure who's remains they are autopsing (is that a word?) 
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #749 on: December 17, 2008, 12:44:09 AM »

The scene is stll a unprocessed crime scene. The defense shouldn't be in there at all.
If that was your loved one, would you want these hawkers and gawkers in there ?
The ME has more concern for the deceased than the defense ghouls. JB & ' Team' will get what they need when everyone else is finished and in a timely manner before the trial. The ME said she didn't want strangers in there. How can she do her job with Dr. Lee in there ? Things might disappear or appear. They could contaminate the evidence by accident or on purpose. It's all just a game to that ' team'. I have not heard anything human come from them.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #750 on: December 17, 2008, 12:45:55 AM »

It would be irresponsible for them to release information on the autopsy and the crime scene to the defense UNTIL positive identification is made of the body.  Period!
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #751 on: December 17, 2008, 12:47:26 AM »

T\

That is why Florida passed this law:

In 2001, Florida passed a law, known as the Earnhardt Family Protection Act. The bill, named for NASCAR legend Dale Earnhardt, made autopsy photographs, video and audio recordings confidential. Violators could be charged with a third degree felony.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #752 on: December 17, 2008, 12:48:55 AM »

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Messed up my own d@mn quote

That is why Florida passed this law:

In 2001, Florida passed a law, known as the Earnhardt Family Protection Act. The bill, named for NASCAR legend Dale Earnhardt, made autopsy photographs, video and audio recordings confidential. Violators could be charged with a third degree felony.

[
marymary
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #753 on: December 17, 2008, 12:50:40 AM »

I am afraid that they have been.  I am not pro defense here, but they are treating this different than other cases and I am worried that their actions are going to give Casey grounds for appeal.

When Dale Earnheart Sr. died in Florida, his wife had a big battle with the coroner's office NOT TO RELEASE the autopsy photos and records.  It was ground-setting when she won that case.

Selective decisions just won't cut it in an appeals case.  The coroner's office was on the side of the press in the Dale Earnheart case to allow the release of the photos and reports to the press.  They said "That is the way we do it hear in Florida", we are an open discovery state.

It would be irresponsible for them to release information on the autopsy and the crime scene to the defense UNTIL positive identification is made of the body.  Period!

I agree. Exclamation point!!
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #754 on: December 17, 2008, 12:50:43 AM »

http://edition.cnn.com/interactive/us/0702/smith.autopsy/frameset.exclude.html

Here is the link thaty applies to autopsies and the various states. Just click on the link and then the state.

[
Fuzzball
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #755 on: December 17, 2008, 12:53:42 AM »

Do y'all remember that password that Casey had, 'timer55' ??  Was looking over at the google map, it's 55 seconds (driving time) from the A's house to the remains site.   

OMG this girl was sick. It so could be. I had heard about the timer55 and someone like casey anthony puts alot of thought in her myspace and facebook. its significant to her. I like this theory, but I still like 55 days to caylees birthday from June 16.

I read someplace that timer55 wasn't even her real password--that's just what she told Cindy. She gave Lee a different password when he asked. I doubt she even knows how long it takes to drive to the remains site. Not saying she's not sick or that it's not a creepy coincidence.
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #756 on: December 17, 2008, 12:57:58 AM »

What is it you are both are trying to convey!!!   
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #757 on: December 17, 2008, 01:00:28 AM »

Well TY for posting the LAW. Debate over.
marymary
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #758 on: December 17, 2008, 01:01:14 AM »

What is it you are both are trying to convey!!!   

Read the post!! semi colon
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #759 on: December 17, 2008, 01:01:18 AM »

Well TY for posting the LAW. Debate over.

YEP! 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.