March 29, 2024, 08:36:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Serial Killer? Jefferson Davis Parish, Louisiana 7 dead women since 5/05  (Read 41133 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: December 16, 2008, 02:08:48 PM »

The Advocate

December 15, 2008 Monday

Fear grips Jefferson Davis Parish in wake of deaths *** Some residents say young women's killer may be at large

JENNINGS - The teenager had been missing only a few days when talk about her disappearance turned toward fears that she had become the seventh victim.

Normally, the disappearance of a 17-year-old could mean many things.

But not here.

The past three years have changed the mindset of people in rural Jefferson Davis Parish, an area with a population of less than 32,000 in southwestern Louisiana. Now, when a girl like Brittney Ann Gary goes missing, everyone fears the worst.

She had known four of the previous six victims, and when the search began, it was not for Gary, but rather for her body.

Everyone knew exactly where to look.

They returned to the areas where each of the past six bodies turned up, floating in rural canals or dumped along rural roadways in the parish.

It was just a matter of time.

Nearly two weeks later, on Nov. 15, they found Gary's decomposed body about a half-mile south of La. 1126 on Keystone Road, about 3 miles from where the first remains were discovered in 2005.

She had become what everyone feared: the seventh name on a growing list that had previously contained:

Loretta Lynn Chaisson, 28, found May 20, 2005, in a canal.

Ernestine Daniels Patterson, 29, found 17 days later in a canal six miles away.

Kristen Gary Lopez, 21, found March 18, 2007, in a rural canal south of Welsh. Lopez was Gary's cousin.

Whitnei Charlene Dubois, 26, found May 12, 2007, on a rural road just south of Jennings.

Laconia Shontel "Muggy" Brown, 23, found May 12 on a rural road in Jennings.

Crystal Shay Benoit Zeno, 23, found decomposed Sept. 11 off LaCour Road in rural Jeff Davis Parish.

A big challenge

"Having multiple victims with no actual crime scene other than a disposal scene has presented very big challenges as far as picking up where the crime occurred," Sheriff Ricky Edwards said. "There are very difficult obstacles that we have to overcome."

The main one appears to be tracking down that special lead that can break a case open.

During a recent city meeting, Jennings Police Chief Johnny Lassiter spoke softly as he talked about the victims, only one of which has turned up in the city limits, to a crowd of concerned residents.

"I can't tell you it's going to be solved anytime soon. ... It's going to take a break in the case," he said.

Authorities have brought in outside help, including the FBI and its behavioral analysts, State Police, the Louisiana Attorney General's Office, and other local agencies.

Serial killer?

Many people here consider it the work of a serial killer or killers, but authorities have refused to characterize it that way.

Edwards said the term is a label applied to cases by the media.

The FBI uses the term and recently even issued a report on "Serial Murders," which provided a historical and authoritative voice aimed at developing a national consensus on the subject.

Edwards' reasoning behind not linking the bodies to the work of the same person or persons is rooted in the difficulty of grouping the deaths into clear categories.

There were two bodies found in 2005, two in 2007 and three so far this year.

Two victims were black women. Five were white women.

Only three have been ruled homicides, with two of them dying from having their throats cut. The cause of death in the remaining five have not been released or determined, but all are being treated as homicides.

Toxicology reports found drugs in many of the victims' systems, but in varying levels of toxicity.

Some were found nude or only partially clothed, while others were clothed but missing certain garments.

Most of the bodies were found within two or three miles of one another, but one was dumped well outside of that range.

The strongest connection appears to be the relationship between the victims themselves.

The women ran in the same social circles and lived similar lifestyles.

Most lived their lives on the city's streets or in its crack houses. Many engaged in prostitution and had records including theft, assault, robberies and, in one instance, a rape charge that was later dropped.

Gary's mother said her daughter was an exception.

The young woman had cleaned up her drug habits and had never been a prostitute, her mother said.

But Gary did know the last four of the other victims and was a cousin to Lopez.

All four were involved in those activities, authorities said.

The women were mostly social outcasts living in Jennings, a small city of about 11,000 people.

Public apathy?

Some have taken offense to labels applied to the women, namely that they lived "high-risk lifestyles."

There is also concern that their lifestyles and the fact that the majority lived within the city's economically depressed south side have led to public apathy about the crimes.

"Regardless of the lifestyles, those girls are all of our daughters, and were it not but for the grace of God we could be caught in similar bondages," said the Rev. Gerald Perkins, a minister at Union Baptist Church in Jennings.

But the victims' lifestyles have shaped the investigation into their deaths.

In many cases, they were women who regularly climbed into the cars of strangers.

They could disappear for a few days or even a week without prompting fear or concern from family members or friends.

But Gary's case was different.

On the evening of Nov. 2, she left on foot for a trip to a nearby Family Dollar Store.

A surveillance tape shows her making a purchase and then leaving the store headed in the direction of her home.

Her mother, Teresa Gary, reported her missing the next day.

It was the first time authorities had a beginning and an end point from which to work.

If that information has provided authorities with new developments, they have remained quiet.

The lack of evidence - despite seven unsolved deaths - has led to rumors that the killings are the work of someone within law enforcement or at least someone with a knowledge of forensics.

Jefferson Davis Parish District Attorney Michael Cassidy discounts the involvement of a police officer but said the killer or killers are likely familiar with how crimes are investigated.

"Just someone who knows some law-enforcement techniques and avoids being detected," Cassidy said. "It's hard to believe you would be able to avoid detection in our small area."

Edwards said investigators have worked through rumors of the possibility that a law enforcement officer is involved and nothing has come from them.

Rumors, little evidence

There are other rumors, too.

There was speculation early on that the first two victims, Chaisson and Patterson, were killed by Mexican migrant workers after the two women allegedly robbed a group of workers in town, according to court records.

Some believe that at least two of the victims, Patterson and Lopez, may not have any connection with the others. Arrests were made in both those cases but the charges were not pursued.

In Patterson's case, the court records detail extensive work on the investigation.

Detectives conducted multiple interviews over several weeks; took fiber samples from the trunk of a car that might have carried her body; and removed, piece by piece, a porch where the girlfriend of one of the two suspects said Patterson's body had been placed in a trash bag soon after her death.

Fibers from the vehicle and wood from the porch turned up no DNA or blood evidence.

Cassidy said the lack of physical evidence left him with a case supported only by the uncorroborated statement of the girlfriend, "who did not actually see the death and did not actually see the body."

The Lopez case also lacked physical evidence and was supported by the statement of one witness.

Cassidy said the investigation fell apart after that witness changed her story, not once, but four times.

"Her credibility - I'm not going to say diminished. It was gone," he said.

Cassidy said it is unlikely that the initial suspects in the Lopez and Patterson cases could be involved in all of the homicides.

Of the three men targeted in the investigations, two were jailed on unrelated charges at the time of other deaths, and one is believed to have long since left the area.

Fear remains

Officials have said they feel like they are getting closer each day, although it's unclear what is shaping those feelings.

In the meantime, a growing sense of uneasiness and distrust continues to build, especially among people who knew the victims.

Laconia Brown's sister, 26-year-old Kendra Brown, cannot help but worry.

She knew Brittney, who was close friends with her sister, and worries that, because Brittney and Lopez were both related, whoever is responsible for their deaths could return for another member of her family.

"I'm scared," Brown said. "I've got three children. They could be coming to get one of the next family members. They could be looking at our faces."

Murdered women found in Jefferson Davis Parish

1. Loreta Lynn Chaisson, 28, found May 20, 2005.

2. Ernestine Daniels Patterson, 29 found June 6, 2005.

3. Kristen Gary Lopez, 21, found March 18, 2007.

4. Whitnei Charlene Dubois, 26, found May 12, 2007.

5. Laconia Shontel "Muggy" Brown, 23, found May 12, 2008

6. Crystal Shay Benoit Zeno, 23, found Sept. 11, 2008.

7. Brittney Ann Gary, 17, found Nov. 15, 2008 

Color photos: Color mugs of murdered women found in Jefferson Davis Parish including Laconia Shontel "Muggy" Brown; Whitnei Charlene Dubois; Brittney Ann Gary; Crystal Shay Benoit Zeno Color graphic: List of murdered women found in Jefferson Davis Parish with map showing where Jennings is located (Advocate map) (Text Attached)
http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/36149329.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
G8trgirl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 11:25:58 PM »

If anyone here is interested in following this case further here's a link with more details http://jdpkiller.wordpress.com/.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 01:11:05 PM »

Thank you and Welcome!

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
G8trgirl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 11:53:05 PM »

Thank you and Welcome!
Thanks Nut 

I hope people will start following the case.....it's pretty interesting.  These people need some media and internet coverage....seems like when the media gets interested it puts a little more pressure on LE to stay diligent with their investigations.  It also allow the families to get their stories out.

Thanks again for the welcome.
G8trgirl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 12:11:44 AM »

Quick O/T question....is it possible to edit a post?  I made a typo and didn't see where I could edit it.

Thanks
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2009, 12:53:34 PM »

Only Admin and Mods can edit. I searched for an error and didn't see any.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2009, 01:08:55 PM »

Posted on January 9, 2009 by g8trgirl

The family of possible serial killer victim Laconia “Muggy” Brown will hold a march and a memorial service on Saturday, Jan. 24 in remembrance of their loved one.  Brown’s was the fifth body found in a string of seven unsolved homicides of Jeff Davis Parish women stretching back to 2005.

http://jdpkiller.wordpress.com/

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2009, 01:13:12 PM »

Photos of victims
http://jdpkiller.wordpress.com/victims/

Many times (NOT ALWAYS) when a serial killer is responsible, there will be a physical likeness between victims. I do not see that here.

G8trgirl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2009, 01:50:55 PM »

Photos of victims
http://jdpkiller.wordpress.com/victims/

Many times (NOT ALWAYS) when a serial killer is responsible, there will be a physical likeness between victims. I do not see that here.

I don't see one either......the only similarity may be in that they were petite, young (17-29) and ran in the same circle and/or related to one another.  Of course, there is the drug factor linking them but I think that is secondary.  Race is not a factor.  The killer is not targeting (that we know of) males or older women.

The killings are serial in nature yet there appears to be more to it.  Question is.....what is it?
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2009, 10:03:51 AM »

Body Found in Acadia Parish
Posted: Aug 20, 2009 05:42 AM

Body Found in Acadia Parish

The body of an unidentified woman has been found off Interstate 10 in Acadia Parish, near the Jeff Davis Parish line, and now the investigation begins to identify her.

Someone did report a missing woman to Jennings Police around 1:30 Wednesday afternoon. During that investigation, the Acadia Sheriff's Department received a call from workers cutting the grass near mile marker 73 that a body was found down an embankment off the interstate.

Police also are trying to determine how she died.

Authorities are wary that this could be associated with 7 other unsolved deaths out of Jeff Davis Parish.

"Unless we can determine this is not associated with other 7 bodies, then we will be the lead investigators" Said Acadia Parish Sherriff Wayne Melancon.

"Call it precautions, call it proactive in making sure, we're jumping the gun and assuming that it is, so we can be further ahead in investigation when we get details in this one" Said Jeff Davis Parish Sherriff Rickey Edwards.

Seven women have been found dead, dumped on the side of rural roads in Jeff Davis Parish, within the last few years. Not one of those cases has been solved.
http://www.klfy.com/global/story.asp?s=10961117

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2009, 10:08:25 AM »

Woman's body found in Acadia

JEFF MOORE • JEFFMOORE@THEADVERTISER.COM • AUGUST 20, 2009

EGAN — Investigators were working to determine whether the body of an unidentified woman found along Interstate 10 Wednesday could be linked to a string of unsolved killings in Jefferson Davis Parish.

Acadia Parish Sheriff's Office Maj. Keith Latiola said a maintenance crew cutting grass along the interstate discovered the body around 2:30 p.m. between mileposts 72 and 73.

The body was located at the bottom of a hill near the Egan Ballpark on the north side of the interstate.

A large, blue tarp covered the body as deputies waited for federal investigators to arrive at the scene.

FBI officials out of New Orleans were on their way to recover the body, which was to be taken to the Calcasieu Parish Coroner's Office for an autopsy.

There were no missing persons reported in Acadia Parish as of Wednesday, but a woman was reported missing in Jennings just an hour before the body was found.

The Jennings Police Department said the missing woman is Necole Guillory, a white female about 27 years old.

"Naturally, because of the female missing in Jeff Davis (Parish), it's a possibility that the body found here in Acadia could be her," Latiola said.

Jefferson Davis Parish officials are still searching for suspects in the unsolved deaths of seven women from 2005 to 2008.

Each of the women's decomposed bodies were found in public, rural areas of the parish within days of disappearing.

A task force composed of eight local, state and federal enforcement agencies is investigating the killings.

Task force agents were on the scene Wednesday to determine whether the body discovered Wednesday could be tied to the earlier killings.

"It's way too early to tell," said Jefferson Davis Parish Sheriff Ricky Edwards. "But we're not ruling that out."

Edit:  Add link per cartfly: http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20090820/NEWS01/908200314/-1/NEWSFRONT2/Woman-s-body-found-in-Acadia 

« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 10:15:02 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2009, 10:11:44 AM »

Oops I did it again: (oh, muffybee...can you fix this for me again? Thanks in advance!!!::MonkeyAngel:Smile  Fixed-YW.  MB

The link for the above story:
http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20090820/NEWS01/908200314/-1/NEWSFRONT2/Woman-s-body-found-in-Acadia
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 10:15:43 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2009, 10:41:51 AM »

Murder documentary to film in La.
JULY 28, 2009

JENNINGS (AP) — A documentary film crew from Switzerland is heading to Jefferson Davis Parish in September to do a film on the unsolved deaths of seven women found dumped in rural parts of the parish during the last four years.

There is speculation that the women were targeted by a serial killer or killers. Officials have not linked the deaths, other than to say that the women all knew each other or appeared to have mutual acquaintances.

The film crew is scheduled to arrive in Louisiana in early September, near the one-year anniversary of the discovery of Crystal Shay Benoit Zeno's body — the sixth woman dumped in the parish.

Two months later, a family search party found the body of 17-year-old Brittany Ann Gary, who had been missing for several days.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2009, 02:27:53 PM »

No word yet whether body found is that of missing woman

Updated: Aug 20, 2009 1:34 PM EDT

LAKE CHARLES, LA (KPLC) -Officials in Jeff Davis and Acadia Parishes are not saying whether they believe the body found along Interstate Ten near Egan may be the woman reported missing earlier. But we are learning more about 27 year old Necole Guillory.

Jennings Police say Guillory was arrested in 2006 for possession of marijuana and cocaine.

Guillory was reported missing to Jennings polcie scarcely an hour before the body of a dead woman was found. Guillory was reported missing by her mother at 1:30 in the afternoon on Wednesday. Police say she had been missing since Sunday.

It was an hour later when the body of a woman was found along I-10 in Acadia Parish.

At last word Necole Guillory was still considered missing.

As to the body found, Jeff Davis Sheriff Ricky Edwards issued a statement on where things stand.. He says: "As the victim has not been positively identified and we are still in the initial stages of the investigation, it would be premature at this stageand possibly detrimental to the investigation to make any statements or draw any conclusions."

As well, authorities are not saying whether the body is connected to the seven bodies of women dumped in various areas of Jeff Davis Parish since 2005. The dead woman's body is at the Lake Charles Coroner's office where work is underway to determine the victim's identity. An autopsy will be performed to determine the cause and manner of death.

http://www.kplctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=10963691

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2009, 06:33:13 PM »

PRESS RELEASE
http:// [url]http://www.klfy.com/global/story.asp?s=10961117/url]

UPDATE

The Multi-Agency Investigative Task Force comprised of the Acadia, Calcasieu, Jefferson Davis Parish Sheriff's Offices, Jennings Police Department, 15th and 31st Judicial District Attorney's Offices,  LA State Police, LA Attorney General's Office and the FBI, is continuing to investigate the recent series of homicides of women who resided within Jennings, LA.  To date, the Task Force has thoroughly pursued the leads generated by public response.

On Wednesday 08/19/2009, another female homicide victim was discovered in Acadia Parish.  The body found has been positively identified as Necole Guillory, the young lady that was reported missing to Jennings Police Department on Wednesday. 

This most recent, unfortunate discovery has prompted the Task Force to request the public's continued assistance and vigilance. Our first goal is public safety, which necessitates the gathering of as much information as possible.

The Task Force has reason to believe that there may be individuals who have information pertinent to this investigation, who have yet to come forward. We are appealing to these people specifically, and the general public, to contact the Task Force with any information they believe may pertain to this investigation and/or the people, facts and circumstances surrounding these murders.

Additionally, the Task Force is asking the public's assistance in identifying possible suspects through observations of changes in their behavior. Violent offenders often exhibit some noticeable behavioral changes following the commission of a crime. Often, members of the community will unknowingly be associated with the offender of a crime, and may observe behavioral changes in that person. While they will recognize the changes, and may even question the offender about such changes, they may not recognize the relationship between such behavioral changes and the offender's involvement in the crimes. The following are behaviors and characteristics that the offender may exhibit:

In reaction to heightened public awareness and intensive law enforcement investigation, the offender has changed his method of operation. For instance, the most recent victim's body was discarded off to the side of Interstate 10 in Acadia Parish. Previous victims' bodies were discarded off to the side of smaller, rural roads.

The offender is likely to pay very close attention to the police investigation, media coverage and even private discussions pertaining to this series of murders.

The offender is likely to have displayed increased nervousness in the time periods immediately following the murders and the body discoveries.

The offender may have increased his use of drugs and/or alcohol to contend with the nervousness and experienced stress resulting from increased awareness and vigilance of both the police and the public.

In the time period immediately following the murders and the body discoveries, the offender may have altered       his daily routine. He may have left the area temporarily; he may have been absent from work, cancelled appointments and/or social engagements.

The offender may have changed his mode of transportation, e.g., changed his vehicle, sold or claimed to have sold his vehicle, cleaned or had his vehicle cleaned, possibly including the vehicle's interior.

The offender is someone with significant ties to the Jennings and Jefferson Davis Parish area. He has demonstrated a strong familiarity with the area, and is someone known to residents there.

The offender may have been seen in the area of Jennings where these young ladies disappeared from.  He may have been, and perhaps is still frequenting the area.

The Task Force encourages anyone with information to contact them at (337) 824-6662.

EVEN IF IT IS THOUGHT THAT THE INFORMATION IS UNIMPORTANT OR HAS BEEN REPORTED TO LAW ENFORCEMENT PREVIOUSLY, PLEASE CALL: YOURS MAY BE THE CALL THAT SAVES
LIVES!

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2009, 08:24:13 AM »

Eighth victim -- Jenning woman's body found along Interstate 10 in South Louisiana
Gannett Louisiana News • August 21, 2009
JEFF DAVIS PARISH — The discovery of a murdered Jefferson Davis Parish woman's body discarded along Interstate 10 has left residents here experiencing some all too familiar feelings.

"It's scary," Lake Arthur resident Marion Bouler said. "I don't even like going to Jennings any more."

The body was found Wednesday near Egan between Crowley and Jennings and Jeff Davis Sheriff Ricky Edwards has identified the body as 26-year-old Necole Guillory. Bouler attended elementary school with Guillory and lives next door to where Guillory's family once lived.

Hers is the eighth in a string of mysterious deaths of young Jennings women since 2005.

A Multi-Agency Investigative Task Force made up of nine agencies, including the Jefferson Davis Parish Sheriff's Offices and the FBI are investigating what they call the "series of homicides of women who resided within Jennings."

Law officers are asking for public vigilance and requesting information about the murders.

"The offender is someone with significant ties to the Jennings and Jefferson Davis Parish area. He has demonstrated a strong familiarity with the area, and is someone known to residents there," Edwards said in the release. "The offender may have been seen in the area of Jennings where these young ladies disappeared from. He may have been, and perhaps is still frequenting the area."

Anyone with information about the murders can contact the Task Force at 824-6662.

Despite the outreach to the community, some say it is not enough.

Gail Brown, 22, is frustrated that police have not found a suspect in the murders. Her sister LaConia Shontel "Muggy" Brown's body was found doused in bleach in 2005 on a gravel road on the edge of Jennings' city limits.

"It just hurts," she said. "This is the eighth girl and they never found who killed Muggy."

The puzzling deaths began in May 2005 when fisherman discovered the body of 28-year-old Loretta Lynn Chaisson floating in the Grand Marais drainage canal a couple miles southwest of Jennings. After that, Ernestine Marie Daniel Patterson, 29; Kristen Elizabeth Gary Lopez, 21; Whitnei Charlene Dubois, 26; Brown, 23; Chrystal Shay Benoit, 24; and Brittney Gary, 17, were all found dead in rural areas of Jeff Davis Parish.

Gary's body was discovered on Nov. 15, 2008, nearly two weeks after she went missing.

"In reaction to heightened public awareness and intensive law enforcement investigation, the offender has changed his method of operation. For instance, the most recent victim's body was discarded off to the side of Interstate 10 in Acadia Parish," Sheriff Edwards said in a release. "Previous victims' bodies were discarded off to the side of smaller, rural roads."

Although all the dead women used drugs -- most commonly crack cocaine -- and sometimes traded sex for drugs, spent time in jail, knew each other and were disposed of in similar ways, authorities hesitate to say a serial killer is responsible for their deaths.

Guillory's childhood friend Bouler knew most of the victims and said Guillory likely knew all the women. She also lived a similar lifestyle.

Guillory was arrested and convicted of possession of crack cocaine in 2007 and served 20 months in prison for the crime, according to court documents.

She was released earlier this year and at the time of her death, she had a warrant for her arrest. She had violated probation by not keeping in contact with her probation officer.

She had a long list of arrests dating to 2001, including theft, burglary, aggravated assault, aggravated assault of a police officer, resisting arrest, possession of drug paraphernalia and simple criminal damage. Most of the cases were dismissed.

Although Guillory is last known to have lived in Jennings, she grew up in Lake Arthur and only attended school through seventh grade, according to court documents.

Guillory would have been 27 next week. Her last known address was in the Acadian Apartments in Jennings.

Darlene Daigle, a 14-year resident of the apartments, lived near Guillory's apartment. Daigle often sat outside and talked to Guillory, calling her "very outgoing."

Childhood friend Bouler agrees with Daigle.

"She was a very nice girl," she said. "I know these girls did drugs. I know. ... They do not deserve to be killed and something should have been done about this. Eight girls and nobody knows nothing."

http://www.thetowntalk.com/article/20090821/NEWS01/90821009

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2009, 11:23:45 PM »

Latest killing raises old fears in Jennings
TINA MARIE MACIAS • TMACIAS@THEADVERTISER.COM • AUGUST 23, 2009

It is a nightmare the sisters of LaConia "Muggy" Brown had hoped no one else would have to experience — the murder of a loved one.

In early 2008, 23-year-old Brown was the fifth Jennings woman to die among mysterious circumstances. Since Brown's death, three other women have gone missing and been found days later, missing clothes and mostly dumped in public but rural areas of Jefferson Davis Parish.

The most recent victim, 26-year-old Necole Jean Guillory, was found Wednesday in a grassy area near Egan off of Interstate 10 in Acadia Parish. Her death has been ruled as a murder by probable asphyxia, Acadia Parish Coroner Mark Dawson said.

The mysterious deaths of eight Jennings women in four years has left a community on edge, desperate for answers.

"I feel terrible," Kindra Brown said. "I don't think (the police) are doing their job. It's been a year and three months since my sister's been gone. We don't even know if they're coming up with evidence."

After 17-year-old Brittney Gary's body was found in November — the seventh murder — the Jefferson Davis Parish Sheriff's Office assembled a multi-agency investigative task force that includes the Acadia, Calcasieu and Jeff Davis parishes sheriff's offices, Jennings Police Department, the 15th and 31st Judicial District Attorneys' offices, Louisiana State Police, Louisiana Attorney Gen-eral's Office and the FBI.

The task force has pursued leads and tips offered by the public, but is still without a suspect.

When the task force was formed, Jeff Davis Sheriff Ricky Edwards promised that they would create a reward fund for tips that lead to arrests and launch a Web site about the crimes.

The Web site has still not been launched. Edwards did not return phone calls and e-mails requesting comment Friday.

In January, the sheriff's office announced that a $35,000 reward was set up for tips leading to the arrest and conviction of a murderer.

The amount would be prorated per murder.

But Gail Brown, another one of Muggy's sisters, says that reward is too little too late.
"They have to offer a lot more for people to talk," she said. "They're scared."

The small, poor parish of Jefferson Davis Parish has a lot to be proud of. Its high school ACT exam was one of the few in the state to improve this year.

It has one of the lowest dropout rates in the state and is ranked the fifth best school system in the state by the state Department of Educa-tion.

The murdered women are the minority in town, a mix of black and white women who fell through the cracks, dropped out of high school and hung out on the southside of Jennings, where most of the crime in Jeff Davis Parish occurs.

Gail Brown said she has noticed an increase in police on the south side, where she lives, but believes they are targeting the wrong people.

"They're arresting all the drug dealers on Main Street, but they're not looking for who killed my sister," she said.

All the dead women were known to live high-risk lifestyles that included drug use and sometimes selling sex for drugs.

Guillory had been arrested several times and served time for possession of crack cocaine.

Despite the women's high risk lifestyles, friends and families say that should not diminish the urgency of the investigation. Guillory had four children and Muggy Brown had one.

"I know how they're feeling," Kindra Brown said of Guillory's family. "We're sorry that another girl was murdered. I feel the same way that her family feels, and we're hurt too."

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20090823/NEWS01/908230348/Latest-killing-raises-old-fears-in-Jennings&referrer=FRONTPAGECAROUSEL][url]http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20090823/NEWS01/908230348/Latest-killing-raises-old-fears-in-Jennings&referrer=FRONTPAGECAROUSEL[/url]

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2009, 11:27:24 PM »

TIMELINE IN CASE

May 17, 2005: Loretta Lynn Chaisson, 28, is last seen. Her body is found in the Grand Marais drainage canal three miles west of La. 26, just off La. 1126 three days later. No official cause of death is ever determined, but high levels of alcohol and drugs were found in her body.

June 18, 2005: The body of Ernesteine Marie Daniel Patterson, 29, is found in a canal off La. 102, just six miles away from the location of Chaisson’s body. Her death is later ruled as a homicide by a slit throat.

March 8, 2007: Kristen Elizabeth Gary Lopez, 21, goes missing. Ten days later her body is found in the Petitjean Canal, 10 miles south of Welsh. No official cause of death is ever determined, but high levels of alcohol and drugs were found in her body.

May 12, 1007: The body Whitnei Charlene Dubois, 26, is found just south of Jennings in the same vicinity as the other victims, but on a rural road instead of a canal. The cause of her death was never determined, but high levels of alcohol and drugs were found in her body.

May 28, 2008: LaConia Shontel “Muggy” Brown, 23, is last seen by her grandmother, hours before her body was found in the middle of East Racca Road near a police shooting range on the edge of Jennings’ city limits. Her death is ruled as a homicide, but how she was murdered has not been made public.

Sept. 11, 2008: The body of Crystal Shay Benoit Zeno, 24, is found, in a dry canal a couple miles southeast of Jennings but because of the advanced state of decomposition, it took nearly two months to identify her. Her death is ruled as a homicide, but how she was murdered has not been made public.

Nov. 2, 2008: Brittney Gary, 17, disappears after walking to a nearby Family Dollar Store to purchase minutes for her cell phone. Gary is known to have done drugs and knows all the victims, including her cousin Lopez and best friend Brown.n

Nov. 15, 2008: A family search party finds Brittney Gary’s body in the grass off Keystone Road, a half-mile south of La. 1126 and about four miles south of Roanoke.

Wednesday: Necole Jean Guillory, 26, is reported missing in the morning and that afternoon her body is found I-10 between Crowley and Jennings. Her death is ruled as a murder.

Friday: Acadia Parish Coroners Office says Guillory died of asphyxia.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20090823/NEWS01/908230348/Latest-killing-raises-old-fears-in-Jennings&referrer=FRONTPAGECAROUSEL][url]http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20090823/NEWS01/908230348/Latest-killing-raises-old-fears-in-Jennings&referrer=FRONTPAGECAROUSEL[/url]

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2009, 08:44:57 AM »

I could be wrong, but IMO Ms. Guillory's murder is not connected. Possibly made to look that way by the perp. Not a copy-cat -- just not connected.

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2009, 03:19:19 AM »

There has not been much of a "public outcry" regarding these crimes locally. I guess people are not interested in the deaths of these women because of their "life style" of doing drugs, prostitution etc. almost as if these girls deserved what they got.

I do not feel this way but often wonder why people think that way. They certainly did not deserve to die and be thrown out like trash.

The are this is in is a small rural town without much of a police force. (think Andy Griffin and Barney Fife...) Someone needs to go in and completely clean house on the drug/illicit activity going on in that town.

Supposively the FBI is involved..... But very little seems to be happening in the case which is completely unexcusable IMO.

I think people in the "area" may know more but are scared to talk.

Pages: 1 2 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.