March 28, 2024, 11:16:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vote Now Please!  (Read 4192 times)
carolyn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« on: December 19, 2008, 12:15:56 PM »

Hey everyone, all of the friends and family of the missing are needed.  We need all of your votes to get this legislation to the next level of government.  Please click on or copy and past this link into your browser.  Push the vote button and register then submit your vote.  This is critical.  Kelly Jolkowski started this but has gotten little support.  I know that we can bring in the votes needed to get the government to listen!  Thanks

Carolyn Johnson
Mother of Clinton Nelson
Missing Since 9/1/2006
from Princeton La

Establish National Protocol in Missing and Unidentified Person Cases
Every 30 seconds someone in the U.S. disappears, an average of 850,000 persons per year. Of that number, approximately 105,000 remain as open cases, unresolved. There are also unknown numbers of unidentified deceased persons, with estimates as high as 50,000.   With modern technologies, available resources and tools, more cases could be resolved. With law enforcement budgets slashed, available training and knowledge of these tools and resources remain out of the grasp of many agencies. Cases go unresolved, family members remain in pain needlessly, criminals go free, and the unidentified deceased are buried and even cremated, taking the answers with them, sometimes forever.   The Department of Justice crafted model legislation which would give law enforcement, coroners, and medical examiners the necessary protocol and tools to correct this injustice. Efforts have been made to pass this legislation on a state by state basis, but this process has proven to be slow. Each day that passes without these procedures in place increases the number of missing persons who may never be recovered, and unidentified deceased persons who might never be named.    The legislation provides law enforcement with a check list of information to acquire from the family of the missing person, databases and other resources to utilize, such as DNA analysis, and the new NamUs. Coroners and medical examiners are given procedures to report the unidentified deceased, and enter all available identifiers into national databases, such as fingerprints, dental records, and DNA analysis.   The text of the legislation can be found here: 
http://www.projectjason.org/downloads/ModelLegislation2008Revision.pdf       

- Kelly Jolkowski (Kelly Jolkowski, President and Founder of Project Jason), Omaha, NE Nov 30 @ 10:38AM PST

http://www.change.org/ideas/search?keyword=Establish+National+Protocol+in+Missing+and+Unidentified+Person+Cases&x=8&y=14
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 01:31:47 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Clinton Nelson Missing from Princeton LA since 9/1/2006.  Send info to find-clinton@hotmail.com if you have information.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 06:26:19 PM »

Thanks for the info Carolyn. I'm more than willing to help.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 11:50:16 AM »

I'm having trouble with the registration to vote.  The page is cut off there.  Tried multiple times.  It may be the resolution setting here, so I'll have to play around so that it appears as it should.   

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
carolyn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 12:56:35 PM »

I'm having trouble with the registration to vote.  The page is cut off there.  Tried multiple times.  It may be the resolution setting here, so I'll have to play around so that it appears as it should.   

http://www.change.org/ideas/view/establish_national_protocol_in_missing_and_unidentified_person_cases

you should be able to push the vote button and then it will ask you to register.  Once you register you can vote.  I hope this helps.

Clinton Nelson Missing from Princeton LA since 9/1/2006.  Send info to find-clinton@hotmail.com if you have information.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 01:17:09 PM »

I went to the link and could not find >>

Is it okay to take this off 'sticky' now??

I think it's finished now.  I was going to ask you the same question, Nut.  Muffy
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 11:33:55 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
carolyn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2009, 11:34:22 AM »

I think it's finished now.  I was going to ask you the same question, Nut.  Muffy

It is ok to remove the sticky.  We did not get enough votes to get pass the first round.  Thanks for trying.

Carolyn

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2009, 12:06:32 PM »

It is ok to remove the sticky.  We did not get enough votes to get pass the first round.  Thanks for trying.

Carolyn

I'm sorry there weren't enough votes. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2009, 07:09:55 PM »

I'm sorry 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2009, 09:17:32 PM »

Carolyn

wait...I only just saw this thread today...can we try it again with a vote? maybe some like me didn't see it...or is it too late?

carolyn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2009, 09:41:22 PM »

Carolyn

wait...I only just saw this thread today...can we try it again with a vote? maybe some like me didn't see it...or is it too late?

Thank you for trying.  We did not get enough votes to get this to the next level.  Hopefully it will come up again at another time. Carolyn

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.