March 28, 2024, 06:55:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, FL Missing since June 16-just reported by mother #79  (Read 384197 times)
eternal0void
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1260 on: December 21, 2008, 05:17:46 AM »

http://www.lodinews.com/articles/2006/04/18/update/0_false.txt

It's not a crime to lie to state and local police — though it is a misdemeanor to provide a false name — but any lie told to federal investigators can turn into a criminal charge. And it may be becoming a more common accusation, though some say it could lead to people clamming up altogether instead of speaking to federal agents.

*snipped*

If you lie in court while under oath that is perjury, it doesn't matter whether it's local or federal. I am sure that CA lied in her appearance. That is how she is..

ONLY if the false statement (lie) is material to the case at hand—that it could affect the outcome of the case. It is not considered perjury, for example, to lie about one's age, unless that person's age is a key factor in proving the case.

Actually there are different levels of criminally lying under oath, and only one of which is considered perjury.  Its basically the difference between directly related to the case, indirectly related to the case, and unimportant, and I think there may even be some levels of distinction even within "directly related to the case."

For example, former President Bill Clinton lied under oath about his affair, but no legal scholar considered his particular lie under oath to have risen to the level of "perjury".

Lying to an investigator in such a way that directly impedes the investigation is where "obstruction of justice" charges come into play.

"When, however, the lay public rallies round an idea, that is denounced by distinguished but elderly scientists, and supports that idea with great fervor and emotion - the distinguished but elderly scientists are then, after all, probably right." - Asimov
NO1ZMONKEY
Monkey Junky Jr.

caylee marie is my hero

« Reply #1261 on: December 21, 2008, 05:18:55 AM »

Wow...the birthday gifts.  Do they think they hid some evidence in the gift boxes?  Or maybe one of them went to the site and left a present around her birthday if they knew where the body was.

People do return to the scene of a crime and people do have some nostalgia and sometimes want to "honor" the dead person.

Casey could not have done it when she was out because she had that ankle bracelet on.

Did you guys see that woman who was leaving something at the makeshift memorial say that Casey should have her throat slit and be thrown in a ditch?

I shouldn't, but...    Why does Casey deserve any less than what she gave this poor child?

Because then we'd be no better than Casey?

Casey downloaded and reviewed this, " WHY DO WE KILL PEOPLE, WHO KILL PEOPLE? TO SHOW THAT KILLING PEOPLE IS WRONG????"

AND YES CASEY> THATS WHY ITS DONE!!!!!!!!

BTW. I forgot to mention this, do you monkeys remember when casey said behind bars the first time that she hadnt slept in 4 days? Well when she texted Tony L she said she hadnt rested yet *this would be 2 days w/out sleep*...You do know that a witness or defendants statements that were taken after they have been awake for 24 hours or more can be thrown out of court??? This may mean her confession to police, her mom, EVERYONE will most likely be thrown out if they remember this...gee....i just scared myself

"u are my sunshine, my only sunshine,  u make me happy when skies are gray,  u do not know dear how much i love  u, so please dont take Nans sunshine away." R.I.P Caylee. rot in jail KC
NO1ZMONKEY
Monkey Junky Jr.

caylee marie is my hero

« Reply #1262 on: December 21, 2008, 05:21:54 AM »

http://www.lodinews.com/articles/2006/04/18/update/0_false.txt

It's not a crime to lie to state and local police — though it is a misdemeanor to provide a false name — but any lie told to federal investigators can turn into a criminal charge. And it may be becoming a more common accusation, though some say it could lead to people clamming up altogether instead of speaking to federal agents.

*snipped*

If you lie in court while under oath that is perjury, it doesn't matter whether it's local or federal. I am sure that CA lied in her appearance. That is how she is..

ONLY if the false statement (lie) is material to the case at hand—that it could affect the outcome of the case. It is not considered perjury, for example, to lie about one's age, unless that person's age is a key factor in proving the case.

Actually there are different levels of criminally lying under oath, and only one of which is considered perjury.  Its basically the difference between directly related to the case, indirectly related to the case, and unimportant, and I think there may even be some levels of distinction even within "directly related to the case."

For example, former President Bill Clinton lied under oath about his affair, but no legal scholar considered his particular lie under oath to have risen to the level of "perjury".

Lying to an investigator in such a way that directly impedes the investigation is where "obstruction of justice" charges come into play.

yup yup yup, and she lied to a federal investigator...ooooo shes not a good girl

"u are my sunshine, my only sunshine,  u make me happy when skies are gray,  u do not know dear how much i love  u, so please dont take Nans sunshine away." R.I.P Caylee. rot in jail KC
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1263 on: December 21, 2008, 05:27:11 AM »

CBB - I have read your prayer 3 times now and I just want to tell you how much comfort it had brought to me!!  It was truly beautiful!!  Thank you again!

(a little glimpse into my serious side is showing)
NO1ZMONKEY
Monkey Junky Jr.

caylee marie is my hero

« Reply #1264 on: December 21, 2008, 05:27:41 AM »

OK, Bearly, hold my hand and let me say this:

Sometimes part of being a monkey is to blow off some frustration in good fun with wonderful people and we've done a little of that tonight. Thank you all for being part of this forum. It's a place very near and dear to my heart. There is a thread in the Lounge for avatars. The link is in my signature line. 

This has been a hard couple of days for all of us and Caylee is always in our minds even when we are having fun.

I'm turning in, but will say goodnight with this:

Dear Father, Thank you for the comfort of others in all hard times. As we have gathered because of your little gift of creation in Caylee, we know You hold her hand and even though this world has had to let go, we know You will never let go. We know she is home and joyous and that all that she lacked while she was here has been filled to overflowing. Please hold her just a second longer for us tonight, and smile just a bit broader for us as You watch her play with Your other children, laugh happily, run freely, and discover all that is Your wonderful love!
Amen

Night All!

Thank you CBB i think we all needed that. And thinking of Caylee playing in Gods playground with my fellow loved ones makes me think she did deserve better, and now she has it.

eternal0void
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1265 on: December 21, 2008, 05:32:37 AM »

It's at the corner of the Anthony's house and Suburban Drive, where the remains were found, I believe.

No telling what Lee will do. 

Too bad people did not donate these toys and stuffed animals in Caylee's name to deprived children for Christmas. They will just sit there in the weather and get ruined.

I do understand people's need to drop things off there. Just seems that at this time of year, alive children would appreciate them.

I agree, was just looking at the stuffed animals thinking the rain is going to ruin them.

Personally when I heard Lee was taking down the original memorial, I actually thought he had good intentions in mind, specifically taking down a display which would look disgusting and ugly after a rain shower.

This attitude of mine has a local basis.  Around here (Kansas City Metro Area) you may recall a headless child's body being found, who was given the name of "Precious Doe".  There was an impromptu memorial set up for her, with lots of teddy bears.  Then there was a major rainstorm.

The memorial turned into a huge collection of rotting teddy bears.  The smell was so terrible and so widespread that just walking or even driving past the former memorial was vomit-inducing.  No one wanted to get anywhere near it, but no one wanted to be the "Lee Anthony" who took that rotting, disgusting anything-but-a memorial down. 

So it sat there for weeks, eyeballs hanging out of the sockets of the rotting teddy bears, the smell driving away passerby, looking like a memorial set up by zombies.

Eventually some city employees took it down on their own time, and there were a few newspaper articles praising them for taking down the community eyesore, and no one complained that it was being taken down.  Lee Anthony just pre-emptively took down the original memorial before it became a rotting, smelly, scary community eyesore.

"When, however, the lay public rallies round an idea, that is denounced by distinguished but elderly scientists, and supports that idea with great fervor and emotion - the distinguished but elderly scientists are then, after all, probably right." - Asimov
NO1ZMONKEY
Monkey Junky Jr.

caylee marie is my hero

« Reply #1266 on: December 21, 2008, 05:35:10 AM »

BTW. I forgot to mention this, do you monkeys remember when casey said behind bars the first time that she hadnt slept in 4 days? Well when she texted Tony L she said she hadnt rested yet *this would be 2 days w/out sleep*...You do know that a witness or defendants statements that were taken after they have been awake for 24 hours or more can be thrown out of court??? This may mean her confession to police, her mom, EVERYONE will most likely be thrown out if they remember this...gee....i just scared myself

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1267 on: December 21, 2008, 05:36:07 AM »

Good night again!  Sorry I missed you toght Bearly!!  Hope to see you tomorrow though! 

You miss me???

YES!!!   

I'm here, honeybee!!!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1268 on: December 21, 2008, 05:37:34 AM »

eternal:

I don't want to add to the quote stack, so I answer you here:

Yes, I think most monkeys would agree with you about Casey spending her life behind bars.

Some of us, however, do want to see her lose her life.

Personally, I will wait until I *think* I know more to decide how I would like to see her spend eternity.

I do tend to bend towards an "eye for an eye."

Yes, but not the bars she was hoping for.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1269 on: December 21, 2008, 05:39:38 AM »

Sometimes part of being a monkey is to blow off some frustration in good fun with wonderful people and we've done a little of that tonight. Thank you all for being part of this forum. It's a place very near and dear to my heart. There is a thread in the Lounge for avatars. The link is in my signature line. 

This has been a hard couple of days for all of us and Caylee is always in our minds even when we are having fun.

Dear Father, Thank you for the comfort of others in all hard times. As we have gathered because of your little gift of creation in Caylee, we know You hold her hand and even though this world has had to let go, we know You will never let go. We know she is home and joyous and that all that she lacked while she was here has been filled to overflowing. Please hold her just a second longer for us tonight, and smile just a bit broader for us as You watch her play with Your other children, laugh happily, run freely, and discover all that is Your wonderful love!
Amen

Night All!

Amen and thank you, CBB!!!

I believe in miracles!
eternal0void
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1270 on: December 21, 2008, 05:39:57 AM »

Did you guys see that woman who was leaving something at the makeshift memorial say that Casey should have her throat slit and be thrown in a ditch?

I shouldn't, but...    Why does Casey deserve any less than what she gave this poor child?

Casey downloaded and reviewed this, " WHY DO WE KILL PEOPLE, WHO KILL PEOPLE? TO SHOW THAT KILLING PEOPLE IS WRONG????"

So if its wrong to kill people, how can it ever be right to kill people?

Personally I think that consistency is the mark of good values, and values which are dropped whenever they become inconvenient (such as a desire for revenge) aren't really values at all.  Pacifists who occasionally shoot people aren't really pacifists.  Conscientious objectors who agree to help load mortar rounds aren't really conscientious objectors.  Why are people who think killing is wrong held to a different standard if they want to kill someone for revenge?

Our culture has the option (the much cheaper option, I should point out) of keeping someone in prison until they die.  While I understand that other cultures may have developed the death penalty because they didn't have the facilities for a "life without parole" sentence, we've got no excuse in that regard.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1271 on: December 21, 2008, 05:46:38 AM »

Amen

Night All!

Woah ..

Is this directed towards me and my helping monkeys with holiday avatars?

I do hope not.

I do hope that there is NO competition here.

The way I feel about the more monkeys the merrier... is the way I feel about artwork. The more choices .. the merrier!

It is not a competition, for goodness sake!

I make avatars as a suggestion for monkeys ... they are welcome to use them or ignore them!

CBB .. I have stated on many occasions that your work is wonderful! I am not a new monkey wanting to take your place; I am here to offer my own artistic slant to join into the mix!

Please, let's not compete, let's complement! Let's offer all the monkeys the best we can offer.

LOL .. Lord knows, I am very new to this! But I am learning new things every day to help our cage!

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1272 on: December 21, 2008, 05:48:51 AM »

I can see her getting sixty years to life and serving most of that.  Don't think she will be paroled as I don't think it is automatic in cases of homicide or even a lesser charge and think is done on a case by case basis.

Public outcry has been too great.  Judges and sheriffs are elected.  Casey is not a sympathetic figure and I don't think inspires much in most people who would sit on a jury or parole board. 

JMO but I think she is going down for a very, very long time.

This may have been posted...I am still catching up.
The 2008 Florida Statutes

CRIMES Chapter 775
DEFINITIONS; GENERAL PENALTIES; REGISTRATION OF CRIMINALS
http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=Ch0775/SEC082.HTM&Title=->2008->Ch0775->Section%20082#0775.082

DEFINITIONS; GENERAL PENALTIES; REGISTRATION OF CRIMINALS
http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=Ch0775/titl0775.htm&StatuteYear=2008&Title=%2D%3E2008%2D%3EChapter%20775

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1273 on: December 21, 2008, 05:50:55 AM »

CHAPTER 406

MEDICAL EXAMINERS; DISPOSITION OF DEAD BODIES

PART I

MEDICAL EXAMINERS (ss. 406.01-406.17)

PART II

DISPOSITION OF DEAD BODIES (ss. 406.50-406.61)

PART I

MEDICAL EXAMINERS

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=Ch0406/ch0406.htm

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
NO1ZMONKEY
Monkey Junky Jr.

caylee marie is my hero

« Reply #1274 on: December 21, 2008, 05:54:03 AM »

Personally I think that consistency is the mark of good values, and values which are dropped whenever they become inconvenient (such as a desire for revenge) aren't really values at all.  Pacifists who occasionally shoot people aren't really pacifists.  Conscientious objectors who agree to help load mortar rounds aren't really conscientious objectors.  Why are people who think killing is wrong held to a different standard if they want to kill someone for revenge?

Our culture has the option (the much cheaper option, I should point out) of keeping someone in prison until they die.  While I understand that other cultures may have developed the death penalty because they didn't have the facilities for a "life without parole" sentence, we've got no excuse in that regard.

Ok, here it goes. I personally have contributed to a death of a loved one. i was driving a vehicle that was struck by another, and my best friend passed away. That is an accident. I have been mucked up ever since, but in a good way. I see the value of life, i know what it is to live and learn. Now as you may understand being as the person who passed while in my vehicle by my side was my best friend even soul mate i may add, and i still felt the urge 2 end my own life because its an eye for an eye. I no longer feel that way because i have come to grips with possibility that it is not in my hands to cast the future. It was an accident and i am eternally sorry. Now take a look at this b$tch that knowingly MURDERS her own baby, and she has no remorse, i believe she deserves the complete opposite of what i have received. I have received peace at heart because Alonzo and i loved eachother, and he has placed his future in my hands to live out for him. I live life for both alonzo and I now. How can Casey live a life for Caylee knowing what she did to her? She doesnt deserve a place on this earth, let alone a second chance to live for caylee because had it not been for her this baby would still be here. Its not an evil statement, its the truth. Revenge? thats just an verb. Sounds to me that it implies the same actions as the verb JUSTICE. And lady liberty is not blind. Casey will have her day in court, and will have a judgement day. You tell me which you would prefer she has?

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1275 on: December 21, 2008, 06:00:16 AM »

Ok, here it goes. I personally have contributed to a death of a loved one. i was driving a vehicle that was struck by another, and my best friend passed away. That is an accident. I have been mucked up ever since, but in a good way. I see the value of life, i know what it is to live and learn. Now as you may understand being as the person who passed while in my vehicle by my side was my best friend even soul mate i may add, and i still felt the urge 2 end my own life because its an eye for an eye. I no longer feel that way because i have come to grips with possibility that it is not in my hands to cast the future. It was an accident and i am eternally sorry. Now take a look at this b$tch that knowingly MURDERS her own baby, and she has no remorse, i believe she deserves the complete opposite of what i have received. I have received peace at heart because Alonzo and i loved eachother, and he has placed his future in my hands to live out for him. I live life for both alonzo and I now. How can Casey live a life for Caylee knowing what she did to her? She doesnt deserve a place on this earth, let alone a second chance to live for caylee because had it not been for her this baby would still be here. Its not an evil statement, its the truth. Revenge? thats just an verb. Sounds to me that it implies the same actions as the verb JUSTICE. And lady liberty is not blind. Casey will have her day in court, and will have a judgement day. You tell me which you would prefer she has?

I am so sorry, No1!

I believe in miracles!
txlisa
Monkey Junky

Annie-belle!

« Reply #1276 on: December 21, 2008, 06:02:40 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys!

I have been reading through most of the posts, and I am just speechless that someone would suggest it cruel to indict George and Cindy for obstruction of justice?  Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?   These people are not above the law and Caylee deserves justice!  I wish someone in that family would stand up and start doing right by Caylee, but sadly I don't think that is going to happen.

Lisa
NO1ZMONKEY
Monkey Junky Jr.

caylee marie is my hero

« Reply #1277 on: December 21, 2008, 06:03:16 AM »

i get a little emotional when it starts getting to the nitty gritty when talking about casey. I want her to pay, whether it be by  humiliation, lethal injection, L w/out parole. I am not prosecuting her, she did it to herself. I didnt mean to sound defensive, i just hate justification for her actions. I know what an accident intails....THIS WAS NOT 1

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1278 on: December 21, 2008, 06:03:52 AM »

Amen

Night All!

Woah ..

Is this directed towards me and my helping monkeys with holiday avatars?

I do hope not.

I do hope that there is NO competition here.

The way I feel about the more monkeys the merrier... is the way I feel about artwork. The more choices .. the merrier!

It is not a competition, for goodness sake!

I make avatars as a suggestion for monkeys ... they are welcome to use them or ignore them!

CBB .. I have stated on many occasions that your work is wonderful! I am not a new monkey wanting to take your place; I am here to offer my own artistic slant to join into the mix!

Please, let's not compete, let's complement! Let's offer all the monkeys the best we can offer.

LOL .. Lord knows, I am very new to this! But I am learning new things every day to help our cage!

Brandi, knowing CBB, I am confident enough to say, that is not what she meant. 

It appears to me that she is saying she loves being a monkey and loves the monkeys and what we do and that is why she does what she does.

I believe in miracles!
txlisa
Monkey Junky

Annie-belle!

« Reply #1279 on: December 21, 2008, 06:04:46 AM »

*Hugs to you*  I am so sorry!

Lisa
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.