April 22, 2024, 11:45:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, FL Missing since June 16-just reported by mother #79  (Read 384995 times)
eternal0void
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1280 on: December 21, 2008, 06:06:43 AM »

eternal:

I don't want to add to the quote stack, so I answer you here:

Yes, I think most monkeys would agree with you about Casey spending her life behind bars.

Some of us, however, do want to see her lose her life.

Personally, I will wait until I *think* I know more to decide how I would like to see her spend eternity.

I do tend to bend towards an "eye for an eye."

I do too, but if the state kills her then her fellow prisoners won't have the opportunity to give her the same treatment she gave Caylee, just over a much more prolonged period of pain and suffering.  I'm told that if you hit someone often enough their flesh will start to come off, and prison medicine might as well be performed by 18th Century U.S. Civil War doctors.

I consider people who think that the death penalty is "punishment" for the worst kinds of crimes to be either pansies who desire mercy for violent criminals, or people who haven't thought through the full ramifications of being forced to live in a maximum security prison's general population with other violent criminals.  Hell is other violent criminals, to paraphrase the sage wisdom of John Paul Sartre.

Theology is divided on the concept of "deathbed forgiveness".  There's too much leeway for her to do a full deathbed forgiveness conversion and get off scot-free in any Afterlife, or spend her eternity in some minor Purgatory-like place.  The only thing I can be certain of is the attitude prisoners who are mothers with small children at home will have towards a child killer like Casey, and that is the kind of punishment Casey deserves: hell on Earth.

Punishment #1: A lifetime (about 68+ years left in her life) of certain pain and suffering (from other prisoners and from guards, either of whom have small children at home), aging inside a maximum security prison's 10x6 concrete box with inadequate food, shabby clothing, and medical treatment that an HMO would regard as "inhumane".

Punishment #2: Three minutes of lethal injection (while electrocution is "available", the prisoner gets to choose the method and most choose lethal injection) followed by what could possibly just be painless oblivion (some religions use that as their definition of "Hell").

Anyone who claims to want Casey to get the "ultimate punishment" but chooses #2 anyway either secretly wants Casey to get a mercy killing or just hasn't really thought much about which one is the worse punishment.

"When, however, the lay public rallies round an idea, that is denounced by distinguished but elderly scientists, and supports that idea with great fervor and emotion - the distinguished but elderly scientists are then, after all, probably right." - Asimov
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1281 on: December 21, 2008, 06:06:51 AM »

It's at the corner of the Anthony's house and Suburban Drive, where the remains were found, I believe.

No telling what Lee will do. 

Too bad people did not donate these toys and stuffed animals in Caylee's name to deprived children for Christmas. They will just sit there in the weather and get ruined.

I do understand people's need to drop things off there. Just seems that at this time of year, alive children would appreciate them.

I agree, was just looking at the stuffed animals thinking the rain is going to ruin them.

Personally when I heard Lee was taking down the original memorial, I actually thought he had good intentions in mind, specifically taking down a display which would look disgusting and ugly after a rain shower.

This attitude of mine has a local basis.  Around here (Kansas City Metro Area) you may recall a headless child's body being found, who was given the name of "Precious Doe".  There was an impromptu memorial set up for her, with lots of teddy bears.  Then there was a major rainstorm.

The memorial turned into a huge collection of rotting teddy bears.  The smell was so terrible and so widespread that just walking or even driving past the former memorial was vomit-inducing.  No one wanted to get anywhere near it, but no one wanted to be the "Lee Anthony" who took that rotting, disgusting anything-but-a memorial down. 

So it sat there for weeks, eyeballs hanging out of the sockets of the rotting teddy bears, the smell driving away passerby, looking like a memorial set up by zombies.

Eventually some city employees took it down on their own time, and there were a few newspaper articles praising them for taking down the community eyesore, and no one complained that it was being taken down.  Lee Anthony just pre-emptively took down the original memorial before it became a rotting, smelly, scary community eyesore.

hey there, eternal ...

just want to show you how to add the avatar I fixed for you (only and ONLY, let me stress if you want)

Click on Profile at the top of this page, then go to "Forum Profile Information" on the left ... then under Picture, click the "I will upload my own picture" option and add the below URL to it. Then scroll down to the bottom and click the "Change profile" button. And, voila! Your avatar is updated

It will install this avatar:
http://i380.photobucket.com/albums/oo242/Brandi-Monkey/eternal-xmas.gif

if you don't want to use it, it's ok!

Sharon/Tx
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1282 on: December 21, 2008, 06:07:05 AM »

Hugs to you NO1ZLADIE......... it wasn't your fault.  What a devastating thing to go through.  Keep up the positive outlook on life and bless you!

"Huge waste" Casey. 

Justice for Natalee!
"Joran Vandersloot's evil world is slowly crashing down on his evil soul!"
*****For major cases, you can also report information by calling our toll-free number 1-800-CALLFBI (225-5324).
txlisa
Monkey Junky

Annie-belle!

« Reply #1283 on: December 21, 2008, 06:07:07 AM »

Did you guys see that woman who was leaving something at the makeshift memorial say that Casey should have her throat slit and be thrown in a ditch?

I shouldn't, but...    Why does Casey deserve any less than what she gave this poor child?

Because then we'd be no better than Casey?

Casey downloaded and reviewed this, " WHY DO WE KILL PEOPLE, WHO KILL PEOPLE? TO SHOW THAT KILLING PEOPLE IS WRONG????"

AND YES CASEY> THATS WHY ITS DONE!!!!!!!!

So if its wrong to kill people, how can it ever be right to kill people?

Personally I think that consistency is the mark of good values, and values which are dropped whenever they become inconvenient (such as a desire for revenge) aren't really values at all.  Pacifists who occasionally shoot people aren't really pacifists.  Conscientious objectors who agree to help load mortar rounds aren't really conscientious objectors.  Why are people who think killing is wrong held to a different standard if they want to kill someone for revenge?

Our culture has the option (the much cheaper option, I should point out) of keeping someone in prison until they die.  While I understand that other cultures may have developed the death penalty because they didn't have the facilities for a "life without parole" sentence, we've got no excuse in that regard.

Ok, here it goes. I personally have contributed to a death of a loved one. i was driving a vehicle that was struck by another, and my best friend passed away. That is an accident. I have been mucked up ever since, but in a good way. I see the value of life, i know what it is to live and learn. Now as you may understand being as the person who passed while in my vehicle by my side was my best friend even soul mate i may add, and i still felt the urge 2 end my own life because its an eye for an eye. I no longer feel that way because i have come to grips with possibility that it is not in my hands to cast the future. It was an accident and i am eternally sorry. Now take a look at this b$tch that knowingly MURDERS her own baby, and she has no remorse, i believe she deserves the complete opposite of what i have received. I have received peace at heart because Alonzo and i loved eachother, and he has placed his future in my hands to live out for him. I live life for both alonzo and I now. How can Casey live a life for Caylee knowing what she did to her? She doesnt deserve a place on this earth, let alone a second chance to live for caylee because had it not been for her this baby would still be here. Its not an evil statement, its the truth. Revenge? thats just an verb. Sounds to me that it implies the same actions as the verb JUSTICE. And lady liberty is not blind. Casey will have her day in court, and will have a judgement day. You tell me which you would prefer she has?

i get a little emotional when it starts getting to the nitty gritty when talking about casey. I want her to pay, whether it be by  humiliation, lethal injection, L w/out parole. I am not prosecuting her, she did it to herself. I didnt mean to sound defensive, i just hate justification for her actions. I know what an accident intails....THIS WAS NOT 1

You are right, there are no justification for her actions.  Had it been an accident, she would have called 911 immediately.  Casey wouldn't have tried as hard as she did to cover this up. 

Lisa
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1284 on: December 21, 2008, 06:16:07 AM »

OK, Bearly, hold my hand and let me say this:

Sometimes part of being a monkey is to blow off some frustration in good fun with wonderful people and we've done a little of that tonight. Thank you all for being part of this forum. It's a place very near and dear to my heart. There is a thread in the Lounge for avatars. The link is in my signature line. 

This has been a hard couple of days for all of us and Caylee is always in our minds even when we are having fun.

I'm turning in, but will say goodnight with this:

Dear Father, Thank you for the comfort of others in all hard times. As we have gathered because of your little gift of creation in Caylee, we know You hold her hand and even though this world has had to let go, we know You will never let go. We know she is home and joyous and that all that she lacked while she was here has been filled to overflowing. Please hold her just a second longer for us tonight, and smile just a bit broader for us as You watch her play with Your other children, laugh happily, run freely, and discover all that is Your wonderful love!
Amen

Night All!

Woah ..

Is this directed towards me and my helping monkeys with holiday avatars?

I do hope not.

I do hope that there is NO competition here.

The way I feel about the more monkeys the merrier... is the way I feel about artwork. The more choices .. the merrier!

It is not a competition, for goodness sake!

I make avatars as a suggestion for monkeys ... they are welcome to use them or ignore them!

CBB .. I have stated on many occasions that your work is wonderful! I am not a new monkey wanting to take your place; I am here to offer my own artistic slant to join into the mix!

Please, let's not compete, let's complement! Let's offer all the monkeys the best we can offer.

LOL .. Lord knows, I am very new to this! But I am learning new things every day to help our cage!

Brandi, knowing CBB, I am confident enough to say, that is not what she meant. 

It appears to me that she is saying she loves being a monkey and loves the monkeys and what we do and that is why she does what she does.

Bearly .. you are so sweet!

I do hope you are right.

I too, love all the monkeys and spend many hours a day trying to make this cage a wonderful place to be!

Thank you so much for your take on this. I do hope I took the post wrong Wink

Sharon/Tx
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1285 on: December 21, 2008, 06:20:35 AM »

Good morning monkeys!  I am sorry to change the subject, but who was that first visitor that Casey got in jail that she said she didn't know?  Do we know anything about him?  TIA

"Huge waste" Casey. 

Justice for Natalee!
*****For major cases, you can also report information by calling our toll-free number 1-800-CALLFBI (225-5324).
txlisa
Monkey Junky

Annie-belle!

« Reply #1286 on: December 21, 2008, 06:21:28 AM »

Does anyone really think the Anthony's are going to donate those toys and stuffed animals?  Of course not.  They will just throw them in the trash like all the others.

Lisa
NO1ZMONKEY
Monkey Junky Jr.

caylee marie is my hero

« Reply #1287 on: December 21, 2008, 06:22:37 AM »

Did you guys see that woman who was leaving something at the makeshift memorial say that Casey should have her throat slit and be thrown in a ditch?

I shouldn't, but...    Why does Casey deserve any less than what she gave this poor child?

Casey downloaded and reviewed this, " WHY DO WE KILL PEOPLE, WHO KILL PEOPLE? TO SHOW THAT KILLING PEOPLE IS WRONG????"

Personally I think that consistency is the mark of good values, and values which are dropped whenever they become inconvenient (such as a desire for revenge) aren't really values at all.  Pacifists who occasionally shoot people aren't really pacifists.  Conscientious objectors who agree to help load mortar rounds aren't really conscientious objectors.  Why are people who think killing is wrong held to a different standard if they want to kill someone for revenge?

Our culture has the option (the much cheaper option, I should point out) of keeping someone in prison until they die.  While I understand that other cultures may have developed the death penalty because they didn't have the facilities for a "life without parole" sentence, we've got no excuse in that regard.

Ok, here it goes. I personally have contributed to a death of a loved one. i was driving a vehicle that was struck by another, and my best friend passed away. That is an accident. I have been mucked up ever since, but in a good way. I see the value of life, i know what it is to live and learn. Now as you may understand being as the person who passed while in my vehicle by my side was my best friend even soul mate i may add, and i still felt the urge 2 end my own life because its an eye for an eye. I no longer feel that way because i have come to grips with possibility that it is not in my hands to cast the future. It was an accident and i am eternally sorry. Now take a look at this b$tch that knowingly MURDERS her own baby, and she has no remorse, i believe she deserves the complete opposite of what i have received. I have received peace at heart because Alonzo and i loved eachother, and he has placed his future in my hands to live out for him. I live life for both alonzo and I now. How can Casey live a life for Caylee knowing what she did to her? She doesnt deserve a place on this earth, let alone a second chance to live for caylee because had it not been for her this baby would still be here. Its not an evil statement, its the truth. Revenge? thats just an verb. Sounds to me that it implies the same actions as the verb JUSTICE. And lady liberty is not blind. Casey will have her day in court, and will have a judgement day. You tell me which you would prefer she has?

i get a little emotional when it starts getting to the nitty gritty when talking about casey. I want her to pay, whether it be by  humiliation, lethal injection, L w/out parole. I am not prosecuting her, she did it to herself. I didnt mean to sound defensive, i just hate justification for her actions. I know what an accident intails....THIS WAS NOT 1

You are right, there are no justification for her actions.  Had it been an accident, she would have called 911 immediately.  Casey wouldn't have tried as hard as she did to cover this up. 

Lisa
Thank you monkeys. This subject is not a sore one for me, if it was it would be like i was ashamed of my love. Everything traumatic leaves a lasting impression, its up to you if its a good one or a bad one. That is the reason i am so passionate about this and every case that passes my desk *school desk that is*

& when i heard about caylee i actually believed caseys story ((of course only until the 3rd day)) thats when i began to have my suspicions, and then i knew she had killed this baby. When i heard she couldnt sleep in her room because it was covered in pictures of Caylee i knew its because she felt guilt. Not guilt because she was kidnapped, but u guys get it. I have never heard of a family of a missing child, or a family with a family member that has just passed ((myself included)) that couldnt stand the sight of their loved one. Also when casey would divert whenever her parents mentioned caylee in her jail interviews, i knew it. Like i just said, i will never deny what has happened to me or what happened to alonzo, it would be disgraceful. Thats what i felt she was doing.

"u are my sunshine, my only sunshine,  u make me happy when skies are gray,  u do not know dear how much i love  u, so please dont take Nans sunshine away." R.I.P Caylee. rot in jail KC
txlisa
Monkey Junky

Annie-belle!

« Reply #1288 on: December 21, 2008, 06:24:12 AM »

Good morning monkeys!  I am sorry to change the subject, but who was that first visitor that Casey got in jail that she said she didn't know?  Do we know anything about him?  TIA

Good morning!

I think his name is Patrick Bourguois (sp)?  I don't know anything about him.

Lisa
Sharon/Tx
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1289 on: December 21, 2008, 06:26:27 AM »

Good morning!

I think his name is Patrick Bourguois (sp)?  I don't know anything about him.

Lisa
  Thanks Lisa!  I am going to keep searching about him.  I find it bizarre that he "randomly" visited Casey.

"Huge waste" Casey. 

Justice for Natalee!
txlisa
Monkey Junky

Annie-belle!

« Reply #1290 on: December 21, 2008, 06:27:39 AM »

Someone at W/S mentioned the 11 o'clock news in Orlando reported last night that the A's have hired a producer by the name of Skip Davis.  I'm searching for a news link, but I find this rather tacky and suspicous.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0205474/

Lisa
Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1291 on: December 21, 2008, 06:29:18 AM »

Investigators search Anthony home with warrant

Moments after investigators shut down the crime scene where a meter reader discovered Caylee Marie Anthony's remains 10 days ago, they served a search warrant at the nearby home of the toddler's grandparents Saturday afternoon.

The case's lead investigators and crime-scene technicians stayed inside George and Cindy Anthony's Hopespring Drive house for about an hour and 45 minutes before emerging with two large boxes and two bags. Orange County sheriff's Capt. Angelo Nieves would not identify what items were removed from the home, but said that "items of evidentiary value were found."

George and Cindy Anthony were at home when investigators arrived with the warrant, and a visibly upset George Anthony could be seen as they made their way inside.

"It's never a good time for anyone who's lost a granddaughter -- obviously we're going to treat them with respect," Nieves said. "But, we have an investigation to conduct."

Did investigators find Caylee Anthony's book at search site? Nieves said that a judge signed the warrant Saturday afternoon, based on evidence that investigators gathered at the crime scene along Suburban Drive during the past several days. He would not say what that evidence was.

Caylee was 2 when she was last seen in June. Her mother, Casey Anthony, has been charged with murder in Caylee's death, but her attorneys say a baby sitter kidnapped the child. On Friday, investigators said that a DNA sample taken from bones found at the crime scene matched a sample of Caylee's DNA.

A steady stream of people continued to visit a makeshift memorial for Caylee on Saturday, where mourners left balloons, notes, pictures, and hundreds of stuffed animals.

Kitty Bowersock of Winter Park placed three roses at the memorial on Saturday morning. She has a 3-year-old granddaughter, Cate, and said that Caylee's story has affected her because she can't understand how someone could hurt a child.

"I can't comprehend it with Caylee, or with any child," she said. "I'm shaking right now."

At about 3.p.m., the Orange County Sheriff's Office removed crime-scene tape from across Suburban Drive, and many of the people gathered around the memorial made their way down the street to see where Caylee's remains were found. There had been speculation that Casey Anthony's defense team would bring their own investigators to the site, but Nieves said that the Ssheriff's Ooffice contacted Anthony's lead attorney, Josée Baez, about three hours earlier, and Baez informed it him that defense investigators they would not examine the site.

After viewing the crime scene, many spectators made the short walk to George and Cindy Anthony's home, where were about 50 people stood outside while investigators searched the home.

Nieves said that the Ssheriff's Ooffice will conduct patrols in the Anthonys' neighborhood and issue citations to cars from outside the area to maintain calm in the area.

"We want to provide the community some peace," he said.

Helen Eckinger can be reached at heckinger@orlandosentinel.com or at 352-742-5934.
NO1ZMONKEY
Monkey Junky Jr.

caylee marie is my hero

« Reply #1292 on: December 21, 2008, 06:29:40 AM »

Someone at W/S mentioned the 11 o'clock news in Orlando reported last night that the A's have hired a producer by the name of Skip Davis.  I'm searching for a news link, but I find this rather tacky and suspicous.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0205474/

Lisa

hmm i def. know that name. skip davis....

"u are my sunshine, my only sunshine,  u make me happy when skies are gray,  u do not know dear how much i love  u, so please dont take Nans sunshine away." R.I.P Caylee. rot in jail KC
Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1293 on: December 21, 2008, 06:31:58 AM »

Casey's attorney is seeking a change of venue, citing that his client will not be able to receive a fair trial in Orlando.

http://www.wesh.com/news/18318021/detail.html
eternal0void
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1294 on: December 21, 2008, 06:32:24 AM »

[Casey will] probably go the "Susan Smith" route and claim suicidal tendencies.  If Casey can convince the state psychiatrist that she really wants to die and will sabotage her own defense to get the death penalty, this can help her (at least during the penalty phase) as this "reverse psychology" causes the jury to "punish" Casey by "refusing to grant her the death she desires so much."

If she goes for the "suicidal tendencies" route, she's going to have the FBI Behavioral Sciences lab on her side.  As we learned in the Susan Smith trial, the profile of a homicidal mother includes, among many other things, the tendency of the mother to consider the child's life so directly enmeshed with her own that the child is not a distinctly separate person, but more like an appendage of the mother.  If the mother has suicidal tendencies and wants to harm herself, attacking the child is seen by the mother (subconsciously at least) as "harming herself", in much the same way as a suicidal woman without children would cut her own body with a knife.

I don't think she can pull off the "suicidal tendencies" thing, either. Susan Smith had a history of depression and suicidal tendencies, and was actually depressed, rather than manic, after she killed her kids, and the suicide defense didn't work for her at all.

Actually the suicidal tendencies defense did work for Susan Smith, in a way.  She was still convicted, but the suicidal tendencies defense was used in the penalty phase of the trial and spared her from the death penalty.

In a way I'm somewhat happy that this culture incorrectly views the death penalty as the worse penalty, this means that criminals actively fight to give themselves the worse punishment of life in prison.

"When, however, the lay public rallies round an idea, that is denounced by distinguished but elderly scientists, and supports that idea with great fervor and emotion - the distinguished but elderly scientists are then, after all, probably right." - Asimov
eternal0void
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1295 on: December 21, 2008, 06:35:10 AM »

hey there, eternal ...

just want to show you how to add the avatar I fixed for you (only and ONLY, let me stress if you want)

Click on Profile at the top of this page, then go to "Forum Profile Information" on the left ... then under Picture, click the "I will upload my own picture" option and add the below URL to it. Then scroll down to the bottom and click the "Change profile" button. And, voila! Your avatar is updated

It will install this avatar:
http://i380.photobucket.com/albums/oo242/Brandi-Monkey/eternal-xmas.gif

if you don't want to use it, it's ok!

Just wanted to let you know I've seen the avatar and downloaded it, though I haven't had much opportunity to look at it and decide whether or not to use it.  It is quite nice though.   

Sharon/Tx
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1296 on: December 21, 2008, 06:35:13 AM »

Here is the taped conversation between Casey and Patrick Bourgeois.     He also mentions that he is a friend of Mike Walker and they are on her side.  Hmmmm
        http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/2008/07/audio-from-case.html

"Huge waste" Casey. 

Justice for Natalee!
txlisa
Monkey Junky

Annie-belle!

« Reply #1297 on: December 21, 2008, 06:35:29 AM »

Lisa
Thank you monkeys. This subject is not a sore one for me, if it was it would be like i was ashamed of my love. Everything traumatic leaves a lasting impression, its up to you if its a good one or a bad one. That is the reason i am so passionate about this and every case that passes my desk *school desk that is*

& when i heard about caylee i actually believed caseys story ((of course only until the 3rd day)) thats when i began to have my suspicions, and then i knew she had killed this baby. When i heard she couldnt sleep in her room because it was covered in pictures of Caylee i knew its because she felt guilt. Not guilt because she was kidnapped, but u guys get it. I have never heard of a family of a missing child, or a family with a family member that has just passed ((myself included)) that couldnt stand the sight of their loved one. Also when casey would divert whenever her parents mentioned caylee in her jail interviews, i knew it. Like i just said, i will never deny what has happened to me or what happened to alonzo, it would be disgraceful. Thats what i felt she was doing.

I think Caylee ceased to exist for Casey the moment she killed her.  I think she has completely erased her out of her memory.  When people lose a loved one they keep their memory of them going.  Not Casey, she partied, stole money and got a tatoo. 

Lisa
Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1298 on: December 21, 2008, 06:41:45 AM »

Good Morning
NO1ZMONKEY
Monkey Junky Jr.

caylee marie is my hero

« Reply #1299 on: December 21, 2008, 06:52:27 AM »

Good Morning

Goodmorning....I posted this earlier..

BTW. I forgot to mention this, do you monkeys remember when casey said behind bars the first time that she hadnt slept in 4 days? Well when she texted Tony L she said she hadnt rested yet *this would be 2 days w/out sleep*...You do know that a witness or defendants statements that were taken after they have been awake for 24 hours or more can be thrown out of court??? This may mean her confession to police, her mom, EVERYONE will most likely be thrown out if they remember this...gee....i just scared myself

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.