April 24, 2024, 11:45:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, FL Missing since June 16-just reported by mother #79  (Read 385048 times)
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1860 on: December 21, 2008, 05:59:37 PM »

I could still just cry for George and Cindy. The hell that Family must be going through right now. Does it make me a horrible person for thinking and understanding where the Anthony's are coming from on the whole toy memorial thing?  The wounds are still there for them. I just feel so bad of them right now. Sad

I think instead of placing a bunch of toys there that they maybe the community should come together and have a memorial stone and some flowers placed there for little Caylee. I just think if a stone was placed there that they wouldn't be able to move it. JMO

I think the community is doing as they see fit!I will not question any type of Memorial they choose.I'm sure if the community wants something other then what is currently there they'll do it.As for Crying for the Anthony's.NOT!Of course not.Caylee being DEAD doesn't fit to there plan...NO IMMUNITY!The Anthony's should be ashamed of themselves.I think a public apology to Caylee and the rest of their community for thier actions would be a start,as well as disgarding the Attorney's,tell the truth and take what's coming to them....JMOO

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
BluesyGram
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1861 on: December 21, 2008, 06:00:15 PM »

The Anthony family has decided to donate toys that have been accumulating at a makeshift memorial for Caylee Marie Anthony to the Orlando Union Rescue Mission to help children in need.

The Anthonys' attorney, Brad Conway, made the announcement at a news conference Sunday afternoon alongside the memorial of balloons, notes, pictures and hundreds of stuffed animals that has been building near the crime scene.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/orl-bk-caylee-anthony-memorial-toys-122108,0,1501806.story

This new attorney is on a mission of "damage control" in an attempt to change the negative image that the Anthony's have created for themselves by not following the advise of their previous attorney ... Mark Nejame.

Janet

Agree Janet..but I would stop at damage control period.  He is trying his best to figure out how to portray to us what a "normal family" would do, but of course he doesn't have a real normal family as a point of reference.  
cheeky monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1862 on: December 21, 2008, 06:01:13 PM »

The stuffed animals, letters and other items in the makeshift memorial are for CAYLEE not for the Anthonys.  The memorial is not on their property and does not belong to them. 

Exactly and their freakish behavior blew this story up in the public eye.  If Cindy hadn't been out w/ hammers spewing bizarre theories every day it would have died down.  Now that it turned out the body was discovered they feel they can dictate how people who've cared about Caylee can grieve.  Well grief turns to anger and they aren't helping their family at all.
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1863 on: December 21, 2008, 06:01:54 PM »

HI MM - Not ignoring you or anyone esle!  I am here on and off - because technically this is not "mytime."   

So who are you today MM, MT or FTLOG now Lee?? 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1864 on: December 21, 2008, 06:02:23 PM »

The stuffed animals, letters and other items in the makeshift memorial are for CAYLEE not for the Anthonys.  The memorial is not on their property and does not belong to them. 

I agree.  I wonder if there is a way to stop them?  It doesn't seem fair. 
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1865 on: December 21, 2008, 06:02:23 PM »

Another sound bite from Brad Conway's press conference:  He would like the jail to allow George and Cindy to meet with Casey privately.  These people think they are special!

Lisa

TOO FREAKIN' BAD.......YOUR CLIENTS DAUGHTER LOST ALL PRIVACY PRIVILEGES THE DAY SHE KILLED YOUR GRAND DAUGHTER, CAYLEE MARIE!

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1866 on: December 21, 2008, 06:03:15 PM »

Another sound bite from Brad Conway's press conference:  He would like the jail to allow George and Cindy to meet with Casey privately.  These people think they are special!

Lisa

I wonder if this is ever allowed, or would the A's be setting a prescient?

The authorities should graciously agree to let the Anthonys meet with Casey privately.  Record the whole thing and then say,  "oops, we lied." 

The naked truth is always better than the best dressed lie.
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1867 on: December 21, 2008, 06:03:25 PM »

What I think is really the interesting part is that I have CONVINCED myself that both Cindy and Casey so this.  

I think I need to make an appointment with Wyks.  

BluesyGram,

I wouldn't be surprised if most people do this to a lesser extent than the person at the site you linked. It's probably why the Walter Mitty story has always been so popular. I make up stories in my head at night in order to get to sleep, although my stories are usually fictional mysteries and fictional characters set in real places here in my hometown. If I didn't always fall asleep before I finish the plot, I'd write down the stories and try to sell them. 

I read all of the comments on that page a few times and was so impressed to see that a lot of famous talented people also have this ability and that MOST of those commenters do that to some extent also.  Perhaps you could put a tape recorder next to your bed at night to capture them.  I am really envious that I don't have this ability as I am a total insomniac and imagination-challenged so I guess there is no hope for me

But there was one or two that did have difficulty keeping the two "worlds" separate.  It seemed that some really flipped back and forth from actually living in both worlds and were "consumed" all day with keeping "up to date" in both.  
And that is what struck me as the "connection" to this case.

Yes, I can certainly see why you made that connection. They're a very, very strange family.

I Stand With The Girl
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1868 on: December 21, 2008, 06:04:02 PM »

I HATE myself for thinking this, but I can't help it. Does anyone else think that the private funeral might be so that it can't be covered by TV stations, etc., thus paving the way for the Anthonys to have it filmed by someone and sold for a movie or whatever???

No doubt.   Anna Nicole's was also considered "private" but the rights to it sold for $1 million.
N2WISHN
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1869 on: December 21, 2008, 06:04:13 PM »

I could still just cry for George and Cindy. The hell that Family must be going through right now. Does it make me a horrible person for thinking and understanding where the Anthony's are coming from on the whole toy memorial thing?  The wounds are still there for them. I just feel so bad of them right now. Sad

I think instead of placing a bunch of toys there that they maybe the community should come together and have a memorial stone and some flowers placed there for little Caylee. I just think if a stone was placed there that they wouldn't be able to move it. JMO

I wouldn't have a problem with them removing the items, except it is on public property and roadside memorials are legal in Florida.  This has nothing to do with Caylee, and everything to do with poking the eye of the public.

Lisa

Yes, it is a direct slap in the face to outsiders that want to pay their respects to Caylee in spite of her mother, grandparents and uncle!!  These appalling people love fanning the flames of hatred. They can't exist without drama so they manufacture it themselves and then cry because they are the most hated family in America. Sad thing is, I believe they get their strength from negativity. They thrive on it!!!!!
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1870 on: December 21, 2008, 06:05:13 PM »

Lisa

The authorities should graciously agree to let the Anthonys meet with Casey privately.  Record the whole thing and then say,  "oops, we lied." 

.....and lying isn't a crime, right Cindy?       

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
txlisa
Monkey Junky

Annie-belle!

« Reply #1871 on: December 21, 2008, 06:05:48 PM »

I agree.  I wonder if there is a way to stop them?  It doesn't seem fair. 

I think it might be considered vandalism.

Lisa
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #1872 on: December 21, 2008, 06:07:03 PM »

Lisa

While I wish that could be done, Baez would turn right around and slap an entrapment suit on them so quickly....the whiner would win that one too and nothing taken from the conversation could be used in court.

Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1873 on: December 21, 2008, 06:07:07 PM »

Lisa

Actually, I think they might be able to legally do that.  There is a lot of latitude given in interrogation as far as what is promised and said.  This may not be any different.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1874 on: December 21, 2008, 06:07:29 PM »

While we are wondering whether or not Casey will go to the funeral or be allowed to, here's what happened in another case in Miami-Dade:

--------------

Mother accused of killing daughter renews bid to visit girl's grave

By Jamie Malernee
March 11 2005

A mother accused of beating her 3-year-old daughter to death is now asking to leave jail to visit her child's grave site.

The lawyer for Yusimil Herrera filed a motion in a Miami-Dade court March 4, arguing that if his client is innocent until proved guilty, she should be allowed to "properly grieve" for her daughter, Angel. Herrera is charged with second-degree murder.

Prosecutors argue the request "smacks of sensationalism and comes as plea discussions are ongoing," said Assistant State Attorney Joshua Weintraub.

Herrera grew up in foster care, the victim of abuse and rape, and was subject to high doses of psychotropic drugs most of her life. Her arrest in May made national news, after a $4.4 million jury verdict she and her sister won in 1999 for the abuse they suffered while in state care. Last year, Herrera went off her medication and threw her daughter into a wall, causing fatal head injuries and a broken arm, according to statements she made to the police and child welfare officials.

"She's been heavily, properly medicated, and every day she calls me in tears," said lawyer Mark Eiglarsh. "She loved Angel very much, separate from her ability to be a mother and what she's allegedly done. She hurts like any mother would."

A hearing on the motion is set for Monday, he said.

This is the second time Herrera has sought to visit her dead daughter. Shortly after Herrera's arrest, Miami-Dade Circuit Judge Scott J. Silverman ruled against allowing her to see Angel's body or attend her funeral.

Since then, a new judge has been assigned to the case and other circumstances, Eiglarsh argued, have changed. Herrera is medicated and the media spotlight around the case has diminished. Eiglarsh has agreed to pay for any transportation and security costs.

Weintraub said he will not necessarily oppose the motion, but he questions the motives of Herrera's attorney.

"That would be to get as many still cameras and live footage shots he can of this defendant visiting her daughter's gravesite in an effort to sway public opinion in the case," he said in a written statement. "I am going to point out to the court that the previous judge, after careful consideration of the prior request, did not think it was appropriate for a murder defendant to visit the victim's gravesite."

Eiglarsh said he has not revealed to reporters the location of the grave. He stated in the March 4 motion that the Department of Corrections has said that it "could properly transport [Herrera] with no difficulty."

"I've spoken to corrections officers who have indicated that it's been done in the past under similar circumstances," he said. "It's not a legal issue; it's just in the judge's hand. It's a discretionary call."

But Charles McRay, director of corrections and rehabilitation for Miami-Dade, said Thursday that prisoners are no longer taken to funerals or grave sites, especially when the visit is to the prisoner's alleged victim.

"We stopped doing funerals seven or eight years ago, when we almost had a shootout," he said. "There's a lot of mixed feelings among family."

He said that the department would comply with any direct court order.

Such graveside visits are not unheard of. In 1999, a judge in Palm Beach County granted a father a two-day furlough to visit the grave of his 16-year-old son, who died when the father plunged his car into a canal west of Boynton Beach in a drunken stupor. The man was later sentenced to 12 years in prison for DUI manslaughter.

http://groups.msn.com/prisonlonghouse/motheraccusedofkillingdaughterrenewsbidtovisitgrave.msnw

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
txlisa
Monkey Junky

Annie-belle!

« Reply #1875 on: December 21, 2008, 06:07:50 PM »

When Brad Conway talks about going after people who profited off of searches, he better be talking about Kid Finders!

Lisa
cherjers
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1876 on: December 21, 2008, 06:07:54 PM »

I HATE myself for thinking this, but I can't help it. Does anyone else think that the private funeral might be so that it can't be covered by TV stations, etc., thus paving the way for the Anthonys to have it filmed by someone and sold for a movie or whatever???

Yes. 
you are scaring me--you are starting to think like the anthony-
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1877 on: December 21, 2008, 06:08:12 PM »

I wouldn't have a problem with them removing the items, except it is on public property and roadside memorials are legal in Florida.  This has nothing to do with Caylee, and everything to do with poking the eye of the public.

Lisa

Yes, it is a direct slap in the face to outsiders that want to pay their respects to Caylee in spite of her mother, grandparents and uncle!!  These appalling people love fanning the flames of hatred. They can't exist without drama so they manufacture it themselves and then cry because they are the most hated family in America. Sad thing is, I believe they get their strength from negativity. They thrive on it!!!!!

I agree.They can't do what rational people do because they're NOT!

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #1878 on: December 21, 2008, 06:10:14 PM »

No doubt.   Anna Nicole's was also considered "private" but the rights to it sold for $1 million.
The entire family needs to be banned from having any involvement in the funeral.  This family did not respect Caylee enough in life to protect her from her own psychotic mother, if they did I do not think it would have taken them an entire damn month to track down the b!tch...so why in the world can we expect them to respect her in her passing?? They have already attempted to squash every possible attempt at justice for Caylee.  I am so very much hoping that the trial gets moved down here to Naples as I have a few things I would like to state to that sorry excuse for a human being Cindy.

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1879 on: December 21, 2008, 06:12:01 PM »

Lisa

They can meet with her just like every other visitor and be on camera for all to hear. Casey also best never be able to leave jail for any funeral. I do not believe it is common practice to attend a funeral for the person you are accused and indicted for killing.

The A's have handled this entire matter so poorly. They could have embraced the love of the Orlando community and the nation who cared for little Caylee. The nation would have rallied around the Anthonys as grieving grandparents.

Instead they chose to lie, misrepresent and give conflicting statements to police. Where were they to protect Caylee, which is what the FP post is about.

The A's have brought all of the ridicule and scorn on themselves. Right down to Lee tearing up signs that were well wishes to Caylee.

Now there is talk that they will disband the memorial? These people go out of their way to be hated. The community out pouring would love to be part of a funeral for little Caylee to help mend and open wound.

Instead it appears that the A's wish to tear the scab off ... they get what they deserve. I am sad that they lost their granddaughter, however, I have no pity for them. They could have done so much more for little caylee, instead they made the choice to defend the indefensible.

People don't like baby killers and those that defend them, PERIOD!

Amen !!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.