May 28, 2024, 05:21:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jeanmarie Geis 49 & her 2 children Shot in N Dallas Home (dbl. Murder/Suicide)  (Read 31139 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: December 19, 2008, 11:56:49 PM »

Three found shot dead in North Dallas home
Associated Press
Dec. 19, 2008, 9:00PM
DALLAS — A mother and her two young children were found shot to death in a North Dallas home Friday morning, police said.

Killed were Jeanmarie Geis, 49; her 8-year-old son and her 4-year-old daughter, said Dallas police Lt. Craig Miller. At an afternoon news conference, the police spokesman said the children's identities were being withheld.

He said that Geis' husband, Frank Geis, was at a doctor's office at the time of the shootings. Miller said he was questioned and released. "He's been very forthcoming," Miller said, adding that police are not calling him a suspect.

Police answering a report of gunfire found the bodies at the Geises' home. Each had been shot once, Miller said, but he did not describe where each was wounded.

"We do have some damage to the residence. There's a window broken out, a door opened. ... But we don't know if that's old damage or new damage," he said.

Miller said there had been disturbance calls involving the dead woman. Officers had visited the home twice within the past week, responding to a reported home invasion, assault and kidnapping. Police were trying to determine whether those incidents were linked to the deaths.

Last week, 51-year-old Frank Geis reported being assaulted in a home invasion, and his wife said she was kidnapped from the home afterward by two men dressed in black and wearing ski masks and gloves, according to police reports obtained by The Dallas Morning News. She told police that on Dec. 13 the men burst into her home, tied her up with duct tape and taped her eyes shut.

Later, the men put her in a car and tried to sexually assault her. When she resisted, they pushed her out of the car and fled the scene, according to police reports.

The next day, she was in her driveway when a man approached her, put a gun to her head and forced her into a car. He made her remove her shirt and rubbed the barrel of the gun across her face, she told police. The man then told her, "You're going to be mine."

According to the police reports, Geis escaped from the car. The man chased her and pinned her to the ground but fled again when a nearby garage door opened.

Asked if those previous incidents had been staged, Miller said, "I'm not going to put anything past being a possibility."

The woman was the daughter of the late state District Judge Mark Tolle, who presided over some high-profile criminal trials in Dallas. Among them was Darlie Routier, the suburban Dallas homemaker sent to death row following the fatal stabbings of her two young sons at their Rowlett home.
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/hotstories/6174425.html
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 01:34:08 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008, 12:16:32 AM »

Daughter Of Late Texas Judge Found Dead
Reporter: Associated Press
(December 19, 2008)—Dallas police Friday found the bodies of two children and the daughter of a Texas district judge who presided over high-profile criminal cases during his years on the bench.

Police identified the woman as Jeanmarie Geis, who was daughter of the late state District Judge Mark Tolle.

Police records show that two 911 calls were made on Saturday from the house, one by Geis and one by her husband, Frank Geis.

Both reported a robbery.

Dallas police said officers found the bodies early Friday morning after they arrived at the house in response to a request for a welfare check.
http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/36445709.html

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 10:50:49 AM »

Dec 20, 1:42 AM EST

Mother, kids shot to death in Dallas home

By JEFF CARLTON
Associated Press Writer
 DALLAS (AP) -- A mother and her two young children were found shot to death Friday, possibly by the mother who may have also staged a series of attacks on the family over the last two weeks, police said.

Police responding to a report of gunfire found the bodies of 49-year-old Jeanmarie Geis, her 8-year-old son and her 4-year-old daughter in their Dallas home Friday morning.

No official ruling on the deaths has been made. "We are still waiting for tests to come back to determine if it was in fact a murder/suicide," Dallas police spokesman Senior Cpl. Kevin Janse said.

Frank Geis, Jeanmarie Geis' husband, was at a doctor's office at the time of the shootings and was questioned and released. "He's been very forthcoming," Lt. Craig Miller said, adding that police are not calling him a suspect.

Police said there were at least three disturbance calls involving the dead woman since Dec. 6, when she reported that a gun-wielding man stole her purse and laptop computer outside the real-estate office where she worked with her husband.

Officers had visited the home twice within the past week, responding to a reported home invasion, assault and kidnapping.

"We are looking to determine whether or not they were valid offenses and whether they occurred the way they were reported," Miller said.

On Dec. 13, 51-year-old Frank Geis was interviewed by police after he was apparently assaulted in his home, according to police reports obtained by The Dallas Morning News. His wife told police that two men dressed in black and wearing ski masks and gloves burst into the home around 8:30 a.m. She said they beat her husband with a hammer on the right side of his head.

Frank Geis, however, told police he could not recall anything past 12:30 a.m., according to the police report.

Jeanmarie Geis said that after the assault on her husband, she was kidnapped by the two men. She told police the men tied her up with duct tape and taped her eyes shut.

Later, the men put her in a car and tried to sexually assault her. She told police that when she resisted, they pushed her out of the car and fled the scene, according to police reports.

The next day, she was in her driveway when a man approached her, put a gun to her head and forced her into a car, according to police reports. He made her remove her shirt and rubbed the barrel of the gun across her face, she told police. The man then told her, "You're going to be mine."

Jeanmarie Geis also told police that the man said, "This is for what your sweet daddy did to my family." The woman was the daughter of the late state District Judge Mark Tolle, who presided over some high-profile criminal trials in Dallas.

According to the police reports, Geis escaped from the car. The man chased her and pinned her to the ground but fled again when a nearby garage door opened.
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/T/THREE_DEAD?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US

Emma
Scared Monkey

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008, 11:36:50 AM »

This is a strange story. The question I have is : If Jean Marie staged the attacks, how did her husband receive his injuries?
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2008, 06:55:52 PM »

This is a strange story. The question I have is : If Jean Marie staged the attacks, how did her husband receive his injuries?

Hello and welcome to Scared Monkeys Emma

There are some strange things about this case, and I've posted a few of the articles I've found.  Hopefully, we'll get better information soon.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2008, 05:58:42 PM »

Police investigating deaths of Dallas family

12/21/2008

Associated Press

The daughter of a late Dallas judge had told police she was being pursued by men in ski masks and had been subjected to violent attacks and threats of rape. But just how Jeanmarie Tolle Geis and her two young children wound up shot to death in their upscale Dallas home remains a mystery to authorities.

For starters, doubts have begun to surface over claims the 49-year-old woman made earlier this month about attackers trying to assault, rape and kidnap her in two separate incidents.

"There were a lot of things that we were trying to investigate to close the holes and determine exactly what happened," Deputy Chief David Elliston said Saturday. "There were some things that seemed inconsistent, but we continued the investigation to get answers to those questions."

There also have been questions raised about statements she had made to a boyfriend about the status of her marriage.

The inconsistencies are at the heart of a mystery in the shooting deaths of Geis and her children. Last Friday morning, officers answering a report of gunfire found the bodies of Jeanmarie Geis, her 8-year-old son Matthew and her 4-year-old daughter Sydney around 9 a.m. The three had been shot in the family's upscale home.

Authorities said the woman's husband and children's father, Frank Geis, was at a doctor's office when the deaths happened.

The Dallas County Medical Examiner said the children were shot each once in the head and were the victims of homicide. But autopsy results for their mother could take six to 10 weeks pending further testing, the medical examiner's office said.

The day before the slayings, officials said two detectives had met with the Geises about the attacks she had reported to them, The Dallas Morning News reported.

"We started from the beginning taking it very seriously and dedicating detectives to this," Elliston said.

The daughter of the late state District Judge Mark Stenson Tolle, Jeanmarie Geis had told police that she was the victim of attackers who were retaliating against her because of a case presided over by her father. "This is for what your sweet daddy did to my family," she said one of the attackers told her.

Jeanmarie Geis first called 911 around 11:25 on Dec. 13. She said she was ambushed in her home by two men wearing ski masks, who tied up her, covered her eyes with duct tape ad tried to sexually assault her. Geis told authorities the men pushed her out of a car after she resisted the assault, allowing her to run home and call police.

Authorities said she had bruises on her face and thigh and that her husband was bleeding severely from the head. He also had cuts and scratches on his arms and legs. Frank Geis was taken to Baylor University Medical Center at Dallas, where he later told officers he couldn't remember anything after 12:30 a.m. Dec. 13, according to the police report.

The following day, Jeanmarie Geis reported being attacked at her mother's house, when she was without her husband. Her attacker fled when a nearby garage door opened.

Meanwhile, questions have arisen about statements Jeanmarie Geis made to Eric Hansen, son of WFAA-TV sports anchor Dale Hansen. Eric Hansen said he had been dating Jeanmarie Geis over the last few months and that she told him she and her husband were divorcing. However, Frank Geis said he and his wife were not getting a divorce and a search of Dallas County records didn't show a divorce filing.

Hansen said his 8-year-old son was best friends with Matthew Geis. When he want to the Geis home with his son, Frank Geis was rarely there, Hansen said. But Frank Geis said he was not living outside the home.

Up until Jeanmarie Geis reported the alleged home invasion, Hansen believed she was a stable woman.

"She was hysterical," Mr. Hansen said. "If she faked that, that woman deserves an Oscar."

But as the days passed, Hansen began to doubt the attacks happened as Jeanmarie Geis recounted them.

"The stories themselves made no sense, but the person telling them didn't have a history of telling these kinds of stories."

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/APStories/stories/D9579SG81.html

Edited to bold area referencing boyfriend.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 06:59:59 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2008, 06:04:15 PM »

This case gets weirder the more they talk about it and share more info.  Am thinking it's the inconsistencies of the woman. 

And yeah Emma!  What about the injuries of the husband?  Wonder if he's been given a lie detector test?  And the boyfriend, did he take one?  Am hoping that they both do what needs to be done to clear themselves of any suspicion so that LE can get on with figuring out the rest of it all.

Very strange case indeed Muffy! 

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2008, 06:18:36 PM »

It appears that Jeanmarie and Frank sold real estate together, the "The Geis Group Home Selling System".  Their website is down, but the cache is up for awhile anyway.  Can't do a screenshot with this dinosaur of a computer.  lol  But here's the link to the cache, hope it works.  And below is a pic of them as given in the banner of their website, which was available on Dec 21st.

http://tinyurl.com/8fjcdt

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/Wyks_/Geis.jpg

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2008, 06:20:38 PM »

Ooooooooops, sorry I goofed up the pic.   

Hope this one works.  Buffy, if not please delete my attempts until I get it right, k?  TIA 

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2008, 06:23:18 PM »

I did NOT just call you Buffy!!   

OMG I did!!   

I'm soooooo sorry Muffy!    

forgive? 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2008, 06:43:50 PM »

I did NOT just call you Buffy!!   

OMG I did!!   

I'm soooooo sorry Muffy!    

forgive? 

It's okay.      This is a very strange case, and I'm trying to follow it, to see where it goes.   Thanks for bringing the banner/pic for us to see. 

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2008, 06:46:46 PM »

oh whew!  thanks!   

if i find anything else, will include it here.  i think the boyfriend is an interesting twist.  not sure what to make of it yet. 

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2008, 07:16:23 PM »

oh whew!  thanks!   

if i find anything else, will include it here.  i think the boyfriend is an interesting twist.  not sure what to make of it yet. 

Wow. I cannot believe that Dale Hansen's son was dating her. She was supposedly such a good Catholic woman from what I read on another website. Not that being Catholic or what have you will make you not have a boyfriend when you have a husband. Lord knows I have my issues, but go to Mass on Sunday. But from what I read she went to retreats, etc. I will go watch channel 8 news. That is Dale Hansen's channel. He is a great man, I remember him when he came to Dallas a hundred years ago.

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
JodyO
Scared Monkey

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2008, 07:18:30 PM »

Hope this one works.  Buffy, if not please delete my attempts until I get it right, k?  TIA 

She looks like a VERY young 49, or that is an old photo...
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2008, 07:21:07 PM »

What I am wondering about is Dale Hansen's son. He cannot be her age. He is barely old enough to be my dad. I know he had his kids at an early age, but not close to 49 I'm 42 and he is probably younger than my dad who is 62.

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2008, 07:24:25 PM »

What I am wondering about is Dale Hansen's son. He cannot be her age. He is barely old enough to be my dad. I know he had his kids at an early age, but not close to 49 I'm 42 and he is probably younger than my dad who is 62.
EDITED Dale Hansen's son cannot be close to her age.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2008, 07:40:42 PM »

Buffy the Unsolved Crime solver  smurfin 
love it, lol.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
da sparkenator
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2008, 09:07:45 PM »

Buffy the Unsolved Crime solver  smurfin 
love it, lol.

What day is it?  How long have I been here?
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2008, 11:12:22 PM »

JodyO said:
"She looks like a VERY young 49, or that is an old photo..."

That's what I thought when I first saw it too, Jody.  lol  Bet it's an older pic of them.

joesamas mama said:
"What I am wondering about is Dale Hansen's son. He cannot be her age. He is barely old enough to be my dad. I know he had his kids at an early age, but not close to 49 I'm 42 and he is probably younger than my dad who is 62."

Hmmm.. Interesting!  Maybe she was having a mid-life crisis?  Seems that even the boyfriend was implying that she was acting differently than usual, for her.  I just started reading about this case today and have no clue.  There's some strange twists and turns in this case, that's for sure! 

Nut44x4 said:
"Buffy the Unsolved Crime solver  love it, lol."

ahahaha!   

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2008, 11:18:34 PM »

Jeanmarie Geis

On December 19, 2008, 49-year-old Jeanmarie Geis and her two young children were found shot to death inside their Dallas, Texas home. The three bodies were discovered by neighbors and co-workers before 9:00 am. It was the third attack on the Geis household since December 6, 2008. However, authorities did not rule out the possibility that the incident was a double murder-suicide perpetrated by Jeanmarie Geis.

Fast Facts

1. Born: About 1969
   2. Spouse: Frank Geis (51)
   3. Children: Matthew Geis (Cool and Sydney Geis(4)
   4. The deaths of the children have been determined to be homicides
   5. Employed: Jeanmarie and Frank Geis ran a real estate brokerage

Violence on the Geis Family

Jeanmarie Geis and her husband were assaulted on December 6, 2008, by two unknown men who broke into their home. She reported two other assaults in the following week. Geis told authorities that she believed it was someone taking revenge out on their family for cases taken on by her father, State District Judge Mark Tolle.

The first report of violence was made by Jeanmarie Geis on December 6, 2008, when she said that a suspect wearing a black ski mask attacked her as she stepped out of her car to go to work. The robber took her computer and diamond ring.

On December 13, 2008, Jeanmarie Geis called 911. She reported that two people had broken into her home, beaten her husband with a hammer and attempted to kidnap and rape her. Her husband sustained cuts and bruises but could remember nothing of the attacks. On December 14, 2008, Jeanmarie Geis reported being attacked again, this time at her home. The morning Jeanmarie and the children were shot, Frank Geis was at the doctor's office.

Neighbor Eric Hansen (37) told authorities that the couple had been having marital troubles and that he had been recently been dating Jeanmarie Geis. She bought a handgun, said Hansen, and hired a private security company to guard her house. However, according to authorities, she dropped the protection on December 17.

http://www.mahalo.com/Jeanmarie_Geis

Pages: 1 2 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.