April 26, 2024, 02:16:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, FL Missing since June 16-just reported by mother #80  (Read 408205 times)
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1720 on: December 23, 2008, 04:27:18 PM »

Fox is saying there is more to the story about the meter man, that the police are saying he has been cleared, but maybe not. Anthony atty suggests investigators are delaying Caylee's funeral.
Oh brother!  This poor meter reader.  Not only does he have to go through life with that image in his head of finding the skull of a child, but now he has to take the lashings of a stupid defense attorney and the wacked out media "experts". 
This is just another reason why so many "Good Samaratans" do not wish to do the work of the "Good Samaratan" for fear of being raked over the hot coals.
What is next, burn the Easter Bunny?

Exactly!! 

Several years ago, out in California, I was in my car at a stoplight behind someone in a van who didn't go when the light turned green.  Got out of my car, went to check the driver, who was just sitting there behind the wheel.  Turned out to be a woman in labor, in the process of giving birth.  She was trying to get to the hospital, was just a couple of blocks away.  Onlookers called 911, while another driver and I helped the woman to lie down in the back of her van.  She gave birth to a beautiful baby boy within minutes, before the ambulance even arrived.  Found out later that she named him 'Ivan'.  (he was born in a van).   

The three of us:  the new mama, me, and the driver behind me who helped, all received tickets for 'blocking traffic'.      

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1721 on: December 23, 2008, 04:29:27 PM »

Hi guys!

I just wanted to add to the topic of duct tape that it was my understanding from Dr. Baden, that the duct tape is the reason the hair was still on the skull. It caught me because I had been thinking that if there was hair on the skull, there had to be soft tissue left (hair grows out of skin, not bone.) When I heard Dr. Baden say that, it finally made sense.

That would mean the tape was wrapped around the skull at least once, right?
CBB -- Lucinda and I were talking about this early this morning -- according to this post on Myfoxblog, it was wrapped several times:

scoobysnack
Dec 21, 2008 | 11:38 AM
not sure if anyone else knows this but I will share it incase you don't know, I have a very reliable source in LE so what I'm listing here is all facts..
The duct tape was all the way around Caylee's
head her eye's, nose and mouth were covered.
The book that she is looking at in the video was in the bag.
the 3 calls on Aug 11,12,13 that were made,
this is what is in LE computer
CALL 1: female deputy responds drives down Suburban Dr and clears the scene in 3 minutes it is thought that she never even left her car.
CALL 2: call information was given to a detective who look up the area and saw that
dogs had cleared that area so he clears the scene.
CALL 3: deputy meets the Orange county worker at the location he walks in the woods with the him and he shows him the "bag".. deputy's statement: I poked the bag with my baton, I saw a snake and felt the area was not safe so I cleared the scene as trash.
I was told by my source that it is very common for snakes to be around a decomposing body because they are drawn to the smell and the activity of critters and bugs.. I found this to be pretty interesting. I was also told that LE has a lot of evidence that will not come out until the trial, I really hope this doesn't turn out to be another OJ trial because the state has to prove that the body was placed there before July 16th when KC was arrested and my source tells me that this will be very hard to do.. we all need to pray that this "BIOTCH" goes down..

http://community.myfoxorlando.com/blogs/WOFL/2008/11/27/The_Search_for_Caylee_Anthony_Part_II?page_no=1544

Thanks, Pooky!

I believe the defense will try, and may have some success making a point that LE should have followed through more carefully on the tips about the woods, but in the end, the trial will be about Casey's guilt, not LE's performance.

At least that's what I'm hoping!!
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1722 on: December 23, 2008, 04:30:46 PM »

Fox is saying there is more to the story about the meter man, that the police are saying he has been cleared, but maybe not. Anthony atty suggests investigators are delaying Caylee's funeral.

Thanks for reporting that, but I don't understand what it means. I hate when the news has something vague like that. 

I bolded what I believe to be the 'key' word here:  suggests.  Could be it's just another attempt by the Attorney to create reasonable doubt where there likely isn't any. 

crazybabyborg
« Reply #1723 on: December 23, 2008, 04:31:35 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/crime/2008/12/23/ng.mom.fiance.cnn

Above is the link to Nancy Grace interview w/ Jesse Grund last night. This is the first time I have seen it.  This man is sincere...no doubt at all.

He gives me the same impression, Nut. I missed him on NG, but saw him on Greta and something else........nightline I think.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1724 on: December 23, 2008, 04:33:00 PM »

Oh brother!  This poor meter reader.  Not only does he have to go through life with that image in his head of finding the skull of a child, but now he has to take the lashings of a stupid defense attorney and the wacked out media "experts". 
This is just another reason why so many "Good Samaratans" do not wish to do the work of the "Good Samaratan" for fear of being raked over the hot coals.

Exactly!! 

Several years ago, out in California, I was in my car at a stoplight behind someone in a van who didn't go when the light turned green.  Got out of my car, went to check the driver, who was just sitting there behind the wheel.  Turned out to be a woman in labor, in the process of giving birth.  She was trying to get to the hospital, was just a couple of blocks away.  Onlookers called 911, while another driver and I helped the woman to lie down in the back of her van.  She gave birth to a beautiful baby boy within minutes, before the ambulance even arrived.  Found out later that she named him 'Ivan'.  (he was born in a van).   

The three of us:  the new mama, me, and the driver behind me who helped, all received tickets for 'blocking traffic'.      

You mean they let the baby off without one!???
PookyBear
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1725 on: December 23, 2008, 04:33:38 PM »

[/quote]

Thanks, Pooky!

I believe the defense will try, and may have some success making a point that LE should have followed through more carefully on the tips about the woods, but in the end, the trial will be about Casey's guilt, not LE's performance.

At least that's what I'm hoping!!
[/quote]

Me too!  Every time I think about this I go back to what Red said the other night -- Juries do not let off child killers -- they want someone to be responsible -- I bet statistics are high in convictions of child killers.  I may just have to make that my research project --

It is still just truly sick if this post is true that there was tape over the eyes, nose and mouth -- I guessed to depersonalize her.  Not sure why else it would be done if it was. 
strayze
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1726 on: December 23, 2008, 04:35:11 PM »

When was the last time that Cindy or George went to work?  Where I work, if I had a death in the family of a close realtive, I would get a whole 3 days off. 
I don't think Cindy has been back to work since July 15, George I'm not to sure.

Try working for the federal govt.  I could not attend my grandmother's service, despite the fact she raised me.  Not in the regs.  All leave had to be approved well in advance, in my unit.  That would be when leave plans are submitted during the week the year's plans are submitted.  Sick leave for mandatory surgery presented the same problem.  The leave policies then (20 yr ago) were so awful, because employees in my unit were highly specialized to their govt-specific jobs, therefore not really mobile for other jobs.  That left me with a very bad taste for fed. govt's personnel practices, esp of immediate supervisor is a sociopath.  Since my grandmother lived 2000+ mi away, there was no way to memorialize her except in my head. 
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1727 on: December 23, 2008, 04:43:12 PM »

Good theories Island Monkey! 

Some comments on the part I bolded.  Seems to me that IF Casey used the pesticides, it was simply to kill the maggots.  She's a young adult who lives in the moment, I doubt that at her age she even knew or understood what pesticide can do with decomp and covering the odor.  That sounds more like the knowledge of say, an older adult.  I'm thinking someone Casey's age would only know to grab a can of Raid. 

What I'm saying is if pesticides were used to speed up decomp and mask the odor, am betting Casey had the help of an older adult.  Am thinking the hard part will be in proving this was the intent.   

IMO.

While I get what you are saying, and find this a very good possibility, I have to consider that Casey was an opportunist.  She very well could have only had the foresite of a chincilla and ran out with a can of Raid, but what if that were not available to her, what was left in the house that she had opportunity to get might only have been the pestisides.

Right!  And even if she grabbed the pesticide because it was there, am thinking that was only to kill the maggots.  I'm just finding it hard to believe that Casey knew ahead of time (at her age and perhaps limited knowledge) that pesticide could actually be used to speed up decomp and mask the odor. 

Seems like, if the pesticide was used for that reason, the knowledge likely came from an older and more experienced adult.  And am thinking if that was the intent, it would be hard to prove. 

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1728 on: December 23, 2008, 04:47:07 PM »

I really got to stop watching Fox with this case, I get to angry and upset.

I agree.Just remember.SENSATIONALISM..The only story any media outlet should be covering is how Casey did it.
Very true!  That in and of itself seems to be a never ending game of Clue.  Atleast we have a very good idea of who the murderess is!

I still say the butler did it in the conservatory, with the rope. 

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1729 on: December 23, 2008, 04:58:37 PM »

Jesse on Greta last night
http://www.foxnews.com/ontherecord/

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
cherjers
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1730 on: December 23, 2008, 05:05:49 PM »

Jesse on Greta last night
http://www.foxnews.com/ontherecord/
  Good night monkeys and have a very merry Christmas
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1731 on: December 23, 2008, 05:08:20 PM »

'Nite Cherjers. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1732 on: December 23, 2008, 05:10:41 PM »

http://www.wesh.com/news/18344942/detail.html

Baez filed motion to get crime scene evidence and it's granted

Prosecution has to turn over all evidence that will be used at trial, defense does not.

>>>>>>>>>
Due Process further commands that defendants have the right to call their own witnesses, mount their own evidence, and present their own theory of the facts. In order to properly mount a defense, the prosecution must turn over all evidence that will be presented against the defendant and have pre-trial access to depose all of the prosecution's witnesses.

http://topics.law.cornell.edu/wex/Criminal_procedure

*This won't be popular here, but I think it should be the other way around. I also think one should be presumed guilty until proven innocent. I have always felt this way. If someone is arrested for a crime...then they should have to PROVE they are innocent. If guilt was not presumed, they would not be arrested in the first place. IMO.

Nut, what you say makes sense, hadn't thought of this before.  In other areas, one is presumed guilty, has to pay a fine or prove his/her innocence or give an explanation of the circumstances. 

So why has it been flipped around for some areas.  Is it misdemeanor vs a felony, severity of a crime, arrest vs. a ticket?   

Dang, I need more coffee before thinking this hard!   

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1733 on: December 23, 2008, 05:11:49 PM »

Headline News discussing case.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1734 on: December 23, 2008, 05:13:05 PM »

I just saw this, from Channel 9....WTF!

WTF is right! 

What would be considered aggravating circumstances?

Duct tape.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1735 on: December 23, 2008, 05:15:05 PM »

Defense is just messing around to make things appear to have doubt such as the meter reader.
Are they mad he found the remains? It does make their case somewhat harder to defend with a body and evidence more than what they had.

JB announced an information line to have people call to give tips on how the bag ended up there. What do you get if you call? Money? Fame? Oh that's right you can't call unless there is a number..he didn't give one to the media. Sounds like a brain fart he had and just threw it out there.

JB thinks investigators are stalling to turnover the remains? Come on...whine..whine..whine. Court isn't until March. It is the holidays and I am sure the A's are not planning on anything real soon on services.

These games are just getting ridiculous and I don't think the court will put up with much from a lawyer who whines and um's his way through court.

How about a tip line for information as to how Baez every got his license to practice law???? 

Every not every.  Someone needs to put the chocolate down before typing.

OMG!  EVER not every.  Ok backing up from the laptop now.  Closing slowly.  Putting chocolate down, head on pillow . . .

My youngest son would say.. 'sit down mom, before you hurt yourself'. 

He's such a brat! 

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1736 on: December 23, 2008, 05:16:50 PM »

When was the last time that Cindy or George went to work?  Where I work, if I had a death in the family of a close realtive, I would get a whole 3 days off. 
I don't think Cindy has been back to work since July 15, George I'm not to sure.

Try working for the federal govt.  I could not attend my grandmother's service, despite the fact she raised me.  Not in the regs.  All leave had to be approved well in advance, in my unit.  That would be when leave plans are submitted during the week the year's plans are submitted.  Sick leave for mandatory surgery presented the same problem.  The leave policies then (20 yr ago) were so awful, because employees in my unit were highly specialized to their govt-specific jobs, therefore not really mobile for other jobs.  That left me with a very bad taste for fed. govt's personnel practices, esp of immediate supervisor is a sociopath.  Since my grandmother lived 2000+ mi away, there was no way to memorialize her except in my head. 

In your head but also in your HEART.  Good to see you!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1737 on: December 23, 2008, 05:18:39 PM »

I just saw this, from Channel 9....WTF!

WTF is right! 

What would be considered aggravating circumstances?

Oooooo how much you wanna bet Jose and KC are going to throw CINDY under the bus!!!! Oh yeah, the poor abuse that KC has suffered all her life! Then throw in George and Lee sexually abusing her and there you have the reason that KC killed Caylee! In her mind she was "saving" her child from the same abuse she endured for years!!

Yep!  And I think those would be some 'mitigating factors/circumstances'...

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1738 on: December 23, 2008, 05:21:00 PM »

Meter Man's 911 calls. http://www.wesh.com/news/18344942/detail.html
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1739 on: December 23, 2008, 05:22:46 PM »

Exactly!! 

You mean they let the baby off without one!???

Must have been his lucky day, eh? 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.