March 28, 2024, 08:01:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, FL Missing since June 16-just reported by mother #80  (Read 406010 times)
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1960 on: December 24, 2008, 12:23:11 AM »

Casey and the other inmates will be getting cookies, calendar, socks and a candy cane for Christmas. I bet she is just thrilled. WESH.com.

She gets to enjoy a cookie, while Caylee sits in the morgue (or in the ground, or in an urn).
She gets to look at a calendar to view the days ahead, while Caylee has no days of anything to look forward to.
She gets socks to keep her feet warm, while Caylee had to rot in the dirt in the woods for several months.
She gets to enjoy the flavor of a candy cane, while Caylee will never experience the joy of one of her own, ever again.

I'm trying to figure out why the inmates are getting anything special for the holidays at all.  They committed crimes and there are kids/people out there that can't even afford food but they get socks, calendars, cookies and a candy cane.  What a waste of money!

Not all of them are murderers. Some of the inmates serving time actually do deserve a little something.

I'm betting this is mass-produced surplus stuff.
I agree, there are some really bad people in prison -- but I bet few of these women are in jail for harming their kids. Put casey in the general population on Christmas day -- see how these other women away from their own kids treat her.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1961 on: December 24, 2008, 12:24:28 AM »

From what I saw, they have taken away mounds of evidence from the ANT house.
They ( the Scheme Team ) don't know what the State's case is now because it all has to be processed along with everything they took from the woods. And a connection made between the two. That is going to take months. Look how long it took for the DNA from the trunk to be processed.
My gut feeling is that until Baez and K-Baden know what they are up against, all we're going to have is alot of lies on Fox and a whole bunch of maybe's. K-Baden is a forensic lawyer. They will make a determination as to what they think they can get tossed and then decide how to proceed. Some guy on NG said that they probably not be able to determine when she passed, not the day or the week , maybe even a month.
Can't see Casey admitting to anything unless the case is so strong from the State that it would not be in her best interest to go to trial and take a risk.   

I think they *might* be able to determine fairly closely when Caylee died, mainly because of however much or little hair actually was left.  In reading about decomp and all that, it basically says that hair is the last to go as the body turns to a skeleton.  Since there was 'some' hair left, they not saying the amount, am thinking this will be a helpful indicator for them.

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1962 on: December 24, 2008, 12:28:19 AM »

They must have felt the crap slinging....here is an update.

Now they ARE NOT asking for funds to help pay for the funeral

"Contrary to television reports, the family of Caylee Anthony says it is not seeking donations to pay for the toddler's funeral.

A release from Brad Conway, who represents George and Cindy Anthony, was sent out at 1:42 a.m. today.

The release states: "The Anthonys appreciate and respect the public's show of love and affection for little Caylee, their only granddaughter. It is their intention to have both a private ceremony as well as a public ceremony. The Anthonys want to begin the process of healing not only for themselves but for our entire community."

The release adds that any money "held in any account dedicated to finding Caylee" will be given to a nonprofit group, yet undetermined, that helps find missing children.

The public memorial will have to be located at a large venue so that everyone who wants to pay their last respects to this beautiful child may do so," Conway's release says.

And he concludes, "I want emphatically to state that the Anthony family is NOT requesting funeral donations for Caylee Marie Anthony."

WFTV-Channel 9 reported Monday that the grandparents were seeking donations to bury Caylee. WFTV repeated the story Tuesday morning."

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/...blog/2008/12/caylee-anthon-7.html

Well, one of two things, either wftv is making up stories or there was such a negative outcry from the public, the Ant's changed their minds. Also, the fact that the public is very aware of their trust funds and what they contain.

wftv never actually said that the Ants were soliciting donations. They said the Ant's "may" do so. That's news speak for, "they never said anything of the kind but we wonder if they will do this." The Ants never actually asked for donations, although someone said that someone said that one of them or their representative said they hoped that people might chip in to help with the funeral.

We read the article here.  It was stated that they were, not that they may.  Which is why so many got up in arms about it. 

crazybabyborg
« Reply #1963 on: December 24, 2008, 12:28:28 AM »

Klaas?

I can get the thread change!

crazybabyborg
« Reply #1964 on: December 24, 2008, 12:32:12 AM »

If the Ants were floating a test ballon to test the wind about asking the public for funds for a funeral, the balloon fell over like it was made of lead!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1965 on: December 24, 2008, 12:32:34 AM »

Klaas?

I can get the thread change!

Sure!  I've already unlocked the new thread 
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1966 on: December 24, 2008, 12:32:57 AM »

If the Ants were floating a test ballon to test the wind about asking the public for funds for a funeral, the balloon fell over like it was made of lead!

ITA

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1967 on: December 24, 2008, 12:33:55 AM »

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=8133607&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

So does this mean Baez won't be having another autopsy done, now that Caylee's remains are at the funeral home?

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1968 on: December 24, 2008, 12:34:01 AM »

They ( the Scheme Team ) don't know what the State's case is now because it all has to be processed along with everything they took from the woods. And a connection made between the two. That is going to take months. Look how long it took for the DNA from the trunk to be processed.
My gut feeling is that until Baez and K-Baden know what they are up against, all we're going to have is alot of lies on Fox and a whole bunch of maybe's. K-Baden is a forensic lawyer. They will make a determination as to what they think they can get tossed and then decide how to proceed. Some guy on NG said that they probably not be able to determine when she passed, not the day or the week , maybe even a month.
Can't see Casey admitting to anything unless the case is so strong from the State that it would not be in her best interest to go to trial and take a risk.   

I think they *might* be able to determine fairly closely when Caylee died, mainly because of however much or little hair actually was left.  In reading about decomp and all that, it basically says that hair is the last to go as the body turns to a skeleton.  Since there was 'some' hair left, they not saying the amount, am thinking this will be a helpful indicator for them.

Wyks - I agree.  I believe they will be able to pinpoint not only an approximate date of death but I also believe they will come close to pinpointing WHEN Casey left Caylee's body in that spot. 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1969 on: December 24, 2008, 12:36:21 AM »

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=8133607&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

So does this mean Baez won't be having another autopsy done, now that Caylee's remains are at the funeral home?

According to one of the forensic experts on TV (maybe Perper), it's really not an autopsy anyway. An autopsy can't really be performed on skeletal remains.  Baez has already requested the xrays and "autopsy" report done by the ME, I imagine the xrays and chemical tests will be all Baez needs.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1970 on: December 24, 2008, 12:37:35 AM »

Casey and the other inmates will be getting cookies, calendar, socks and a candy cane for Christmas. I bet she is just thrilled. WESH.com.

She gets to enjoy a cookie, while Caylee sits in the morgue (or in the ground, or in an urn).
She gets to look at a calendar to view the days ahead, while Caylee has no days of anything to look forward to.
She gets socks to keep her feet warm, while Caylee had to rot in the dirt in the woods for several months.
She gets to enjoy the flavor of a candy cane, while Caylee will never experience the joy of one of her own, ever again.

I'm trying to figure out why the inmates are getting anything special for the holidays at all.  They committed crimes and there are kids/people out there that can't even afford food but they get socks, calendars, cookies and a candy cane.  What a waste of money!

Not all of them are murderers. Some of the inmates serving time actually do deserve a little something.

I agree, there are some really bad people in prison -- but I bet few of these women are in jail for harming their kids. Put casey in the general population on Christmas day -- see how these other women away from their own kids treat her.

I've wondered about that very thing. Surely they can't keep her in isolation or protective status the entire time she is in jail, post trial. I would imagine her time in the general population isn't going to be pleasent.

I've asked before, but does it ring a bell to anyone that some convictions carry with them the inability to profit from a crime? If that's the case, I want the entire family convicted of something!!!
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1971 on: December 24, 2008, 12:37:42 AM »

According to one of the forensic experts on TV (maybe Perper), it's really not an autopsy anyway. An autopsy can't really be performed on skeletal remains.  Baez has already requested the xrays and "autopsy" report done by the ME, I imagine the xrays and chemical tests will be all Baez needs.
Can they still get "bone marrow"????

flossy
Monkey Junky

Got milk?

« Reply #1972 on: December 24, 2008, 12:38:15 AM »

Hi, all!  I was very much kidding about causing the death of the thread.  It was funny, though - twice today I would come back after 10 minutes or so and kept hitting refresh like I just KNEW it hadn't been that long without a new post.  Both times I had posted the last one and I cracked up after the second time.   

Thanks for the offer, sleddogs!  Unfortunately, Bean-O has never worked for me.   My husband is the deadly weapon, though.  I'm harmless compared to him!

Hope all of you are doing well and not too stressed with the Christmas countdown!

If it's not one thing, it's an udder.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1973 on: December 24, 2008, 12:39:06 AM »

Can they still get "bone marrow"????

Wreck
- I would imagine YES they can still get marrow. 
Fuzzball
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1974 on: December 24, 2008, 12:41:29 AM »

When was the last time that Cindy or George went to work?  Where I work, if I had a death in the family of a close realtive, I would get a whole 3 days off. 

Some companies do that. But there are also companies who hold you to a 3-month probationary period, during which if you miss a day for any reason, you're fired. No matter what. George had just started a new job when Caylee went missing, which he was fired from sometime early in the investigation. Cindy might be using the FMLA, or she might have been fired. Since Caylee was missing, not deceased, there is no law protecting her grandparents against being fired over this. Since she wasn't suffering from a serious illness requiring care, Cindy might not even have qualified for the FMLA. She might just have been given the axe as soon as the craziness of it all started affecting her work or her attendance.

I think they both decided not to go back to work, but instead to "search fulltime" for Caylee. But now that she's been found, probably they'll try to find jobs after the funeral. There would be no point in seeking a job right now, with all the stuff they have to deal with right now.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1975 on: December 24, 2008, 12:41:33 AM »

Hi, all!  I was very much kidding about causing the death of the thread.  It was funny, though - twice today I would come back after 10 minutes or so and kept hitting refresh like I just KNEW it hadn't been that long without a new post.  Both times I had posted the last one and I cracked up after the second time.   

Thanks for the offer, sleddogs!  Unfortunately, Bean-O has never worked for me.   My husband is the deadly weapon, though.  I'm harmless compared to him!

Hope all of you are doing well and not too stressed with the Christmas countdown!

Hi Flossy! I hope YOU aren't too stressed out! It's Christmas and we need the milk for eggnog! 

Tell hubby to put his big boy pants on!   
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1976 on: December 24, 2008, 12:42:21 AM »

Thanks Klaas, I had not heard that.

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1977 on: December 24, 2008, 12:42:30 AM »

I've wondered about that very thing. Surely they can't keep her in isolation or protective status the entire time she is in jail, post trial. I would imagine her time in the general population isn't going to be pleasent.

I've asked before, but does it ring a bell to anyone that some convictions carry with them the inability to profit from a crime? If that's the case, I want the entire family convicted of something!!!
I would assume she is in "County" jail -- not "State" prison pre-trial. I wonder how long they can keep her isolated?

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1978 on: December 24, 2008, 12:44:06 AM »

Wyks - I agree.  I believe they will be able to pinpoint not only an approximate date of death but I also believe they will come close to pinpointing WHEN Casey left Caylee's body in that spot. 

Yep!  And I can't wait to hear their report on this.  Likely won't be until the trial tho.  Dang it.  lol

crazybabyborg
« Reply #1979 on: December 24, 2008, 12:44:33 AM »

I don't know, wreck.

I heard reporters say OJ may be in isolation his entire sentence.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.