April 26, 2024, 03:03:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Robert Wylie Harris (aka:Mark Ozias) 59, 9/9/07 San Francisco, CA  (Read 5566 times)
ojanaway
Scared Monkey

« on: December 22, 2008, 03:05:52 AM »

Am desperately looking for an US citizen,Robert Wylie Harris,aka Mark or Mark Ozias.59,very tall,blue/grey eyes,grey hair (balding)big scaron right side of forehead.Onsept 2007 he was living in Mumbai,and from there sent me avery alarming mail,the kind only a very disturbed person might write.After that,silence.I'm very concerned,because Mr Harris is involved with a very dangerous religious sect,THE FAMILY aka Children of God (remeber Ricky Rodriguez'scase in 2004?).When he disappeared I was trying to help him to get out ofthere (thing that he had already unsuccessfully tried for many times).
For reasons too long to explain here,I'm sure that this disappearance isnot voluntary and that TF is behind it.
I wrote to indian authorities,US embassy,but they ignored me:i'm no relative,just the woman who has been loving Mr Harris for 33 years.Triedto involve his sister in San Francisco,but no way.
The sect's main office in USA refuses to give me news and states that NO ONE with that name EVER belonged to their "church" (Blatant lie:Mr Harris has been with them for more than 30 years!)
After 15 months Idecided to post ads on missing people forums.This way Ihope to find out what became of Mr Harris and to make TF reveal where he is now.
I beg everyone who views this ad to spread word.Odette Janaway
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 01:13:33 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 08:37:21 AM »

Welcome to Scared Monkeys. Can you tell me what State (USA?) he was last known to be in? I can't seem to see that in your above post or figure it out from your post. Need a place to start. Will be checking into this further after Christmas. Do you have a photo?

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
ojanaway
Scared Monkey

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2008, 09:17:43 AM »

Dear Nut,
thanks for yr time with me.
Robert was in India,precisely in Mumbai,when he disappeared,but I believe he might be in California now,in San Francisco area.In case of a crisis,he goes back there,or at least used to.Will try to send picture by next week.It's very important that his story is made known.
You know,in june he'll turn 60 and TF doesn't have use with aging people:theyusually throw them out,leaving them to their own devices.
Robert is avery frail person:10years ago his older son,Sam,died in an accident.Since then he blames himself,and drinks too much.
There is areal risk that he might commit suicide if thrownout of TF.
I've lovedhim since when i was agirl,and you can understand my concern.
Please spreadthis story around.Odette
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 01:10:13 PM »

First, I will post a NYT article so others can be aware of  Richard P. Rodriguez, of whom you mention above. It may be important to know the story.

Murder and Suicide Reviving Claims of Child Abuse in Cult

January 15, 2005
NEW YORK TIMES

Growing up in the 1970's in a religious cult known around the world as the Children of God, Ricky Rodriguez was revered as "the prince." The group's leaders were his mother and stepfather, and they taught that their son would guide them all when the End Times came.

He was so special that his unconventional upbringing - by a collection of often-topless young nannies - was chronicled in "The Davidito Book," which was distributed to cult members as a how-to guide for rearing children. And children the cult had in multitudes.

Last Saturday in Tucson, Mr. Rodriguez, now 29, invited a former nanny, Angela Smith, to go to dinner. He took Ms. Smith to his apartment, stabbed her to death, went to his Chevrolet, drove west across the California border to a small desert town, Blythe, and called his wife on his cellphone to explain why he had killed Ms. Smith, the police in both states and Mr. Rodriguez's wife said.

Then with one shot from a semiautomatic handgun, the police said, he ended his life.

The group lives on. What was known as a 60's cult that attracted members like the parents of the actor River Phoenix and Jeremy Spencer, the Fleetwood Mac guitarist, is now called the Family International.

A spokesman in Washington, Claire Borowik, described the organization as a Christian fellowship with 4,000 children and 4,000 adult members who lived in 718 communal houses in 100 countries. The group sends aid workers and missionaries to disasters like the recent tsunami. Its musical troupe, the Family Singers, have at various times sung in the White House.

But Mr. Rodriguez's murder-suicide is reviving accusations by former members about routine physical, emotional and sexual abuse that they say they experienced as children.

There is evidence of the practices in documents that the cult's leaders consider so damaging that they acknowledge they twice sent out "purge notices" to their followers with explicit directions about which pages to burn, which photographs to white-out and which to excise with Exacto knives.

Mr. Rodriguez recorded a videotape the night before he killed Ms. Smith and committed suicide. The video, which was provided to The New York Times by Mr. Rodriguez's wife, was taped in his apartment in Tucson and shows him loading a gun and showing off other weapons.

He said he saw himself as a vigilante avenging children like him and his sisters who had been subject to rapes and beatings.

"There's this need that I have," he said. "It's not a want. It's a need for revenge. It's a need for justice, because I can't go on like this."

Mr. Rodriguez is not the only suicide among people reared in the Children of God. Some former members who keep in touch with one another through a Web site, movingon.org, say that in the last 13 years at least 25 young people reared in the cult have committed suicide.

In response to questions, the Family strongly insisted in an e-mail message from Ms. Borowik that the formers members were intentionally inflating the count by including accidents, overdoses and people who are alive.

For the Family International, the latest murder-suicide threatens to revive a past that Ms. Borowik said she thought the organization had put behind it. The Family announced in 1986 that it had changed its guidelines and would excommunicate anyone who had sexual contact with children, she said.

The group survived investigations into child abuse in Argentina, Australia, France and Spain in the 90's. Although some members were briefly jailed, there were no convictions of top leaders.

Ms. Borowik attributed Mr. Rodriguez's crime not to his past, but to his current "peers." She said that when he left the group in 2000, he came in contact with former members who are "virulent vitriolic apostates, which we have a small circle of, who want to do damage to our movement."

They failed to point him in "positive directions," she said.

Mr. Rodriguez's mother, Karen Zerby, known as the Queen or Mama Maria, still leads the Family. Her whereabouts and travel schedule are kept secret, even from most group members, Ms. Borowik said, "because of her spiritual ministry to so many people."

Ms. Zerby refused an interview request submitted to Ms. Borowik.

Mr. Rodriguez's wife, Elixcia Munumel, from whom he had recently separated, said he had spent the last few years trying to find his mother and his half-sister, Techi. He wanted to see his mother prosecuted for child abuse, and to free Techi from the group, Ms. Munumel said.

She said that Mr. Rodriguez had moved to Tucson because he had heard that his mother and half-sister had stopped through there on Christmas 2003 to see his grandparents, who run an old-age home there and that he hoped they might visit again.

"He always wanted to do something to make right his mother's wrong," said Ms. Munumel, who left the Family with Mr. Rodriguez and is studying for a nursing degree. "He felt he owed it to all of those who never got justice.

"I'm not justifying what he did and I'm not saying it was right, because it was a life that was taken. But I want people to understand that what he did was out of pain and hurt and years of that pain building up and not being able to have that weight lifted."

The founder of the Children of God was David Brandt Berg, a son of Pentecostal evangelists. In the late 60's, he attracted a group of hippie followers who styled themselves as revolutionary Jesus freaks.

Ms. Zerby was his second wife. Promoting a gospel of free love, Mr. Berg urged his female followers to go out and offer sex to lure converts, according to histories of the organization. He called it "flirty fishing."

The group hopscotched the globe, and its history has been well documented by scholars. Internal documents that former members provided this last week also fill in details.

In the Canary Islands, Ms. Zerby gave birth to Ricky, whom the group called Davidito. Church documents show that the father was a handsome hotel clerk in Tenerife. Mr. Berg adopted the baby, but he was cared for day to day by a coterie of young female members, including Ms. Smith, the nanny who was killed.

"The Davidito Book" was written by a nanny known as Sara, and it was among the documents that the leaders ordered purged. But some former members saved their copies and sent e-mail excerpts to one another this week in an effort to fathom Mr. Rodriguez's violence.

In several pages of the book that former members sent to The Times, the toddler Ricky is described or else pictured as watching intercourse and orgies, fondling his nanny's breasts and having his genitals fondled. All that is recounted in a tone of amusement and delight.

Ms. Borowik, the spokeswoman, said in a lengthy telephone interview that Mr. Rodriguez had been reared in an atmosphere similar to "a nudist colony," where sexual freedoms were taken for granted. She cited scholars who said the sexual practices appeared to cause no harm to the children and a psychologist who evaluated Ricky as a teenager and found him well adjusted.

"He was never taken advantage of," she said. "Rather he was allowed to explore his sexuality freely. He was allowed to explore as a young boy what comes naturally, and usually in our society, we do not allow such exploration."

In interviews this last week, more than a dozen people who grew up in the cult gave detailed accusations about experiencing or witnessing sex abuse of minors.

"At the time, I didn't think of it as abuse," Peter Frouman, 29, of Austin, Tex., who left in 1987, said in a sentiment echoed by many others. "I had no concept that normal people didn't do this sort of thing. I thought it was perfectly normal for parents to have sex with their children, and children to have sex with each other and with adults.

"When I was 11, I had sex with a 28-year-old woman, and it was with the approval of everyone in the room. I found out later that my mom was watching."

In 2002, Mr. Rodriguez posted a memoir on the movingon Web site saying Mr. Berg, who died in 1994, had sexually abused his granddaughter and daughters. In Mr. Rodriguez's account, the group's founding father came off as a debauched pedophile and his mother as cold and violent toward the children.

Mr. Rodriguez, like others, gravitated to other former members who seemed the only others who could understand the strange world that they had inhabited. Some discussed whether they could work through the legal system to lock up their former abusers. But many said they despaired.

Tracking down people was difficult. Pseudonyms were the standard in the Family, and members often changed their names. They live in isolated, often clandestine, communes all over the globe.

"It happened everywhere - in the Philippines, Japan, Greece," said Celeste Jones, a former member in England. "So where do you go for legal redress?"

Mr. Rodriguez called Ms. Jones in the 24 hours before the killing, saying he could not go on. "I was telling him, "Things will be taken seriously,' but he didn't believe it," Ms. Jones said.

The police said the last telephone call that Mr. Rodriguez made was to his wife, Ms. Munumel. She said he told her he that had done something very wrong, to avenge not himself, but his sisters. He then asked her to call the police in Tucson because he had killed a former nanny.

Ms. Munumel said, "He said the hardest thing for him had been that as she was dying, she didn't understand what she had done wrong."

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/01/15/national/15cult.html?pagewanted=2&th

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2009, 01:30:40 PM »

Could you tell me what 'Race' Robert is?

ojanaway
Scared Monkey

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2009, 09:11:45 AM »

Dear Nut,
thanks for what you do,you are a blessing.
Robert is a white man.
I inform you that,thanks to the advice of an indian friend,I created a Yahoo Group in Robert's name.The link is:http/://groups.yahoo.com/group/find_robert.
If you visit in acouple of days (and,of course,will tell others to do it!)you'll find the copies of the mails I've been sending around to indian police,politiciains,journalists,NGOs,catholic bishops and so on in nearly 3 years.
You'll be able to know Robert's whole story,and informations about TF.Odette
ojanaway
Scared Monkey

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2009, 09:46:09 AM »

Asyou know,I'mlooking for Robert Wylie Harris,an US citizen involved with The Family religious sect.
I created a Yahoo group,called find_robert.Thelink is
http://groups.yahoo.com/group.find_robert.
If you visit it you'll find Robert's whole story and informations about The Family.Odette
ojanaway
Scared Monkey

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2009, 03:09:36 AM »

Dear Nut,
I started a campaign.A MAIL FOR ROBERT.
Asyou know,The Family won't give me news and denies the very existenceof a Mark Ozias (Robert's name in the sect)in their ranks.They are sure no one but me cares about him and everything is allowed to them.
I ask anyone who views this post or visits my Yahoo Group(http://gropus.yahoo.com/group/find_robert)to write a mail,with the subject WHERE IS MARK OZIAS?and nothing else to the following addresses:
publicaffairs@thefamily.org;rd.india@abmc.net.
An US pastor and an indian reverend wrote themselves and are spreading word.
Please if you can do the same and tell others to do the same.A mail can make a BIG difference.Odette
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2009, 04:11:26 PM »

I find zero info on this man (either name) in the USA or elsewhere...other than what you have put out there in search of info. It is like he doesn't exist.

ojanaway
Scared Monkey

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2009, 02:44:01 AM »

Dear Nut,
I'm not surprised you didn't find infos about Robert but mine.
No one surely reported him missing,certainly not his twin sister in San Francisco.Members of The Family ARE invisible to others;the sect instructs them not to draw any attention on them,to be the most anonymous possible.
Secrecy is one ofthe basic rules.
They are paranoid about secrecy and negative publicity.
When I was in India,if I wanted to call Italy I had to go to public places,because the "shepherd"was afraid that if,I calledform their phone,somebody might track me down through computer.When "homes"exchange mails ,they use a codified language that only shepherds can understand.
And these are only two trivial examples.
The Family didn't last 40 years for nothing.
You know,I've known them for 34 years now,and I realize how hard it may be for an outside person to understand them.Though I never was a member,I learnedto think like them.
Knowing them,in the matter about Robert they either won't reply or will adamantly deny.
They might even make Robert write a statement,obviously prepared by somebody else,full of lies.
What matters most now,according to me,is that they realize that Robert matters and is not alone.
I'm receiving messages from people who are writing to The Family.Am praying something will come up.Odette
ojanaway
Scared Monkey

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2009, 09:34:09 AM »

10 days ago I received an information,according to which Robert might be in Santa Rosa,California.Unfortunately it was a blind alley.
Nonetheless I don't give up and invite everyone to visit my Yahoo Group (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/find_robert)and to readnot only Robert's story,but also New Delhi Sahara Centre's story.
I also invite everyone to join the campaign A MAIL FOR ROBERT.Greetings.Odette
ojanaway
Scared Monkey

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2009, 10:56:29 AM »

Dear Nut,
there have been strange developments yesterday.
Last summer I met a woman,who after 20 years in TF escaped and is working in an antisect center (so she says).She hsared my concerns for Robert and when Istarted the groupand the campaign granted me her help.Exactly one week ago,she told me she had posted an ad on her own for Robert in an exmembers forum (unaskedfor).
Yesterday the music abruptly changed.She wrote me,telling me I'm making toomuch fuss over nothing,there is no certainty Robert really disappeared,I have to drop the matter "for yrlovedone's sake".
Now,if Robert really got out of my life freelymwhy,after sept 2007 for 2 months the chief of Renaissance Home in Mumbai and his righthand man bothered to make at least 20 threatening phone calls from India to Italy,stopping only when Ithreatened to involve Mumbai police andmedia?Why,in the same period,my mail address was violated and important mails deleted?Why all this"fuss over nothing"?
Unfortunately I'veknown TF for years and this mail is totally Famliy-like,veiled threats included.
According to me,this isthe evidence that Robert really disappeared,and i'm more determined than ever to findout what became of him.Odette
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.