March 29, 2024, 03:52:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, FL Missing since June 16-just reported by mother #81  (Read 337916 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1240 on: December 26, 2008, 10:32:12 PM »

MuffyBee, My computer was down a couple of months. Could you give me a link to find all the documents? TIA

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=3438.msg478227#msg478227  Documents thread.

Also, if you go to this page, you will find the threads for transcripts, media, etc.:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?board=39.0
« Last Edit: December 26, 2008, 10:34:49 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1241 on: December 26, 2008, 10:36:39 PM »

Desdemona.... You outlining the movie Untraceable, really shows to me Casey had to have seen that movie before she rented it on June 16th. Yes you may be right about the dry wall in the garage, the items Cindy said she took out of the car could very well have been resting against the wall.
flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1242 on: December 26, 2008, 10:39:07 PM »

Great post Des.. Good to hear from you
I agree with the stacks...
I appreciate the synopsis of the movie too.. it all ties in
On Fox right now, Jamie Colby is sitting in for Greta and will talk about a parallel with a TV show and caylee's murder

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1243 on: December 26, 2008, 10:40:47 PM »

Hi Brandi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/color][/size]

Hey sparky!!

Cool eyes!

Hey Bearly!

Thank you!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1244 on: December 26, 2008, 10:41:10 PM »

Hi everybody

Been here for a loooong time again as usual, reading-reading-reading to try and catch up.  I hate to post before reading everything, as I don't want to reply to something that's been answered, or bring up a topic that has already been discussed and put to bed.

That's why I haven't been posting much since becoming a monkey.

I use up all my compy time catching up (and wow, those super-long and complicated quote stacks sure do slow things down for me, just sayin') -- and end up having to make a "hit and run" post like this one, and get back to real life.

Sorry if that seems unsociable or rude.  I love SM and all the monkeys here.  I read what everyone says, and follow the friendships and spats... Take in the comments, am amazed at the awesome work some people come up with... just really enjoy being here, but don't have the confidence to just pop on and join in without getting caught up first... then catching up takes too long and there's no time to join in... Catch 22 for me; hope I'll figure out a better way one of these days.

So here's what I wanted to add, sorry it is so long:

Drywall from the garage  --  Well, in one of Cindy's LE or FBI interviews, she discusses the items she removed from the car and then left piled up in the garage (next to the washer IIRC)... maybe they were looking for evidence from items that may have made contact with the wall there, that is IF it is true that LE even took a piece of drywall.....

The movie "Untraceable"  --  This movie contains many, many parallels to Caylee's story.  Here are just a few:

• Decaying body in trunk of car abandoned deliberately for someone to find.
  • Young single woman working long hours while her mother cares for her daughter.
  • Grandmother disapproves of apparent neglect of g-daughter by daughter.
  • Child's father is deceased and the film never shows him in picture or flashback.
  • The twisted killer's motive is resentment, bitterness, revenge.
  • The case garners national and international media attention.
  • The young mother and her family are in danger, but she can't tell them why.
  • She flees alone to a hotel for safety on the night after the killer targets her home.
  • The killer makes phone calls that can't be traced, using a "spoof" card.
  • One of the victims is tripped up through his activity on an online dating site.
  • As others have pointed out, the killer binds two of the victims around the mouth with duct tape.

The use of duct tape   --  I stated this before last week.  It may be important:  Duct tape does NOT silence the victim.  It keeps the victim from forming words and speaking.  But duct tape does not prevent the victim from making sounds, even loud sounds, such as screaming.  IF it is true that Caylee's mouth/head were bound in duct tape, this may be symbolic of "shutting her up" and/or may have been done to stage the scene as a kidnapping.  It is IMO highly likely that duct tape, if used, was placed on Caylee after she was unconscious or deceased.  Also, we have no word on whether her hands and/or feet were bound, either.

The movie "Jumper" --  There are a lot of connections in this movie, too, but one stands out:  The phrase,

"With (great?) power comes great consequence"

which Casey wrote as part of her famous "diary of days" myspace post (written 7/2 or 7/5, posted 7/7), was originally a tagline for the movie "Jumper."  Because of its similarity to a Spiderman line, "With great power comes great responsibility" (or something like that), the studio later changed the Jumper tagline to "Everywhere is possible."

Shamrocks possibly important?  --  Okay, here are some shamrock connections.  Who can say whether they mean anything?

Casey's shamrock tattoo.  Tattoos of shamrocks on many of her friends.  The infamous shamrock lanyard that Cindy claims disappeared from Casey's things on 7/15.  The shamrock charm on a necklace worn by Casey (and which L Padilla thought he found in the Econ river in Blanchard Park).  The shamrock sticker on Casey's car (rear window?).  The shamrocks as part of the decor in pics taken at the "Lake Vaj" house.  The "show your shamrocks" cap worn by Casey's friend Annie in pics, later found in the A's garbage by the Websleuther who dug through their trash one day.  And possibly, a reference to ecstasy tablets.  Are there more?

Okay, that's enough for now.  Sorry this was so long; mods please edit or delete at will, I won't be offended.

My compliments to all of you friendly, smart, and wonderful monkeys.

Excellents points.

I believe the Shamrock's pertain to a bar in Orlando and that is where the hat's came from.  Not all the shamrocks but the hats for sure.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1245 on: December 26, 2008, 10:44:02 PM »

Evening monkeys

I'm still about 6 pages behind but I wanted to comment before I forgot lol

Although I love all of the images of KC getting her just desserts in prison for years and years to come, it's HIGHLY unlikely that the other female prisoners will ever be able to deliver them themselves. She will be in protective custody most likely for her ENTIRE sentence. Anytime threats have been made to prisoners, their families, OR if it is thought by the prison system there harm COULD come to the prisoner due to their crimes, they cannot be placed in general population. It is the responsibility of the prison to ensure their prisoners safety.

Also, I keep seeing this "white board" mentioned. When I think of white board, I think of a white board, you know, a dry erase board? That's what they are called, a white board. Not sure that makes anymore sense but I just thought I'd throw that out there.

Just one thought on this from me. People have suggested it was drywall. But have you seen what drywall does in the elements? A little rain, it falls apart. I think it rains almost every afternoon in the summer in Orlando. I don't think drywall would stand up in the elements more than a day or two.

But I really don't have an idea what kind of "white board" he might have been referring to, myself.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1246 on: December 26, 2008, 10:44:40 PM »

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=8150793&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

Could Lee Anthony face charges?  

Last Edited: Friday, 26 Dec 2008, 10:09 PM EST 
Created: Friday, 26 Dec 2008, 10:09 PM EST 

ORLANDO, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) --  Casey Anthony sits behind bars, charged with the murder of her daughter, Caylee Marie.  Now, the attorney representing Casey's brother, tells MyFoxOrlando.com that Lee Anthony may also face charges.

"Not because he has done anything wrong," said Thomas Luka.   As a former prosecutor, Luka said that the  State Attorney's Office could seek to charge Lee with obstruction of justice or aiding and abetting, even if was not Lee's intention to do so. 

"It's an ongoing investigation, so no one really knows where it's going to lead.  Mr. Anthony, obviously wants his civil rights protected.  Everyone involved in the case should have their rights covered when determining what the police can and can not do or should and should not expect from the witnesses involved in this case," said Luka.

Luka adds that neither Lee, nor George and Cindy Anthony, have been called as witnesses in the case, but they are preparing for just such a scenario.

For months, Lee Anthony has been conducting his own investigation into the disappearance of Caylee, looking into leads for other suspects, Luka told MyFoxOrlando.com.   

Luka contends that Lee has cooperated with detectives, even handing over a DNA sample.  Luka describes his role an advisor to Lee, in determining what he should and should not say to investigators.

"For that reason,  he feels at this point, now that the police are focusing completely on Casey, he wants to make sure that his own civil rights are protected," said Luka.

Who pays for Casey's defense and who profits?

As the defense team for Caylee has grown, questions have been raised as to if and how a team of high-profile forensic experts are being paid for their contributions. 

The kind of defense assembled by Casey Anthony's attorney, Jose Baez, typically would not come cheap.   While it is unknown whether any of the experts are being paid, what is known, is that if Casey is convicted of first degree murder, it is unlikely her legal team will be raking-in the dough.

That would put to rest any rumors of a book or movie deal that could be in the works.

So far, attorneys for the defense include, in addition to Baez: Linda Kenny-Baden, famed attorney for record producer Phil Spector, Jose Luis Garcia, Jonathen Casen and Mike Walsh.   If the prosecution should seek the death penalty, Terance Lenamon could join the defense.   There are also several scientific experts working the case for the defense.

"Are you going to do what is best in Ms. Anthony's interest, or what's going to get you on TV the most?" asked criminal defense attorney Richard Hornsby, citing one of the many questions posed to Baez by people who have been closely following the case.

Under Florida law, Baez would not be able to tell, or sell, his story for profit if his client is convicted, based on attorney-client privileges.

"If Ms. Anthony is convicted of anything, Mr. Baez and anybody who has worked on his defense, will never be able to publicly speak about either what she said, what she talked about or how their defense was prepared.  If they did, they could be sued," added Hornsby.

If Casey is acquitted of charges, and she were to grant permission to Baez, then, and only then, could he make money from the case. 

Hornsby said any money-making deal is not due-diligence for Casey.  "Unless their people are truly doing this pro bono, there is probably some questionable things that have gone on regarding compensation," said Hornsby.

It is important to note that at the time of this publication, there had been no formal complaints filed against Baez about how he and his defense team was getting paid in their representation of Casey Anthony. 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1247 on: December 26, 2008, 10:45:30 PM »

MuffyBee, My computer was down a couple of months. Could you give me a link to find all the documents? TIA

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=3438.msg478227#msg478227  Documents thread.

Also, if you go to this page, you will find the threads for transcripts, media, etc.:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?board=39.0

If you go to this link and scroll down most of the documents are there:

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=7130516&version=113&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1248 on: December 26, 2008, 10:50:42 PM »

Interesting article you posted, Klaas.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=8150793&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

Besides the legalities of the defense being able to profit from the case whether they win or lose, what stood out to me was this:

"Luka contends that Lee has cooperated with detectives, even handing over a DNA sample.  Luka describes his role an advisor to Lee, in determining what he should and should not say to investigators."

That is so misleading, isn't it? He had to be forced by law to, AFAIK.

hmmm.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1249 on: December 26, 2008, 10:51:09 PM »

Evening monkeys

Although I love all of the images of KC getting her just desserts in prison for years and years to come, it's HIGHLY unlikely that the other female prisoners will ever be able to deliver them themselves. She will be in protective custody most likely for her ENTIRE sentence. Anytime threats have been made to prisoners, their families, OR if it is thought by the prison system there harm COULD come to the prisoner due to their crimes, they cannot be placed in general population. It is the responsibility of the prison to ensure their prisoners safety.

Also, I keep seeing this "white board" mentioned. When I think of white board, I think of a white board, you know, a dry erase board? That's what they are called, a white board. Not sure that makes anymore sense but I just thought I'd throw that out there.

Hi Blessed.. That is an adorable lil one in your avatar!  So many precious avatars in here!  Smile 

I just want to say that yes, I agree that's how the system is set up, to protect those in prison who need that protection, in the real world inside a prison, that doesn't always happen.  Even for those who are in protective custody, there have been times when the guard who accompanies the inmate from one area to another has (on purpose or not) looked away, coughed, stopped to tie their shoe, dropped their keys, etc., but not been fully alert and another inmate or more have used the moment to their advantage.  It's a reality.   

I personally know of one incident where one inmate who wanted to apply some 'prison justice' was told ahead of time by the guards to go ahead at an agreed upon moment and just out of range of the cameras, but quit just short of drawing blood.  Guard turned his head, prison justice was had.  The inmate who did this went happily off to 'the hole', (solitary confinement) for awhile, as punishment for doing that to the other inmate.  He was a hero in the eyes of inmates and sev. guards who wanted to exact revenge but couldn't.  It's a reality. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1250 on: December 26, 2008, 10:57:52 PM »

Hi everybody

Been here for a loooong time again as usual, reading-reading-reading to try and catch up.  I hate to post before reading everything, as I don't want to reply to something that's been answered, or bring up a topic that has already been discussed and put to bed.

That's why I haven't been posting much since becoming a monkey.

I use up all my compy time catching up (and wow, those super-long and complicated quote stacks sure do slow things down for me, just sayin') -- and end up having to make a "hit and run" post like this one, and get back to real life.

Sorry if that seems unsociable or rude.  I love SM and all the monkeys here.  I read what everyone says, and follow the friendships and spats... Take in the comments, am amazed at the awesome work some people come up with... just really enjoy being here, but don't have the confidence to just pop on and join in without getting caught up first... then catching up takes too long and there's no time to join in... Catch 22 for me; hope I'll figure out a better way one of these days.

So here's what I wanted to add, sorry it is so long:

Drywall from the garage  --  Well, in one of Cindy's LE or FBI interviews, she discusses the items she removed from the car and then left piled up in the garage (next to the washer IIRC)... maybe they were looking for evidence from items that may have made contact with the wall there, that is IF it is true that LE even took a piece of drywall.....

The movie "Untraceable"  --  This movie contains many, many parallels to Caylee's story.  Here are just a few:

• Decaying body in trunk of car abandoned deliberately for someone to find.
  • Young single woman working long hours while her mother cares for her daughter.
  • Grandmother disapproves of apparent neglect of g-daughter by daughter.
  • Child's father is deceased and the film never shows him in picture or flashback.
  • The twisted killer's motive is resentment, bitterness, revenge.
  • The case garners national and international media attention.
  • The young mother and her family are in danger, but she can't tell them why.
  • She flees alone to a hotel for safety on the night after the killer targets her home.
  • The killer makes phone calls that can't be traced, using a "spoof" card.
  • One of the victims is tripped up through his activity on an online dating site.
  • As others have pointed out, the killer binds two of the victims around the mouth with duct tape.

The use of duct tape   --  I stated this before last week.  It may be important:  Duct tape does NOT silence the victim.  It keeps the victim from forming words and speaking.  But duct tape does not prevent the victim from making sounds, even loud sounds, such as screaming.  IF it is true that Caylee's mouth/head were bound in duct tape, this may be symbolic of "shutting her up" and/or may have been done to stage the scene as a kidnapping.  It is IMO highly likely that duct tape, if used, was placed on Caylee after she was unconscious or deceased.  Also, we have no word on whether her hands and/or feet were bound, either.

The movie "Jumper" --  There are a lot of connections in this movie, too, but one stands out:  The phrase,

"With (great?) power comes great consequence"

which Casey wrote as part of her famous "diary of days" myspace post (written 7/2 or 7/5, posted 7/7), was originally a tagline for the movie "Jumper."  Because of its similarity to a Spiderman line, "With great power comes great responsibility" (or something like that), the studio later changed the Jumper tagline to "Everywhere is possible."

Shamrocks possibly important?  --  Okay, here are some shamrock connections.  Who can say whether they mean anything?

Casey's shamrock tattoo.  Tattoos of shamrocks on many of her friends.  The infamous shamrock lanyard that Cindy claims disappeared from Casey's things on 7/15.  The shamrock charm on a necklace worn by Casey (and which L Padilla thought he found in the Econ river in Blanchard Park).  The shamrock sticker on Casey's car (rear window?).  The shamrocks as part of the decor in pics taken at the "Lake Vaj" house.  The "show your shamrocks" cap worn by Casey's friend Annie in pics, later found in the A's garbage by the Websleuther who dug through their trash one day.  And possibly, a reference to ecstasy tablets.  Are there more?

Okay, that's enough for now.  Sorry this was so long; mods please edit or delete at will, I won't be offended.

My compliments to all of you friendly, smart, and wonderful monkeys.

I had no idea about all the connections with the movie.  She must have ice water in her veins to have watched that, probably after what she had done.  I posted a couple of weeks ago how I was bothered by the shamrock thing.  Not only do lots of the friends have the shamrock symbols, there are references among the friends about the Irish Mafia.  I don't really know much except that there is a g*** with that name that operates in FL.  Also, the pages to those kids have a lot of very dark images and stuff that I find pretty disturbing.  I have kids these ages and they are not into that stuff.

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1251 on: December 26, 2008, 10:58:43 PM »

Could Lee Anthony face charges?  

Last Edited: Friday, 26 Dec 2008, 10:09 PM EST 
Created: Friday, 26 Dec 2008, 10:09 PM EST 

ORLANDO, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) --  Casey Anthony sits behind bars, charged with the murder of her daughter, Caylee Marie.  Now, the attorney representing Casey's brother, tells MyFoxOrlando.com that Lee Anthony may also face charges.

"Not because he has done anything wrong," said Thomas Luka.   As a former prosecutor, Luka said that the  State Attorney's Office could seek to charge Lee with obstruction of justice or aiding and abetting, even if was not Lee's intention to do so. 

"It's an ongoing investigation, so no one really knows where it's going to lead.  Mr. Anthony, obviously wants his civil rights protected.  Everyone involved in the case should have their rights covered when determining what the police can and can not do or should and should not expect from the witnesses involved in this case," said Luka.

Luka adds that neither Lee, nor George and Cindy Anthony, have been called as witnesses in the case, but they are preparing for just such a scenario.

For months, Lee Anthony has been conducting his own investigation into the disappearance of Caylee, looking into leads for other suspects, Luka told MyFoxOrlando.com.   

Luka contends that Lee has cooperated with detectives, even handing over a DNA sample.  Luka describes his role an advisor to Lee, in determining what he should and should not say to investigators.

"For that reason,  he feels at this point, now that the police are focusing completely on Casey, he wants to make sure that his own civil rights are protected," said Luka.

Who pays for Casey's defense and who profits?

As the defense team for Caylee has grown, questions have been raised as to if and how a team of high-profile forensic experts are being paid for their contributions. 

The kind of defense assembled by Casey Anthony's attorney, Jose Baez, typically would not come cheap.   While it is unknown whether any of the experts are being paid, what is known, is that if Casey is convicted of first degree murder, it is unlikely her legal team will be raking-in the dough.

That would put to rest any rumors of a book or movie deal that could be in the works.

So far, attorneys for the defense include, in addition to Baez: Linda Kenny-Baden, famed attorney for record producer Phil Spector, Jose Luis Garcia, Jonathen Casen and Mike Walsh.   If the prosecution should seek the death penalty, Terance Lenamon could join the defense.   There are also several scientific experts working the case for the defense.

"Are you going to do what is best in Ms. Anthony's interest, or what's going to get you on TV the most?" asked criminal defense attorney Richard Hornsby, citing one of the many questions posed to Baez by people who have been closely following the case.

Under Florida law, Baez would not be able to tell, or sell, his story for profit if his client is convicted, based on attorney-client privileges.

"If Ms. Anthony is convicted of anything, Mr. Baez and anybody who has worked on his defense, will never be able to publicly speak about either what she said, what she talked about or how their defense was prepared.  If they did, they could be sued," added Hornsby.

If Casey is acquitted of charges, and she were to grant permission to Baez, then, and only then, could he make money from the case. 

Hornsby said any money-making deal is not due-diligence for Casey.  "Unless their people are truly doing this pro bono, there is probably some questionable things that have gone on regarding compensation," said Hornsby.

It is important to note that at the time of this publication, there had been no formal complaints filed against Baez about how he and his defense team was getting paid in their representation of Casey Anthony. 

Maybe Lee assisted his sister in the disposal of his niece's body.  Maybe Lee's fingerprints are on the duct tape wrapped around the Caylee Marie's skull or ... the duct tape used to tie the bag.

Lee refused a lie detector test and ... did not willingly give his fingerprint or DNA to authorities.

Janet

Medical Examiner Says Caylee Anthony Was Murdered
Friday, December 19, 2008 – updated: 6:50 pm EST December 19, 2008

Forensic investigators continue to look for clues and more remains in the woods. They will closely look at the plastic bag where the child remains were found to see if there are any fingerprints, hair or DNA evidence from Casey.

Investigators will closely look at the plastic bag where the child remains were found Thursday to see if there are any fingerprints, hair or DNA evidence from Casey. They are also looking for any clues on the duct tape that was found wrapped around the child's remains. Detectives have taken fingerprints from Cindy, George and Lee Anthony to try to rule out their involvement.

http://www.wftv.com/news/18297326/detail.html

NANCY GRACE
Anthony Grandparents Reportedly Seeking Immunity
Aired December 16, 2008 - 20:00:00   ET

GRACE: In a nutshell, Paul Batista, we understand that while the grand parents George and Cindy submitted to fingerprinting, that brother Lee wouldn`t. He only gave in when issued a subpoena. Explain.

PAUL BATISTA, DEFENSE ATTORNEY, AUTHOR OF "DEATH`S WITNESS": Well, the government has the right to fingerprints and hair samples and DNA. And you can voluntarily turn it over, Nancy, or it can be compelled through a subpoena, and apparently the brother waited for that to happen.

GRACE: And my question, I`ll repeat it to Holly Hughes, why? Why not? If you are willing to cooperate and you want to help find your niece, why do you insist on a subpoena?

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0812/16/ng.01.html

Casey Anthony's Father To Testify Against Her In Front Of Grand Jury
POSTED: 5:56 pm EDT October 9, 2008
UPDATED: 6:29 pm EDT October 9, 2008

George and Cindy Anthony voluntarily gave up DNA samples this week so investigators could scientifically exclude either of them as the source of the hair and stain in Casey's trunk, but investigators had to get a search warrant to get Casey's brother Lee to submit to a DNA test. He also has refused to take a lie detector test for the FBI.

http://www.wftv.com/news/17680298/detail.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #1252 on: December 26, 2008, 11:01:00 PM »

Good night monkeys!

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1253 on: December 26, 2008, 11:02:26 PM »

Good night monkeys!

Good night, Boo!

Sleep well!

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1254 on: December 26, 2008, 11:04:26 PM »

Evening monkeys

Hi Blessed.. That is an adorable lil one in your avatar!  So many precious avatars in here!  Smile 

I just want to say that yes, I agree that's how the system is set up, to protect those in prison who need that protection, in the real world inside a prison, that doesn't always happen.  Even for those who are in protective custody, there have been times when the guard who accompanies the inmate from one area to another has (on purpose or not) looked away, coughed, stopped to tie their shoe, dropped their keys, etc., but not been fully alert and another inmate or more have used the moment to their advantage.  It's a reality.   

I personally know of one incident where one inmate who wanted to apply some 'prison justice' was told ahead of time by the guards to go ahead at an agreed upon moment and just out of range of the cameras, but quit just short of drawing blood.  Guard turned his head, prison justice was had.  The inmate who did this went happily off to 'the hole', (solitary confinement) for awhile, as punishment for doing that to the other inmate.  He was a hero in the eyes of inmates and sev. guards who wanted to exact revenge but couldn't.  It's a reality. 

ITA~I can think of 3 cases off the top of my head (2 were in protective custody, the third I'd have to look up) 1. Jeffrey Dahmer, 2. Priest John Geoghan (sp) 3.) A man who killed 2 wives, one in Oregon IIRC and one in Maine, he pushed them both off cliffs and the prsion found his body pushed off the yard/cliff overlooking the fields below-this is poetic justice as the inmates had duct taped his mouth and wrote GERONIMO over the duct tape.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1255 on: December 26, 2008, 11:07:23 PM »

Good night monkeys. I am about to go to bed. If it isnt too off topic please pray for my friend Michael. He had to put is fur baby down and is not doing well. TIA JSM

Klaas, Muffy, Nut and all Mods I haven't mentioned. I PROMISE in 2009 no off topic stuff from Joesamas Mama! MONKEY PROMISE! 

Goodnight JSM...and I can't promise in 2009 I will post no off topic. 

My New Year's Resolutions are the same as last year and ... the year before.

1.  No more off topic.
2.  No more striving to be afforded that edit icon.
3.  Be more compromising.
4.  Refrain from posting quotes.
5.  Two hour daily limit on the SM Site.
6.  Be nice to trolls.
7.  Never bother Klaas or mods to edit my typos.
8.  Encourage to Dana to invite Steve Cohen and Joe Tacopina back to his show.

Janet

9. Be nicer to Mytime!!!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1256 on: December 26, 2008, 11:07:48 PM »

O/T

I have created a new forum at SM called FASHION.  Please feel free to start new topics in the FASHION forum.  I know we have several very talented members that have an interest in fashion design and trends.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?board=43.0
flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1257 on: December 26, 2008, 11:08:32 PM »

Goodnight Boo!!

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1258 on: December 26, 2008, 11:08:59 PM »

Good night monkeys. I am about to go to bed. If it isnt too off topic please pray for my friend Michael. He had to put is fur baby down and is not doing well. TIA JSM

Klaas, Muffy, Nut and all Mods I haven't mentioned. I PROMISE in 2009 no off topic stuff from Joesamas Mama! MONKEY PROMISE! 

Goodnight JSM...and I can't promise in 2009 I will post no off topic. 

My New Year's Resolutions are the same as last year and ... the year before.

1.  No more off topic.
2.  No more striving to be afforded that edit icon.
3.  Be more compromising.
4.  Refrain from posting quotes.
5.  Two hour daily limit on the SM Site.
6.  Be nice to trolls.
7.  Never bother Klaas or mods to edit my typos.
8.  Encourage to Dana to invite Steve Cohen and Joe Tacopina back to his show.

Janet

9. Be nicer to Mytime!!!

BIG HUG!!

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1259 on: December 26, 2008, 11:11:13 PM »

Hi mytime!

Nice to see you tonight. By the way, you have an answer to your email awaiting you.

Klaas, I also sent you some email a few hours ago.

Sorry for the O/T.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.