April 20, 2024, 04:10:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, FL Missing since June 16-just reported by mother #81  (Read 340500 times)
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #1280 on: December 26, 2008, 11:42:26 PM »

That's so unfair IMO because so many people are saying it's Cindy's fault because she DIDn't make Casey take responsibility more. Sooner or later it had to happen that Cindy would demand that Casey grow up. She could not have known that Casey would take that out on Caylee to such an extent. She maybe envisioned a few days of angry sulking, maybe no ice cream for Caylee for a day or two. Or maybe an angry Casey driving around town complaining about her to everyone she'd ever met, but still treating Caylee like a Princess, or at worst leaving Caylee with the Grunds or with a sitter.

Nobody ever imagines their child could possibly hurt their grandchild. And IMO even these people who follow this case, and say to their kids "I would never cover for you if you did something like this," really are talking out of their hats. They don't know what they would do if it happened to them. You really can't know. We know what we HOPE we'd do, but that's it. Emotions are strange things and make people do things they don't think they'd do.

Really Fuzzball? You would cover for your child if they killed your grandchild? What would that accomplish except to get the point across to them that whatever they do you will support them, no matter how horrendous it is? And what about your grandchild? You good with them not being recovered for the sake of your own child? I am one of those who is "talking out of their hats" b/c I have said that, even as recent as yesterday to their faces, while discussing this case!! You as a parent are responsible to teaching your child right from wrong and there are always consequences to be paid when you choose wrong. If this is not done, our society goes out the window as we know it. There comes a time when your child is now an adult and your work is over and you pray for the best. When you work your ass off to build a solid foundation for the kids, you can be pretty confident that they will turn out OK, despite set backs. While I agree this is not ALL Cindy's fault, she had set the standard of KC not taking any responsibility for her actions and continued this charade despite the facts. She has been a nasty human being to those who wanted to help, namely TES.   

Very well said, Boo!

We don't disagree that it's important to teach children responsibility, nor do we disagree that Cindy should have taught Casey more responsibility.

What I disagree with is the idea that this is ALL Cindy's fault. It isn't. Lots of people are rotten parents and their kids don't kill anybody. For all we know, if we'd asked Cindy before the murder, she'd also have said she would NEVER cover for Casey, that her love for her grandchild would never allow her to do what she has done. I'm sure she never pictured herself doing it. But what we think we'll do, and what we actually end up doing, aren't always the same.

I have no idea what you'd do, nor do I feel comfortable trying to predict. Because I don't know what I would do.

I don't have kids. I don't know what I'd do if I did. I certainly don't know what I'd do if I had a child who killed my grandchild, since I've never been brave enough to risk having either. Like Wyks I survived a fair amount of abuse and hate the idea of passing that on, and so I never took the risk.

Like I said, we know what we HOPE we'd do. And IMO you should tell your kids you wouldn't stand for it, wouldn't cover for them, etc....but even if you have said that, you don't know until you're actually there, what is really going to happen.  And that's all I have to say about that.
I'm very sorry you were abused and don't want to pass that on. I can't say I was ever abused by my mom, but I have a VERY headstrong mom just like Cindy. So I do know what I am talking about in that sense. My mom would have made sure I had a job so much that she would take me there every day after she left my baby off with the babysitter. She would have always made sure my baby was protected more so than her own child. My mom wouldn't have tried the Oprah approach, the sweety take care of Caylee, you need to do better, blaise BS. My mom would have yanked my arse up, told me be a mom or else. Sorry again for my rant Fuzzball. No hard feelings.

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1281 on: December 26, 2008, 11:44:05 PM »

Look at me - Brandi made me so beautiful!  Eat you heart out MS Janet!!  Duckie will be following me everywhere now.

Thank you Brandi!  You are so truly creative!! 

... but I am sooo cute.  Just look at me.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1282 on: December 26, 2008, 11:46:17 PM »

Mytime- you are funny. 

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1283 on: December 26, 2008, 11:48:50 PM »

Reminder:

1.  Try to limit off topic in the missing person's threads.  If you wish to chit chat go to the musings thread.

2. Please don't create and post avatars for members in the missing person's theads.  Go to either musing or start a thread in the monkey lounge.

3.  Please be kind to fellow posters.

CBB, I LEFT A REQUEST FOR YOU IN THE AVATAR THREAD.  THANKS.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1284 on: December 26, 2008, 11:53:18 PM »

Do my eyes deceive me?  I see you up there!! 
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1285 on: December 26, 2008, 11:53:26 PM »

Hi everybody

Been here for a loooong time again as usual, reading-reading-reading to try and catch up.  I hate to post before reading everything, as I don't want to reply to something that's been answered, or bring up a topic that has already been discussed and put to bed.

That's why I haven't been posting much since becoming a monkey.

I use up all my compy time catching up (and wow, those super-long and complicated quote stacks sure do slow things down for me, just sayin') -- and end up having to make a "hit and run" post like this one, and get back to real life.

Sorry if that seems unsociable or rude.  I love SM and all the monkeys here.  I read what everyone says, and follow the friendships and spats... Take in the comments, am amazed at the awesome work some people come up with... just really enjoy being here, but don't have the confidence to just pop on and join in without getting caught up first... then catching up takes too long and there's no time to join in... Catch 22 for me; hope I'll figure out a better way one of these days.

So here's what I wanted to add, sorry it is so long:

Drywall from the garage  --  Well, in one of Cindy's LE or FBI interviews, she discusses the items she removed from the car and then left piled up in the garage (next to the washer IIRC)... maybe they were looking for evidence from items that may have made contact with the wall there, that is IF it is true that LE even took a piece of drywall.....

The movie "Untraceable"  --  This movie contains many, many parallels to Caylee's story.  Here are just a few:

• Decaying body in trunk of car abandoned deliberately for someone to find.
  • Young single woman working long hours while her mother cares for her daughter.
  • Grandmother disapproves of apparent neglect of g-daughter by daughter.
  • Child's father is deceased and the film never shows him in picture or flashback.
  • The twisted killer's motive is resentment, bitterness, revenge.
  • The case garners national and international media attention.
  • The young mother and her family are in danger, but she can't tell them why.
  • She flees alone to a hotel for safety on the night after the killer targets her home.
  • The killer makes phone calls that can't be traced, using a "spoof" card.
  • One of the victims is tripped up through his activity on an online dating site.
  • As others have pointed out, the killer binds two of the victims around the mouth with duct tape.

The use of duct tape   --  I stated this before last week.  It may be important:  Duct tape does NOT silence the victim.  It keeps the victim from forming words and speaking.  But duct tape does not prevent the victim from making sounds, even loud sounds, such as screaming.  IF it is true that Caylee's mouth/head were bound in duct tape, this may be symbolic of "shutting her up" and/or may have been done to stage the scene as a kidnapping.  It is IMO highly likely that duct tape, if used, was placed on Caylee after she was unconscious or deceased.  Also, we have no word on whether her hands and/or feet were bound, either.

The movie "Jumper" --  There are a lot of connections in this movie, too, but one stands out:  The phrase,

"With (great?) power comes great consequence"

which Casey wrote as part of her famous "diary of days" myspace post (written 7/2 or 7/5, posted 7/7), was originally a tagline for the movie "Jumper."  Because of its similarity to a Spiderman line, "With great power comes great responsibility" (or something like that), the studio later changed the Jumper tagline to "Everywhere is possible."

Shamrocks possibly important?  --  Okay, here are some shamrock connections.  Who can say whether they mean anything?

Casey's shamrock tattoo.  Tattoos of shamrocks on many of her friends.  The infamous shamrock lanyard that Cindy claims disappeared from Casey's things on 7/15.  The shamrock charm on a necklace worn by Casey (and which L Padilla thought he found in the Econ river in Blanchard Park).  The shamrock sticker on Casey's car (rear window?).  The shamrocks as part of the decor in pics taken at the "Lake Vaj" house.  The "show your shamrocks" cap worn by Casey's friend Annie in pics, later found in the A's garbage by the Websleuther who dug through their trash one day.  And possibly, a reference to ecstasy tablets.  Are there more?

Okay, that's enough for now.  Sorry this was so long; mods please edit or delete at will, I won't be offended.

My compliments to all of you friendly, smart, and wonderful monkeys.

Thanks Desdemona.

Is the following January, 2008 movie "UNTRACEABLE" the one which you are referring to.

Janet
________

Movie Review: Untraceable
http://blogcritics.org/archives/2008/01/28/220409.php

Untraceable Movie Trailer - Jan 25th
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jWFMaRN63A

I think Desdemona has left the cage.

Could somebody please tell me if I have the right movie.  Youngest son and DIL are on their way to Blockbusters to rent this movie at my request.  If it is not the right movie ... I will call son on his cell and ... tell him to rent of movie of his choice.

Janet
9:00 PM PT

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1286 on: December 26, 2008, 11:56:57 PM »

Look at me - Brandi made me so beautiful!  Eat you heart out MS Janet!!  Duckie will be following me everywhere now.

I would like to say I am sorry if you thought I was being unkind!!  You are so cute!!  XOXOX

I wonder what Lee's involvements is?? 
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1287 on: December 26, 2008, 11:57:00 PM »

Reminder:

1.  Try to limit off topic in the missing person's threads.  If you wish to chit chat go to the musings thread.

2. Please don't create and post avatars for members in the missing person's theads.  Go to either musing or start a thread in the monkey lounge.

3.  Please be kind to fellow posters.

Muffy I am truly sorry if I went off topic tonight. I kind of got a little miffed. I do apologize and will try not to let it happen again. I promise I will try  I don't want the big button or deodorant bar. 

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
mammy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1288 on: December 26, 2008, 11:57:24 PM »

Hi everybody

Been here for a loooong time again as usual, reading-reading-reading to try and catch up.  I hate to post before reading everything, as I don't want to reply to something that's been answered, or bring up a topic that has already been discussed and put to bed.

I use up all my compy time catching up (and wow, those super-long and complicated quote stacks sure do slow things down for me, just sayin') -- and end up having to make a "hit and run" post like this one, and get back to real life.

Sorry if that seems unsociable or rude.  I love SM and all the monkeys here.  I read what everyone says, and follow the friendships and spats... Take in the comments, am amazed at the awesome work some people come up with... just really enjoy being here, but don't have the confidence to just pop on and join in without getting caught up first... then catching up takes too long and there's no time to join in... Catch 22 for me; hope I'll figure out a better way one of these days.

Drywall from the garage  --  Well, in one of Cindy's LE or FBI interviews, she discusses the items she removed from the car and then left piled up in the garage (next to the washer IIRC)... maybe they were looking for evidence from items that may have made contact with the wall there, that is IF it is true that LE even took a piece of drywall.....

The movie "Untraceable"  --  This movie contains many, many parallels to Caylee's story.  Here are just a few:

• Young single woman working long hours while her mother cares for her daughter.
  • Child's father is deceased and the film never shows him in picture or flashback.
  • She flees alone to a hotel for safety on the night after the killer targets her home.
  • One of the victims is tripped up through his activity on an online dating site.
  • As others have pointed out, the killer binds two of the victims around the mouth with duct tape.

The use of duct tape   --  I stated this before last week.  It may be important:  Duct tape does NOT silence the victim.  It keeps the victim from forming words and speaking.  But duct tape does not prevent the victim from making sounds, even loud sounds, such as screaming.  IF it is true that Caylee's mouth/head were bound in duct tape, this may be symbolic of "shutting her up" and/or may have been done to stage the scene as a kidnapping.  It is IMO highly likely that duct tape, if used, was placed on Caylee after she was unconscious or deceased.  Also, we have no word on whether her hands and/or feet were bound, either.

The movie "Jumper" --  There are a lot of connections in this movie, too, but one stands out:  The phrase,

which Casey wrote as part of her famous "diary of days" myspace post (written 7/2 or 7/5, posted 7/7), was originally a tagline for the movie "Jumper."  Because of its similarity to a Spiderman line, "With great power comes great responsibility" (or something like that), the studio later changed the Jumper tagline to "Everywhere is possible."

Shamrocks possibly important?  --  Okay, here are some shamrock connections.  Who can say whether they mean anything?

Casey's shamrock tattoo.  Tattoos of shamrocks on many of her friends.  The infamous shamrock lanyard that Cindy claims disappeared from Casey's things on 7/15.  The shamrock charm on a necklace worn by Casey (and which L Padilla thought he found in the Econ river in Blanchard Park).  The shamrock sticker on Casey's car (rear window?).  The shamrocks as part of the decor in pics taken at the "Lake Vaj" house.  The "show your shamrocks" cap worn by Casey's friend Annie in pics, later found in the A's garbage by the Websleuther who dug through their trash one day.  And possibly, a reference to ecstasy tablets.  Are there more?

Okay, that's enough for now.  Sorry this was so long; mods please edit or delete at will, I won't be offended.

Thanks Desdemona.

Is the following January, 2008 movie "UNTRACEABLE" the one which you are referring to.

Janet
________

Could somebody please tell me if I have the right movie.  Youngest son and DIL are on their way to Blockbusters to rent this movie at my request.  If it is not the right movie ... I will call son on his cell and ... tell him to rent of movie of his choice.

Janet

Untraceable is the movie.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1289 on: December 26, 2008, 11:58:47 PM »

Hi everybody

Thanks Desdemona.

Janet
________

Janet

I am concerned because the plot of the movie does not seem to relate to the Casey Anthony case.

Janet

_____

mammy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1290 on: December 26, 2008, 11:59:21 PM »

I would like to say I am sorry if you thought I was being unkind!!  You are so cute!!  XOXOX

Duckie may run away with you, with looks like that mt!

I'm sure Lee has done something or he would have willingly gave his dna.
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1291 on: December 27, 2008, 12:00:35 AM »

Janet, I will be looking for your thoughts on the movie. Going to watch TV now. Good night you all.

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1292 on: December 27, 2008, 12:00:39 AM »

Hi everybody

Thanks Desdemona.

Janet
________

Janet

I am concerned because the plot of the movie does not seem to relate to the Casey Anthony case.

Janet
Janet, it does. boo watched it today. Duct tape around a person's head in a trunk. It relates.

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1293 on: December 27, 2008, 12:05:12 AM »

Janet, I will be looking for your thoughts on the movie. Going to watch TV now. Good night you all.

Good night Shell!  God Bless little Caylee!!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1294 on: December 27, 2008, 12:07:33 AM »

Janet

Janet, it does. boo watched it today. Duct tape around a person's head in a trunk. It relates.

Whew!!!  I thought maybe I requested son and DIL to pick up the the wrong movie.

Well ... kettle is on for tea and ... left over Christmas goodies and muchies set out on the coffee table.  Just waiting for those two to get back here with that movie.

I will give my take tomorrow.

GOOD NIGHT MONKEYS!!!  GOOD NIGHT ZOOKEEPERS!!!

Janet
9:05 PM PT

_____

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1295 on: December 27, 2008, 12:08:17 AM »

Good night monkeys. I am about to go to bed. If it isnt too off topic please pray for my friend Michael. He had to put is fur baby down and is not doing well. TIA JSM

Klaas, Muffy, Nut and all Mods I haven't mentioned. I PROMISE in 2009 no off topic stuff from Joesamas Mama! MONKEY PROMISE! 
Goodnight, and I will say a prayer, my friend had to put her pup down last week, very sad.
Thanks No Rose Hugs to your friend

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1296 on: December 27, 2008, 12:08:34 AM »

Duckie may run away with you, with looks like that mt!

I'm sure Lee has done something or he would have willingly gave his dna.

_____

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1297 on: December 27, 2008, 12:08:48 AM »

Janet

Whew!!!  I thought maybe I requested son and DIL to pick up the the wrong movie.

Well ... kettle is on for tea and ... left over Christmas goodies and muchies set out on the coffee table.  Just waiting for those two to get back here with that movie.

Janet

Good night Janet!  XOX
mammy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1298 on: December 27, 2008, 12:08:50 AM »

Janet

Janet

Goodnight Janet!  I can't wait to hear about the movie.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1299 on: December 27, 2008, 12:08:57 AM »

Good night Janet

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.