March 28, 2024, 06:59:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, FL Missing since June 16-just reported by mother #81  (Read 337879 times)
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #580 on: December 25, 2008, 06:50:21 AM »

Hugs back to you, sweetie!!!

Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah all you Spunky Monkeys!!!

I was saving this for you in case you showed up little bear...I hope you are having a wonderful Christmas with your nephew !!!

Wow Sea this is beautiful!

Merry Christmas Monkeys!!!!!

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #581 on: December 25, 2008, 06:56:03 AM »

p.s. are there any monkeys from up north that can tell me how to cook lobster tail-i don't boil lobsters-did it once-can't stand it-but i have had it baked & want to fix it for my hubby for new years eve-wanted to have a great last meal before we move-also any EASY seafood recipes to go with it-like crab cakes or calamari ??? or should i just order that  clam dig from maine???? if anyone can let me know, it would be wonderful-he loves seafood & i want to make it special. TIA

I'm almost positive that you have to boil them first before you can cook them any other way.. I suppose you could just let them sit in a box until they died but that might ruin the taste..the other thing would be to buy them pre cooked..my mother does that with shrimp and they taste good.
Nothing beats a fresh..boiled lobster for taste tho..

i know the lobsters are supposed to not feel pain but i've done it a couple of times & it's horrible. for me even if not for them. they will steam them at the store or we can get them cooked when we go out but i was hoping i could buy some lobster tails & learn how to cook them so i can suprise my husband on new years eve. i know lobsters are not supposed to feel pain but they are ALIVE when they are boiled. so i can't do that, i was just wondering is there a way of baking some tails or if anyone from up north has any ideas for a great SIMPLE seafood dinner, i would greatly appreciate it. we are in the south tn, right now, soon back to ms., so i would like to suprise him on our last holiday (new years) before we move. we can buy fish & stuff but he would really be suprised if i came up with something with lobster, crab, calamari, clams,(gross)-i'm simple, he's i guess ummmm not. i really want to make this special-(i'm sad-kinda-goin to be close to neice) anyway sorry to keep bothering everyone, but if you want to email me, klaas or anyone can give you my email. we do have a fresh market that has fresh seafood everyday, so i can get most ingredients. (i think) BUT, like i said, i'm not a good cook so anything you monkeys can do, please let me know. but please, don't worry about it til after ya'lls christmas. love & hugs to all. wendi

Wendi you are such a sweetie for doing this for your husband. Here's something that might help. If you are buying Lobster tails, they are'nt feeling any pain, they lost their heads a while ago! That "screaming" that you hear is just the water whistling through the shell, they don't make any sounds themselves. It's always best if you keep whole lobster in the fridge for a few hours to anesthetize them.  OK I sound kinda mean this morning, but I'm not! I love lobster with all my heart and fork and a little thingy of butter!

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
Mary
Scared Monkey

« Reply #582 on: December 25, 2008, 07:51:58 AM »

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL MONKEYS
I just returned from the dominican yesterday morning. We had to circle the airport for nearly 2 hrs before we could land, scary isn't the word for it. The trip to me was
a nitemare, my daughter spent the whole time on the beach drinking, she had very few meals with the rest of the family (6) in all. If we said anything at all to her it
would wind up in a confrontation, so that was useless. I was terrified she would miss
the flight home. I have tried to talk to her and it does no good. She needs help and
is in denial, I'm at my wits end and think I will just stay home to-day. I've thought about phoning A.A. but she would have to accept that and I don't think she would,
I guess I will phone them anyway and see what they say.
Well enough of my whining.
I hope every one has a wonderful Xmas and a great N.Y.'s and god bless all.
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #583 on: December 25, 2008, 08:08:45 AM »

I just returned from the dominican yesterday morning. We had to circle the airport for nearly 2 hrs before we could land, scary isn't the word for it. The trip to me was
a nitemare, my daughter spent the whole time on the beach drinking, she had very few meals with the rest of the family (6) in all. If we said anything at all to her it
would wind up in a confrontation, so that was useless. I was terrified she would miss
the flight home. I have tried to talk to her and it does no good. She needs help and
is in denial, I'm at my wits end and think I will just stay home to-day. I've thought about phoning A.A. but she would have to accept that and I don't think she would,

Mary - I may have some insight into this problem as a member of AA. I think you should call AlAnon - they are going to be able to help you know that you can do nothing to help her until she is beaten down to willingness. If you want to talk let me know  or email me at cindygillie@yahoo.com. Merry Xmas to all!

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #584 on: December 25, 2008, 08:14:25 AM »

I am so sorry, Monkey-sister.  My prayers go out for you and my heart goes out to you.

((((((((Mary))))))))

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #585 on: December 25, 2008, 08:15:38 AM »

Mary - I may have some insight into this problem as a member of AA. I think you should call AlAnon - they are going to be able to help you know that you can do nothing to help her until she is beaten down to willingness. If you want to talk let me know  or email me at cindygillie@yahoo.com. Merry Xmas to all!

Thanks, Cindy!  Merry Christmas!!!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #586 on: December 25, 2008, 08:17:35 AM »

May God bless you both, Mary for saying what you are feeling out loud and Boyz for being there when she needed you.

PookyBear
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #587 on: December 25, 2008, 09:05:17 AM »

Mary -- I am so sorry you are hurting -- I have a cousin who I am close to but there were times that was not always true.  She became an alcoholic and used drugs.  She went her own way for a while but so many of us were praying for her that I believe and she does as well that God helped her to see what she was doing to herself and to her relationships with others.  She has been drug and alcohol free for years now and has a great job.  I will pray for her with you, as I am sure other Monkeys will as well.  May God bless you and all of your family and I pray that you have a Merry Christmas.   
Garden Gnome
Scared Monkey

« Reply #588 on: December 25, 2008, 09:08:58 AM »

Mary, unfortunately, A.A. is a gift you have to want and it cannot just be given to those that need it!  I agree, AlAnon will help YOU survive.  Until you realize that you didn't cause it, you can't control it and you can't cure it, you will be in constant turmoil.  Believe it or not, some peace of mind is possible!

Every now and then soft as breath upon my skin, I feel you come back again....and I believe.
Garden Gnome
Scared Monkey

« Reply #589 on: December 25, 2008, 09:09:49 AM »

Merry Christmas to all Monkeys, everywhere, and to all Monkey Families!

Every now and then soft as breath upon my skin, I feel you come back again....and I believe.
Mary
Scared Monkey

« Reply #590 on: December 25, 2008, 09:20:05 AM »

Thank-you Boyz, I am going to talk to my 2 other children and her husband and
I will phone Alanon. Its been a while and all started when her baby died @ 2 1/2
months old. We never had her home, always at Sick Kids Hosp. I will let you know.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #591 on: December 25, 2008, 09:35:16 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys. 
I just wanted to say have a great day.I will now go mentally prepare myself for lunch with the family. 
Somebody must have prayed for me last night because I woke up and felt pretty calm this morning. 

Joesamas....Joseff looks so sweet.Digger almost turned over a 9ft. Christmas tree last night.  I opend the door to a dead squirrel on the side walk.Got out of the shower and there were dove feathers under the Christmas tree. Hubby took him hunting.  And the day is young...........
Talk to you guys this evening. 

Oh yeah,I hope Casey's socks are too tight and she chokes on her candy cane today.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
mioyshi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #592 on: December 25, 2008, 09:38:16 AM »

Good Morning All Monkeys, and Happy Holidays....

Mary,  I too will be sending healing energies for your family.  Just know, that you are not alone, there are many here who wish you well ....

I admire your concern, after all, if more women would be concerned for their own well being, and their childrens,  then maybe WE as a group would not have so many missing women to talk about....That would suit me just fine..

I may be out of line, but if you noticed her drinking being a problem after she lost her child, then maybe she is in need of counciling over that loss.  Silent pains seem the worst to me... At any rate, I hope she will be able to accept help..

SMiles for your day.....mio
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #593 on: December 25, 2008, 09:40:04 AM »

Mary,You will be in my thoughts today. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #594 on: December 25, 2008, 09:43:42 AM »

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #595 on: December 25, 2008, 09:46:25 AM »

Hey MuffyBee. Merry Christmas. 
Have a good day. BBL.

~ Peter Frampton
Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

January 8th, 1935 On this day, a King was born !

« Reply #596 on: December 25, 2008, 09:47:14 AM »

Merry Christmas Monkeys !!

Sorry I'm late...we had no power this morning 

Coffee on Deck for All !!! Kahlua may or may not be added 

I feel like Capt. Stubing...thanks for letting Santa go mytime 

We will never be able to make a woman want her child. But we as a society could make a safe haven for those children in that situation. Let not one more child die from lack of wanting... We could call it the Caylee House.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #597 on: December 25, 2008, 09:55:22 AM »

Lol Sea... I feel like bursting out in song.... LOVE WILL KEEP US TOGETHER...lmao.
Captain & Tennille
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEWU25aN67U&feature=related

Anyway....Happy Holidays to all. Be back later on today.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #598 on: December 25, 2008, 09:56:24 AM »

Merry Christmas, hope everyone can have a good day, it would be nice today if we could get rid of our problems, family issues, I know for some of us it is just another day, it can be depressing and sad. I am thankful to be able to come to this forum, it helps me more then you could imagine. I'm not good at writing down what is going through my mind right now, but I do hope people enjoy being with their loved ones, esp. the kids and their pleasure of Christmas. Mary
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #599 on: December 25, 2008, 09:56:34 AM »

OH MUFFY.....your TREE is exquisite !!! 

So is our SM Tree Klaasss!! Thanks! 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.