March 28, 2024, 01:24:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Fashion Forum  (Read 100783 times)
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #100 on: April 05, 2009, 02:54:03 PM »

JUMPSUITS ARE HOT FOR SPRING!! 
CHECK IT OUT!! http://www.ardenb.com/content.jsp?pageName=Jumpsuits

Yes jumpsuits were big in the fall and making an appearance in the spring, quite possibly the summer as well.  (They are not for everyone though...)

The 80's have influenced these latest fall and spring lines.

Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #101 on: April 06, 2009, 09:16:49 AM »

Hey Kimmy! I love Victorias Secret, their basics can't be beat & they're on sale, now!!

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/landing/?cgnbr=OSCLOZZZZZZ

And gladiators look great with shorts or capris!!
http://www2.victoriassecret.com/collection/?cgname=OSSHUGLDZZZ&cgnbr=OSSHUGLDZZZ&rfnbr=6254

I am loving that VS website.  So many cute items....So little money.(Me that is) But their pricing is very reasonable.

I love the gladiator sandles - they are really cute too.  They would look good with capris and shorts....I think they'd lengthen my legs - I do need help on that front.

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #102 on: April 07, 2009, 10:45:27 PM »

Dolce, you know I go to Pilates and Yoga.  Well, most of the girls just wear baggy t shirts and comfy pants, but there is this one girl who is there before me, she wears the most beautiful tunic tops and leggings to class.  Tonite she was wearing a pink and green paisley tunic and matching green leggings - adorable.  I WANT SOME  - but I have looked everywhere - any ideas.  (I hope I put this in the right forum)

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #103 on: April 08, 2009, 09:43:57 AM »

Dolce, you know I go to Pilates and Yoga.  Well, most of the girls just wear baggy t shirts and comfy pants, but there is this one girl who is there before me, she wears the most beautiful tunic tops and leggings to class.  Tonite she was wearing a pink and green paisley tunic and matching green leggings - adorable.  I WANT SOME  - but I have looked everywhere - any ideas.  (I hope I put this in the right forum)
I know that designers such as Tory Burch and Antik Batik have some beautifully colorful tunics within their lines, but not sure about the matching pants.
Did you ask the pretty lady where she purchased her divine outfit?  I will search and see what I can find.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #104 on: February 11, 2010, 05:47:53 PM »

Designer Alexander McQueen found dead at 40, helped inspire renaissance in British fashion

British fashion designer McQueen found dead at 40
His runway shows were often like performance pieces: One featured models with headwear made of trash. Another showed off 10-inch heels shaped like lobster claws.

At the pinnacle of his success, British fashion designer Alexander McQueen was found dead in his home Thursday, days after posting anguished online remarks about the death of his mother. He was 40.

The circumstances pointed to a possible suicide, but there was no confirmation from police or McQueen's publicists. Authorities said the death was not suspicious, apparently ruling out foul play. They did not indicate how McQueen was discovered.

The Sun tabloid cited an anonymous source on its Web site who said workers found McQueen hanging in his apartment. The newspaper gave no further details. His family issued a statement asking for privacy.

McQueen is credited with helping revive the once-moribund British fashion industry. His edgy pieces were coveted and treasured by stylish women across the globe and seen on numerous red carpets.

Vogue Editor-in-Chief Anna Wintour called McQueen "one of the greatest talents of his generation."

"He brought a uniquely British sense of daring and aesthetic fearlessness to the global stage of fashion. In such a short career, Alexander McQueen's influence was astonishing _ from street style, to music culture and the world's museums," she said in a statement. "His passing marks an insurmountable loss."

McQueen did not design for the celebrities, but they flocked to him for the sheer audacity of his creations, which were instantly recognizable for being dramatic, exquisitely tailored and oh-so sexy.

A stunning dress for Sandra Bullock? A special order for Madonna? Something special for Kate Moss or Naomi Campbell? All these feats seemed easy for the quiet, slim, bearded Englishman who shunned publicity and laughed off the limelight.

Lady Gaga recently made waves when she wore McQueen's spring 2010 lobster-claw shoes in her "Bad Romance" music video.

McQueen's mother died Feb. 2. Some fashion experts speculated that his mood may have also been clouded by pressure to top himself again next month at his catwalk show in Paris.

News of his death broke at the start of New York Fashion Week and sent shock waves through the Bryant Park tents. A presentation of McQueen's secondary label, McQ, had been scheduled for later Thursday, but it was quickly canceled.

After word of his death spread, one mourner left pink flowers at the doors of the designer's London headquarters. Mourners also gathered outside his New York store.

"He was a great, great talent who had lost someone important in his life," said Xavier Keane, who placed the flowers. "I know how he feels because I lost my mother last year."

McQueen sounded anguished and frustrated in recent postings on his Twitter page. The remarks also sounded slightly confused.

"i'm letting my followers know the my mother passed away yesterday if it she had not me nor would you RIP mumx," he wrote.

Shortly afterward, he added: "But life must go on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

On Sunday, he used an obscenity to describe his "awful week" and said he had to "some how pull myself together and finish."

Four days later, he was dead.

"If you are a genius, the pressure to be a genius is always immense," said Imogen Edwards-Jones, author of the "Fashion Babylon," a novel on the untidy underside of the industry.

McQueen helped spark a renaissance in London fashion, helping to revive it after the long-dormant period that followed the punk explosion in the 1970s.

He was also responsible for one of history's most famous "wardrobe malfunctions." He designed Janet Jackson's Super Bowl outfit, which fell open while she was singing, revealing one of her breasts.

In the usually glad-handing fashion world, McQueen was known as a private man who shunned the limelight. He turned down most interview requests and did not cultivate a cult of personality or try do develop an air of mystery about his work.

McQueen, a trim, handsome man with startling gray-blue eyes, had an easy smile, but did not linger in the camera's glare.

"In a world where every man and his dog is a designer, Alexander McQueen was the real deal," said celebrated hat maker Philip Treacy. "His talent was supersonic."

McQueen made his name first in London, then wooed audiences in Paris, New York and Milan to take his place in the upper echelons of the designing world. He was named British Fashion Designer of the Year four times, and was recognized by Queen Elizabeth II in 2003, when she made him a Commander of the British Empire for his fashion leadership.

"McQueen influenced a whole generation of designers. His brilliant imagination knew no bounds as he conjured up collection after collection of extraordinary designs," said Alexandra Shulman, the editor of British Vogue.

Hal Rubenstein, a fashion director for InStyle magazine said McQueen started out tough and angry _ in his work and attitude _ but softened over time as he felt more appreciated by the industry.

McQueen, he said, was a master of integration of technology into fashion.

"He changed the way so many of us see shows."

McQueen was known for pushing the envelope. At his spring-summer 2010 collection, he featured sculptural cocktail dresses in psychedelic snakeskin prints, with the hoof-like platform booties that were worn by Lady Gaga. The show opened with huge screens projecting close-up images of a woman writhing among a den of snakes.

The death left the future of the McQueen label in doubt.

After a founder's death, other major labels have turned to lesser-known in-house talent, as happened with Valentino; or brought in outside designers, as happened at Emanuel Ungaro; or even recruited family, as with Versace.

McQueen was the youngest of six children born to a taxi driver and a teacher. He received his early fashion training at the Central St. Martin's College of Art and Design, long recognized for its fashion-forward approach and encouragement of Britain's talented young designers.

He learned the finer points of traditional men's tailoring at two famous, conservative Savile Row houses: Anderson and Sheppard, and Gieves and Hawkes.

After his Savile Row stint, McQueen started to develop his trademark, more theatrical designs, working with several other brands before first starting his own label in 1992.

He quickly earned a reputation for innovation. The company he founded was purchased by the Gucci Group, and he retained creative control of his own brand. There were plans for stores in Paris, Milan and London, as well as Manhattan and San Francisco.

His runway shows were always a highlight during the Paris ready-to-wear fashion week.

One of his previous collections included a show built around the concept of recycling, with models donning extravagant headwear made out of trash. His last collection, shown in October in Paris, featured elaborate and highly structured cocktail dresses. Critics raved.
http://www.newser.com/article/d9dq85201/designer-alexander-mcqueen-found-dead-at-40-helped-inspire-renaissance-in-british-fashion.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #105 on: May 28, 2011, 08:49:05 AM »

http://www.oprah.com/oprahshow/American-Icon-Ralph-Lauren-and-His-Fascinating-Family_2

A RARE INTERVIEW: AMERICAN ICON RALPH LAUREN AND HIS FASCINATING FAMILY

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #106 on: May 29, 2011, 10:34:30 AM »

American Icon Ralph Lauren and His Family
The Oprah Winfrey Show  |  May 18, 2011

::snipping2::

Though Ralph had no formal training, he started designing wide, high-end ties, which were the opposite of the skinny ties in style at the time. The ties flew off shelves, and later that year, he started his own fashion company. He named it Polo.

::snipping2::

http://www.oprah.com/oprahshow/American-Icon-Ralph-Lauren-and-His-Fascinating-Family_2/2

--------------

If any Monkey wishes to go in Fashion, all you need is an idea, a sewing machine, and good timing! Smile
A business plan would be manatory to succeed. 

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #107 on: July 08, 2011, 11:17:51 AM »

http://sewing.about.com/b/2011/06/23/swimsuits-and-beaches.htm?nl=1

Swimsuits and Beaches 

Swimsuit Cover Up from a Beach Towel Free Beach Sewing Projects

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
cecilita
Monkey Junky

« Reply #108 on: July 18, 2011, 10:19:48 PM »

http://www.whitehouseblackmarket.com/store/browse/shelf.jsp?cat=New+Arrivals&catId=cat210006
I got pretty cute dresses in this store!!! love them!!!...they were on sale last week and the dresses are awesome...
cecilita
Monkey Junky

« Reply #109 on: March 25, 2012, 05:23:43 PM »

I would like to share with you tutorials of how to do your hair (waves, straight, crazy ponytails etc) can I do it in this forum?
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #110 on: March 25, 2012, 06:23:16 PM »

I would like to share with you tutorials of how to do your hair (waves, straight, crazy ponytails etc) can I do it in this forum?

This would be great!  You've got the right "forum", but perhaps you'd like to start a thread in here about hair (like you did for your daughter's room redo), and go from there?  

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cecilita
Monkey Junky

« Reply #111 on: June 30, 2012, 02:16:28 PM »

I will do it. I want to share my new look 
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #112 on: July 05, 2012, 07:54:15 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_61LXEFbHk&feature=related

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #113 on: July 05, 2012, 07:59:04 AM »

So many genius ideas to keep the hands and mind busy

How to make a pair of shorts from a towel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_61LXEFbHk&feature=related

turn your t-shirts into shorts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wcXzPAiK0Y

How to make a bra from shoulder pads.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGA6CtaFINg&feature=related

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #114 on: July 10, 2013, 10:11:06 AM »

Sewing

Google links to youtube.com sewing ideas.

http://www.google.com/#biw=1024&bih=571&sclient=psy-ab&q=how+to+make+a+sundress+without+a+pattern+youtube&oq=how+to+make+a+sundress+without+a+pattern+youtube&gs_l=hp.12...0.0.4.1391.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0...1c..19.psy-ab.q8EAQzVzC3k&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.48705608,d.dmg&fp=63b6429f97de8eb8

YouTube.com How to sew a sundress without a pattern

I love the inspiration from youtube sewing videos.

These woman have a lot of guts and super idea's, IMO!! 

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #115 on: November 29, 2013, 09:01:17 AM »

http://www.weather.com/travel/rare-vintage-beach-photos-20130501

I hope this is OK to post...very cute Smile fashionable bathers, with hats on, wading in the water 

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.