March 28, 2024, 01:54:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Fashion Forum  (Read 100785 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: December 26, 2008, 11:01:08 PM »

We have several very talented members at Scared Monkeys that have voiced a desire to discuss fashion.  I have created this forum for that purpose.

Feel free to start threads on any fashion topic you desire.   

To start a new thread click on NEW TOPIC.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2008, 11:30:29 PM »

Mod can't find new topic...rec'd a new Vera Wang purse for Christmas but it's big enough for an elephant!!!

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 09:05:51 AM »

Klaas I am loving this new forum!!  How FUN!!!

Thank you Red, Dugga, and Klaas!!!!  Now I can stay "on topic" and not get critisized!  LOL

perriwinkle
Monkey Junky Jr.

If you were a crayon, what color would you be?

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 02:45:32 PM »

Can I still wear a pair of dress heather grey gauchos, with my tall black boots?  I haven't worn them in a while but thought I might tonight to go out with my husband for sushi.  Are they totally out?  I LOVE fashion but am SICK of my same old stuff.  Just thought I'd mix it up a bit...  Thoughts?

We could learn a lot from crayons...

some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names, and all are different colors, but they all exist very nicely in the same box.
janetruth
Scared Monkey

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 02:54:23 PM »

Can I still wear a pair of dress heather grey gauchos, with my tall black boots?  I haven't worn them in a while but thought I might tonight to go out with my husband for sushi.  Are they totally out?  I LOVE fashion but am SICK of my same old stuff.  Just thought I'd mix it up a bit...  Thoughts?

Sounds elegant to me.  As long as it doesn't involve Ugg boots, leggings or your drawers hanging out of it, I'm down with it!
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2008, 02:55:03 PM »

Gaucho's are not completely out...depending on where you are.  I would not try to wear them in the freezing tundra right now..LOL
Are the boots cute? (Sorry I love boots!)
What type of top are you planning to wear with this?  I think if you added a jewel toned top to this outfit it would look hot for sure...then maybe a nice silk scarf around the waste or losely around the neck..keeping it casual chic.
Honestly, if you love it and feel sexy in the outfit, wear it!

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2008, 03:00:01 PM »

Sounds elegant to me.  As long as it doesn't involve Ugg boots, leggings or your drawers hanging out of it, I'm down with it!
I love my Uggs!  LOL
My fav comfy outfit consists of my Diesel Jeans, Jesse and the Rippers t-shirt, and my Uggs.  Lately I have had to throw on my long sweater jacket as the temps are low, but still..love my uggs.  LOL

perriwinkle
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2008, 03:12:03 PM »

Thanks everybody!

I am actually going with a new black top with some super funky jewelry.  I am wearing a tall black boot with a tall heel.  Not a spike heel, more of a squarish one but tall and thin. 

It should go really well.  The jewels will dress it up and make it funky.

Oh, and I just got a pair of brown sweater Uggs....  LOVE THEM!!!  Seriously.  I need to get a skinny jean to tuck them into but until then, I am still wearing them and feeling comfy all day.   

some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names, and all are different colors, but they all exist very nicely in the same box.
faith1109
Scared Monkey

You are loved. Don't give up!

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2008, 03:12:39 PM »

Love the new forum!  My daughter is named Madison, but she couldn't say it when she was little.  She called herself Fashion!  I am in fashion design, manufacturing etc. so I loved it and the name stuck.  People do look at me funny in public when I say "Fashion, come here!"  She's 4 now and quite the little diva.  She loves to dress up, goes nowhere without her jewelry, and changes "wardrobe" several times a day, so the name suits her!

Just FYI for those with an ipod or iphone there is a fantastic new app called style.com that lets you watch all the latest designer shows from your device!
perriwinkle
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2008, 03:14:56 PM »

I must say, I am so excited about this new forum.

OH!  Anybody found a new fragrance they like?  I hate floral and fruity.  Something a little sexy...  I don't know.  In the past I wore Abercrombe for women but I am now 31 and think it is a bit young.  I want something that makes me feel like a woman.  ???

faith1109
Scared Monkey

You are loved. Don't give up!

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2008, 03:14:59 PM »

Thanks everybody!

I am actually going with a new black top with some super funky jewelry.  I am wearing a tall black boot with a tall heel.  Not a spike heel, more of a squarish one but tall and thin. 

Oh, and I just got a pair of brown sweater Uggs....  LOVE THEM!!!  Seriously.  I need to get a skinny jean to tuck them into but until then, I am still wearing them and feeling comfy all day.   

You can't go wrong with black and cute jewelry!  Have a great time.
perriwinkle
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2008, 03:16:32 PM »

Faith, that is hilarious!  I love it that she made up her own special nickname!  My daughter is 6 and she sure likes to design her own outfits and accessories.  That is fun!

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2008, 03:17:39 PM »

Thanks everybody!

Sounds fierce! I am sure your hubs will love it no matter what you wear!  Funky jewelry is very hot right now..specially the chunky kind!  Smile

Bold colored skinny jeans are very in right now...we are traveling back through 1980's right now in fashion, but with a bit of a twist... Smile

Have fun tonight!!  I am so jealous of your sushi!!  (I miss it!!!!!)

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2008, 03:20:14 PM »

Love the new forum!  My daughter is named Madison, but she couldn't say it when she was little.  She called herself Fashion!  I am in fashion design, manufacturing etc. so I loved it and the name stuck.  People do look at me funny in public when I say "Fashion, come here!"  She's 4 now and quite the little diva.  She loves to dress up, goes nowhere without her jewelry, and changes "wardrobe" several times a day, so the name suits her!

Just FYI for those with an ipod or iphone there is a fantastic new app called style.com that lets you watch all the latest designer shows from your device!
Have it and LOVE it!!

perriwinkle
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2008, 03:34:59 PM »

Thanks everybody!

Sounds fierce! I am sure your hubs will love it no matter what you wear!  Funky jewelry is very hot right now..specially the chunky kind!  Smile

Bold colored skinny jeans are very in right now...we are traveling back through 1980's right now in fashion, but with a bit of a twist... Smile

Have fun tonight!!  I am so jealous of your sushi!!  (I miss it!!!!!)

My friend just found out she was prego and I sent her a card with a picture of sushi that states-

"Congratulations on your Pregnancy!  I'll be thinking of you while I'm drinking my morning cup of coffee, or when I go out for delicious sushi, or enjoy a glass of wine after a long, hard day..."

She didn't think it was as funny as I did!  I already have 2 kiddos so I am out of the game.  They are 6 and 3.  Tonight the munchkins are staying with my sister and we are having date night.  Sushi is our absolute fav!  All our friends make fun because that is where we go when we have a chance to get out.  But hey, it is like entertainment and dinner all in one!  I can't wait!

Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2008, 03:35:02 PM »

I wear Elizabeth Arden's   Red Door.
It supposed to have something in it that drives men crazy -  so far, its worked for me!!
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2008, 03:37:37 PM »

I wear Elizabeth Arden's   Red Door.
It supposed to have something in it that drives men crazy -  so far, its worked for me!!

opps.  I answered the wrong post.   But you all know what I meant to answer.
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2008, 03:42:29 PM »

I must say, I am so excited about this new forum.

OH!  Anybody found a new fragrance they like?  I hate floral and fruity.  Something a little sexy...  I don't know.  In the past I wore Abercrombe for women but I am now 31 and think it is a bit young.  I want something that makes me feel like a woman.  ???
Angel by Thierry Mugler is what I wear mostly along with Chanel No. 5 and Chanel Coco.

perriwinkle
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2008, 03:51:50 PM »

Thank you! I  will be checking those out!

numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2008, 03:52:06 PM »

What's "in" as far as hosiery?  I'm a bit confused since I see a lot of bare legs in ads and catalogues.  I have really fair skin, live in Ohio, and work in a professional office.
Bare...not so good on me.  Can anyone help? 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.