March 29, 2024, 08:39:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Fashion Forum  (Read 100812 times)
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2008, 04:01:41 PM »

What's "in" as far as hosiery?  I'm a bit confused since I see a lot of bare legs in ads and catalogues.  I have really fair skin, live in Ohio, and work in a professional office.
Bare...not so good on me.  Can anyone help? 
Bold pattern "tights" are very much in right now.  I wear black patterned tights with my mini's a lot.  Always 1 is known for wearing them as well, not sure what sorts of patterns she wears with them though.
For a professional office I would not suggest wearing the mini's, but possibly some knee highs with pants.  One can never go wrong with "nude" spanx when in a professional setting and does not wish to be bare legged...mix it up a bit though to match your outfits for sure!  Black nylon spanx are fierce when worn with the right attire.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2008, 04:14:14 PM »

I've added Decorating to the title of the forum so it's now FASHION & DECORATING.   
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2008, 04:16:41 PM »

I've added Decorating to the title of the forum so it's now FASHION & DECORATING.   
Thank you!!

pinkbanana
Monkey Junky

« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2008, 04:26:46 PM »

OH I'm going to LOVE it here...
FASHION is one of my PASSIONS! 

pb

STILL Standing With The GIRL, Natalee Holloway!
Caylee Anthony, Rest In Peace Little SUNSHINE.
Where is Haleigh Cummings?
BLESS ALL THE CHILDREN! BLESS ALL THE MISSING! BLESS YOU!
pinkbanana
Monkey Junky

« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2008, 04:30:37 PM »

Can I still wear a pair of dress heather grey gauchos, with my tall black boots?  I haven't worn them in a while but thought I might tonight to go out with my husband for sushi.  Are they totally out?  I LOVE fashion but am SICK of my same old stuff.  Just thought I'd mix it up a bit...  Thoughts?

Sounds elegant to me.  As long as it doesn't involve Ugg boots, leggings or your drawers hanging out of it, I'm down with it!

haha I have on uggs right now....I own 5 pairs. 

Wear them all year round. 

As a matter of fact after work I'm going to buy a brown pair that I saw when I went out for lunch. 

pb

BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2008, 04:39:29 PM »

I must say, I am so excited about this new forum.

OH!  Anybody found a new fragrance they like?  I hate floral and fruity.  Something a little sexy...  I don't know.  In the past I wore Abercrombe for women but I am now 31 and think it is a bit young.  I want something that makes me feel like a woman.  ???
Angel by Thierry Mugler is what I wear mostly along with Chanel No. 5 and Chanel Coco.

Hey! Angel by Thierry Mugler is mine too!! I just melt when I spray or dab! I love Chanel No. 5 too, but have never tried Chanel Coco. Angel will always be my favorite!

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2008, 04:40:15 PM »

Can I still wear a pair of dress heather grey gauchos, with my tall black boots?  I haven't worn them in a while but thought I might tonight to go out with my husband for sushi.  Are they totally out?  I LOVE fashion but am SICK of my same old stuff.  Just thought I'd mix it up a bit...  Thoughts?

Sounds elegant to me.  As long as it doesn't involve Ugg boots, leggings or your drawers hanging out of it, I'm down with it!

As a matter of fact after work I'm going to buy a brown pair that I saw when I went out for lunch. 

pb

I just have a green pair, but I don't know what I would do without them!

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2008, 04:48:35 PM »

pb

I just have a green pair, but I don't know what I would do without them!
My mom bought me my first pair for Christmas this year. They are LEOPARD print. I love them.

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2008, 04:55:28 PM »

Thanks Dolce....I'm 49...but a fun 49...don't want to look dowdy; but worse than that is trying to look too young!  I think the Ugg boots are very cute for younger gals, my look is more slim knee-length skirts, trousers, and this year I'm loving the menswear look...but with red lipstick and pearls and stilettos!   
pinkbanana
Monkey Junky

« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2008, 05:05:19 PM »

Thanks Dolce....I'm 49...but a fun 49...don't want to look dowdy; but worse than that is trying to look too young!  I think the Ugg boots are very cute for younger gals, my look is more slim knee-length skirts, trousers, and this year I'm loving the menswear look...but with red lipstick and pearls and stilettos!   

Red Lipstick, pearls and stilettos sounds nice to me...

Hey I'm 10 years younger than you... I like to think my uggs look cute on me.   

pb

numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2008, 05:10:36 PM »

pb

Hey pb...that's what I meant in my post...under 45...go for it.  I just think Ugg boots are a trendy, young look....I think I would look ridiculous in them....didn't mean to offend.
perriwinkle
Monkey Junky Jr.

If you were a crayon, what color would you be?

« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2008, 05:13:09 PM »

YES!  I was just thinking that we hould have a decorating forum.  THAT is my forte!!

We could learn a lot from crayons...

some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names, and all are different colors, but they all exist very nicely in the same box.
pinkbanana
Monkey Junky

« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2008, 05:25:30 PM »

pb

Hey pb...that's what I meant in my post...under 45...go for it.  I just think Ugg boots are a trendy, young look....I think I would look ridiculous in them....didn't mean to offend.

You did not offend me.... 

I was making a joke about it. Hey my mom is 58 and she wears them too.

I bet you would look cute with them on... I LOVE them...I LIVE in mine. 

pb

oh, thanks for calling me young...

crazybabyborg
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2008, 02:05:07 AM »

Wow! Great thread!

I'm pretty picky about fragrances, and different ones smell differently depending on how it interacts with your own skin, but I wore Issey Miyake's l'eau d'issey exclusively for years. If you aren't familiar with it, it sounds fancy, but you can buy it at Sophora. The lotion is a nice clean smell.

About a year ago, I started wearing a cream that I love and can buy locally. The CREAM in the Lancome Tresor line is wonderful! I don't care for the lotion, cologne, or perfume, but the cream in the jar is heavenly and lasts, subtley, all day. I just rub a small finger dab on my wrists and neckline, and it's great. With it, I don't use cologne, etc.

Next time you're at the cosmetic counter, ask for a tester.   
numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2008, 10:25:21 AM »

That's a great tip CBB...I had forgotten that my Mom used to do that.  She wore Royal Secret and it lasted all day, but in a more subtle way.  I will try your suggestions.
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2009, 08:57:19 PM »

Dolce, I hope I am doing this right.

My mom is turning 60 and we (my sister and my step dad) are having a lunch party for her at the Zodiac room at Neiman Marcus. I am not a posh person, so I don't know what to wear. I don't have a lot of money like my sister so I really think I would feel uncomfortable going to this party. I know my mom wouldn't care what I wore, but I can't afford to go to Nordstroms and buy a new outfit. The only time I get new clothes is at Christmas or my birthday. I don't shop for myself because I don't have the extra money to spend. Any help you can give me I would really appreciate it. Thanks so much, JSM. P.S. I am a jean/sweat shirt type of person so thats all I have in the closet that will fit my big butt!  TIA JSM

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2009, 09:08:47 PM »

My mom is turning 60 and we (my sister and my step dad) are having a lunch party for her at the Zodiac room at Neiman Marcus. I am not a posh person, so I don't know what to wear. I don't have a lot of money like my sister so I really think I would feel uncomfortable going to this party. I know my mom wouldn't care what I wore, but I can't afford to go to Nordstroms and buy a new outfit. The only time I get new clothes is at Christmas or my birthday. I don't shop for myself because I don't have the extra money to spend. Any help you can give me I would really appreciate it. Thanks so much, JSM. P.S. I am a jean/sweat shirt type of person so thats all I have in the closet that will fit my big butt!  TIA JSM
Quite honestly you are going to be with people that you love and people that know you and your situation.  While the Zodiac is very chic, I have seen people in it who are not. 
Are you wanting to purchase a new outfit since all you have are jeans and sweatshirts, or are you looking to spend some dollars, like say $20-$30 for a new shirt to go with those jeans, and maybe a nice accessory?
Without knowing what is exactly in your clothset I can not help you pick out an outfit, but I have made mention to others that I can pick out a great outfit as Walmart just as I could at Saks. 
You can email me at any time.  My email is dolce_chic@ymail.com.  I can give you some more customized ideas.
All in all though, it is for your mother and I am certain that your presence is going to surpass your outfit.  Smile

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2009, 09:17:17 PM »

Quite honestly you are going to be with people that you love and people that know you and your situation.  While the Zodiac is very chic, I have seen people in it who are not. 
Are you wanting to purchase a new outfit since all you have are jeans and sweatshirts, or are you looking to spend some dollars, like say $20-$30 for a new shirt to go with those jeans, and maybe a nice accessory?
Without knowing what is exactly in your clothset I can not help you pick out an outfit, but I have made mention to others that I can pick out a great outfit as Walmart just as I could at Saks. 
You can email me at any time.  My email is dolce_chic@ymail.com.  I can give you some more customized ideas.
All in all though, it is for your mother and I am certain that your presence is going to surpass your outfit.  Smile
Thank you so much for listening to my pity party. I have gained about 40 pounds so I am about a size 12 right now. I have two pair of jeans that fit. I hate to shop for clothes I always have. My sister is bigger than me, but can look like a queen in anything she wears. She also can buy anything anywhere as she is a shopping freak. My new clothes always come from her closet. I will email you tomorrow. Thanks for your help. You are a dear. Joesamas.

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2009, 09:24:18 PM »

Joes there is also no shame in asking your sister to help you pick out an outfit from her clothset for you.  Many people are known for keeping clothes that are smaller sizes than their current, I am sure she has something that could fit you and that could look very nice.
Keep it simple is the key here.  Accessories can be added if need be.
Just remember the important key here is your mothers happiness. 
I look forward to hearing from you.

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2009, 09:26:33 PM »

OMG I can not spell closet right!!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.