March 29, 2024, 07:52:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Fashion Forum  (Read 100811 times)
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2009, 09:46:14 PM »

Joes there is also no shame in asking your sister to help you pick out an outfit from her clothset for you.  Many people are known for keeping clothes that are smaller sizes than their current, I am sure she has something that could fit you and that could look very nice.
Keep it simple is the key here.  Accessories can be added if need be.
Just remember the important key here is your mothers happiness. 
I look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks Dolce. I emailed you more info. You are such a great person. Also one more question, do you design and sew clothes no matter what size. Just asking because I need a person to design a skating dress for a LARGE sized woman. TIA and thanks for all your help!

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2009, 09:56:58 PM »

Joes there is also no shame in asking your sister to help you pick out an outfit from her clothset for you.  Many people are known for keeping clothes that are smaller sizes than their current, I am sure she has something that could fit you and that could look very nice.
Thanks Dolce. I emailed you more info. You are such a great person. Also one more question, do you design and sew clothes no matter what size. Just asking because I need a person to design a skating dress for a LARGE sized woman. TIA and thanks for all your help!
You are sweet!
I am not familiar with skating type dresses, I do all sizes though, trust me I have seen some large people fit into some not so large strapless bridesmaids gowns.  I make clothing for my BFF who is a size 24.

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2009, 10:06:58 PM »

You are sweet!
I am not familiar with skating type dresses, I do all sizes though, trust me I have seen some large people fit into some not so large strapless bridesmaids gowns.  I make clothing for my BFF who is a size 24.
Strapless no, I wear a bra always.  but I can email you a pattern of what I want. The thing around here is, most designers for skating dresses want to make you wear the "latest thing" not something that is flattering!

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2009, 09:08:51 AM »

You are sweet!
Strapless no, I wear a bra always.  but I can email you a pattern of what I want. The thing around here is, most designers for skating dresses want to make you wear the "latest thing" not something that is flattering!
Send away. If I am unable to help I may know someone who is.  I am not familiar with spandex..LOL  j/k

Tater
Monkey Junky

« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2009, 01:51:44 PM »

RED CARPET BEST: Evan Rachel Wood ditched her old Goth look for a beautiful beaded dress from Dolce and Gabbana.

http://www.foxnews.com/photoessay/0,4644,6228,00.html#12_0

Proverbs 3:5
  Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;
         and lean not unto thine own understanding.
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2009, 03:56:38 PM »

RED CARPET BEST: Evan Rachel Wood ditched her old Goth look for a beautiful beaded dress from Dolce and Gabbana.

http://www.foxnews.com/photoessay/0,4644,6228,00.html#12_0

The dress is hot, but not on her.  I think that the colors really wash her out.  This would look fab on someone with a slightly darker complection such as Jessica Alba.

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2009, 12:40:31 PM »

Can I still wear a pair of dress heather grey gauchos, with my tall black boots?  I haven't worn them in a while but thought I might tonight to go out with my husband for sushi.  Are they totally out?  I LOVE fashion but am SICK of my same old stuff.  Just thought I'd mix it up a bit...  Thoughts?

Sounds elegant to me.  As long as it doesn't involve Ugg boots, leggings or your drawers hanging out of it, I'm down with it!

haha I have on uggs right now....I own 5 pairs. 

Wear them all year round. 

As a matter of fact after work I'm going to buy a brown pair that I saw when I went out for lunch. 

pb

I love my Uggs too, I don't care whether or not they are stylish, they are just so damn comfy. My daughter stole my last pair, as she does all my clothes, but on the upside I get to wear all her jeans that her daddy buys (7's True religion, Diesel, J brand, 7 for all mankind). I'm too cheap to buy those for a teen, but I'll sure as heck wear them if someone else is willing to contribute to her jean collection (around 25 pair now)

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
KYcat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2009, 10:08:07 AM »

Wow! Great thread!

I'm pretty picky about fragrances, and different ones smell differently depending on how it interacts with your own skin, but I wore Issey Miyake's l'eau d'issey exclusively for years. If you aren't familiar with it, it sounds fancy, but you can buy it at Sophora. The lotion is a nice clean smell.

About a year ago, I started wearing a cream that I love and can buy locally. The CREAM in the Lancome Tresor line is wonderful! I don't care for the lotion, cologne, or perfume, but the cream in the jar is heavenly and lasts, subtley, all day. I just rub a small finger dab on my wrists and neckline, and it's great. With it, I don't use cologne, etc.

Next time you're at the cosmetic counter, ask for a tester.   
Me Too!   Lancome Tresor........... have worn it for years, my all time favorite.

Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2009, 10:39:15 AM »

Hi Guys, been wanted to post this for awhile but never had time. In case noone knows Victoria's Secret has a fantastic website! I get all of my basics there; tops, tees, tanks.They are not just an undies site. I pretty much get everything here including my Uggs!  They have great prices & are always on top of the latest trends. I'm not real crazy about Spring's dusty pastels; I love bright colors, but summer always brings beautiful brights! Their Pink collection is adorable, too! I got my daughter & my niece the University of AL hoodies for Christmas. I have tons of the tshirts & sweats. I have to be careful as it's so easy to put stuff on my Vic. Sec. card  The sailor pants, I love and I got last season. They're still on for this year too. I'll post the ones I have. Hope this helps someone with fashion woes! 
www.victoriassecret.com

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2009, 11:17:22 AM »

Thanks Monken, cute stuff.  I love the pants but would not look good on me, I still have baby belly  How's the quality of things you get there?  And what about the sizes?  Are they pretty true to size?

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2009, 12:04:05 PM »

Thanks Monken, cute stuff.  I love the pants but would not look good on me, I still have baby belly  How's the quality of things you get there?  And what about the sizes?  Are they pretty true to size?

They are perfectly sized, they do not run small at all! There is a size chart on each page just in case you need it. The quality is great! I wear some of the basics like tees & tanks over & over again & they never shrink or fade! I just love their stuff! I just got a pair of skinny jeans from there & I absolutely Love them, the fit is perfect, & you can wear them with boots, flats or heels, just whatever. I really got into the sailor pants last season, thank goodness they're still in style. The blue & white striped ones in the pic I took to the beach last summer. They are a gauzy type fabric & look so cute with a tank. If you do get wide leg pants make sure to wear a top that's a closer fit & not blousy. The khaki sailor pants in the pic are really low cut so I have to be careful to wear a longer top  I got a catalog yesterday & I already have some pages marked. I'm gonna sneak on the website after my hubby goes to work! j/k, he doesn't care!  My granddaughter wants a pair of the colored Uggs; I'm gonna have to save up for those    Here's the website www.victoriassecret.com If you haven't checked out the Pink collection, i think you would love that too! Two other sites I love are www.forever21.com & delias.com. I got a beautiful maxi dress from Delias last summer & I got a million compliments on it! My daughter borrowed it several times, too. I'm so glad you posted here cause it looks like this thread doesn't get much traffic. Let me know if you find something! Love Ya, Monken 

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2009, 03:14:46 PM »

Hi Monkey and Lovin....I'm going to check this out too.  I'm thinking about trying the sailor pants and some tanks for summer.  My "work look" is really tailored, but I think it's time to break out of that look and have some fun with fashion for spring and summer (especially after this long winter    ).

I find a lot of clothes at Talbots.com too.  It's a good mix of professional and casual styles...but pretty conservative.  I really like their dresses and basics like sweaters and skirts.  The quality is good and their sales are great!  If you open a charge you get points which translates into gift certificates several times a year.     Their sizing is really reliable too. 
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2009, 03:20:10 PM »

So EXCITED!!  Just purchased the Louis Vuitton Diaper bag!!!!!!! 

Thanks to Miss A1 for talking me down from a ledge there...had to order it online as they do not sell it in the store- I was going to jump through the phone at the store clerk!

http://www.louisvuitton.com/web/flash/index.jsp;jsessionid=HX0IKUTJ2OHCOCRBXUXFAHYKEG4RAUPU?buy=1&langue=en_US&direct1=home_entry_us

If you are in the market...take a gander!!!  Smile

Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2009, 06:12:09 PM »

Thanks to Miss A1 for talking me down from a ledge there...had to order it online as they do not sell it in the store- I was going to jump through the phone at the store clerk!

http://www.louisvuitton.com/web/flash/index.jsp;jsessionid=HX0IKUTJ2OHCOCRBXUXFAHYKEG4RAUPU?buy=1&langue=en_US&direct1=home_entry_us

Dolce congrats!  I know you love LV!  No more diaper bags for me Sad , especially $2200.00 ones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I really like it tho and looked around at some of the other stuff I'll never be able to afford!!!!!!!!!

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2009, 03:02:44 PM »

Dolce congrats!  I know you love LV!  No more diaper bags for me Sad , especially $2200.00 ones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I really like it tho and looked around at some of the other stuff I'll never be able to afford!!!!!!!!!
Thanks! Yes LV is one of my fav's, it lasts!  It is an investiment, but each piece is timeless! (Like Chanel)

Lifesong
Monkey Junky

« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2009, 02:06:05 PM »

Hello fashionista monkeys!  Tamikosmom recommended this thread to me, I'm hoping you might be able to help me out.

I was trying to educate myself about the effects of saltwater on denim.  This relates back to the Natalee Holloway thread and the discussions about the evidence recovery from the crab trap.  My thoughts were along the line of attempting to rule in or out the possibility that denim would still be that unfaded and pliable after that long (2.5 yrs. approx.) in the ocean. 

I found that spandex contains PBT (polybutylene terephthalate) which is resistant to saltwater.  I've also found that most stretch denim mini-skirts contain from 1% to 3% spandex, while swimsuits are typically around 47%-50% spandex.

What I don't know is the % content of PBT in spandex, and what % of spandex in such a fabric (cotten/denim) would be enough to protect it from the effects of saltwater.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."  - Galileo
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2009, 07:48:03 PM »

Hello fashionista monkeys!  Tamikosmom recommended this thread to me, I'm hoping you might be able to help me out.

I was trying to educate myself about the effects of saltwater on denim.  This relates back to the Natalee Holloway thread and the discussions about the evidence recovery from the crab trap.  My thoughts were along the line of attempting to rule in or out the possibility that denim would still be that unfaded and pliable after that long (2.5 yrs. approx.) in the ocean. 

I found that spandex contains PBT (polybutylene terephthalate) which is resistant to saltwater.  I've also found that most stretch denim mini-skirts contain from 1% to 3% spandex, while swimsuits are typically around 47%-50% spandex.

What I don't know is the % content of PBT in spandex, and what % of spandex in such a fabric (cotten/denim) would be enough to protect it from the effects of saltwater.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!

After 2.5 years in salt water I would imagine that it would be a bit faded and worn given current running over it and what not.  The material itself may be a bit deteriorated though, and surely would not resemble that of a skirt, possibly a quite torn skirt or strips that would remain after other parts had been carried away with the tide.  It really depends too on what brand skirt it was to see just how much spandex was involved...you have to remember that a heavily worn bathing suit does being to tear and deteriorate itself. (Living in FL all my life and swimming about 90% of the year, I rotate between 9 bathing suits for this reason.  After chlorine and salt water good to pre-soak in a vinigar solution)

Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2009, 09:30:16 AM »

Thanks! Yes LV is one of my fav's, it lasts!  It is an investiment, but each piece is timeless! (Like Chanel)

This is my LV Murakami, I've had it several years & I Love it!

Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2009, 09:41:50 AM »

Hi Monkey and Lovin....I'm going to check this out too.  I'm thinking about trying the sailor pants and some tanks for summer.  My "work look" is really tailored, but I think it's time to break out of that look and have some fun with fashion for spring and summer (especially after this long winter    ).

I find a lot of clothes at Talbots.com too.  It's a good mix of professional and casual styles...but pretty conservative.  I really like their dresses and basics like sweaters and skirts.  The quality is good and their sales are great!  If you open a charge you get points which translates into gift certificates several times a year.     Their sizing is really reliable too. 

Hey Numbers! You get all kinds of points & discounts at VS too! I just have to tell ya it's dangerous opening a VS charge acct.!  Their tees & tanks are fantastic, every color & style you can imagine! And many different styles, too! If you like skinny jeans, these are great,( Posting the pic) & I'm ordering another pair! Let me know if you order something, i know you'll love it! Monken 
The double zip jeans I had to have, I had a pair just like them in the 70's! 

Phaedrus
numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2009, 08:54:07 PM »

Hey Numbers! You get all kinds of points & discounts at VS too! I just have to tell ya it's dangerous opening a VS charge acct.!  Their tees & tanks are fantastic, every color & style you can imagine! And many different styles, too! If you like skinny jeans, these are great,( Posting the pic) & I'm ordering another pair! Let me know if you order something, i know you'll love it! Monken 
The double zip jeans I had to have, I had a pair just like them in the 70's! 

Thanks Monken...I really like the double zip jeans...may need to head out and place an order.   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.