April 28, 2024, 11:44:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, FL Missing since June 16-just reported by mother #82  (Read 341426 times)
stayhomemommy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #620 on: December 29, 2008, 08:55:01 AM »

Thanks for the Welcome, after looking at other photos of potential fathers this guy is there as well.

golf clubs? Polo shirt? You think if this guy were the father, or might have been, that Casey et co would have let him get away without at least taking a stab at child support from him?

Maybe he is just a Caddy? Wink
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #621 on: December 29, 2008, 08:55:02 AM »

Thanks for the Welcome, after looking at other photos of potential fathers this guy is there as well.

golf clubs? Polo shirt? You think if this guy were the father, or might have been, that Casey et co would have let him get away without at least taking a stab at child support from him?
Nah, I don't think it was ever about the money when it came to the bio-daddy for KC. It was about control over Cindy and keeping that ace up her sleeve. She saw how Cindy reacted to the Grund family, I don't think Cindy ever wanted to "share" Caylee. KC having that bit of information and keeping it from her drove Cindy up the wall. I know it would me. Here, Cindy is thinking her precious little slore is a virgin and come to find out she's 7 months pregnant! Then KC won't give up the baby daddy's name! I'm sure KC loved to watch Cindy squirm when her friends and family asked her about it!

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
stayhomemommy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #622 on: December 29, 2008, 08:58:01 AM »

what was the other movie she hired?  My son prolly has it, and he isnt a killer.  Im not defending the pysco pathetic one at all.  It will all go down to what the young were into hiring at the time.  In a way, it will actually make her look like a normal young person, hiring the latest dvd movies.  This wont make her look any stranger than all the young people hiring out these dvds.  It actually might go towards her defense.  Has anyone considered this?  The movies were on the charts, the defense can say all the young ones were hiring these new releases.  it makes casey look normal.  Nothing wrong with it at all. 
This is the thing, the movies she hired were newish releases, so now, the defense will portray her as an average young person.  they might even subpena all persons who hired these movies before her.  This alone is not going to convict her, it is all circumstantial evidence.  I trust LE has enough dna results to incriminate her.  But I will tell you all this right now.  Any circumstantial evidence, will not convict a 22 year old woman.  It might get her 12 months, but without actual dna evidence that she murdered caylee, she will walk after  a short probation period.  I have seen it before, I have personally been thru this before.  She will get off. 

I admit that I am concerned she might very well get off. The only hope I have is that there is such a plethora of circumstantial evidence (along with some other evidence that LE is holding onto) that there will be reasonable doubt....that's all they have to prove here in the states--not beyond any doubt, or beyond a shadow of a doubt, but beyond "reasonable" doubt. And it just isn't reasonable someone else killed Caylee, put her in Casey's trunk, and then dumped her right by her home. Possible, but not reasonable--especially given the other evidence.
stayhomemommy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #623 on: December 29, 2008, 08:59:01 AM »

Nah, I don't think it was ever about the money when it came to the bio-daddy for KC. It was about control over Cindy and keeping that ace up her sleeve. She saw how Cindy reacted to the Grund family, I don't think Cindy ever wanted to "share" Caylee. KC having that bit of information and keeping it from her drove Cindy up the wall. I know it would me. Here, Cindy is thinking her precious little slore is a virgin and come to find out she's 7 months pregnant! Then KC won't give up the baby daddy's name! I'm sure KC loved to watch Cindy squirm when her friends and family asked her about it!

I forgot to say, "Morning all!" And yes, Boo, I do think you have it nailed. The control for Cindy was worth way more than knowing who the bio dad was.
Lucinda
Monkey Junky

« Reply #624 on: December 29, 2008, 09:00:02 AM »

thanks boo and pooky, Im still reading up.  Yes, boo unfrickenfathabol, thats not the right word, but close.  Im in a rock and a hard place at present   

BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #625 on: December 29, 2008, 09:02:26 AM »

what was the other movie she hired?  My son prolly has it, and he isnt a killer.  Im not defending the pysco pathetic one at all.  It will all go down to what the young were into hiring at the time.  In a way, it will actually make her look like a normal young person, hiring the latest dvd movies.  This wont make her look any stranger than all the young people hiring out these dvds.  It actually might go towards her defense.  Has anyone considered this?  The movies were on the charts, the defense can say all the young ones were hiring these new releases.  it makes casey look normal.  Nothing wrong with it at all. 
This is the thing, the movies she hired were newish releases, so now, the defense will portray her as an average young person.  they might even subpena all persons who hired these movies before her.  This alone is not going to convict her, it is all circumstantial evidence.  I trust LE has enough dna results to incriminate her.  But I will tell you all this right now.  Any circumstantial evidence, will not convict a 22 year old woman.  It might get her 12 months, but without actual dna evidence that she murdered caylee, she will walk after  a short probation period.  I have seen it before, I have personally been thru this before.  She will get off. 
I would never think anything less of your son b/c he has watched these movies. People now adays are desensitized when it comes to violence. I have watched ones like Final Destination and enjoyed the film. Her renting these movies doesn't show she is a killer, but what it does show is that her daughter was "kidnapped" (we know she was killed that day by her Mother) and KC is strolling through Blockbuster without a care in the world. Most people would be beside themselves upset, not renting killer movies and kicking back for the evening.

Don't underestimate circumstantial evidence, it will convict. In fact, most evidence is circumstantial, when you put it together you can see the mind of a killer and what they did. There is no way KC is going to get off in any way with this. There is no one else to pin this on, no other "suspects". America does not stand for baby killers and will want her in prison for a very long time. With all the samples they have taken and those last 3 search warrants they issued on the Anthony house, you can bet your bippy they got something good on KC from the crime scene.

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
Lucinda
Monkey Junky

« Reply #626 on: December 29, 2008, 09:02:30 AM »

thanks boo and pooky, Im still reading up.  Yes, boo unfrickenfathabol, thats not the right word, but close.  Im in a rock and a hard place at present   

need to add, nothing to do with skank face casey and her murderous killing of her own precious baby Caylee. 

Fuzzball
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #627 on: December 29, 2008, 09:03:13 AM »

Ill be glad when we ALL know who Caylee's father is,  Also I wish the A's would hurry up and make arrangements for Caylee to be laid to rest.......whats wrong with these people, what are they waiting for.......this poor baby has been through enough hell, she needs to be laid to rest, and then   the monster that killed her needs to be shot!!!!!!!

Amen, and now for the A's to put her thru another Autopsy?? How do you autopsy bones??? Give her a proper burial and move to Aruba ASAP!

Unless the father is Lee or George, we're never, ever, ever, ever going to know who it is. But I keep feeling like we're gonna know because it's one of them.

As for another autopsy, maybe they want to know what she died of as badly as we do. Maybe they're hoping another autopsy will show that she didn't suffer. Maybe they are miserable thinking about what might have been done to her, and are hoping that another autopsy will somehow prove she wasn't beaten, raped, or poisoned...Maybe they're hoping another autopsy will show if there are chemicals in the bones or hair that might shed some light on exactly how it was done, and who did it, so they can finally let go.

There are a lot of ways to autopsy bones. x-rays, microscopes, studies of how long the bones have been skeletonized, chemical analysis, and I'm sure a real expert could think of a lot more ways. 

If there is any reason why taking their time at this stage, will help the investigation, then by all means let them take their time. Once buried or cremated there's no turning back. Probably the Ants want to make sure there's no chance of someone saying, "wait-we have to exhume her because we didn't get enough info," or accusing them of cremating her to hide evidence. Certainly with an obstruction suit hanging over their heads it behooves them to be as cautious as they can.

Fuzzball
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #628 on: December 29, 2008, 09:05:33 AM »

I would never think anything less of your son b/c he has watched these movies. People now adays are desensitized when it comes to violence. I have watched ones like Final Destination and enjoyed the film. Her renting these movies doesn't show she is a killer, but what it does show is that her daughter was "kidnapped" (we know she was killed that day by her Mother) and KC is strolling through Blockbuster without a care in the world. Most people would be beside themselves upset, not renting killer movies and kicking back for the evening.

Don't underestimate circumstantial evidence, it will convict. In fact, most evidence is circumstantial, when you put it together you can see the mind of a killer and what they did. There is no way KC is going to get off in any way with this. There is no one else to pin this on, no other "suspects". America does not stand for baby killers and will want her in prison for a very long time. With all the samples they have taken and those last 3 search warrants they issued on the Anthony house, you can bet your bippy they got something good on KC from the crime scene.

ITA, boo. Everybody watches and enjoys these movies at some point, but not when their baby has been missing for 24 hours. Not when they don't know where their child is. Nobody just kicks back and watches a little movie before calling the police, unless they are sick and twisted and hiding something. And I sure hope you're right about circumstantial evidence.
QuietMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #629 on: December 29, 2008, 09:08:15 AM »

Just changing my avi again, want to see how it looks. I may change it yet again till I'm happy with it.

RIP Sweet Puppy
anothermonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #630 on: December 29, 2008, 09:08:50 AM »

Catching up here, but you look so cute in your New Year's get-ups!!

Anything going on today? Hearings, pressers, etc?

Denial- turning people crazy all over the world! 
Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

January 8th, 1935 On this day, a King was born !

« Reply #631 on: December 29, 2008, 09:09:12 AM »

I admit that I am concerned she might very well get off. The only hope I have is that there is such a plethora of circumstantial evidence (along with some other evidence that LE is holding onto) that there will be reasonable doubt....that's all they have to prove here in the states--not beyond any doubt, or beyond a shadow of a doubt, but beyond "reasonable" doubt. And it just isn't reasonable someone else killed Caylee, put her in Casey's trunk, and then dumped her right by her home. Possible, but not reasonable--especially given the other evidence.

Except that she was out renting movies and partying while her daughter was "missing/kidnapped" according to her own testimony..I think that is going to be a very strong piece of circumstantial evidence...there is nothing "normal" about it...IMO

We will never be able to make a woman want her child. But we as a society could make a safe haven for those children in that situation. Let not one more child die from lack of wanting... We could call it the Caylee House.
Fuzzball
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #632 on: December 29, 2008, 09:10:02 AM »

It's completely unreasonable because Casey was the last person seen with Caylee. It's really not reasonable to think that she dropped her with Jesse, he killed Caylee and put her in the trunk, but somehow Casey didn't call the police or turn him in, but instead concocted an imaginary nanny. It's completely unreasonable to think that Casey would just chill with a bf after another bf iced her kid and put her in the trunk--if that had really happened Casey would have been out for blood, and either cops or Tony Lazarro with a baseball bat would have been at Jesse's door over this.

Fuzzball
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #633 on: December 29, 2008, 09:10:42 AM »

Except that she was out renting movies and partying while her daughter was "missing/kidnapped" according to her own testimony..I think that is going to be a very strong piece of circumstantial evidence...there is nothing "normal" about it...IMO

I sure hope so, SS. It should be.
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #634 on: December 29, 2008, 09:11:14 AM »

Circumstantial evidence
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Circumstantial evidence is a collection of facts that, when considered together, can be used to infer a conclusion about something unknown. Circumstantial evidence is usually a theory, supported by a significant quantity of corroborating evidence. Corroboration is normally supplied by one or more expert witnesses who provide forensic evidence.

Compared to direct evidence

If a witness testifies that the defendant was seen entering a house, then screaming was heard, then the defendant was seen leaving, carrying a bloody knife, that is circumstantial evidence; if a witness testifies that the defendant was seen actually stabbing the victim, that is direct evidence.

Applications of circumstantial evidence

The two areas of importance are criminal and civil cases where direct evidence is lacking. Forensic evidence is often crucial in establishing the truth of a matter, especially when corroborated by independent tests. Expert evidence is usually needed to prove forensic conclusions.

Criminal Law

Circumstantial evidence is used in criminal courts to establish guilt or innocence through reasoning.

The distinction between direct and circumstantial evidence is important because, with the obvious exceptions (the immature, incompetent, or mentally ill), nearly all criminals are careful to not generate direct evidence[clarification needed], and try to avoid demonstrating criminal intent. Therefore, to prove the mens rea levels of "purposely" or "knowingly," the prosecution must usually resort to circumstantial evidence. The same goes for tortfeasors in tort law, if one needs to prove a high level of mens rea to obtain punitive damages.

One example of circumstantial evidence is the behavior of a person around the time of an alleged offense. If someone was charged with theft of money, and was then seen in a shopping spree purchasing expensive items, the shopping spree might be regarded as circumstantial evidence of the individual's guilt.

Forensic evidence

Other examples of circumstantial evidence are fingerprint, blood analysis or DNA analysis of the evidence found at the scene of a crime. These types of evidence may strongly point to a certain conclusion when taken into consideration with other facts, but if not directly witnessed by someone when the crime was committed, they are still considered to be circumstantial in nature. However, when proved by expert witnesses, they are usually sufficient to decide a case especially in the absence of any direct evidence. Owing to the development in forensic methods, old undecided case (or cold cases) are frequently resolved.

A popular misconception is that circumstantial evidence is less valid or less important than direct evidence. This is only partly true: direct evidence is generally considered more powerful, but successful criminal prosecutions often rely largely on circumstantial evidence, and civil charges are frequently based on circumstantial or indirect evidence. In practice, circumstantial evidence often has an advantage over direct evidence in that it is more difficult to suppress or fabricate. Eyewitness testimony is notoriously inaccurate at times, and many persons have been convicted on the basis of perjured or otherwise mistaken testimony. Good strong circumstantial evidence can be a far more reliable basis on which to make a determination of guilt. It should be noted that circumstantial evidence normally requires a witness, such as the police officer who found the evidence, or an expert who examined it, to lay the foundation for its admission. This witness, sometimes known as the sponsor or the authenticating witness, is giving direct (eye-witness) testimony, and could present credibility problems in the same way that any eye witness does.

Much of the evidence against Timothy McVeigh was circumstantial, for example. Speaking about McVeigh's trial, University of Michigan law professor Robert Precht said, "Circumstantial evidence can be, and often is much more powerful than direct evidence". [1] The recent Scott Peterson trial was based heavily on circumstantial evidence.

However, there is sometimes more than one logical conclusion inferable from the same set of circumstances. In cases where one conclusion implies a defendant's guilt and another their innocence, the 'benefit of the doubt' principle would apply. Indeed, if the circumstantial evidence suggests a possibility of innocence, the prosecution has the burden of disproving that possibility.

Civil law

Circumstantial evidence is also used in civil courts to establish or deny liability. It is usually the most common form of evidence, especially in product liability cases, and road traffic accidents for example. Forensic analysis of skid marks can frequently allow a reconstruction of the accident to be made. By measuring the length of such marks and using dynamic analysis of the car and road conditions at the time of the accident, it is usually found that drivers under-estimate the speed at which they were travelling. Forensic science and forensic engineering are both common methods used in civil cases, just as much as in criminal cases.

Other applications

History

Circumstantial evidence is not considered to be proof that something happened but it is often useful as a guide for further investigation.

An example from genealogy would be that if census records showed several people with the same surname lived at the same address, likely relationships could be inferred from age and gender.

Science

Circumstantial evidence is normally used in science only to support other forms of evidence, so that you can figure out what happened.

Social Studies

Circumstantial evidence is used in social studies to reach logical conclusions where other forms of evidence do not exist.

BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #635 on: December 29, 2008, 09:12:49 AM »

Just changing my avi again, want to see how it looks. I may change it yet again till I'm happy with it.

I like it!! So much to choose from, you are very creative!

BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #636 on: December 29, 2008, 09:14:03 AM »

Catching up here, but you look so cute in your New Year's get-ups!!

Anything going on today? Hearings, pressers, etc?

Nothing that I know of Anothermonkey. Love your Avi, very nice! 

Fuzzball
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #637 on: December 29, 2008, 09:15:13 AM »

ITA. And she enjoyed watching Cindy squirm when everyone asked if Casey were pregnant, because there is no way Cindy really bought that cock and bull story that Casey wasn't pregnant. She knew damn well Casey was pregnant. Either she has a serious mental disconnect that makes her delusional whenever Casey's done something bad, (quite possible,) or she's got some sadly misplaced loyalty and some screwed up ideas about what love is. Either way it's very screwed up.

Casey is incredibly cruel and it occurs to me that her entire treatment of Cindy is an example of the "joyful cruelty" that Wyks' earlier link about destructive narcissism referred to.

Cindy never thought Casey was a virgin. She just thought everyone else was either too polite or too stupid to argue with her about it.
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #638 on: December 29, 2008, 09:15:20 AM »

GOOD MORNING ALL!!

Please remember that Florida is unique in it's death penalty procedures. It's the only state where the judge can override the jury's decision. I also didn't realize that you can be sentenced to death for a felony in which you are not responsible for the murder!! 
Category State Information
State Abbreviation FL
State Name Florida
Death Penalty? Yes
Number of Executions Since 1976 66
Number of Executions before 1976 314
Current Death Row Population 397
Women on Death Row  0
Date Death Penalty Re-enacted 12-08-1972
1st Execution After Re-enactment 1979
Murder Rate (per 100,000) 6.2
Is Life Without Parole an Option? Yes
Can a defendant get death for a felony in which s/he was not responsible for the murder? Yes
Number of Innocent Persons Freed From Death Row 22
Number of Clemencies Granted 6
Region South
Method Choice of Injection or Electrocution
How is the Sentence Determined? Judge may override a jury decision
Location of Death Row(s) Stark (Women: Lowell)
Clemency Process Governor has the authority to grant clemency on the advice of the Board of Executive Clemency

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
Lucinda
Monkey Junky

« Reply #639 on: December 29, 2008, 09:18:40 AM »

thank you boo, for the info.  I swear i hope USA has better sentancing laws than aus. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.